How Was Your 2021?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
While many countries across the world are already celebrating the arrival of the new year, us Western Hemisphere plebs are still stuck reflecting on how 2021 was as a whole.

We can discuss globally, locally, personally, whatever you choose: how was YOUR 2021, y'all? Smile
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
While many countries across the world are already celebrating the arrival of the new year, us Western Hemisphere plebs are still stuck reflecting on how 2021 was as a whole.

We can discuss globally, locally, personally, whatever you choose: how was YOUR 2021, y'all? Smile
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
1 hour and a bit to go now. I've got work in the morning so I'll be going to bed soon even though I'll be hearing fireworks while I try to fall asleep.

A part of me hates seeing the end of 2021, I was happy with 2020 gone but 2021 saw many ups and downs for myself. Happy my cat's made it to the end and may she reach a milestone of 20 human years come April if she does last until then. Lost members of my family, luckily not to covid though, still stuck in the same job but honestly there was no chance I was going to get out around the first lockdown if the whole ordeal never happened. Whatever, I care not right now. Dislike the virus still holding us back to be able to do things we would like to do. Haven't done as much weightlifting as I wanted to, really begun to slack in the latter half of the year, oh well. Didn't get back into drawing yet, darn it.

On the other hand, this last year I got rediscover music, not that I gave it up of course but to get into new music again and enjoy them along with the songs I already like very much. Grin Plus well, playing Genshin. Both of them made me look forward to coming home from work or to the prospect of having to stay inside and keep away from others to not get infected. Got to watch two films in the cinema, something I haven't done since Toy Story 4....I think. Erm, can't think much of anything else.

Does seem more bad than good I suppose but funny enough, I'm not letting that effect me.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
1 hour and a bit to go now. I've got work in the morning so I'll be going to bed soon even though I'll be hearing fireworks while I try to fall asleep.

A part of me hates seeing the end of 2021, I was happy with 2020 gone but 2021 saw many ups and downs for myself. Happy my cat's made it to the end and may she reach a milestone of 20 human years come April if she does last until then. Lost members of my family, luckily not to covid though, still stuck in the same job but honestly there was no chance I was going to get out around the first lockdown if the whole ordeal never happened. Whatever, I care not right now. Dislike the virus still holding us back to be able to do things we would like to do. Haven't done as much weightlifting as I wanted to, really begun to slack in the latter half of the year, oh well. Didn't get back into drawing yet, darn it.

On the other hand, this last year I got rediscover music, not that I gave it up of course but to get into new music again and enjoy them along with the songs I already like very much. Grin Plus well, playing Genshin. Both of them made me look forward to coming home from work or to the prospect of having to stay inside and keep away from others to not get infected. Got to watch two films in the cinema, something I haven't done since Toy Story 4....I think. Erm, can't think much of anything else.

Does seem more bad than good I suppose but funny enough, I'm not letting that effect me.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My 2021 was perfectly fine. Betty White dying on the last day of the year weas pretty shitty, but other than that it was fine.

Genshin had a great year and I had lots of fun and spent ridiculous amounts of money on it. Looking forward to what 2022 will be bringing to the game.

Game releases could have been a little better this year, but thankfully 2022 is looking to be pretty stacked, so I'm very excited for that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
My 2021 was perfectly fine. Betty White dying on the last day of the year weas pretty shitty, but other than that it was fine.

Genshin had a great year and I had lots of fun and spent ridiculous amounts of money on it. Looking forward to what 2022 will be bringing to the game.

Game releases could have been a little better this year, but thankfully 2022 is looking to be pretty stacked, so I'm very excited for that.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The first half of 2021 rather sucked. It was basically a continuation of 2020: just staying at home, and not really have anything to do other than work. It's no wonder I was feeling burnt out with things.

However, the second half of 2021 was much better - in that I got a new girlfriend Grin . Not something I thought had any chance of happening during a pandemic - but, we'd been friends online for a couple of years, and when we realised that we'd developed romantic feelings for each other, we decided to turn it into something more. And so far, it's been wonderful: we've met several times in mutually-convenient locations (which have been in the West Midlands), and she's been around to my house once. But we're hoping to see each other more this coming year - including some longer stays to places that are further afield. Obviously depends on what the COVID situation looks like - but, I'm feeling quite optimistic about this coming year Grin !
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
The first half of 2021 rather sucked. It was basically a continuation of 2020: just staying at home, and not really have anything to do other than work. It's no wonder I was feeling burnt out with things.

However, the second half of 2021 was much better - in that I got a new girlfriend Grin . Not something I thought had any chance of happening during a pandemic - but, we'd been friends online for a couple of years, and when we realised that we'd developed romantic feelings for each other, we decided to turn it into something more. And so far, it's been wonderful: we've met several times in mutually-convenient locations (which have been in the West Midlands), and she's been around to my house once. But we're hoping to see each other more this coming year - including some longer stays to places that are further afield. Obviously depends on what the COVID situation looks like - but, I'm feeling quite optimistic about this coming year Grin !
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 11:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...still stuck in the same job but honestly there was no chance I was going to get out around the first lockdown if the whole ordeal never happened.

Got to watch two films in the cinema, something I haven't done since Toy Story 4....I think. Erm, can't think much of anything else.
Well at least the job you have was guaranteed to not have any struggles due to Covid in regards to keeping people employed. Did you have any idea of what other job you'd have looked for had circumstances been different?

Also you probably posted during last year what two movies those are but I don't remember and I don't want to go digging so what were the movies? XD

(Jan 3rd, 2022, 01:17 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Congrats on the relationship Kyng and I hope it works out for you! At least you're both in the same country which makes it easier to see each other, compared to Shira and I who were in completely different continents. XD
Is your job still remote or did they go back to being in-office? If the latter do you think it'll change due to the new Covid variant that's causing case numbers to rise again?

My 2021 felt pretty rough overall despite the good things that did happen. My depression was at an incredibly low point for a lot of the year, especially in the first half, to the point where I felt hopeless about everything and came dangerously close to giving up on a lot of things entirely. Therapy has helped get that under control a lot compared to where I started which is nice, although wondering if I'll surpass the five year mark without having gone back to England at all due to Covid eats at the back of my mind a lot. Also got diagnosed with ADD out of the blue, which turned out to be a big reason I was struggling a lot in 2021 because it was accentuating a lot of my other problems (I get to be reminded the hard way when I don't take my medication on any given morning thinking it'll be okay not to). I did get to do a lot more things in 2021 that didn't happen in 2020 though, such as going to places or seeing people in ways that wouldn't be feasible or considered in 2020, so the year had a lot more good things compared to 2020. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the problems that started in 2020 got dragged into 2021 in a worse state than they were, but I came out at the end of the year in a better place than I came in so I have to be grateful for that. ^_^
I'd comment about gaming and such but I need to think about that more and I want to do a thread to talk about gaming in 2021 anyway as is tradition around these parts. :Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Dec 31st, 2021, 11:57 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...still stuck in the same job but honestly there was no chance I was going to get out around the first lockdown if the whole ordeal never happened.

Got to watch two films in the cinema, something I haven't done since Toy Story 4....I think. Erm, can't think much of anything else.
Well at least the job you have was guaranteed to not have any struggles due to Covid in regards to keeping people employed. Did you have any idea of what other job you'd have looked for had circumstances been different?

Also you probably posted during last year what two movies those are but I don't remember and I don't want to go digging so what were the movies? XD

(Jan 3rd, 2022, 01:17 AM)Kyng Wrote:
Congrats on the relationship Kyng and I hope it works out for you! At least you're both in the same country which makes it easier to see each other, compared to Shira and I who were in completely different continents. XD
Is your job still remote or did they go back to being in-office? If the latter do you think it'll change due to the new Covid variant that's causing case numbers to rise again?

My 2021 felt pretty rough overall despite the good things that did happen. My depression was at an incredibly low point for a lot of the year, especially in the first half, to the point where I felt hopeless about everything and came dangerously close to giving up on a lot of things entirely. Therapy has helped get that under control a lot compared to where I started which is nice, although wondering if I'll surpass the five year mark without having gone back to England at all due to Covid eats at the back of my mind a lot. Also got diagnosed with ADD out of the blue, which turned out to be a big reason I was struggling a lot in 2021 because it was accentuating a lot of my other problems (I get to be reminded the hard way when I don't take my medication on any given morning thinking it'll be okay not to). I did get to do a lot more things in 2021 that didn't happen in 2020 though, such as going to places or seeing people in ways that wouldn't be feasible or considered in 2020, so the year had a lot more good things compared to 2020. It's just unfortunate that a lot of the problems that started in 2020 got dragged into 2021 in a worse state than they were, but I came out at the end of the year in a better place than I came in so I have to be grateful for that. ^_^
I'd comment about gaming and such but I need to think about that more and I want to do a thread to talk about gaming in 2021 anyway as is tradition around these parts. :Tongue
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface: Didn't really have a job in mind but was thinking in '19 next year let's try and look for a new job, but then the pandemic spread and made my current work look like it was better to remain there for the time being. So that's dragged out to now and I haven't got the desire to try looking at the moment.

I watched Dune and No Time To Die.

Happy you managed to have a better second half to last year, with how awful it got earlier.

I also congratulate Kyng on finding a partner in these trying times, good going and hope for the best for you both.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Moonface: Didn't really have a job in mind but was thinking in '19 next year let's try and look for a new job, but then the pandemic spread and made my current work look like it was better to remain there for the time being. So that's dragged out to now and I haven't got the desire to try looking at the moment.

I watched Dune and No Time To Die.

Happy you managed to have a better second half to last year, with how awful it got earlier.

I also congratulate Kyng on finding a partner in these trying times, good going and hope for the best for you both.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christmas (Lists) 2021 Moonface 31 6,331 Dec 30th, 2021, 07:59 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Upcoming Movies 2021 Dragon Lord 13 4,315 Oct 9th, 2021, 11:47 PM
Last Post: Moonface