Mario Strikers (Series)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So a new game in this series finally got announced today during the Nintendo Direct! Grin

Anyone else here excited for this and/or played either of the other games? ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So a new game in this series finally got announced today during the Nintendo Direct! Grin

Anyone else here excited for this and/or played either of the other games? ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This was so unexpected, and pleasantly so because I will be getting this as soon as possible for how much I enjoyed Smash Football and Strikers Charged. I'm so happy the main characters are no longer locked as captains to a team and you can choose them to join together now, and outfits to boost/change stats? Neat.

Still the most brutal Mario game with shoulder checking opposing players into electric fences, away from the ball or whenever they're just right next to us for the heck of it. XD So happy that's back in, I was wondering if they'd remove it if Strikers ever made a return.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This was so unexpected, and pleasantly so because I will be getting this as soon as possible for how much I enjoyed Smash Football and Strikers Charged. I'm so happy the main characters are no longer locked as captains to a team and you can choose them to join together now, and outfits to boost/change stats? Neat.

Still the most brutal Mario game with shoulder checking opposing players into electric fences, away from the ball or whenever they're just right next to us for the heck of it. XD So happy that's back in, I was wondering if they'd remove it if Strikers ever made a return.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
YOOOO I'M SO HYPE FOR THIS! This was one of the biggest happy surprises from the direct for me; I just can't believe they did it! Wow

I'm with EL, I'm glad they kept everything folks loved about this series and added more to it. The one hope is that you can play with friends aside from making "clubs" to join games and such.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
YOOOO I'M SO HYPE FOR THIS! This was one of the biggest happy surprises from the direct for me; I just can't believe they did it! Wow

I'm with EL, I'm glad they kept everything folks loved about this series and added more to it. The one hope is that you can play with friends aside from making "clubs" to join games and such.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the brutal tackling in this game was removed I would instantly hate it. Nothing topped the feeling of trying to reach triple digits in tackle counts when I would play with @Mr EliteL, although I can't remember which one it was we played. I assume it was the Wii one.

I hope online isn't just clubs though. I would love to be able to play against friends and even play with friends against AI like you can locally.

Also, the key art is gorgeous! Wow

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the brutal tackling in this game was removed I would instantly hate it. Nothing topped the feeling of trying to reach triple digits in tackle counts when I would play with @Mr EliteL, although I can't remember which one it was we played. I assume it was the Wii one.

I hope online isn't just clubs though. I would love to be able to play against friends and even play with friends against AI like you can locally.

Also, the key art is gorgeous! Wow
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I think we played both, but mainly Smash Football, do you remember if they had like armour on like this one? Smash Football didn't have, but I feel like we did play Strikers Charged because I did get my Wii fixed, and also remember playing on that game after then which would've only been with you. For some reason I can't remember exactly either. XD

I also hope clubs isn't the only way to play online, I definitely would like to play co-op in a team too. I also hope the joy-cons won't be the only way to play but with Pro Controllers at least too.

Yes, that art is SWEET. Even if it cuts out Peach and Yoshi from the sides, can't wait to see it on a cover if this is indeed the one they'll use.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I think we played both, but mainly Smash Football, do you remember if they had like armour on like this one? Smash Football didn't have, but I feel like we did play Strikers Charged because I did get my Wii fixed, and also remember playing on that game after then which would've only been with you. For some reason I can't remember exactly either. XD

I also hope clubs isn't the only way to play online, I definitely would like to play co-op in a team too. I also hope the joy-cons won't be the only way to play but with Pro Controllers at least too.

Yes, that art is SWEET. Even if it cuts out Peach and Yoshi from the sides, can't wait to see it on a cover if this is indeed the one they'll use.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 10th, 2022, 09:25 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If the games had different stages I'd remember easiest by seeing those again. I don't recall seeing armour on them but it's been quite a long time since we played it. XD

It is being used for the box art, although it does cut out Peach and Yoshi as you thought it might:

[Image: mario-strikers-battle-league-boxart-1.jpg]

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
If the games had different stages I'd remember easiest by seeing those again. I don't recall seeing armour on them but it's been quite a long time since we played it. XD

It is being used for the box art, although it does cut out Peach and Yoshi as you thought it might:

[Image: mario-strikers-battle-league-boxart-1.jpg]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
5 Minutes of New Mario Strikers Battle League Footage
The Japanese Nintendo channel has posted a new video for Mario Strikers Battle League, showing off five minutes of new footage! Obviously it's hard to determine everything being shown off due to the language barrier, but there's still some neat stuff in here. Smile

Shoutout to myself spending five minutes wondering why my video didn't work and not realising I failed to wrap it in video tags the entire time...

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
5 Minutes of New Mario Strikers Battle League Footage
The Japanese Nintendo channel has posted a new video for Mario Strikers Battle League, showing off five minutes of new footage! Obviously it's hard to determine everything being shown off due to the language barrier, but there's still some neat stuff in here. Smile

Shoutout to myself spending five minutes wondering why my video didn't work and not realising I failed to wrap it in video tags the entire time...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I only got some obvious new things like helping a teammate forward, 8-players local, 2-player team online, even more customisation for characters and even stadiums. Do need an English version though to know what other stuff meant. I'm hoping there isn't a way to get more than 2 goals in the special strike though like Charged had, didn't look like it from the moves we saw, but only one wasn't cut off before going into the goal, and it looked like a goalie managed to stop Waluigi's, perhaps it was too weak? That could happen in past games as well, which was fine.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I only got some obvious new things like helping a teammate forward, 8-players local, 2-player team online, even more customisation for characters and even stadiums. Do need an English version though to know what other stuff meant. I'm hoping there isn't a way to get more than 2 goals in the special strike though like Charged had, didn't look like it from the moves we saw, but only one wasn't cut off before going into the goal, and it looked like a goalie managed to stop Waluigi's, perhaps it was too weak? That could happen in past games as well, which was fine.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My favorite thing I keep noticing is the "villain" characters keep picking up the ball to score (with the exception of DK) LOL

Also I still love that key art, gat dayum!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
My favorite thing I keep noticing is the "villain" characters keep picking up the ball to score (with the exception of DK) LOL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 9th, 2022, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Oh they're all doing it? I haven't watched the footage yet but the only one I saw being talked about doing that was Wario. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 9th, 2022, 04:47 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Oh they're all doing it? I haven't watched the footage yet but the only one I saw being talked about doing that was Wario. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah Bowser does it as well.

