Replace "Sex" With Pronouns?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Had the thought that instead of shifting from "sex" to "gender", why not just skip all that personal info to begin with and get straight to what to refer to the other as, regardless of gender?

Can do the basics:
  • She/Her
  • He/Him
  • They/Them
  • It/Its

Then maybe implement them as a checklist, in case someone wants to be a "he/they" or something. Oh and maybe add things like "Any" or "Ask Me". Neos can be asked to be added in this thread or something possibly?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Had the thought that instead of shifting from "sex" to "gender", why not just skip all that personal info to begin with and get straight to what to refer to the other as, regardless of gender?

Can do the basics:
  • She/Her
  • He/Him
  • They/Them
  • It/Its

Then maybe implement them as a checklist, in case someone wants to be a "he/they" or something. Oh and maybe add things like "Any" or "Ask Me". Neos can be asked to be added in this thread or something possibly?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not sure I can have a profile field that lets you pick multiple options but if not I'll make the field a text input instead.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I'm not sure I can have a profile field that lets you pick multiple options but if not I'll make the field a text input instead.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can do multiple choice options, but for ease I went with a textbox instead. Unlike the "sex" profile field I have enabled this to display in posts as I feel it is useful enough to be there. I also removed the "sex" field because it doesn't seem necessary information to have in profiles any longer alongside the "pronoun" field.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I can do multiple choice options, but for ease I went with a textbox instead. Unlike the "sex" profile field I have enabled this to display in posts as I feel it is useful enough to be there. I also removed the "sex" field because it doesn't seem necessary information to have in profiles any longer alongside the "pronoun" field.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thanks! This really needed updating and I had the sudden revelation last night Sweat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Thanks! This really needed updating and I had the sudden revelation last night Sweat
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know I never heard of it and its for pronouns for nonbinary before, I generally defaulted to they/them for them. Anyways its neat that we can have this change here too! Reminds me how in canvas you can do this too!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
You know I never heard of it and its for pronouns for nonbinary before, I generally defaulted to they/them for them. Anyways its neat that we can have this change here too! Reminds me how in canvas you can do this too!
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They/Them is a good default for just not knowing in general, but yeah I knew of a retired speedrunner that goes by it/its. I don't know if it still does, but yeah. Been seeing it used a lot more frequently since.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
They/Them is a good default for just not knowing in general, but yeah I knew of a retired speedrunner that goes by it/its. I don't know if it still does, but yeah. Been seeing it used a lot more frequently since.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I actually know a speedrunner who goes by "We". They are 2-Spirit, so they decided that, for first-person, "We" was the best option. Took a moment to get why it was happening, but it made sense after I got it. They go by "They/Them" for third-person, but mean it in the plural sense. For the record, it was this video that tuned me to them:

Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I actually know a speedrunner who goes by "We". They are 2-Spirit, so they decided that, for first-person, "We" was the best option. Took a moment to get why it was happening, but it made sense after I got it. They go by "They/Them" for third-person, but mean it in the plural sense. For the record, it was this video that tuned me to them: