Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw someone on Twitter wondering if the opposite professor will appear as an antagonist but that would be odd because then each game would have an entirely different canon. I wonder if the Team in each game will be opposite though so the game with the prehistoric looking professor has a futuristic villain Team and vice versa.

It would be a neat twist for the professor to be a villain though. Perhaps they would be trying to use you to stop the past/future under the pretense of you just being a trainer.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I saw someone on Twitter wondering if the opposite professor will appear as an antagonist but that would be odd because then each game would have an entirely different canon. I wonder if the Team in each game will be opposite though so the game with the prehistoric looking professor has a futuristic villain Team and vice versa.

It would be a neat twist for the professor to be a villain though. Perhaps they would be trying to use you to stop the past/future under the pretense of you just being a trainer.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Jun 8th, 2022, 02:46 AM)Moonface Wrote:

To be fair, that's exactly what happened in Ruby/Sapphire, at least in terms of villain Teams: Team Magma were able to get away with their dry out the earth plan in Ruby, and in Sapphire, Team Aqua were able to get away with flood the earth. Two different canons!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

To be fair, that's exactly what happened in Ruby/Sapphire, at least in terms of villain Teams: Team Magma were able to get away with their dry out the earth plan in Ruby, and in Sapphire, Team Aqua were able to get away with flood the earth. Two different canons!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2022, 04:33 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Good point, I completely forgot about that; probably because every game I've played doesn't have two differing stories in each version. If the professors are antagonistic at all though it'll have to be the opposite one to the version you have otherwise who would give you the certificate for completing the Dex, since doesn't the professor always give that to you?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 8th, 2022, 04:33 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Good point, I completely forgot about that; probably because every game I've played doesn't have two differing stories in each version. If the professors are antagonistic at all though it'll have to be the opposite one to the version you have otherwise who would give you the certificate for completing the Dex, since doesn't the professor always give that to you?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Main Theme Showcase
The Pokémon Company have released an orchestral showcase of the main theme for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet - Main Theme Showcase
The Pokémon Company have released an orchestral showcase of the main theme for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet:

Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It feel like if I was sitting at the title screen of the new Pokemon games!

Though I must admit I don't really know what exactly different from the previous games in this version of it? I know that is pretty bad, but it has been a while since I actually sat and listened to the main theme of a Pokemon game. Unsure
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
It feel like if I was sitting at the title screen of the new Pokemon games!

Though I must admit I don't really know what exactly different from the previous games in this version of it? I know that is pretty bad, but it has been a while since I actually sat and listened to the main theme of a Pokemon game. Unsure
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not well versed in how each game makes the theme song sound different, so even to me this just sounded like what I feel every other game sounds like. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm not well versed in how each game makes the theme song sound different, so even to me this just sounded like what I feel every other game sounds like. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, I forgot these were releasing in November. That month is so stupidly packed with games now. Gonna have to take a month off of work just to have time to get through everything.

Still not sure what version I want to get. I know Nintendo is baiting super hard for the double dip with making some differences to each version, but I don't think I'm going to fall into their little trap, so I'll probably just stick to one version and that's it. Normally I go by which Legendary looks better, but this time around they are both super trash, so I can't use that to decide.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Man, I forgot these were releasing in November. That month is so stupidly packed with games now. Gonna have to take a month off of work just to have time to get through everything.

Still not sure what version I want to get. I know Nintendo is baiting super hard for the double dip with making some differences to each version, but I don't think I'm going to fall into their little trap, so I'll probably just stick to one version and that's it. Normally I go by which Legendary looks better, but this time around they are both super trash, so I can't use that to decide.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2022, 07:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Normally I go by which Legendary looks better, but this time around they are both super trash, so I can't use that to decide.
Yeah, that's how I would pick out what version I want, since I'm not attached enough to any particular Pokémon to care what ones show up in each respective version. Tongue
I don't know how I feel about the appearances of the Legendaries yet, but I can't say one appeals to me more than the other at this point. If they have other forms, it might come down to that for me to pick a preference.

Maybe if @ShiraNoMai or someone else gets the opposite version to you then you can get any version exclusive Pokémon by trading with them. I don't know if anyone here has actually picked a version yet or not. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 30th, 2022, 07:43 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Normally I go by which Legendary looks better, but this time around they are both super trash, so I can't use that to decide.
Yeah, that's how I would pick out what version I want, since I'm not attached enough to any particular Pokémon to care what ones show up in each respective version. Tongue
I don't know how I feel about the appearances of the Legendaries yet, but I can't say one appeals to me more than the other at this point. If they have other forms, it might come down to that for me to pick a preference.

Maybe if @ShiraNoMai or someone else gets the opposite version to you then you can get any version exclusive Pokémon by trading with them. I don't know if anyone here has actually picked a version yet or not. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've generally picked based on the title preference. Don't think I've quite cared about legendary preference cuz ultimately, you catch it and it gets put in a box Shrug

Wish they'd go back to how they originally did it, which was the starter final evolution, on the covers. Wish they'd stop tying the dang legendaries to the plots of the games, too, come to think of it. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I've generally picked based on the title preference. Don't think I've quite cared about legendary preference cuz ultimately, you catch it and it gets put in a box Shrug

Wish they'd go back to how they originally did it, which was the starter final evolution, on the covers. Wish they'd stop tying the dang legendaries to the plots of the games, too, come to think of it. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Right now I'm probably leaning more towards Scarlet just because that's the option I'd pick between the two colors. I think the only big thing that could affect my decision is if one version has some Gen I-III 'mons I want that the other doesn't, but that would require them to release a full list of available Pokemon in each version prior to release, which they probably won't do.

So I'll just go with Scarlet and then cry about Eevee being exclusive to Violet.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Right now I'm probably leaning more towards Scarlet just because that's the option I'd pick between the two colors. I think the only big thing that could affect my decision is if one version has some Gen I-III 'mons I want that the other doesn't, but that would require them to release a full list of available Pokemon in each version prior to release, which they probably won't do.

So I'll just go with Scarlet and then cry about Eevee being exclusive to Violet.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 31st, 2022, 03:16 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Couldn't you just transfer that in from one of your other games if that was the case? Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 31st, 2022, 03:16 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Couldn't you just transfer that in from one of your other games if that was the case? Unsure
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Night Lord you should be able to get an eevee pretty easy I'm sure anyone here would be willing to trade it to you. Smile Assuming you got the nintendo switch online if not.....maybe you can get a free trial to get it? Unsure I normally actually pick by color mainly cause like Nikki I don't really care about the legendary on the box?

Honestly you could also probably pick on the theme of past vs future for this one if you want, but I'm picking Scarlet just cause I think Scarlet is a pretty version name.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Night Lord you should be able to get an eevee pretty easy I'm sure anyone here would be willing to trade it to you. Smile Assuming you got the nintendo switch online if not.....maybe you can get a free trial to get it? Unsure I normally actually pick by color mainly cause like Nikki I don't really care about the legendary on the box?

Honestly you could also probably pick on the theme of past vs future for this one if you want, but I'm picking Scarlet just cause I think Scarlet is a pretty version name.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh true, I forgot there was gonna be a past/present ordeal there. I feel like they really hadn't themed the games like that since Ruby/Sapphire (where plot/teams changed dramatically; same end results, however).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh true, I forgot there was gonna be a past/present ordeal there. I feel like they really hadn't themed the games like that since Ruby/Sapphire (where plot/teams changed dramatically; same end results, however).
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I wonder how the story will feel with you being able to actually do the game out of order? I really do hope the gyms and event scale with your level though cause that would make it a very fun Pokemon game!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly I wonder how the story will feel with you being able to actually do the game out of order? I really do hope the gyms and event scale with your level though cause that would make it a very fun Pokemon game!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 1st, 2022, 12:53 AM)Karo Wrote:
Scaling surely has to be in for out-of-order playing to work, since even the routes will have to be suited for it by not packing them out with high level Pokémon to block a player from a particular gym.

We might find out more about this on Wednesday though, because there's going to be a new Pokémon Presents covering these games plus other Pokémon properties:
New Pokémon reveals will be a given, but I just want to learn more about how the actual game works or what the story is, because that's what'll make me decide if I might actually try to make this the first Pokémon game I care about enough to beat fully. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 1st, 2022, 12:53 AM)Karo Wrote:
Scaling surely has to be in for out-of-order playing to work, since even the routes will have to be suited for it by not packing them out with high level Pokémon to block a player from a particular gym.

We might find out more about this on Wednesday though, because there's going to be a new Pokémon Presents covering these games plus other Pokémon properties:
New Pokémon reveals will be a given, but I just want to learn more about how the actual game works or what the story is, because that's what'll make me decide if I might actually try to make this the first Pokémon game I care about enough to beat fully. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,732 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 20,240 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,768 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,240 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Moonface 224 116,517 Jan 28th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL