Universal Gaming
Where in the World #7 - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Universal Community (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: Contests & Events (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Forum: Archived Contests (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+---- Thread: Where in the World #7 (/showthread.php?tid=970)

Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 4th, 2021

U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
WHERE IN THE WORLD #7

It's time to figure out where in the world I am once again! Grin

How It Works
  • You only need to name the country in most cases. Guesses that involve the USA as the answer will require a state as well.

• Sometimes I might be located on an island, or another location that is not itself a country nor within an actual country. If that location is not a country, then I will treat that location as being the country to which it belongs to as a territory. So if I am located on an island that is a territory of Spain, then Spain will be its country. However, in instances like this, the correct answer can also be the exact territory name if that is given before the name of the country that territory belongs to.

• This is a team based game, however I will award bonus XP to those who assist the most in narrowing down the answer.

• Each participant may ask one yes/no question to narrow down the country per day; however guessing the country/territory by name has no limit. Guessing the country/territory incorrectly will not reward XP due to the fact it has unlimited tries.

• Asking a yes/no question that results in an answer that notably gets closer to the destination will reward you with 25XP. A yes/no question that results in an answer that does not notably narrow down the answer will reward you with 10XP. Finding the correct country will reward you with 100XP. As an example, if you asked me "Are you located in the continent of Africa?" and I tell you no, that would be worth 10XP because there are still six continents I could be located on. If I were on that continent though, you would have notably narrowed down the answer to get 25XP.

• I may make adjustments to the game if necessary, as you may have noticed with the rules changing a little once again.

• If you have suggestions for different ways to award XP based on progress, I would be very interested to hear it. Smile

Here's the photo I took when I arrived at my new location! Where am I?

[Image: 3sQrJ5i.png]

RE: Where in the World #7 - Maniakkid25 - Oct 4th, 2021

Are you in a country that is currently or formerly part of the EU?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 4th, 2021

(Oct 4th, 2021, 04:26 PM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Are you in a country that is currently or formerly part of the EU?
I am not.

RE: Where in the World #7 - ShiraNoMai - Oct 5th, 2021

Is this country considered part of Asia?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 5th, 2021

(Oct 5th, 2021, 05:02 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is this country considered part of Asia?
Yes.

RE: Where in the World #7 - ShiraNoMai - Oct 8th, 2021

Is it an island nation?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 8th, 2021

(Oct 8th, 2021, 02:32 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it an island nation?
No.

RE: Where in the World #7 - ShiraNoMai - Oct 9th, 2021

Is it Nepal?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 9th, 2021

(Oct 9th, 2021, 11:02 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Is it Nepal?
No.

RE: Where in the World #7 - ShiraNoMai - Oct 10th, 2021

Then it's gotta be only a handful of places. Malaysia?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Maniakkid25 - Oct 10th, 2021

Just gonna go with the obvious here: Are you in China?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Mr EliteL - Oct 10th, 2021

Are you closer to the Arabian Sea than to the South China Sea?

RE: Where in the World #7 - Moonface - Oct 10th, 2021

(Oct 10th, 2021, 04:09 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Then it's gotta be only a handful of places. Malaysia?
No.

(Oct 10th, 2021, 04:32 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Just gonna go with the obvious here: Are you in China?
Yes. I wasn't sure whether to take this as an answer because the definitive location is Hong Kong, which is technically a territory of China and not a country, but some view it as such.

(Oct 10th, 2021, 01:14 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Are you closer to the Arabian Sea than to the South China Sea?
South China Sea. Not that the answer matters as an answer was found but I will still give credit to you for this despite the answer being guessed before your post.