God of War Ragnarök
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So a cloth map included in the Collector's Edition for this game shows off all nine realms: https://i.redd.it/15fhic3g00a91.jpg

I managed to find a brief summary of what has been figured out about the map:

Ragnarok Map Wrote:
Each section of the map contains little hints for each realm, including what looks like the Bifrost shooting up in the sky in Asgard, a fiery figure stood in Muspelheim that some are speculating could be Surtur, and even the dragon Niddhog in the corner of the map. You can even see Noatun, a seaside hut in Vanaheim where Vanir held their meetings.

As for the runes in the top-left corner, it reads, "For Brok and Sindri and their ambitions to become the worlds greatest blacksmiths, training in their dwarven home realm was only the beginning of their path. Sure they created wonders like Draupnir and the Cloak of Feathers, but true genius requires a broad education."

It continues, "They sought it out in all nine realms as well as the space in between the great world tree, Yggdrasil, besting their previous creations with the hammer Mjolnir and the great Leviathan axe. None save the gods have been able to chart out strange geography, but among mortals few can boast the expertise enjoyed by the Huldra Brothers whose ability to navigate and traverse the realms rivals even that of Odin All Father."
I'm not sure what to make of it myself. I doubt it gives away any major hints about Ragnarok otherwise Sony wouldn't have shown the map off in the first place.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So a cloth map included in the Collector's Edition for this game shows off all nine realms: https://i.redd.it/15fhic3g00a91.jpg

I managed to find a brief summary of what has been figured out about the map:

Ragnarok Map Wrote:
Each section of the map contains little hints for each realm, including what looks like the Bifrost shooting up in the sky in Asgard, a fiery figure stood in Muspelheim that some are speculating could be Surtur, and even the dragon Niddhog in the corner of the map. You can even see Noatun, a seaside hut in Vanaheim where Vanir held their meetings.

As for the runes in the top-left corner, it reads, "For Brok and Sindri and their ambitions to become the worlds greatest blacksmiths, training in their dwarven home realm was only the beginning of their path. Sure they created wonders like Draupnir and the Cloak of Feathers, but true genius requires a broad education."

It continues, "They sought it out in all nine realms as well as the space in between the great world tree, Yggdrasil, besting their previous creations with the hammer Mjolnir and the great Leviathan axe. None save the gods have been able to chart out strange geography, but among mortals few can boast the expertise enjoyed by the Huldra Brothers whose ability to navigate and traverse the realms rivals even that of Odin All Father."
I'm not sure what to make of it myself. I doubt it gives away any major hints about Ragnarok otherwise Sony wouldn't have shown the map off in the first place.
Katie2022 Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,133
This game looks interesting. I loved the movie but am not so sure about this game. I'm not a violent game person, but then again, I was playing Doom and other games like that in my 20s LOL
Katie2022 Offline
Newcomer
XP: 2,133
This game looks interesting. I loved the movie but am not so sure about this game. I'm not a violent game person, but then again, I was playing Doom and other games like that in my 20s LOL
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2022, 11:55 PM)Katie2022 Wrote:
I loved the movie but am not so sure about this game.
You must be mistaking something else, because God of War has never had a movie. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 28th, 2022, 11:55 PM)Katie2022 Wrote:
I loved the movie but am not so sure about this game.
You must be mistaking something else, because God of War has never had a movie. Wink
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War Ragnarök - State of Play Story Trailer
A brand new trailer for God of War Ragnarök has been released during today's PlayStation State of Play showcase, giving us an in-depth look at the games story:

PlayStation Wrote:
Set out on an epic and unflinching journey as Kratos and Atreus struggle with holding on and letting go.

Witness the changing dynamic of their relationship as they prepare for war; Atreus hungers for knowledge to help him grasp the prophecy of “Loki”, as Kratos struggles to free himself from the past and be the father his son needs. All the while, the eyes of Asgard watch their every move…

Additionally, a limited edition DualSense controller themed around the game was also shown off:

I just know there's going to be people who heard the line "Death will take me, when it earns me" by Kratos and immediately think he's going to be killed off because of the paranoia made by TLoU2. ROFL

Also I won't lie, I really did for a moment think Sony were going to just show off the controller and end the show because I always expect them to do something disappointing in these State of Play's. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
God of War Ragnarök - State of Play Story Trailer
A brand new trailer for God of War Ragnarök has been released during today's PlayStation State of Play showcase, giving us an in-depth look at the games story:

PlayStation Wrote:
Set out on an epic and unflinching journey as Kratos and Atreus struggle with holding on and letting go.

Witness the changing dynamic of their relationship as they prepare for war; Atreus hungers for knowledge to help him grasp the prophecy of “Loki”, as Kratos struggles to free himself from the past and be the father his son needs. All the while, the eyes of Asgard watch their every move…

Additionally, a limited edition DualSense controller themed around the game was also shown off:

I just know there's going to be people who heard the line "Death will take me, when it earns me" by Kratos and immediately think he's going to be killed off because of the paranoia made by TLoU2. ROFL

Also I won't lie, I really did for a moment think Sony were going to just show off the controller and end the show because I always expect them to do something disappointing in these State of Play's. XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
The hype is getting more and more real.
WR91 Offline
Casual
The hype is getting more and more real.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Did you pre-order any of the special editions of the game, or just the regular game, or did you not pre-order at all? Also do you think you'll get that controller or nah?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@"WrestleRacer91": Did you pre-order any of the special editions of the game, or just the regular game, or did you not pre-order at all? Also do you think you'll get that controller or nah?
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 05:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I want the game on PS5 but still don't have one. So as of now, I haven't pre-ordered it yet. If it comes down to it I'll pick it up on PS4 but only at eStarland dot com and they don't have it for pre-order yet.
WR91 Offline
Casual
(Sep 23rd, 2022, 05:11 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I want the game on PS5 but still don't have one. So as of now, I haven't pre-ordered it yet. If it comes down to it I'll pick it up on PS4 but only at eStarland dot com and they don't have it for pre-order yet.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gears of War (Series) Relic 5 5,209 Jul 21st, 2023, 12:36 PM
Last Post: WR91
  God of War (Series) Moonface 10 9,677 Sep 28th, 2020, 09:42 PM
Last Post: WR91