Lies of P | Version 1.3.0.0 Patch
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 25th, 2023, 06:58 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Also, I'm not sure why there wasn't a bonus like that for blunt/strike damage, guess that's not something I paid attention to, but it's a good catch. Perhaps they figured it wasn't needed for them since most of those weapons are going to be slow, big hitting weapons and you're not going to have to hit as many times as faster, lower damaging Tech weapons? Balancing reasons like that are the only reasons I can think of for them not having a perk for that damage type. i wouldn't imagine that they just simply forget about adding one.
That makes sense for how blunt weapons come as standard, but shoving a blunt weapon head onto a handle that belongs to a non-blunt weapon will let you attack just as fast as the other weapon types, so the balancing reason falls apart once weapon crafting comes into play. The only other thing I can think is maybe blunt weapons have higher durability but I've never paid much attention to the durability stat of weapons.

As for the video, I watched 30 seconds of it and stopped for my own feelings of self worth. ROFL
What I saw didn't surprise me massively though, as I have seen a lot of people saying that the Two Dragons Sword absolutely slaughters everything so long as you can utilize it effectively and have Perfect Gaurding down to a fine art. That said it's still very nice and impressive to actually see how good the weapon can be at its peak use.

I fought the Black Rabbit Brotherhood (1st Fight) today and managed to beat it in two tries without a summon. I would've done it in one but I got greedy with attacking because I broke the bosses weapon and thought I wouldn't take enough damage from it to die before he would die. XD
I find that a notable difference I'm doing in this second playthrough compared to my first is using the dodge mechanic more. I know in my first playthrough I was very stubborn on trying to always get Perfect Guards whereas now I'm only using it on combos and moves where it feels appropriate for me to try doing it.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Oct 25th, 2023, 06:58 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Also, I'm not sure why there wasn't a bonus like that for blunt/strike damage, guess that's not something I paid attention to, but it's a good catch. Perhaps they figured it wasn't needed for them since most of those weapons are going to be slow, big hitting weapons and you're not going to have to hit as many times as faster, lower damaging Tech weapons? Balancing reasons like that are the only reasons I can think of for them not having a perk for that damage type. i wouldn't imagine that they just simply forget about adding one.
That makes sense for how blunt weapons come as standard, but shoving a blunt weapon head onto a handle that belongs to a non-blunt weapon will let you attack just as fast as the other weapon types, so the balancing reason falls apart once weapon crafting comes into play. The only other thing I can think is maybe blunt weapons have higher durability but I've never paid much attention to the durability stat of weapons.

As for the video, I watched 30 seconds of it and stopped for my own feelings of self worth. ROFL
What I saw didn't surprise me massively though, as I have seen a lot of people saying that the Two Dragons Sword absolutely slaughters everything so long as you can utilize it effectively and have Perfect Gaurding down to a fine art. That said it's still very nice and impressive to actually see how good the weapon can be at its peak use.

I fought the Black Rabbit Brotherhood (1st Fight) today and managed to beat it in two tries without a summon. I would've done it in one but I got greedy with attacking because I broke the bosses weapon and thought I wouldn't take enough damage from it to die before he would die. XD
I find that a notable difference I'm doing in this second playthrough compared to my first is using the dodge mechanic more. I know in my first playthrough I was very stubborn on trying to always get Perfect Guards whereas now I'm only using it on combos and moves where it feels appropriate for me to try doing it.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, the Two Dragons Sword absolutely slaps. Highest TECH scaling in the game with a Tech Crank used (only weapon that can reach S-scaling) and infinite parrying if you can git gud at the timing. Though obviously it's much harder with it because you have that 1-2 second windup that you need to account for.

I was thinking about the DLC the other day and I remembered one moment in the game that brings up a question. When you get to the shore of the final area of the game, and you see those... memories things, one of them is a woman telling Gemini to "eliminate them" or something like that. However, nothing is mentioned about that after that moment, so I'd like to know... what exactly is Gemini supposed to be? According to that memory, it sounds like Gemini is supposed to be some type of weapon, however we just get a noisy, doesn't shut up half of the time companion. So maybe the DLC will dive further in on what that was about and we'll actually get to see what Gemini was before losing its memory?

An interesting idea that could come into play for the DLC at least. Would really love to get to know what Gemini actually is, because that scene made it seem like it's actually originally some kind of bringer of death.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, the Two Dragons Sword absolutely slaps. Highest TECH scaling in the game with a Tech Crank used (only weapon that can reach S-scaling) and infinite parrying if you can git gud at the timing. Though obviously it's much harder with it because you have that 1-2 second windup that you need to account for.

I was thinking about the DLC the other day and I remembered one moment in the game that brings up a question. When you get to the shore of the final area of the game, and you see those... memories things, one of them is a woman telling Gemini to "eliminate them" or something like that. However, nothing is mentioned about that after that moment, so I'd like to know... what exactly is Gemini supposed to be? According to that memory, it sounds like Gemini is supposed to be some type of weapon, however we just get a noisy, doesn't shut up half of the time companion. So maybe the DLC will dive further in on what that was about and we'll actually get to see what Gemini was before losing its memory?

An interesting idea that could come into play for the DLC at least. Would really love to get to know what Gemini actually is, because that scene made it seem like it's actually originally some kind of bringer of death.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whatever Gemini is, I have doubts he could be a weapon only because the post-credits cutscene puts far more importance on P's arm and retrieving it. While I don't think that thing is wanted for its weapon capabilities, Gemini still doesn't seem to be of much importance to anyone who has ulterior motives.

Also, calling it now that the sequel will use Toto as the talking companion if it has one, although I don't think it could work as a physical companion in its typical way. Regardless of how they do it, I hope it isn't as annoying as Gemini can be, especially when doing NG+ where his dialogue doesn't actually give you anything anymore.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Whatever Gemini is, I have doubts he could be a weapon only because the post-credits cutscene puts far more importance on P's arm and retrieving it. While I don't think that thing is wanted for its weapon capabilities, Gemini still doesn't seem to be of much importance to anyone who has ulterior motives.

Also, calling it now that the sequel will use Toto as the talking companion if it has one, although I don't think it could work as a physical companion in its typical way. Regardless of how they do it, I hope it isn't as annoying as Gemini can be, especially when doing NG+ where his dialogue doesn't actually give you anything anymore.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Director's Letter
Lies of P director Ji Won Choi has once again put himself in front of the camera to personally thank the fans for their support of the game, as well as giving details about an upcoming patch:

Patch Details
  • Planned for November, but an exact date has not been decided yet.
  • The performance of specific weapons will be adjusted to better balance the overall choice of weapons in the game, as well as make certain blades/handles feel better and more viable as choices when assembling a weapon.
  • Rising Dodge is going to be made a default ability, and will no longer be unlocked via the P-Organ. This comes in response to the amount of players who felt the early game suffers from the lack of this ability, and that it doesn't feel like an optional P-Organ upgrade when it's such a crucial ability.
  • Polendia will sell two additional Quartz from the first stage of his shop.
  • Alidoro's costume will be given to all players as a token of gratitude for their support of the game as well as their love for the character. This costume will include his mask.
  • An extra slot for facial accessories will be added, allowing players to wear hats and glasses at the same time.
  • New wearables will be added to the game to take full advantage of this new facial accessory slot. The Alchemist's Hat and a brand new pair of glasses were shown as some of the new additions.
  • Full details of what will be in this patch and the changes it will bring will be found in the patch notes when they are released.
Future Plans
  • The developers are currently in the process of preparing a release of the games soundtrack. It will encompass nearly all of the music from Lies of P, totaling more than 60 tracks.
  • Content for the Lies of P x Wo Long crossover is being carefully considered and worked on to ensure it is of the highest quality.
  • DLC concept art is shown at the 7:00 mark.
    1. Appears to be a large lab with a huge cryotube in the center, judging from the frost seen on the pipes connecting to it.
    2. P is standing on a wooden shipwreck that has crashed into the side of a much bigger and more modern ship.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Lies of P | Director's Letter
Lies of P director Ji Won Choi has once again put himself in front of the camera to personally thank the fans for their support of the game, as well as giving details about an upcoming patch:

Patch Details
  • Planned for November, but an exact date has not been decided yet.
  • The performance of specific weapons will be adjusted to better balance the overall choice of weapons in the game, as well as make certain blades/handles feel better and more viable as choices when assembling a weapon.
  • Rising Dodge is going to be made a default ability, and will no longer be unlocked via the P-Organ. This comes in response to the amount of players who felt the early game suffers from the lack of this ability, and that it doesn't feel like an optional P-Organ upgrade when it's such a crucial ability.
  • Polendia will sell two additional Quartz from the first stage of his shop.
  • Alidoro's costume will be given to all players as a token of gratitude for their support of the game as well as their love for the character. This costume will include his mask.
  • An extra slot for facial accessories will be added, allowing players to wear hats and glasses at the same time.
  • New wearables will be added to the game to take full advantage of this new facial accessory slot. The Alchemist's Hat and a brand new pair of glasses were shown as some of the new additions.
  • Full details of what will be in this patch and the changes it will bring will be found in the patch notes when they are released.
Future Plans
  • The developers are currently in the process of preparing a release of the games soundtrack. It will encompass nearly all of the music from Lies of P, totaling more than 60 tracks.
  • Content for the Lies of P x Wo Long crossover is being carefully considered and worked on to ensure it is of the highest quality.
  • DLC concept art is shown at the 7:00 mark.
    1. Appears to be a large lab with a huge cryotube in the center, judging from the frost seen on the pipes connecting to it.
    2. P is standing on a wooden shipwreck that has crashed into the side of a much bigger and more modern ship.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Two weeks after being discussed in part in the Director's Letter, a new patch has dropped for Lies of P which brings new cosmetics, balance improvements, combat changes and more: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...1646133317

