Windows 11
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What visual style are you using for it right now @Dragon Lord? Is it the new one that was made for W11 or did you stick with the classic Windows style it offers?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
What visual style are you using for it right now @Dragon Lord? Is it the new one that was made for W11 or did you stick with the classic Windows style it offers?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Microsoft is testing ads in the Windows 11 File Explorer - Bleeping Computer

Apparently this isn't the first time Microsoft have pushed ads onto Windows and I think it'll be inevitably staying considering they won't just take the hint to not keep doing it despite prior attempts always going poorly. I'd rather Windows 11 not be given out for free to everyone with W10 if this is what will happen, especially since this is being applied to any copy of W11 even if you did pay for it. Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Microsoft is testing ads in the Windows 11 File Explorer - Bleeping Computer

Apparently this isn't the first time Microsoft have pushed ads onto Windows and I think it'll be inevitably staying considering they won't just take the hint to not keep doing it despite prior attempts always going poorly. I'd rather Windows 11 not be given out for free to everyone with W10 if this is what will happen, especially since this is being applied to any copy of W11 even if you did pay for it. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Eh, it won't bother me if it's just that little bar shown in the screenshot. That's easy enough to ignore whenever I go into File Explorer. I'll have a problem with it the day that the Win 11 UI starts to look like Skype.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Eh, it won't bother me if it's just that little bar shown in the screenshot. That's easy enough to ignore whenever I go into File Explorer. I'll have a problem with it the day that the Win 11 UI starts to look like Skype.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 15th, 2022, 05:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What did Skype's UI look like again? I can't remember what it looked like. XD

(Dec 16th, 2021, 09:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Just requoting this incase you missed it back when I first posted it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 15th, 2022, 05:03 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What did Skype's UI look like again? I can't remember what it looked like. XD

(Dec 16th, 2021, 09:45 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Just requoting this incase you missed it back when I first posted it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember exactly how it looked anymore, but I just remember it had very "in your face" ads plastered every where on it.

Also I'm just using the default Win11 look. Didn't even know I could change it to anything classic looking (haven't been bothered to really dive into all of the customization options yet).
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,732 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember exactly how it looked anymore, but I just remember it had very "in your face" ads plastered every where on it.

Also I'm just using the default Win11 look. Didn't even know I could change it to anything classic looking (haven't been bothered to really dive into all of the customization options yet).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I feel like they've already been doing that shit, so those ads don't really bother me.

I've had it set to classic. It's taken a little time to get used to but it feels fine. I've actually just gone full MacOS experience and hide the taskbar as well (hover only). LOL

I'll say the one gripe I have with it so far is that right clicking the taskbar no longer let's me access Task Manager. There used to be many options with right-click, and now it's just "Taskbar Settings" only. I've had to pin the task manager to it so I can access it quicker. Not a fan of CTRL + ALT + DEL every time I wanna check program usage. Errm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I feel like they've already been doing that shit, so those ads don't really bother me.

I've had it set to classic. It's taken a little time to get used to but it feels fine. I've actually just gone full MacOS experience and hide the taskbar as well (hover only). LOL

I'll say the one gripe I have with it so far is that right clicking the taskbar no longer let's me access Task Manager. There used to be many options with right-click, and now it's just "Taskbar Settings" only. I've had to pin the task manager to it so I can access it quicker. Not a fan of CTRL + ALT + DEL every time I wanna check program usage. Errm
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Please understand Microsoft needs to sell you ads and everything really need an ad! I'm looking forward to the future where state of the art toilets will play you an ad that you will surely appreciate while your using the toilet! Grin
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Please understand Microsoft needs to sell you ads and everything really need an ad! I'm looking forward to the future where state of the art toilets will play you an ad that you will surely appreciate while your using the toilet! Grin
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2022, 05:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
As someone who keeps task manager open 24/7 the removal of a quick access would really piss me off. I guess pinning it won't be too bad for me though since I keep it open all the time anyway so not like it would be taking up space on my taskbar or being something I want quick access to but not always open or accidentally clicking on (looking at you Photoshop before I finally unpinned you after opening is by accident for the nth time).

For those using it already, is there anything you would like to see added in a future update to the OS? Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2022, 05:11 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
As someone who keeps task manager open 24/7 the removal of a quick access would really piss me off. I guess pinning it won't be too bad for me though since I keep it open all the time anyway so not like it would be taking up space on my taskbar or being something I want quick access to but not always open or accidentally clicking on (looking at you Photoshop before I finally unpinned you after opening is by accident for the nth time).

For those using it already, is there anything you would like to see added in a future update to the OS? Hmm