Game Credits
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Another thread from the old days that I decided to bring back after I was made aware it wasn't on this board when @Monocle was posting game credit sequences in the Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's thread. Tongue

Whether it's the beginning of the game, or the final curtain call, whenever a credits sequence rolls on screen it isn't often we take the time to read everything (if anything at all), but that doesn't mean those sequences have to be boring and enticing us to hit the skip button, or pray one exists if otherwise. For every game credit sequence that you've really liked for whatever reason, share your love for them here! Grin

Here are some of mine:

LittleBigPlanet 2
I absolutely love how LittleBigPlanet 2 does its credits for both the opening and ending of the game. The opening credits are integrated into the introductory level itself, while the end credits feature one of my all time favourite songs and adorable antics from the games characters and oh my god those cute little Sackbots are just so.....squeeee! >w<

Rayman Origins/Legends
I know a lot of games have done this style of credits, but these two Rayman games were the first instances I saw this style and I love it in any game that does it. You basically just get to destroy the letters in the end credits however you want, which feels therapeutic and just dumb fun to me. Who hasn't tried to pronounce the silly names you end up with or even try to get something rude? Tongue

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Naughty Dog adopted opening credit videos with The Last of Us, and while I love that one, I wasn't expecting it to be brought over into the Uncharted series since the first three games never did it, and I never thought it would work in future games either. Uncharted 4 is the only game in the series that features any opening credits, and it clearly only worked for that game because of the story it tells, but it was such a neat nostalgia trip and a perfect way to signify this game was going to be a love letter to the entire series. I even brought this one up in the Games & Nostalgia thread we have.

[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Another thread from the old days that I decided to bring back after I was made aware it wasn't on this board when @Monocle was posting game credit sequences in the Anime/TV Show OP's/ED's thread. Tongue

Whether it's the beginning of the game, or the final curtain call, whenever a credits sequence rolls on screen it isn't often we take the time to read everything (if anything at all), but that doesn't mean those sequences have to be boring and enticing us to hit the skip button, or pray one exists if otherwise. For every game credit sequence that you've really liked for whatever reason, share your love for them here! Grin

Here are some of mine:

LittleBigPlanet 2
I absolutely love how LittleBigPlanet 2 does its credits for both the opening and ending of the game. The opening credits are integrated into the introductory level itself, while the end credits feature one of my all time favourite songs and adorable antics from the games characters and oh my god those cute little Sackbots are just so.....squeeee! >w<

Rayman Origins/Legends
I know a lot of games have done this style of credits, but these two Rayman games were the first instances I saw this style and I love it in any game that does it. You basically just get to destroy the letters in the end credits however you want, which feels therapeutic and just dumb fun to me. Who hasn't tried to pronounce the silly names you end up with or even try to get something rude? Tongue

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
Naughty Dog adopted opening credit videos with The Last of Us, and while I love that one, I wasn't expecting it to be brought over into the Uncharted series since the first three games never did it, and I never thought it would work in future games either. Uncharted 4 is the only game in the series that features any opening credits, and it clearly only worked for that game because of the story it tells, but it was such a neat nostalgia trip and a perfect way to signify this game was going to be a love letter to the entire series. I even brought this one up in the Games & Nostalgia thread we have.

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Honestly, pretty much the only credits I've paid attention to are those from Yooka-Laylee - and even then, only because they had my name in Tongue . That's because I was one of the contributors to the original crowdfunding project.

(Other than that, I'm afraid it was a complete waste: the game was unplayable with a keyboard and mouse, and I couldn't justify buying a controller just for one game!!!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,944 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Honestly, pretty much the only credits I've paid attention to are those from Yooka-Laylee - and even then, only because they had my name in Tongue . That's because I was one of the contributors to the original crowdfunding project.

(Other than that, I'm afraid it was a complete waste: the game was unplayable with a keyboard and mouse, and I couldn't justify buying a controller just for one game!!!)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 23rd, 2022, 11:27 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Dear lord I just looked up the credits out of curiosity of what they look like and saw that they're almost three hours long?! Shock
I thought GTA V had the longest credits for a game (and that's only about 30 minutes) but that length is nuts! I know it's because every backer is in there which is a stupidly long list, but it's still an impressive length. At least they offer the ability to rewind and fast forward so no one who has a backer name at the end of the alphabet has to wait for it to show up. Tongue
Other than that I have nothing else to say about them since they're just the bland scrolling text on black credits.

Thinking of crowd funded platformers though, I remembered that I adored the credits for A Hat in Time:

What I really liked as well is the last two areas only show up on the credits if you own the DLC. I can't think of any other game that updates its credits based on how much of the game you own.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 23rd, 2022, 11:27 PM)Kyng Wrote:
Dear lord I just looked up the credits out of curiosity of what they look like and saw that they're almost three hours long?! Shock
I thought GTA V had the longest credits for a game (and that's only about 30 minutes) but that length is nuts! I know it's because every backer is in there which is a stupidly long list, but it's still an impressive length. At least they offer the ability to rewind and fast forward so no one who has a backer name at the end of the alphabet has to wait for it to show up. Tongue
Other than that I have nothing else to say about them since they're just the bland scrolling text on black credits.

Thinking of crowd funded platformers though, I remembered that I adored the credits for A Hat in Time:

What I really liked as well is the last two areas only show up on the credits if you own the DLC. I can't think of any other game that updates its credits based on how much of the game you own.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

oh DMC usually had fun af credits because they're playable.

start at 1:22 though because that's the actual credits
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 

oh DMC usually had fun af credits because they're playable.

start at 1:22 though because that's the actual credits
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Do you get anything for killing a certain number of enemies besides the game congratulating you at the end of the credits for a score of 100+?

And yeah, playable credits tend to be the best ones, although I wonder how much people miss the actual text because they're too focused on what they're doing. XD
Here's a few other games I know that have playable end credits: I also like that more games are starting to do opening credits during gameplay, although the only two I can think of that I've played with do that are the LittleBigPlanet games and The Last of Us Part 2.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle: Do you get anything for killing a certain number of enemies besides the game congratulating you at the end of the credits for a score of 100+?

And yeah, playable credits tend to be the best ones, although I wonder how much people miss the actual text because they're too focused on what they're doing. XD
Here's a few other games I know that have playable end credits: I also like that more games are starting to do opening credits during gameplay, although the only two I can think of that I've played with do that are the LittleBigPlanet games and The Last of Us Part 2.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@Moonface yup! there's a secret ending involving Vergil. Alludes to what happened to him in DMC1
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
@Moonface yup! there's a secret ending involving Vergil. Alludes to what happened to him in DMC1
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I completely forgot about how good the end credits for Hades are until I recently heard the song again:

@Monocle: That's neat! I can't think of any game I've played or seen that gave a reward for doing anything in the credits sequences.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I completely forgot about how good the end credits for Hades are until I recently heard the song again:

@Monocle: That's neat! I can't think of any game I've played or seen that gave a reward for doing anything in the credits sequences.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The only time I enjoy credits are when I beat a game I really enjoyed. And since I don't tend to beat games from start to finish I don't really ever get to see them.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The only time I enjoy credits are when I beat a game I really enjoyed. And since I don't tend to beat games from start to finish I don't really ever get to see them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Probably one of the most iconic opening credits sequences of all time:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Probably one of the most iconic opening credits sequences of all time:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
^^^ I'd say this might be the most iconic opening credits to a game of all time. Even if you don't know of the visual sequence you likely know the song for it, which I can't really think of for any other game off the top of my head. I remember being so blown away by it when I played MGS3 blind, especially after the whole opening sequence before it too.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
^^^ I'd say this might be the most iconic opening credits to a game of all time. Even if you don't know of the visual sequence you likely know the song for it, which I can't really think of for any other game off the top of my head. I remember being so blown away by it when I played MGS3 blind, especially after the whole opening sequence before it too.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Do You View Smash Bros. as a Party Game or a Fighting Game? Moonface 5 771 Aug 2nd, 2023, 03:38 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Game creator Content ID'd on his own game Maniakkid25 4 4,902 Dec 7th, 2019, 12:59 AM
Last Post: Moonface