Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I'm torn on the legendary designs. It's mostly that giant tire stuffed in their chests that puts me on the fence with them, but I won't be shocked to find they transform into bikes or something to give you something to ride on in the overworld as a post-game reward, similar to the Master Cycle in BotW.

One thing I didn't notice on my first watch was that the professors both have completely different attires. Sada is wearing prehistoric looking clothes while Turo is wearing futuristic stuff. I only picked up on it when looking at the legendaries again and noticing one has a more futuristic look to it. Looking at comments online, apparently Sada and Turo are parts of Spanish words that make up past and future, and there's some other word choices that indicate it too but I already forgot what they were. So looks like the theme of this game is past and future, which feels fitting when this game is positioning itself as the future of what Pokémon is, but there's still plenty of love for the old formula. It'd be nice if instead of a new gimmick they bring stuff back like Primal Evolutions, which would also be a good way to let some of the designs from Arceus come over by dubbing them as Primal versions when they're used in the present day.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Yeah, I'm torn on the legendary designs. It's mostly that giant tire stuffed in their chests that puts me on the fence with them, but I won't be shocked to find they transform into bikes or something to give you something to ride on in the overworld as a post-game reward, similar to the Master Cycle in BotW.

One thing I didn't notice on my first watch was that the professors both have completely different attires. Sada is wearing prehistoric looking clothes while Turo is wearing futuristic stuff. I only picked up on it when looking at the legendaries again and noticing one has a more futuristic look to it. Looking at comments online, apparently Sada and Turo are parts of Spanish words that make up past and future, and there's some other word choices that indicate it too but I already forgot what they were. So looks like the theme of this game is past and future, which feels fitting when this game is positioning itself as the future of what Pokémon is, but there's still plenty of love for the old formula. It'd be nice if instead of a new gimmick they bring stuff back like Primal Evolutions, which would also be a good way to let some of the designs from Arceus come over by dubbing them as Primal versions when they're used in the present day.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
4-player Co-Op (please be worldwide and not restricted to country) and Flaafy? Oh no, points leading to me wanting this. Now give me Growlithe which I'd prefer to be available on both versions, Scarlet if not, as I don't want Violet's legendary which is too mechanically futuristic looking.
You've got a good point about them, Moony especially with the Violet's, erm what appears to be exhausts at 2:25, and them both having tyre-like chests being a way of transport for the player. I'm not fond of their designs either, but if so they're going to be quicker than a bike for sure. Would prefer using actual flying Pokémon as a controlled mode of travel, but then that would mean tiny Pokémon learning Fly would look off if used, even if the player is hanging underneath which would still look strange with a very light Pokémon. I was imagining riding on a Pokémon's back. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
4-player Co-Op (please be worldwide and not restricted to country) and Flaafy? Oh no, points leading to me wanting this. Now give me Growlithe which I'd prefer to be available on both versions, Scarlet if not, as I don't want Violet's legendary which is too mechanically futuristic looking.
You've got a good point about them, Moony especially with the Violet's, erm what appears to be exhausts at 2:25, and them both having tyre-like chests being a way of transport for the player. I'm not fond of their designs either, but if so they're going to be quicker than a bike for sure. Would prefer using actual flying Pokémon as a controlled mode of travel, but then that would mean tiny Pokémon learning Fly would look off if used, even if the player is hanging underneath which would still look strange with a very light Pokémon. I was imagining riding on a Pokémon's back. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 2nd, 2022, 12:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'd be shocked if co-op is region restricted, since Pokémon's thing has always been to encourage playing and trading together. I do wonder if there is any limitation on it though such as how far away everyone can be from each other, and I suspect any building interiors will be entirely locked off and could be an additional reason why Pokémon Centers are now open booths across the world.

If the legendaries are used for travel I think maybe they'll be the fastest way to get across the world, whilst other Pokémon will be slower since pre-postgame players will be exploring the world intricately, whereas by the time you grab a legendary you're going to be looking to wrap things up across the world and so would want to get around faster just to reach points of interest you didn't deal with yet.

Also, shoutout to the trailer making the Violet legendary look like a dick and balls when they do the first side-by-side shot of them both atop their rocks. ROFL

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 2nd, 2022, 12:21 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I'd be shocked if co-op is region restricted, since Pokémon's thing has always been to encourage playing and trading together. I do wonder if there is any limitation on it though such as how far away everyone can be from each other, and I suspect any building interiors will be entirely locked off and could be an additional reason why Pokémon Centers are now open booths across the world.

If the legendaries are used for travel I think maybe they'll be the fastest way to get across the world, whilst other Pokémon will be slower since pre-postgame players will be exploring the world intricately, whereas by the time you grab a legendary you're going to be looking to wrap things up across the world and so would want to get around faster just to reach points of interest you didn't deal with yet.

Also, shoutout to the trailer making the Violet legendary look like a dick and balls when they do the first side-by-side shot of them both atop their rocks. ROFL
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I thought the new trailer looked good and I'm glad customization is back, but it doesn't look like Pokemon are going to be attacking us and we are dodging it and I am amazed at how tiny some Pokemon are and I really appreciate that. I'm still kinda getting used to the new style though youngster look even tinier than they were before, but then again I think It'll grow on me!

I think it neat how we are having different professor this time around keep the version exclsuive a bit different and I do like how it seem like we are going to be able to tackle anything in whatever order we want!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,371 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I thought the new trailer looked good and I'm glad customization is back, but it doesn't look like Pokemon are going to be attacking us and we are dodging it and I am amazed at how tiny some Pokemon are and I really appreciate that. I'm still kinda getting used to the new style though youngster look even tinier than they were before, but then again I think It'll grow on me!

I think it neat how we are having different professor this time around keep the version exclsuive a bit different and I do like how it seem like we are going to be able to tackle anything in whatever order we want!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 3rd, 2022, 02:28 AM)Karo Wrote:
...but it doesn't look like Pokemon are going to be attacking us and we are dodging it...
I hope they didn't take this out from Arceus now that you mention it. There's no good reason to change it besides removing the ability for the player to just surprise catch a Pokémon, although I kinda wish you could still do that with weaker Pokémon so you avoid nuking it with your stronger Pokémon.

I wonder if the professors are going to be more prominent in this story due to how they visually tie in to the theme of the legendaries. Normally I'd expect just the Team's to match the appearances of the legendaries similar to ORAS, and it wouldn't make sense for the professors to believe in past/future but only have it reflected in their attire and personality but take it no further through the game. If they're supporting a particular approach I'd expect that to play a role in the larger picture.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
...but it doesn't look like Pokemon are going to be attacking us and we are dodging it...
I hope they didn't take this out from Arceus now that you mention it. There's no good reason to change it besides removing the ability for the player to just surprise catch a Pokémon, although I kinda wish you could still do that with weaker Pokémon so you avoid nuking it with your stronger Pokémon.

I wonder if the professors are going to be more prominent in this story due to how they visually tie in to the theme of the legendaries. Normally I'd expect just the Team's to match the appearances of the legendaries similar to ORAS, and it wouldn't make sense for the professors to believe in past/future but only have it reflected in their attire and personality but take it no further through the game. If they're supporting a particular approach I'd expect that to play a role in the larger picture.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if the team bad guys will also kinda have a future and past aesthetic what if the bad guy is actually the professor? Gasp

I know the POkemon team tend to want every game to feel unique so they add these new features and tend to take them away unless they really popular like player customization.

I really like how it added to the whole the world of Pokemon is dangerous without a pokemon partner to protect you. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I wonder if the team bad guys will also kinda have a future and past aesthetic what if the bad guy is actually the professor? Gasp

I know the POkemon team tend to want every game to feel unique so they add these new features and tend to take them away unless they really popular like player customization.

I really like how it added to the whole the world of Pokemon is dangerous without a pokemon partner to protect you. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2022, 02:40 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'd be surprised to see the Team's not be themed after past and future. I also hope that it is an actual bad team this time and not what we got in Sw/Sh which although was a change from the typical approach to a Team, the lack of a proper antagonistic team that has a nefarious plot wasn't something I was fond of.

Also, IGN put together a list of every confirmed Pokémon so far: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-scarle...and_Violet
I didn't notice that Hisuian variants had appeared in footage and those are from Arceus, so I wonder how they'll explain them being here when I assumed that it was just going to be they died out between the events of Arceus and D/P.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 5th, 2022, 02:40 AM)Karo Wrote:
I'd be surprised to see the Team's not be themed after past and future. I also hope that it is an actual bad team this time and not what we got in Sw/Sh which although was a change from the typical approach to a Team, the lack of a proper antagonistic team that has a nefarious plot wasn't something I was fond of.

Also, IGN put together a list of every confirmed Pokémon so far: https://www.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-scarle...and_Violet
I didn't notice that Hisuian variants had appeared in footage and those are from Arceus, so I wonder how they'll explain them being here when I assumed that it was just going to be they died out between the events of Arceus and D/P.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I actually wonder if they'll ever retreat back to that old-style formula since Arceus. (Teams, linear gyms)

It definitely looks like they've taken largely most of the cues from Arceus and made a fully-fleshed out new region for it. I'm ready for it tbh

Also yeah, I think the Hisuian variants will definitely be explained with the whole past/future thing, considering they're of a past generation.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I actually wonder if they'll ever retreat back to that old-style formula since Arceus. (Teams, linear gyms)

It definitely looks like they've taken largely most of the cues from Arceus and made a fully-fleshed out new region for it. I'm ready for it tbh

Also yeah, I think the Hisuian variants will definitely be explained with the whole past/future thing, considering they're of a past generation.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly at this point Pokemon can come from different universe and different times it really isn't going to be that shocking to have Hissuian pokemon. XD
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Honestly at this point Pokemon can come from different universe and different times it really isn't going to be that shocking to have Hissuian pokemon. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh having Hisuian variants definitely isn't odd, I just wonder if and how GF will explain their presence here when they don't even exist canonically in modern day Sinnoh. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh having Hisuian variants definitely isn't odd, I just wonder if and how GF will explain their presence here when they don't even exist canonically in modern day Sinnoh. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't looked around at all to see if this is an issue, but I wonder how batshit crazy some people have gone over the fact that the female prof is pre-historic themed (often viewed as primitive, unintelligent), while the male prof is futuristic (often viewed as highly intelligent and advanced).

I know the internet far too well to know that some shit hasn't started over this in some corner of the internet. Likely the sewers of Twitter and/or Reddit. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Kotaku or ResetEra come out with an article about it, claiming GF/Nintendo of being sexist for the themes

If it hasn't become a thing yet, I think it's only a matter of time before some outlet decides to take the dive on it and make it an issue.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't looked around at all to see if this is an issue, but I wonder how batshit crazy some people have gone over the fact that the female prof is pre-historic themed (often viewed as primitive, unintelligent), while the male prof is futuristic (often viewed as highly intelligent and advanced).

I know the internet far too well to know that some shit hasn't started over this in some corner of the internet. Likely the sewers of Twitter and/or Reddit. I'm kind of surprised we haven't seen Kotaku or ResetEra come out with an article about it, claiming GF/Nintendo of being sexist for the themes

If it hasn't become a thing yet, I think it's only a matter of time before some outlet decides to take the dive on it and make it an issue.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't seen anyone twisting the professors themes in that way yet myself, and if I do I'll just ignore it just like I do with any other ridiculous takes about anything. Errm

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I haven't seen anyone twisting the professors themes in that way yet myself, and if I do I'll just ignore it just like I do with any other ridiculous takes about anything. Errm
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just know it's the exact type of low hanging fruit that some website like Re(EEEEEE)setEra or Kotaku would use for easy click bait. I'm surprised they haven't jumped on it yet, but maybe once we get closer to the release of the games, when the fruits of their clickbait would be the ripest.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I just know it's the exact type of low hanging fruit that some website like Re(EEEEEE)setEra or Kotaku would use for easy click bait. I'm surprised they haven't jumped on it yet, but maybe once we get closer to the release of the games, when the fruits of their clickbait would be the ripest.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like YouTube would be the first place to see it just because it seems prime hunting grounds to pull people in on something even if it's complete horse shit just to get views. I've seen it multiple times with stuff in movies that can be turned into an overblown negative like an actor choice or something.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I feel like YouTube would be the first place to see it just because it seems prime hunting grounds to pull people in on something even if it's complete horse shit just to get views. I've seen it multiple times with stuff in movies that can be turned into an overblown negative like an actor choice or something.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For me I kinda feel like the idea of the two professor idea was really just future vs past really for ideas of how society should go? It could just be the SMT talking and we aren't going to get to this, but I could see some NPCs be like, "It would be better if society looks toward the x for a brighter tomorrow for both humans and Pokemon" and I think that could be really interesting to see, but of course its a POkemon game I"m not expecting them to go that deep.

I also am going to assume that the professor preference for Pokemon are different like the Scarlyt professor going to love fossil pokemon while the science professor is going to prefer steel types.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
For me I kinda feel like the idea of the two professor idea was really just future vs past really for ideas of how society should go? It could just be the SMT talking and we aren't going to get to this, but I could see some NPCs be like, "It would be better if society looks toward the x for a brighter tomorrow for both humans and Pokemon" and I think that could be really interesting to see, but of course its a POkemon game I"m not expecting them to go that deep.

I also am going to assume that the professor preference for Pokemon are different like the Scarlyt professor going to love fossil pokemon while the science professor is going to prefer steel types.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 100 26,739 Apr 7th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 20,248 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,782 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,240 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Moonface 224 116,559 Jan 28th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL