Introducing, Cory!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 13th, 2021, 11:16 PM)Cory Wrote:
Not InvisionFree, I know that much, since jQuery wasn't a thing at the time and wasn't installed by default when it became a thing. It's probably a tie between ZetaBoards and Jcink since the way you code for them is very similar.
Interesting. I would've expected Jcink to be more similar to IF than ZB, since they're both based on IPB. But I guess the lack of JQuery on IF is what makes it so different compared to ZB despite that being a completely different and custom software.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 13th, 2021, 11:16 PM)Cory Wrote:
Not InvisionFree, I know that much, since jQuery wasn't a thing at the time and wasn't installed by default when it became a thing. It's probably a tie between ZetaBoards and Jcink since the way you code for them is very similar.
Interesting. I would've expected Jcink to be more similar to IF than ZB, since they're both based on IPB. But I guess the lack of JQuery on IF is what makes it so different compared to ZB despite that being a completely different and custom software.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
XP: 2,255
Yeah, jQuery really made a big difference for me. I was never able to master JavaScript, but the more jQuery I learned the more JavaScript I mastered.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Yeah, jQuery really made a big difference for me. I was never able to master JavaScript, but the more jQuery I learned the more JavaScript I mastered.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What got you into coding in the first place? Also how did you start, because I remember looking at it out of curiosity one time and felt instantly overwhelmed. D=

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What got you into coding in the first place? Also how did you start, because I remember looking at it out of curiosity one time and felt instantly overwhelmed. D=
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
I think my original creation, the InvisionFree Archive is what got me into coding. I was looking for a way to index all codes and skins on the official InvisionFree board at the time and I started using HTML to create the structure of it all. I think CSS came more naturally to me the more I learned about HTML. JavaScript I wanted to learn for years and couldn't grasp it, but once jQuery came along I started learning it and in turn, it helped better my JavaScript skills since they work hand-in-hand.
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
I think my original creation, the InvisionFree Archive is what got me into coding. I was looking for a way to index all codes and skins on the official InvisionFree board at the time and I started using HTML to create the structure of it all. I think CSS came more naturally to me the more I learned about HTML. JavaScript I wanted to learn for years and couldn't grasp it, but once jQuery came along I started learning it and in turn, it helped better my JavaScript skills since they work hand-in-hand.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How long would you say it took you to learn enough about jQuery to the point that coding in that sort of language or reading code in it didn't just leave you entirely dumbfounded anymore? XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How long would you say it took you to learn enough about jQuery to the point that coding in that sort of language or reading code in it didn't just leave you entirely dumbfounded anymore? XD
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Too far back to recall, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say anywhere from 3 to 6 months, maybe?
Cory Offline
Newcomer
Favourite Platform(s)
PC
Too far back to recall, but I'm going to go out on a limb here and say anywhere from 3 to 6 months, maybe?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you ever encounter coding these days that takes you time to decipher what all the parts do or does stuff like jQuery and the like just end up similar to CSS where all that takes time is knowing what part affects what but otherwise you can see what it's intention is right away?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do you ever encounter coding these days that takes you time to decipher what all the parts do or does stuff like jQuery and the like just end up similar to CSS where all that takes time is knowing what part affects what but otherwise you can see what it's intention is right away?