Patch Notes Wrote:
New Features and Content
New costumes have been added to the game.
After installing the latest update, the following items can be found in the 'Equipment' and 'Bag' menu:
  • 'Alchemist’s Hat'
  • 'Treasure Hunter’s Mask'
  • 'Treasure Hunter’s Hunting Apparel'
  • 'Illusory Emerald Glasses'
Added a new category to the Costume menu.
  • Now players can equip the 'Mask' and 'Accessory' together in the Hair section in the costume menu.
Short Grey Hair' has been added to the game.
  • Available after reaching any of the game's ending for the first time.
  • Available at 'Geppetto's Tools'.
Add a new option to adjust the Subtitle's size.
  • Can be adjusted by [Settings -> Gameplay -> Subtitle size]
Balance and Content Improvements
Decreased Field Difficulty
  • Adjusted the attack speed of some monsters to make their attack more intuitive.
  • Increased the duration of stance breaks for some monsters.
  • Adjusted the spawn locations of some monsters and traps to fit better with the flow of the game.
The P-Organ, 'Rising Dodge' has been changed to a default ability
  • Retain Guard Regain upon Pulse Cell use' has been added to the P-Organ system to replace 'Rising Dodge'.
Combat Balance Adjustments
  • Increased the damage of some weapons.
  • Increased some weapons to trigger stance breaks to monsters more frequently.
  • Now relatively lighter Blades will gain more 'Guard Regain', while heavier Blades gain less 'Guard Regain'.
  • Decreased the delay after an attack and the time to charge a 'Charge Attack' for some heavy handles.
  • Now some heavier handles will have a faster attack speed depending on the assembled blade.
  • Adjusted the 'Destruction Damage' inflicted to monsets by a 'Perfect Guard'.
  • The weapon 'Puppet’s Saber Blade' will now have increased stats after enhancing.
  • Increased the movement distance while using the 'Proof of Humanity' weapon's attack skill.
  • Increased the damage reduction rate while guarding the weapon 'Etiquette' but reduced the fable’s charge amount for a set period of time when attacking.
  • Enhanced the attack tracking mechanism after successfully performing the Fable Arts, 'Guard Parry'.
  • Increased the damage buff of 'Bell of Provocation' to the player.
  • "The Attribute Status Ailments will now stack faster for the following Fable Arts:
    • 'Thunderstrike'
    • 'Flamestrike'
    • 'Acid Slash'
  • Increased the damage of Fatal Attacks to better scale with the players stats.
  • Increased the attack radius and tracking mechanism of the Legion Arm, 'Aegis III - Counter Charge'.
  • The pillars in the 'Kill King’s Flame, Fuoco's room will now only be destroyed by Fuoco's Fury Attacks.
Added new items to the NPC 'Polendina's Shop.
  • 2 more Quartz can be purchased during the early stages of the game.
  • After expanding the shop for the 1st time, 1 additional 'Quartz' can be purchased. (Yes, 1 more Quartz.)
  • After expanding the shop for the 3rd time, 2 additional 'Full Moonstone of the Covenant' can be purchased.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the character to shoot into the sky while using the Legion Arm 'Puppet String III - Attack Link'.
  • Fixed a bug while continuously pressing the guard button during the Guard stance Legion Arm 'Aegis' would trigger Perfect Guards every time.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed some weapons to perform Perfect Guards unintentionally.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some Electric Blitz attacks to be unguardable even with Perfect Guards or Guard Parry.
  • Fixed a bug in which the Guard Regain would not reset after performing a successful counter-attack with the weapon 'Two Dragons Sword's charge attack.
  • Fixed a bug in which arrows fired from traps could not be guarded.
  • Fixed a bug in which the 'Monnphase Pocket Watch' could be used during boss fights.
  • Fixed a bug in which attacks from some monsters would not register correctly to the player character.
  • Fixed a bug in which the P-Organ ability 'Naturally recovers Durability of inactive weapons' reduced the weapon's durability while inactive during certain situations.
  • Fixed a bug in which having the P-Organ 'Lower Damage while Dodging' activated and a specific Amulet equipped would trigger the player's stamina regain earlier than intended.
  • Fixed a bug in which the deceased NPC 'Belle' at the 'Attacked Hotel Krat'.
  • Fixed a bug in which players were able to abnormally approach certain areas of the map.
  • Adjusted the Camera Rotation speed while using controllers to be not affected by the framerate.
  • (Specific for Asian Regions) PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue has now been fixed and can be save regardless of the PS4's system settings.
  • Updated some translations and typos for the following languages:
    • 'English'
    • 'Chinese'
    • 'Japanese'
  • Updated a typo in the in-game EULA.
  • Improved game stability and bugs related to in-game UI.

I updated my game yesterday but haven't really got to notice a lot of the changes since I'm up to the Manus boss fight again, so all the field monster changes aren't going to be anything I come across until I start my third and probably final playthrough until the DLC drops. I'm hoping my third playthrough can go quickly because this second one feels like it took almost as long as my first. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Two weeks after being discussed in part in the Director's Letter, a new patch has dropped for Lies of P which brings new cosmetics, balance improvements, combat changes and more: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/...1646133317

