Universal Gaming
Genshin Impact | 4.6 Special Program - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Video Games (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Genshin Impact | 4.6 Special Program (/showthread.php?tid=878)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.7 Preview - Mr EliteL - Jun 23rd, 2023

3.8 Preview is here!

Redemption Codes:

QBQ2NH6DB4Z9
2SR3PY7CA52V
6A836GNUA52Z

What's new
  • Klee Blossoming Starlight skin (unsure of rarity)
  • Kaeya Sailwind Shadow 4* skin (can be earned in 3.8 main event)

Version 3.8 Specifics
  • Eula & Klee Rerun Banners First Half
  • Kokomi & Wanderer Reruns Second Half
  • Main Event: Secret Summer Paradise; Open World Attractions Pre-Prints and Choo-Choo Car ride (both seem to have rewards)
  • Main Event Minigames: Spino Blaster, Sojurns of the Barking Fox, Dance of Flashing Thought, Bing-Bang Finchball
  • Shared Sight event; find animals
  • Perilous Expedition (combat)
  • Adventurer's Trials: Advanced event
  • TCG Update (Candace, Yanfei, Kazuha, Enemy Cards) + The Forger Realm's Temper Endless Swarm event
_

Liking both of the outfits, want them both. I was unsure on Kaeya's at first from the leaks but seeing it in-game makes it look much better. Klee's is just too adorable to resist. Events are mostly meh, although looking forward to the story side of the main event purely for Klee and Alice may make an appearance voice-wise again. I enjoyed the last Adventurer's Trials when I went in Co-Op mode during it so I'll be happy to play that way again.

Now if only their YouTube account would upload the Fontaine sneak peek at the end of the Special Program separately, I'd link that too. Quite like the look above land, underwater looks fine but the gameplay under there I'm not sure on. Also got a random new character that seemed to be an...can't quite make it out, she has hooves and wings?

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Dragon Lord - Jun 23rd, 2023

Klee skin is 10/10 and I speak for everyone when I say we we will be buying.

Kaeya is, like always, a big skip.

And ew, furries in Fontaine? Genshin dead, time to uninstall and main Star Rail from now on.

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Mr EliteL - Jul 3rd, 2023

Hoyo dropped this teaser out of nowhere which I'll just put here quickly. It's more focused on Fontaine characters, as the Harbingers teaser from last year had a short snippet for Sumeru, but is still good to have a look at them. A couple new faces that weren't on the leak from a while back, but assume they were also leaked, I know Wriothesley was. Some characters from the leak didn't get included here though so perhaps we'll see them later on.

ENG:

JAP:

There was a character's name (Egeria) in the YouTube description I don't think was shown but we hear her voice, between Freminet in the water at the start and Lynette we see after him which wasn't Lynette's voice.
Anyway, guns could be utilised more perhaps in a way like Mika's crossbow as we see Sigewinne use one. She also looks like the character in green from the leak image but outfit is now more blue. Looking forward to Arlecchino though and if another Harbinger shows up as we've had 2 each region, also the acting roll Fontaine seems to be doing so we can't see what's going on hinted in this trailer.

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Dragon Lord - Jul 3rd, 2023

Didn't feel too much hype from this trailer. Everything about Fontaine just feels like a huge dud to me. Only characters I'm really interested in are Lynette (being a catgirl makes her automatic want), but since she's likely to be 4* and be on Lyney's banner (if leaks of him being 5* remain true), then I don't want to risk pulling him to try and get her.

The only other character I give a rip about is obviously the Hydro Archon (I like her design + her Japanese voice is just wonderful). Bloodborne chick looks interesting, but it'll just be another Mika where she uses a bow that just appears as a gun, instead of Hoyo not being lazy asshats and actually making a new weapon type finally.

Anyways, Klee's new outfit in a few days and then I have nothing to care about in Genshin for the next 3+ months. RIP.

Also huge middle finger to Hoyo for doing this cancerous Abyss Floor 12 for a third cycle.

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Moonface - Jul 15th, 2023

Saw this a few days ago on Reddit's front page and found it neat but kept forgetting to share it; a digital billboard for the game in Changsha, China featuring Hu Tao and Paimon that is apparently in use currently: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/qw3R6XOBOKw

There was also this one a while back with Barbara as well (which I can embed because it isn't a Short, yay!):

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Dragon Lord - Jul 15th, 2023

I remember seeing the Barbara one a while back, yeah. Those 3D billboards are really neat. I believe there's one located in Japan some where as well, though I don't remember where.

But I love the new Hu Tao one. Good to see best girl getting the love.

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Moonface - Jul 16th, 2023

Yeah, I wish they existed outside of Asian countries but it doesn't seem to be the case. Sad
Also that Hu Tao one is the first time I've seen one of those 3D billboard ads take place over multiple positions, and it does it really well too by having Tao teleport over to the other screen. I couldn't tell myself, but is there any particular event being advertised in that or is it still just a general Genshin ad?

RE: Genshin Impact | 3.8 Preview - Moonface - Aug 3rd, 2023

Genshin Impact | 4.0 Preview Date
The Version 4.0 Special Program Preview for Genshin Impact will air on August 4 at the following times and locations:
  • Twitch - 7:30am ET / 10:30am PT / 3:30pm GMT
  • YouTube - 8:30am ET / 11:30am PT / 4:30pm GMT
The broadcast will run for one hour and as always will contain redemption codes and other goodies alongside the usual details about new game content and developments.

Genshin Impact | Developer Discussion - Increased Artifact Inventory Limit and New Battle Pass Weapons
A few days ago, a new developer discussion was shared detailing changes made to artifacts and battle pass weapons based on player feedback following the developer discussion that happened prior to this one. Some of these changes will be applied to the upcoming Version 4.0 Update.

Artifacts
The following changes will be applied in the upcoming Version 4.0 Update:
  • Artifact Inventory Limit will be increased to 1,800 from 1,500
  • 8 Artifact Sets that can be exchanged will be added to "Mystic Offering" in the Crafting Bench - Image Preview
  • The destruction function of Artifacts in your Inventory will be optimized, where you can add 4-Star Artifacts at once - Image Preview
More optimizations for Artifacts are currently in the plans, including the following:
  • Locking of Artifacts
    Optimization of the locking function to reduce the cost of managing artifacts and improve the player experience by allowing Travelers to lock Artifacts that they want more easily.

• Equipping of Artifacts
    A new plan is being discussed to help Travelers select and equip Artifacts as quickly as possible.

Version 4.0 New Content Preview
Ahead of tomorrow's Special Program Preview, here is some of the new content coming to Version 4.0:
  • New Battle Pass Weapons
    There are now 10 types of weapons that can be selected from the BP Bounty. After unlocking the Gnostic Hymn and reaching Level 30, you can select one of the weapons as a reward. Further details of the new weapons will likely be shared in tomorrow's preview.

• New Genius Invokation TCG Function: Observe Duel
    Travelers can view the current Genius Invokation TCG match on the Friends or Co-Op Team screen.

• Adds Gyroscope controller support on some platforms
    Gyroscope controller support and related settings have been added on PC, PS4 and PS5. Detailed rules can be found in tomorrow's Version 4.0 Update details.

New Chapter of Adventure: Fontaine
In the upcoming version, Travelers will head to Fontaine, the Nation of Justice. Fontaine encompasses vast areas of open water. With the blessing of the Transoceanic Sourcewater, you can freely traverse their depths and explore the unique scenery of Fontaine.

Here are two adventure tips before you embark on your journey:
  1. After the Version 4.0 update, if you have completed the Archon Quest in Mondstadt, a Teleport Waypoint in Sumeru's Realm of Farakhkert will unlock automatically. You will be able to use this to quickly arrive near Fontaine.
    (*If you wish to advance in Fontaine's storyline, we recommend completing Archon Quest Chapter III: Act VI "Caribert.")

2. The Multi-Layered Map will be officially available after the Version 4.0 update. Travelers can use it to better understand the terrain of the area you're in and explore with ease. In addition to Fontaine, the Multi-Layered Map function will also be updated in some existing areas.
More information about Fontaine will be introduced in the Version 4.0 Special Program that airs tomorrow.

Daily Reward Changes
The dev team has also noticed that the current Daily Commission mechanics are not flexible enough, and relevant optimizations are currently in the pipeline. When the time comes, Travelers will be able to obtain daily rewards in a new format. Full details will be introduced in future discussions.

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Preview Time + Developer Discussion - Mr EliteL - Aug 4th, 2023

New BP weapons is good, especially for those who get the Gnostic Hymn a lot and don't have to keep getting more copies of the current 5. 25x you'd R5 them anyway which is, er...around £225 oof. I've used it for R5'ing Death match then the rest are R2 or R1.

Locking of Artifacts is already simple enough so want to know what'll be optimised, same for Daily Commissions. All I care about for the latter is an increase of rewards but eh, something tells me 60 Primos will stay.

Will watch the preview later.

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Preview Time + Developer Discussion - Mr EliteL - Aug 4th, 2023

Huh the times are wrong, it begun on YouTube at 1:30PM which is still weird to start 30 minutes into the hour than on the hour. Also they were very helpful to not include English subtitles (technical issue) so I have to just watch gameplay to try and understand what's going on until subs are added. Anyway;

4.0 Special Program

Redemption Codes:

3BRLL59ZCZKD
WA845MQHUHKH
ZT8MLL8GCYKM

What's New:
  • NEW REGION!!: FONTAINE
  • Underwater exploration
  • Archon Quest Chapter IV
  • Lyney (5-Star Pyro), Lynette (4-star Anemo), Freminet (4-star Cryo)
  • 5-star weapon The First Great Magic (Bow)
  • Lyney Story Quest
  • New Enemies
  • New World Boss: Emperor of Fire and Iron
  • Attain Adventure Rank 25 to invite Lynette to join your roster
  • 5 new forgeable weapons
  • 5 new Battle Pass weapons
  • New Domains + 2 new Artifact Sets: Golden Troupe, Marechaussee Hunter

System Changes:
  • Multi-layered Map
  • Party Setup Screen Update
  • TCG Spectating System

Version Specific:
  • First Half Lyney & Yelan Banners w/ Lynette
  • Second Half Zhongli & Tartaglia Rerun Banners w/ Freminet
  • Mega Meka Melee event (mixed activities), reach certain requirements to invite Bennett
  • Relic Records: Creations of the Hydro Nation (item collection)
  • Studies in Light and Shadow: A Fontaine of Enchantment (photography)
  • Verdict of Blades event (combat)
  • Leyline Overflow (EXP books & Mora)

--

If I'm wrong about the Archon Quest starting, I didn't see it mentioned just parts of what I assume to be in the Archon Quest was shown. Usually Act I begins though in the first new update for a new region. Anyway, cool they make Lynette free but I was planning to pull for her anyway so some cons then maybe, well or I might just settle for her C0. I'll use Yelan's banner as I don't want Lyney nor do I want Freminet so I'll skip second half, even though I was tempted to get Zhongli's C2 so I can co-op more with him perhaps but I don't HAVE to and I need to save Primogems anyway as I got low from getting Klee's C2 (don't plan to get any more of her's).

Lots of new stuff to explore, ah darn, I've got way too much other things to do still! It's good for there to be a Teleport Waypoint unlocked straight away to go to Fontaine though which should save time. That new Party Setup screen is real snazzy and can't wait to look at all the new posing and such all the characters will do in there, a really good change. Grin

The English subtitles are now available but I can't really be bothered to watch it all over again (I skipped parts I wouldn't understand anyway).

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Preview Time + Developer Discussion - Moonface - Aug 4th, 2023

(Aug 4th, 2023, 03:38 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Huh the times are wrong, it begun on YouTube at 1:30PM which is still weird to start 30 minutes into the hour than on the hour. Also they were very helpful to not include English subtitles (technical issue) so I have to just watch gameplay to try and understand what's going on until subs are added.
Were both the times I gave wrong or just the YouTube one? I got both ET times from the official Genshin site so I'm surprised they're wrong. Unsure

Edit: I'm a fucking idiot. I just realized that I treated the ET times as PT times and that's why none of the times were correct. Just realized my mistake when doing the times for the upcoming Pokémon Presents and remembering that I live in the east of North America and therefore I'm in ET, and not west NA being ET. Doh

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Special Program + Developer Discussion - Dragon Lord - Aug 14th, 2023

So I had a bit of luck fall into my lap today. One of my co-workers needs me to work for him tonight, which is normally one of my days off, and because I'm full-time and the company I work for doesn't allow overtime, the only way I can work for someone is if they pick up one of my days for me. So I can use this to get tomorrow night off, so I can actually play 4.0 as soon as the game comes back up from maintenance and I can enjoy the night experiencing the new region.

Gonna be nice getting to enjoy it at the same time as everyone else instead of 12+ hours later. I'll actually be able to watch my favorite streamers play it and not have to worry about spoilers.

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Special Program + Developer Discussion - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2023

How are you finding the update to be so far @Dragon Lord and @Mr EliteL?

Also, because I saw this was a thing I didn't know of and want to know what you two did, did either of you give the Wanderer a name or no?

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Special Program + Developer Discussion - Dragon Lord - Aug 16th, 2023

I'm enjoying 4.0 quite a bit. I finished the entirety of the story for 4.0 and enjoyed it. Music so far is top-notch and actually gives me serious Ys 8/Ys 9 vibes which is awesome.

The only part I'm unsure about so far for Fontaine is the underwater segments. Like they are fun now, but will the novelty of them wear off fast and they just become boring? We'll see. As I mentioned in the Last Game Played topic, one thing I can say about the underwater areas is that they are absolutely gorgeous to look at.

RE: Genshin Impact | 4.0 Special Program + Developer Discussion - Moonface - Aug 16th, 2023

I hadn't paid attention to what was being added to the game to know they added in underwater exploration. I assume there's just some hand waving going on for everyone managing to breathe underwater and freely use their spells in water too? Even though some like fire would make zero sense to work in water. Tongue
Also is the story just really short or did you just grind it out DL? The update only dropped yesterday didn't it so I'm surprised to see you finished it already, but I don't really know how the stories are in Genshin.