Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We had this on the old board, but I figured it's been long enough since it was last used that those who watch anime will have some new OP's/ED's to share that they like (or maybe you saw one you thought was actually bad?). Have nothing new? Feel free to still share ones you like or dislike. Tongue

Oh and because I had some cartoon show openings in my head but don't see a need for them to have a separate thread since an opening is an opening, those can live here too. Should be useful for anyone who watches shows with openings that aren't based in anime. Wink

To throw up something new since the old thread died, I really like a lot of the openings from Re:Zero. I can't really decide on a favourite because I think they're all really good, but OP1 and OP3 are tied as my top ones because they both incorporate the theme of death and rebirth very well in their own ways whilst OP2 doesn't really do it very much (if at all, didn't bother to watch it entirely when looking these up just now):

I'm trying to remember any ED's that I liked but nothing really springs to mind. I find most of them tend to just sorta exist in no memorable way for most anime, and any for TV shows are generally just credit reels rather than anything eventful happening.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
We had this on the old board, but I figured it's been long enough since it was last used that those who watch anime will have some new OP's/ED's to share that they like (or maybe you saw one you thought was actually bad?). Have nothing new? Feel free to still share ones you like or dislike. Tongue

Oh and because I had some cartoon show openings in my head but don't see a need for them to have a separate thread since an opening is an opening, those can live here too. Should be useful for anyone who watches shows with openings that aren't based in anime. Wink

To throw up something new since the old thread died, I really like a lot of the openings from Re:Zero. I can't really decide on a favourite because I think they're all really good, but OP1 and OP3 are tied as my top ones because they both incorporate the theme of death and rebirth very well in their own ways whilst OP2 doesn't really do it very much (if at all, didn't bother to watch it entirely when looking these up just now):

I'm trying to remember any ED's that I liked but nothing really springs to mind. I find most of them tend to just sorta exist in no memorable way for most anime, and any for TV shows are generally just credit reels rather than anything eventful happening.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh god. what about video game openings? like Tales and Persona have anime openings. gonna list a few. now yayayayay

This topic is made for the super weeb that I am! 

WHY IS THERE ONLY A 4 VIDEO LIMIT? I'LL END UP QUADRUPLE POSTING
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
oh god. what about video game openings? like Tales and Persona have anime openings. gonna list a few. now yayayayay

This topic is made for the super weeb that I am! 

Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Here comes another chance then.

This opening is not bad, it is actually good.

[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Here comes another chance then.

This opening is not bad, it is actually good.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2022, 10:32 PM)Monocle Wrote:

I thought we had a thread on here for game credits, but apparently it was just on the old board. Looks like we need to recreate that then although I won't mess with the post you put in here.

As for the video limit, just a precursor from when the board was made and nobody has ever mentioned the limit getting in their way before now. I increased it to 10 per post now. I'm a little cautious doing more than that in case it causes a loading problem trying to fetch so many things from YouTube at once. XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2022, 10:32 PM)Monocle Wrote:

I thought we had a thread on here for game credits, but apparently it was just on the old board. Looks like we need to recreate that then although I won't mess with the post you put in here.

As for the video limit, just a precursor from when the board was made and nobody has ever mentioned the limit getting in their way before now. I increased it to 10 per post now. I'm a little cautious doing more than that in case it causes a loading problem trying to fetch so many things from YouTube at once. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gintama is such a meme ROFL

Moony's picks were ones I would've chosen. Hmm. Ooh, actually, I have a few to choose from. I'll pick one from this series, cuz it has an insanely catchy tune that the cast sing, as well as the opening that matches it:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Gintama is such a meme ROFL

Moony's picks were ones I would've chosen. Hmm. Ooh, actually, I have a few to choose from. I'll pick one from this series, cuz it has an insanely catchy tune that the cast sing, as well as the opening that matches it:

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
No more gaming ones. rip me.

10 VIDEO LIMIT?!?!?! AAAAAHAHAHA. YOU'LL REGRET THIS.

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
No more gaming ones. rip me.

10 VIDEO LIMIT?!?!?! AAAAAHAHAHA. YOU'LL REGRET THIS.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just recently started the final season of Attack on Titan and my god this opening is so sick!

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just recently started the final season of Attack on Titan and my god this opening is so sick!

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooo that opening is a banger and love the opening animation to go with it. There's so many spoilers and not as well sprinkled throughout. Best OP I've seen in a while
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yoooo that opening is a banger and love the opening animation to go with it. There's so many spoilers and not as well sprinkled throughout. Best OP I've seen in a while
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
shit. speaking of OPs with tons of meaning and some very very very subtle spoilers

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
shit. speaking of OPs with tons of meaning and some very very very subtle spoilers

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yooo wasn't that opening a transformative one too, that changed as the show went on and more things were revealed? That show was so sick, man,
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yooo wasn't that opening a transformative one too, that changed as the show went on and more things were revealed? That show was so sick, man,
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Feb 7th, 2022, 05:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

hell yeah! That show was fucking incredible and I never knew how much meaning was in the OP until I saw Mother's Basement Analyze it.

now for my next op.

dumpster fire of a show, and manga, but man is that op good
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
(Feb 7th, 2022, 05:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

hell yeah! That show was fucking incredible and I never knew how much meaning was in the OP until I saw Mother's Basement Analyze it.

now for my next op.

dumpster fire of a show, and manga, but man is that op good
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Your video lies! It only goes up to 360p. Glare
That aside, that OP was actually really good. At first I was a little eh on it but it really picks up at the 1:00 mark! Grin

Seeing a piano used alongside the song in that OP reminded me of the Angel Beats OP:

Man I forgot how good this OP's beginning is. ^_^
I wish the song was on Spotify too. Sad

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Your video lies! It only goes up to 360p. Glare
That aside, that OP was actually really good. At first I was a little eh on it but it really picks up at the 1:00 mark! Grin

Seeing a piano used alongside the song in that OP reminded me of the Angel Beats OP:

Man I forgot how good this OP's beginning is. ^_^
I wish the song was on Spotify too. Sad
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
maaaaaaaan. Angel Beats op is amazing. I downloaded it on my phone lmao. I. actually have a bunch of Lia songs.

also lmao. titles that lie?! damn click bait!

guess I should post one too

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
maaaaaaaan. Angel Beats op is amazing. I downloaded it on my phone lmao. I. actually have a bunch of Lia songs.

also lmao. titles that lie?! damn click bait!

guess I should post one too

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I liked the LiSA version the best myself.

Also yes! That OP got me into The Oral Cigarettes as a band. Also this makes me remember I never finished catching up with the manga... I should fix that. Hmm

This has to be one of the neatest styles of openings I've seen in a while. Also this show is cool, you should watch.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I liked the LiSA version the best myself.

Also yes! That OP got me into The Oral Cigarettes as a band. Also this makes me remember I never finished catching up with the manga... I should fix that. Hmm

This has to be one of the neatest styles of openings I've seen in a while. Also this show is cool, you should watch.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh I'll be watching it as soon as it's done airing. I can wait having not seen any episodes but if I start and gotta stop weekly.... I'll die.

So I recently started the KH series again because Melody of Memories and Utada Hikaru needs a shout out here

can't find a version that isn't this one. guess the algorithm being a dick again

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
oh I'll be watching it as soon as it's done airing. I can wait having not seen any episodes but if I start and gotta stop weekly.... I'll die.

So I recently started the KH series again because Melody of Memories and Utada Hikaru needs a shout out here

can't find a version that isn't this one. guess the algorithm being a dick again

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  General Anime/Manga Chat Karo 121 50,046 Mar 2nd, 2024, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Dat Touhou Anime... Nightingale 2 4,380 Jul 19th, 2018, 12:58 AM
Last Post: Nightingale