Patch Notes Wrote:
New Features and Content
New costumes have been added to the game.
After installing the latest update, the following items can be found in the 'Equipment' and 'Bag' menu:
  • 'Alchemist’s Hat'
  • 'Treasure Hunter’s Mask'
  • 'Treasure Hunter’s Hunting Apparel'
  • 'Illusory Emerald Glasses'
Added a new category to the Costume menu.
  • Now players can equip the 'Mask' and 'Accessory' together in the Hair section in the costume menu.
Short Grey Hair' has been added to the game.
  • Available after reaching any of the game's ending for the first time.
  • Available at 'Geppetto's Tools'.
Add a new option to adjust the Subtitle's size.
  • Can be adjusted by [Settings -> Gameplay -> Subtitle size]
Balance and Content Improvements
Decreased Field Difficulty
  • Adjusted the attack speed of some monsters to make their attack more intuitive.
  • Increased the duration of stance breaks for some monsters.
  • Adjusted the spawn locations of some monsters and traps to fit better with the flow of the game.
The P-Organ, 'Rising Dodge' has been changed to a default ability
  • Retain Guard Regain upon Pulse Cell use' has been added to the P-Organ system to replace 'Rising Dodge'.
Combat Balance Adjustments
  • Increased the damage of some weapons.
  • Increased some weapons to trigger stance breaks to monsters more frequently.
  • Now relatively lighter Blades will gain more 'Guard Regain', while heavier Blades gain less 'Guard Regain'.
  • Decreased the delay after an attack and the time to charge a 'Charge Attack' for some heavy handles.
  • Now some heavier handles will have a faster attack speed depending on the assembled blade.
  • Adjusted the 'Destruction Damage' inflicted to monsets by a 'Perfect Guard'.
  • The weapon 'Puppet’s Saber Blade' will now have increased stats after enhancing.
  • Increased the movement distance while using the 'Proof of Humanity' weapon's attack skill.
  • Increased the damage reduction rate while guarding the weapon 'Etiquette' but reduced the fable’s charge amount for a set period of time when attacking.
  • Enhanced the attack tracking mechanism after successfully performing the Fable Arts, 'Guard Parry'.
  • Increased the damage buff of 'Bell of Provocation' to the player.
  • "The Attribute Status Ailments will now stack faster for the following Fable Arts:
    • 'Thunderstrike'
    • 'Flamestrike'
    • 'Acid Slash'
  • Increased the damage of Fatal Attacks to better scale with the players stats.
  • Increased the attack radius and tracking mechanism of the Legion Arm, 'Aegis III - Counter Charge'.
  • The pillars in the 'Kill King’s Flame, Fuoco's room will now only be destroyed by Fuoco's Fury Attacks.
Added new items to the NPC 'Polendina's Shop.
  • 2 more Quartz can be purchased during the early stages of the game.
  • After expanding the shop for the 1st time, 1 additional 'Quartz' can be purchased. (Yes, 1 more Quartz.)
  • After expanding the shop for the 3rd time, 2 additional 'Full Moonstone of the Covenant' can be purchased.
Bug Fixes
  • Fixed a bug that sometimes caused the character to shoot into the sky while using the Legion Arm 'Puppet String III - Attack Link'.
  • Fixed a bug while continuously pressing the guard button during the Guard stance Legion Arm 'Aegis' would trigger Perfect Guards every time.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed some weapons to perform Perfect Guards unintentionally.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some Electric Blitz attacks to be unguardable even with Perfect Guards or Guard Parry.
  • Fixed a bug in which the Guard Regain would not reset after performing a successful counter-attack with the weapon 'Two Dragons Sword's charge attack.
  • Fixed a bug in which arrows fired from traps could not be guarded.
  • Fixed a bug in which the 'Monnphase Pocket Watch' could be used during boss fights.
  • Fixed a bug in which attacks from some monsters would not register correctly to the player character.
  • Fixed a bug in which the P-Organ ability 'Naturally recovers Durability of inactive weapons' reduced the weapon's durability while inactive during certain situations.
  • Fixed a bug in which having the P-Organ 'Lower Damage while Dodging' activated and a specific Amulet equipped would trigger the player's stamina regain earlier than intended.
  • Fixed a bug in which the deceased NPC 'Belle' at the 'Attacked Hotel Krat'.
  • Fixed a bug in which players were able to abnormally approach certain areas of the map.
  • Adjusted the Camera Rotation speed while using controllers to be not affected by the framerate.
  • (Specific for Asian Regions) PS4 Controller Settings Resetting Issue has now been fixed and can be save regardless of the PS4's system settings.
  • Updated some translations and typos for the following languages:
    • 'English'
    • 'Chinese'
    • 'Japanese'
  • Updated a typo in the in-game EULA.
  • Improved game stability and bugs related to in-game UI.

I updated my game yesterday but haven't really got to notice a lot of the changes since I'm up to the Manus boss fight again, so all the field monster changes aren't going to be anything I come across until I start my third and probably final playthrough until the DLC drops. I'm hoping my third playthrough can go quickly because this second one feels like it took almost as long as my first. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Some nice changes in here. Making it so that fatal attacks scale with your stats is probably the best one. I don't know why it wasn't like that to begin with, but being in NG+ and having 40/40 MOT/TECH and having your fatal attacks do fuck all for damage was annoying as hell. They should have just copied Bloodborne further and made TECH increase your fatal damage like Skill increased your visceral attack damage in BB.

