Animation Appreciation
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

So I recalled watching two of the videos in the series above and thought it'd be neat to have a thread for our appreciation of great animation in video-games, whether it's the movement of a character, their facial expressions, or a technique being used like Squash & Stretch.

Referencing the series for now, I appreciate the animation of Overwatch a lot more after watching the video detailing the way each character is given a feel and personality with only a hand and first person viewpoint to really go on. Jak & Daxter is something I noticed as a kid with its way of emphasising movement with squash and stretch, so it was cool to see I noticed something that actually mattered a lot and wasn't just a personal take.

Whether it ends up in the final game or not, the animation for facial expressions in The Last of Us Part II at E3 this year was ridiculously good for being in gameplay.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

So I recalled watching two of the videos in the series above and thought it'd be neat to have a thread for our appreciation of great animation in video-games, whether it's the movement of a character, their facial expressions, or a technique being used like Squash & Stretch.

Referencing the series for now, I appreciate the animation of Overwatch a lot more after watching the video detailing the way each character is given a feel and personality with only a hand and first person viewpoint to really go on. Jak & Daxter is something I noticed as a kid with its way of emphasising movement with squash and stretch, so it was cool to see I noticed something that actually mattered a lot and wasn't just a personal take.

Whether it ends up in the final game or not, the animation for facial expressions in The Last of Us Part II at E3 this year was ridiculously good for being in gameplay.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Game Animation Appreciation Moonface 0 2,185 Sep 24th, 2019, 12:01 AM
Last Post: Moonface