Nintendo put out the English version of that trailer if anyone was curious about official/clear information they relayed:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah Bowser does it as well.

Nintendo put out the English version of that trailer if anyone was curious about official/clear information they relayed:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the opening movie for the game that Nintendo put out a couple of hours ago:

It's okay I guess. I can't say it really does anything to excite me or hype me up, and the only takeaway I really have is I guess using hands is just perfectly fine? I feel like I'm watching a game trailer of how football games went during my lunchtimes at secondary school where the rules were already stripped down to the bare minimum of ball + feet + goal only but at times the feet rule would randomly get ditched and the games would turn into anything goes to get a ball into the goal. XD

I haven't watched any of these yet but various outlets have done hands-on impression videos (last one is an article though) for the game:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the opening movie for the game that Nintendo put out a couple of hours ago:

It's okay I guess. I can't say it really does anything to excite me or hype me up, and the only takeaway I really have is I guess using hands is just perfectly fine? I feel like I'm watching a game trailer of how football games went during my lunchtimes at secondary school where the rules were already stripped down to the bare minimum of ball + feet + goal only but at times the feet rule would randomly get ditched and the games would turn into anything goes to get a ball into the goal. XD

I haven't watched any of these yet but various outlets have done hands-on impression videos (last one is an article though) for the game:
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's pretty nice, seeing the full opening this time round. Liked the entrances for players coming into the stadium, wonder if it will be similar to that for a game match, short and quick, although Charged was quite quick too. Ah, yes just our lunchtime football but even more extreme, if only there was indeed an electric fence to shake things up even more than what already was. LOL

I'm not so interested in the hands-on looks, might check out one of 'em later but really would just rather find out when I get my own experience.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
It's pretty nice, seeing the full opening this time round. Liked the entrances for players coming into the stadium, wonder if it will be similar to that for a game match, short and quick, although Charged was quite quick too. Ah, yes just our lunchtime football but even more extreme, if only there was indeed an electric fence to shake things up even more than what already was. LOL

I'm not so interested in the hands-on looks, might check out one of 'em later but really would just rather find out when I get my own experience.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't read any in-depth but reviews for this game seem to be on par with every other Nintendo sports title this generation; good gameplay, but iffy on the content amounts. If the game went down in price around Black Friday maybe I'd pick it up, especially if there's going to be free DLC which will have probably started releasing by that time.

I do wish Nintendo would stop skimping on the content for their sports games just to pad them out later. I know it's free so I shouldn't complain on that front but at this point they've made a habit of it across this game, Mario Tennis Aces, and Mario Golf. The only advantage it has (or had) was bringing people back to the game which keeps the online thriving longer, but I wonder how many people are just going to start waiting these games out for possible price drops to happen by the time they get their free content added.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't read any in-depth but reviews for this game seem to be on par with every other Nintendo sports title this generation; good gameplay, but iffy on the content amounts. If the game went down in price around Black Friday maybe I'd pick it up, especially if there's going to be free DLC which will have probably started releasing by that time.

I do wish Nintendo would stop skimping on the content for their sports games just to pad them out later. I know it's free so I shouldn't complain on that front but at this point they've made a habit of it across this game, Mario Tennis Aces, and Mario Golf. The only advantage it has (or had) was bringing people back to the game which keeps the online thriving longer, but I wonder how many people are just going to start waiting these games out for possible price drops to happen by the time they get their free content added.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't bought/ordered the game yet, possibly making it the gift I receive for my birthday from my family. I need to see what modes this game has, hope it has offline modes like Cups against AI and a standard quick play match at the very least. Know there's a tutorial mode as I'm watching some Twitch randoms play, which they made Yoshi be the opposing punching bag, boo! Better not be online focused only modes.

Liking the pre-kick-off animations and opposing team's disappointment at a goal in their net. XD

EDIT: Tournament Cups offline is in. I also hope a League type thing where you play against a number of teams twice or however many times then go into knockout stages for a win over the league.

EDIT 2: Doesn't look like a League mode is in, well for offline that is. Not sure if you can do a type of League thing online when you join a team of people or whatever.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
I haven't bought/ordered the game yet, possibly making it the gift I receive for my birthday from my family. I need to see what modes this game has, hope it has offline modes like Cups against AI and a standard quick play match at the very least. Know there's a tutorial mode as I'm watching some Twitch randoms play, which they made Yoshi be the opposing punching bag, boo! Better not be online focused only modes.

Liking the pre-kick-off animations and opposing team's disappointment at a goal in their net. XD

EDIT: Tournament Cups offline is in. I also hope a League type thing where you play against a number of teams twice or however many times then go into knockout stages for a win over the league.

EDIT 2: Doesn't look like a League mode is in, well for offline that is. Not sure if you can do a type of League thing online when you join a team of people or whatever.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 114 11,924 2 hours ago
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,978 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  NieR (Series) | NieR 3 Teased? Moonface 43 12,843 Mar 2nd, 2024, 12:39 AM
Last Post: Moonface