Universal Gaming
Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Printable Version

+- Universal Gaming (https://universalgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Gaming Galaxy (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Gaming (https://universalgaming.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways (/showthread.php?tid=983)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Oct 28th, 2021

We had this on the old board, but it never came over, and since there's a few things I wanted to share that are sale/deal related, I figured now can be a good time to bring the thread back. Tongue

So right now the Steam Halloween Sale is going on, and runs until November 1. You can see all the deals here: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/halloween
For those who may not own it but would like to get it a little cheaper than usual, Phasmophobia is 15% off. I know @Dragon Lord and @Mr EliteL have both expressed interest in the game but I don't think either own it. I know DL doesn't have it because they don't know if their PC can handle it, but if you wanted to get it cheap just to have it now would be a good time. You could also just get it, see if it runs, and if not either keep it for the cheaper cost or ask Steam to refund it, since they'll do that for games with less than 2 hours of playtime if the claim is made within 2 weeks of purchase. Wink
Dead by Daylight is also on sale, which a few of us here own and have played together, in case anyone else wants to give it a bash and join any of us. Smile

I might get Black Mesa since I enjoyed watching that game on YouTube and it finally got finished I think, and 60% off is a very good deal.

Not a sale but it is a deal/giveaway if you have it, the PS Plus games for November have been announced:
  • Knockout City | PS4 & PS5
  • First Class Trouble | PS4 & PS5
  • Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning | PS4
  • The Persistence | PS VR
  • The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – Standard Edition | PS VR
  • Until You Fall | PS VR
If you didn't pick up the PS Plus games for October, you have until November 1 to grab PS5 multiplayer shooter Hell Let Loose, golf sim PGA Tour 2K21 and one-on-one fighter Mortal Kombat X for your game library.

In the Xbox camp, there are some new games coming to Game Pass for those who have it. There's a stupid amount of stuff coming that is too long to list here, so check out the Xbox Blog post that gives you the full rundown: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2021/10/19/coming-soon-xbox-game-pass-mid-october-update-2021/

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Nov 8th, 2021

For those in the US, Nintendo has announced their Black Friday sales. The following games will be available for $39.99 at retailers on Black Friday:
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Maker 2, Paper Mario: The Origami King, Kirby Star Allies, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Astral Chain, and Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
Additionally, Mario Kart Live: Home Circuit will be reduced from $99.99 to $59.99 while Ring Fit Adventure will be on sale for $54.99 instead of $79.99.

Nintendo will also be offering deals on the Switch eShop, which I believe are all up right now. I don't think these deals are available outside the US, but if you live outside of that region and wish to check and report back, I would appreciate it. In the meantime, here's a list of every game on sale on the eShop right now:

Finally, Target in the US is currently hosting a Buy 2, Get 1 Free sale on select games, as well as other items. The sale runs until November 13.

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - ShiraNoMai - Nov 25th, 2021

The Nintendo eShop sale is live now, by the way! All those sales are live so go check'em out if you care about any of the stuff being marketed to ya.

In other news, Steam's Autumn Sale is now live as well, featuring deals on popular games like Hot Wheels Unleashed, Dying Light, Outer Wild, Monster Hunter Rise, and Yakuza: Like a Dragon!

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Dec 3rd, 2021

I thought those games were on sale at the time I posted the list, but I guess I was mistaken. Whistle

So I don't think anyone here is going to take an interest in the PS5 game that's being offered as part of the December PS+ lineup, but it is probably the worst offering Sony has done on PS+. The game in question is Godfall, except the PS+ version is called the Challenger Edition. It only provides access to the end game content, which is like three missions, and everything else that would come prior to that is not available without buying the game. Essentially it's a demo but of the end of the game rather than the beginning.
I can't blame it all on Sony because the game is also doing the same on the Epic Games Store, but imagine offering a free game as part of a subscription and that's what you get?

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Karo - Dec 3rd, 2021

I like the idea about this thread, but I do have one question though what do you do when you are a poor?

I know obviously there is no such thing as a poor and I am certainly not a tasty peasant ready to be eaten by the rich.... *looks around nervously* Unsure

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Dec 3rd, 2021

(Dec 3rd, 2021, 09:21 PM)Karo Wrote:
I like the idea about this thread, but I do have one question though what do you do when you are a poor?

I know obviously there is no such thing as a poor and I am certainly not a tasty peasant ready to be eaten by the rich.... *looks around nervously* Unsure
Well that's why it also covers giveaways, which would be when a game is just going around for free (not via subscriptions like PS+ but actually 100% free) either permanently or for a period. Like I know Dead by Daylight is going out for free on Epic Games Store but I know nobody here touches that store with a ten foot pole to get it from there so didn't feel the need to mention that. Not that the deal would benefit you anyway. XD

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Dec 14th, 2021

So speaking of free games, Ubisoft is giving away Rayman Origins for free via their store on PC: https://store.ubi.com/us/rayman-origins/575ffda8a3be1633568b4e12.html?lang=en_US
The offer runs until December 22.

There's also a Winter Sale happening over at GoG right now, and if you're looking for freebies you're in luck as the store will be giving away four free games, starting with Shadow Tactics: Blade of the Shogun, which can be claimed until December 15: https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/gogs-winter-sale-is-now-live-and-will-include-4-free-games/

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - ShiraNoMai - Dec 22nd, 2021

Free shit Wow
Having to download other launchers to get them: D=

I get why they do this but ugh. It's the principle of the matter here. It sucks!

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Karo - Dec 22nd, 2021

Yeah the other launcher thing really make you consider, but otherwise how else would they get you to consider adding another stupid launcher to your already crowded apps that want to start when you login to your PC?

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Dec 22nd, 2021

I heard that the Steam Winter Sale is going live later today. Anyone hoping for anything in particular to go on a sale?

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Cory - Dec 30th, 2021

(Dec 22nd, 2021, 07:15 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I heard that the Steam Winter Sale is going live later today. Anyone hoping for anything in particular to go on a sale?
Well, with it going on right now, here's what I bought:
  • Call of Duty 4
  • Construction Simulator 2
  • Battlefield 1
  • Ace Combat: Skies Unown
  • Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelists: Link Evolution
I bought Shadow of Mordor and Shadow of War recently too, but I can't remember if that was before or after the sale.

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Jan 28th, 2022

The Steam Lunar New Year Sale is now live! I've not looked at all of the deals yet (because as always there are a lot) but I've seen a few notable ones:
  • Valve Complete Pack
  • Deep Rock Galactic
  • Unrailed
  • Spiritfarer
  • Factory Town
  • Black Mesa
  • Warhammer: Vermintide 2
  • Disco Elysium: The Final Cut
  • Subnautica
  • Hades
  • Death's Door
  • Sea of Thieves
  • Doom Eternal
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisps
  • Persona 5 Strikers
There's a ton more but I need to stop somewhere I guess. XD
I might grab a few games this time if I remember to do it. Little ticked that Vermintide 2 is on sale because I bought that at full price but have yet to actually play it at all. I'd recommend it though to anyone who wants a L4D style multi-player game (I think it's a bit more complex than that but I haven't played it to know the differences).

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Dragon Lord - Jan 28th, 2022

I'll have to check out the deals once I get home from work in the morning. I did take a quick peak and saw they had Tales of Arise under "roguelike", so that was pretty funny to see. I think we all know who the imposter is.

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Moonface - Jan 29th, 2022

(Jan 28th, 2022, 04:22 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'll have to check out the deals once I get home from work in the morning. I did take a quick peak and saw they had Tales of Arise under "roguelike", so that was pretty funny to see. I think we all know who the imposter is.
I checked the tags for the game and nothing that is a popular tag for it even comes close to falling into the roguelike category. I also saw that Skyrim is under the "horror" category yet I'm not aware of anything about that game being close to horror. I guess seeing a dragon while you're still using newborn armour and stats could be scary. Unsure

One thing I wish Steam wouldn't do is promote unreleased games in the sale listings, especially when those games also aren't on any form of a sale.

RE: Game Sales, Deals, and Giveaways - Dragon Lord - Jan 30th, 2022

Skyrim is in the horror category because it's absolutely horrific how poorly that game is optimized still.

I see a few games I do want to pick up though. Haven't purchased anything yet, but definitely going to spend my night off tomorrow doing some more browsing and purchasing.