Adding more Quartz to the shop is nice, allowing players to get a couple more upgrades pre-NG+ and hopefully making the game flow a little better. Two more Full Moons of the Covenant is HUGE. The fact that you could only get one per play through before was complete ass, especially since there's several really good boss weapons for TECH builds and having to choose only one of them to upgrade fully sucked.

I probably won't play this game again until the DLC or if it goes on sale on Steam for a decent price ($15-$20 would probably get me to bit on the double dip), so I don't know if I'll even notice the enemy placement being any different, but hey, anything that makes the game feel smoother and less of an annoyance is a good thing.

I do like to see they are trying to better balance the weapons. When I first started the game, I thought heavy, high damage per hit weapons would be the best for the higher guard + more HP recovered on the counter attack, but after playing through the game twice, it was very clear that TECH was by far superior and just slapping a high damage blade on a TECH handle was the way to go (or using the Two-Dragons Sword/Spear of the Covenant or whatever its name is). It still seems like overall that's the better method to use if you want truly "OP" builds, but it's nice to see heavy, slower weapons being boosted up a little bit. I've seen a couple of pretty nice looking combinations using a light blade on a heavy MOT scaling handle, so that's nice. Maybe I'll try a couple out myself whenever I do replay the game again.

I don't know if I like the pillars in Fuoco's boss room being destructible now, because using them to hide behind when it decided to just sit there and shoot at you from across the room non-stop was convenient.

RIP Legion Arm cheese against Nameless Puppet second phase.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Some nice changes in here. Making it so that fatal attacks scale with your stats is probably the best one. I don't know why it wasn't like that to begin with, but being in NG+ and having 40/40 MOT/TECH and having your fatal attacks do fuck all for damage was annoying as hell. They should have just copied Bloodborne further and made TECH increase your fatal damage like Skill increased your visceral attack damage in BB.

Adding more Quartz to the shop is nice, allowing players to get a couple more upgrades pre-NG+ and hopefully making the game flow a little better. Two more Full Moons of the Covenant is HUGE. The fact that you could only get one per play through before was complete ass, especially since there's several really good boss weapons for TECH builds and having to choose only one of them to upgrade fully sucked.

I probably won't play this game again until the DLC or if it goes on sale on Steam for a decent price ($15-$20 would probably get me to bit on the double dip), so I don't know if I'll even notice the enemy placement being any different, but hey, anything that makes the game feel smoother and less of an annoyance is a good thing.

I do like to see they are trying to better balance the weapons. When I first started the game, I thought heavy, high damage per hit weapons would be the best for the higher guard + more HP recovered on the counter attack, but after playing through the game twice, it was very clear that TECH was by far superior and just slapping a high damage blade on a TECH handle was the way to go (or using the Two-Dragons Sword/Spear of the Covenant or whatever its name is). It still seems like overall that's the better method to use if you want truly "OP" builds, but it's nice to see heavy, slower weapons being boosted up a little bit. I've seen a couple of pretty nice looking combinations using a light blade on a heavy MOT scaling handle, so that's nice. Maybe I'll try a couple out myself whenever I do replay the game again.

I don't know if I like the pillars in Fuoco's boss room being destructible now, because using them to hide behind when it decided to just sit there and shoot at you from across the room non-stop was convenient.

RIP Legion Arm cheese against Nameless Puppet second phase.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure the pillars in Fuoco's boss room were already destructible, but could be destroyed by any attack from the boss. So if I'm not mistaken they buffed the pillars if they now only break to fury attacks.

Speaking of weapon combos, I've found the Crystal Carcass Axe Blade on the Coil Mjolnir Handle to be incredibly powerful, albeit slow. Against regular enemies it utterly slaps because the charged R2 will stun an enemy every time so you can just stun lock them until they stagger so long as you have the stamina for it, and it doesn't take long to stagger a boss so long as you pick your moments. I could probably use a better handle but I can't give up the Absolute Defense perk on my handles when it carries me hard against combo attacks I suck at getting the timing on.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm sure the pillars in Fuoco's boss room were already destructible, but could be destroyed by any attack from the boss. So if I'm not mistaken they buffed the pillars if they now only break to fury attacks.

Speaking of weapon combos, I've found the Crystal Carcass Axe Blade on the Coil Mjolnir Handle to be incredibly powerful, albeit slow. Against regular enemies it utterly slaps because the charged R2 will stun an enemy every time so you can just stun lock them until they stagger so long as you have the stamina for it, and it doesn't take long to stagger a boss so long as you pick your moments. I could probably use a better handle but I can't give up the Absolute Defense perk on my handles when it carries me hard against combo attacks I suck at getting the timing on.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit I hate this games trophies so much. I just did the ending where you give your heart and went straight into NG+, and then learned right after that I missed an item that can only be found by doing this ending. Now I have to do two more runs of this game because of that...

Seriously fuck the developers for putting this sort of shit in the game. I know you already got screwed over by it @Dragon Lord but experiencing it myself now I know the true annoyance this causes! Doh Angry

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Holy shit I hate this games trophies so much. I just did the ending where you give your heart and went straight into NG+, and then learned right after that I missed an item that can only be found by doing this ending. Now I have to do two more runs of this game because of that...

Seriously fuck the developers for putting this sort of shit in the game. I know you already got screwed over by it @Dragon Lord but experiencing it myself now I know the true annoyance this causes! Doh Angry
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, they made it really annoying to 100% this game if you're trying to do it completely blind, because I don't think anyone would ever think, "Hmm, I should go back to the hotel and check the Gepetto's desk before going into NG+", especially, as I mentioned previously, there's nothing even remotely hinting at anything new being in the hotel before going to NG+. It just tells you what you carry over into NG+, which is usually what every game does. They really should have added some text that just hints at there being new things to find before making the jump.

It's definitely something I won't forget when I eventually get the game on Steam and 100% it again, but it sure did make for a frustrating first experience. Really wish they would patch the game so that those letters would be available at the hotel during your NG+ run so you could still get the character information from them.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, they made it really annoying to 100% this game if you're trying to do it completely blind, because I don't think anyone would ever think, "Hmm, I should go back to the hotel and check the Gepetto's desk before going into NG+", especially, as I mentioned previously, there's nothing even remotely hinting at anything new being in the hotel before going to NG+. It just tells you what you carry over into NG+, which is usually what every game does. They really should have added some text that just hints at there being new things to find before making the jump.

It's definitely something I won't forget when I eventually get the game on Steam and 100% it again, but it sure did make for a frustrating first experience. Really wish they would patch the game so that those letters would be available at the hotel during your NG+ run so you could still get the character information from them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What really irks me is the first time I beat the game I didn't miss the stuff in the hotel only because I saw you mention it. However, I thought the items in there are always the same which was why I didn't consider going to the hotel again after beating my second run.

I agree that those items should be available to you upon getting to the hotel on NG+. Make it that the characters just say "Oh, I remembered I have something to give you" and they hand you the item you would've got had you gone to the hotel before starting NG+.

I guess I at least can get enough quartz to fully unlock every upgrade which might make for an interesting experience, especially since now I'll have access to the Phase 7 P-Organ upgrades which are ridiculously good.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
What really irks me is the first time I beat the game I didn't miss the stuff in the hotel only because I saw you mention it. However, I thought the items in there are always the same which was why I didn't consider going to the hotel again after beating my second run.

I agree that those items should be available to you upon getting to the hotel on NG+. Make it that the characters just say "Oh, I remembered I have something to give you" and they hand you the item you would've got had you gone to the hotel before starting NG+.

I guess I at least can get enough quartz to fully unlock every upgrade which might make for an interesting experience, especially since now I'll have access to the Phase 7 P-Organ upgrades which are ridiculously good.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I should have warned you there's two different pieces of character lore to collect depending on your ending. Sorry about that.

Definitely something I won't be forgetting when I eventually do my 100% Steam run, haha. Which I have to admit I'm actually pretty excited for because all of the updates they've done (balancing, making mechanics a little better, etc.) make me believe that the game is now closer to what I was expecting and wanted when I originally played it. Seeing the devs care about to make changes to the game to make it feel better, despite the crying of the "much difficulty!" crowd. Even though it wasn't even difficulty before, it was just tediousness, and the devs have just done a really good job at eliminating a good chunk of that and making the game feels so much smoother. The difficulty is still there, bosses are going to push your shit in if you don't know what you're doing regardless. You still have to "git gud" at parrying/perfect blocking/not derping your rolls and such.

I think Lies of P has definitely become my #1 game of the year because of how much the devs have shown they cared about making the experience the best it could be. I can't wait to play it again to confirm whether or not my positive feeling about it now is actually true or if I'm just inhaling the largest dose of copium known to man.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I should have warned you there's two different pieces of character lore to collect depending on your ending. Sorry about that.

Definitely something I won't be forgetting when I eventually do my 100% Steam run, haha. Which I have to admit I'm actually pretty excited for because all of the updates they've done (balancing, making mechanics a little better, etc.) make me believe that the game is now closer to what I was expecting and wanted when I originally played it. Seeing the devs care about to make changes to the game to make it feel better, despite the crying of the "much difficulty!" crowd. Even though it wasn't even difficulty before, it was just tediousness, and the devs have just done a really good job at eliminating a good chunk of that and making the game feels so much smoother. The difficulty is still there, bosses are going to push your shit in if you don't know what you're doing regardless. You still have to "git gud" at parrying/perfect blocking/not derping your rolls and such.

I think Lies of P has definitely become my #1 game of the year because of how much the devs have shown they cared about making the experience the best it could be. I can't wait to play it again to confirm whether or not my positive feeling about it now is actually true or if I'm just inhaling the largest dose of copium known to man.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd comment on how the changes feel but because I was always in the middle of a run whenever changes were being made it's hard to really notice the difference on things because I either hadn't reached something in the game before it got changed, or things that were changed earlier in the game were hard to judge because something feeling easier is also going to be due to simply being better at the game on NG+ than I was on NG.

What I will comment on is the Phase 7 P-Organ upgrades. I got the reduced carry weight perk yesterday and it's crazy how my build which was just bordering outside of Slightly Heavy territory is now classed as Light. I went down almost two weight classes and running around with a heavy weapon but with the mobility of a Light build is really nice and I feel it'd be hard to play the game again without that perk because I think everything would feel really slow once I get used to playing with Light speeds. LOL

The only thing I have noticed is it seems like the amount of damage I take on NG+ runs goes up considerably higher than what my level ups can counteract, at least in the front half of the game. I don't mind the difficulty it adds at all, but I do worry if there's going to be a point where a certain number NG+ run will have the player struggling to keep up with the enemy scaling as higher level ups provide diminishing returns.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'd comment on how the changes feel but because I was always in the middle of a run whenever changes were being made it's hard to really notice the difference on things because I either hadn't reached something in the game before it got changed, or things that were changed earlier in the game were hard to judge because something feeling easier is also going to be due to simply being better at the game on NG+ than I was on NG.

What I will comment on is the Phase 7 P-Organ upgrades. I got the reduced carry weight perk yesterday and it's crazy how my build which was just bordering outside of Slightly Heavy territory is now classed as Light. I went down almost two weight classes and running around with a heavy weapon but with the mobility of a Light build is really nice and I feel it'd be hard to play the game again without that perk because I think everything would feel really slow once I get used to playing with Light speeds. LOL

The only thing I have noticed is it seems like the amount of damage I take on NG+ runs goes up considerably higher than what my level ups can counteract, at least in the front half of the game. I don't mind the difficulty it adds at all, but I do worry if there's going to be a point where a certain number NG+ run will have the player struggling to keep up with the enemy scaling as higher level ups provide diminishing returns.