NieR: Automata Anime
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't heard anything about this before now but over the last few days there's been growing speculation that NieR: Automata could be getting an anime adaptation:

If it's done well then an anime could be really good for this. The second season won't even need to be much different to the first one either. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I hadn't heard anything about this before now but over the last few days there's been growing speculation that NieR: Automata could be getting an anime adaptation:

If it's done well then an anime could be really good for this. The second season won't even need to be much different to the first one either. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Extremely PauseChamp at this Gasp This could be pretty solid. I honestly think they could do the whole Nier/Drakengard series as one and it could work.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Extremely PauseChamp at this Gasp This could be pretty solid. I honestly think they could do the whole Nier/Drakengard series as one and it could work.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2B's fine ASSets in glorious HD animation?

[Image: 8RKAP94.jpg]
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2B's fine ASSets in glorious HD animation?

[Image: 8RKAP94.jpg]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 10th, 2022, 06:49 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It could but I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for Automata first because of the large appeal that game had and 2B animated alone will draw plenty of non-fans in. XD

I wonder if they'll animate any of the stuff that was detailed in the things like the orchestra and such. I don't think it'd be a good idea to expect people who watch this to go hunting down the missing lore and stuff to understand things or get the full picture.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 10th, 2022, 06:49 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It could but I wouldn't be surprised if they're going for Automata first because of the large appeal that game had and 2B animated alone will draw plenty of non-fans in. XD

I wonder if they'll animate any of the stuff that was detailed in the things like the orchestra and such. I don't think it'd be a good idea to expect people who watch this to go hunting down the missing lore and stuff to understand things or get the full picture.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder what studio they'd get to work on this project. ufotable would be my choice
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder what studio they'd get to work on this project. ufotable would be my choice
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No idea yet what studio is working on it but the anime has been officially announced:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
No idea yet what studio is working on it but the anime has been officially announced:
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It seems that A-1 Pictures is doing the animation for this, which can be a hit or miss experience. Hoping it's the hit experience we get, cuz when they hit, they hit good.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
It seems that A-1 Pictures is doing the animation for this, which can be a hit or miss experience. Hoping it's the hit experience we get, cuz when they hit, they hit good.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I looked at their productions and all I think I've watched by them is Working. How many of their productions have been hits compared to misses though?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I looked at their productions and all I think I've watched by them is Working. How many of their productions have been hits compared to misses though?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

The NieR: Automata anime will be releasing in January 2023, and the video above gives us our first look at 2B and 9S in the anime! Grin

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

The NieR: Automata anime will be releasing in January 2023, and the video above gives us our first look at 2B and 9S in the anime! Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A-1 seems to be doing the "hit" experience for this show, time to get hype :wow
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
A-1 seems to be doing the "hit" experience for this show, time to get hype :wow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 05:51 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
A-1 seems to be doing the "hit" experience for this show, time to get hype Wow
What do you mean by "hit" experience? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 25th, 2022, 05:51 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
A-1 seems to be doing the "hit" experience for this show, time to get hype Wow
What do you mean by "hit" experience? Unsure
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 26th, 2022, 10:32 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

There's your context Wink
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
(Feb 26th, 2022, 10:32 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

There's your context Wink
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2B booty in glorious 2D? 2B2D?

Give me it. Now.

But seriously, pretty excited about it. Late to the topic, but obviously I've known about this since the announcement. It'll be interesting to see if they change up the story of it at all for the anime (I didn't watch the announcement video, so I don't know what they have/haven't said about how it's going to be yet).

This is now my third most anticipated upcoming anime series.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
2B booty in glorious 2D? 2B2D?

Give me it. Now.

But seriously, pretty excited about it. Late to the topic, but obviously I've known about this since the announcement. It'll be interesting to see if they change up the story of it at all for the anime (I didn't watch the announcement video, so I don't know what they have/haven't said about how it's going to be yet).

This is now my third most anticipated upcoming anime series.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: No specifics have been given but there will be differences between how the story is told in the anime compared to the game:

Yoko Taro Wrote:
The anime title has the affix 'Ver 1.1a' because the title 'NieR:Automata' was a story we created to be a game, so copying it as is wouldn't make an interesting story for an anime. So I brought up the idea of changing things around.
Ryoji Masuyama Wrote:
The game movies themselves are very beautiful and complete as is, so there was a part of me that didn't want to change it up that much. So it's not exactly porting it into anime plus filling in the gaps so to say, but to get it close to the movie scenes including all the places where we made changes…

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Dragon Lord: No specifics have been given but there will be differences between how the story is told in the anime compared to the game:

Yoko Taro Wrote:
The anime title has the affix 'Ver 1.1a' because the title 'NieR:Automata' was a story we created to be a game, so copying it as is wouldn't make an interesting story for an anime. So I brought up the idea of changing things around.
Ryoji Masuyama Wrote:
The game movies themselves are very beautiful and complete as is, so there was a part of me that didn't want to change it up that much. So it's not exactly porting it into anime plus filling in the gaps so to say, but to get it close to the movie scenes including all the places where we made changes…
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The official NieR Twitter account just shared these two gorgeous pieces of official artwork for the anime! Wow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The official NieR Twitter account just shared these two gorgeous pieces of official artwork for the anime! Wow

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Game Would You Want An Anime/Show/Movie For? Moonface 4 961 Feb 12th, 2023, 10:45 PM
Last Post: Moonface