Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Jul 31st, 2022, 08:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
(Jul 31st, 2022, 03:16 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
So I'll just go with Scarlet and then cry about Eevee being exclusive to Violet.
Couldn't you just transfer that in from one of your other games if that was the case? Unsure

Doesn't that require paying for whatever that service is? Pokemon Bank or whatever? As much as I love Eevee, I wouldn't pay to get that service just to transfer one over.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
So I'll just go with Scarlet and then cry about Eevee being exclusive to Violet.
Couldn't you just transfer that in from one of your other games if that was the case? Unsure

Doesn't that require paying for whatever that service is? Pokemon Bank or whatever? As much as I love Eevee, I wouldn't pay to get that service just to transfer one over.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 08:25 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

I'm actually pretty sure it went free to use because of the 3DS being at it end of it life cycle? Pokemon Home is free for you to get so you should easily be able to do that Night Lord!

Confirmation: https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/...to-players
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

I'm actually pretty sure it went free to use because of the 3DS being at it end of it life cycle? Pokemon Home is free for you to get so you should easily be able to do that Night Lord!

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 05:27 PM)Karo Wrote:

From the look of it, Bank just lets you move Pokemon over to Home at no cost due to the service being discontinued; you can't take Pokemon from Bank into a game anymore I think, and Bank is definitely not going to support SV. So transferring your own Pokemon will involve paying for Home unless you trade it with someone else who is subscribed to Home so they can move it into another game for you and then trade it back to you inside that game.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 05:27 PM)Karo Wrote:

From the look of it, Bank just lets you move Pokemon over to Home at no cost due to the service being discontinued; you can't take Pokemon from Bank into a game anymore I think, and Bank is definitely not going to support SV. So transferring your own Pokemon will involve paying for Home unless you trade it with someone else who is subscribed to Home so they can move it into another game for you and then trade it back to you inside that game.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh so it turns out that to move it from bank it apparently does cost money, but to use home itself its free?

https://home.pokemon.com/en-us/premium/
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Oh so it turns out that to move it from bank it apparently does cost money, but to use home itself its free?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:01 PM)Karo Wrote:

Yeah, it looks like Home is free with basic features, and it won't cost money to transfer Pokémon between games so long as you're doing it between Switch titles, since none of those use Pokémon Bank. If you have any Pokémon on your 3DS games you want to bring into any of the Switch games though, then it requires paying for the premium tier of Home to do that.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 2nd, 2022, 07:01 PM)Karo Wrote:

Yeah, it looks like Home is free with basic features, and it won't cost money to transfer Pokémon between games so long as you're doing it between Switch titles, since none of those use Pokémon Bank. If you have any Pokémon on your 3DS games you want to bring into any of the Switch games though, then it requires paying for the premium tier of Home to do that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents: New Details for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
Today's Pokémon Presents video presentation has revealed new details for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, including regional forms, new Pokémon, and the all-new Terastallize gimmick!

• The region for the game is called Paldea.
  • Both Legendary Pokémon will be available to the player right from the start of the game, and function as an all-purpose mount for riding, climbing, flying, etc. They will transform to accommodate each mode of transport.
  • Three different story arcs to play through: the classic 8 gym style, plus two others. These can be tackled in any order the player chooses.
  • *New Pokémon* Paldean Wooper (Poison/Ground)
  • *New Pokémon* Cetitan (Ice)
  • *New Pokémon* Fidough (Fairy)
  • *Terastallize* Every Pokémon in the game can Terastallize, and when they do they will receive stat boosts as well as the potential to change type depending on their Tera Type. Examples include a Flying-type Pikachu, and Water- and Grass-type Eevee's. Rare Tera Type's can be found through Tera Raid's.
  • A special Flying Tera Type Pikachu will be available for players through Mystery Gift, which must be redeemed before February 28th, 2023.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Pokémon Presents: New Details for Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
Today's Pokémon Presents video presentation has revealed new details for Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet, including regional forms, new Pokémon, and the all-new Terastallize gimmick!

• The region for the game is called Paldea.
  • Both Legendary Pokémon will be available to the player right from the start of the game, and function as an all-purpose mount for riding, climbing, flying, etc. They will transform to accommodate each mode of transport.
  • Three different story arcs to play through: the classic 8 gym style, plus two others. These can be tackled in any order the player chooses.
  • *New Pokémon* Paldean Wooper (Poison/Ground)
  • *New Pokémon* Cetitan (Ice)
  • *New Pokémon* Fidough (Fairy)
  • *Terastallize* Every Pokémon in the game can Terastallize, and when they do they will receive stat boosts as well as the potential to change type depending on their Tera Type. Examples include a Flying-type Pikachu, and Water- and Grass-type Eevee's. Rare Tera Type's can be found through Tera Raid's.
  • A special Flying Tera Type Pikachu will be available for players through Mystery Gift, which must be redeemed before February 28th, 2023.
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
To be honest the new gimmick for this game I think is kinda pretty, but I am kinda sad to know that once we leave Spain we will never see it ever again. I think this will probably be one of the best mainline titles and looking at the field animations is pretty fun! I don't think all of them will have them, but you can see a Houndoour taking a nap and just relaxing it really brings some life to the field. Two tone color hair is a first for the series and the trainer designs seem pretty nice!

I do like how we have three different story arcs to go through and I hope it captures everyone heart like Legend of Arceus definitely seemed too!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
To be honest the new gimmick for this game I think is kinda pretty, but I am kinda sad to know that once we leave Spain we will never see it ever again. I think this will probably be one of the best mainline titles and looking at the field animations is pretty fun! I don't think all of them will have them, but you can see a Houndoour taking a nap and just relaxing it really brings some life to the field. Two tone color hair is a first for the series and the trainer designs seem pretty nice!

I do like how we have three different story arcs to go through and I hope it captures everyone heart like Legend of Arceus definitely seemed too!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The gimmick didn't surprise me with type changing since that had been figured out back when the games first got revealed. I do appreciate how every Pokémon can use it and that what Tera Type you get on each Pokémon is going to be different.

Legendaries right at the start was the biggest shocker to me. Hopefully this means they aren't going to be any part of the villainous plot which will be a first in a long time.

I am concerned there is not going to be level scaling on the gyms though, based on this statement on the official website in the wake of today's news:

The Official Pokémon Website Wrote:
There is no set path to the Gyms. You can purposefully seek out a stronger Gym Leader, or you can simply stop by a Gym that happens to be located in a town you came across on your journey. This time, you get to plot your very own path along Victory Road.
The wording gives the impression that gyms are set levels and the "no set path" thing just means you aren't going to be guided to them in a particular order due to the lack of enclosed routes like in other games.

There might also not be an Elite 4 in the game, going by this statement:

If you beat all eight Gyms spread across the region and collect their Gym Badges, you will be able to take on a special test called the Champion Assessment. If you successfully pass the assessment, your strength will be acknowledged and you will be given the Champion Rank, making you an object of admiration for other Trainers.

Also didn't realize the Ice gym leader is a guy. I assumed they were female based on their appearance but the official website says they're male. Sweat

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
The gimmick didn't surprise me with type changing since that had been figured out back when the games first got revealed. I do appreciate how every Pokémon can use it and that what Tera Type you get on each Pokémon is going to be different.

Legendaries right at the start was the biggest shocker to me. Hopefully this means they aren't going to be any part of the villainous plot which will be a first in a long time.

I am concerned there is not going to be level scaling on the gyms though, based on this statement on the official website in the wake of today's news:

There is no set path to the Gyms. You can purposefully seek out a stronger Gym Leader, or you can simply stop by a Gym that happens to be located in a town you came across on your journey. This time, you get to plot your very own path along Victory Road.
The wording gives the impression that gyms are set levels and the "no set path" thing just means you aren't going to be guided to them in a particular order due to the lack of enclosed routes like in other games.

There might also not be an Elite 4 in the game, going by this statement:

If you beat all eight Gyms spread across the region and collect their Gym Badges, you will be able to take on a special test called the Champion Assessment. If you successfully pass the assessment, your strength will be acknowledged and you will be given the Champion Rank, making you an object of admiration for other Trainers.

Also didn't realize the Ice gym leader is a guy. I assumed they were female based on their appearance but the official website says they're male. Sweat
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I spot an Arcanine, I am officially sold. *shot*

I am not actually, I'd rather have my character ride on the back of my Arcanine than the legendary. *shot but missed*

In seriousness, if I do buy this hope it finally brings me back to playing on my Switch. Still set on Scarlet, if Growlithe is Violet exclusive I'll be pissed but then I shall hound one of you trade, plz, pwty plz.

No Elite 4? Perhaps instead of being before the champion they'll be a challenge outside of that section of the game. Or an alternative to them, like maybe in the academy?

Also hm, the Ice gym leader is male? Boo, but fine. That had me too. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I spot an Arcanine, I am officially sold. *shot*

I am not actually, I'd rather have my character ride on the back of my Arcanine than the legendary. *shot but missed*

In seriousness, if I do buy this hope it finally brings me back to playing on my Switch. Still set on Scarlet, if Growlithe is Violet exclusive I'll be pissed but then I shall hound one of you trade, plz, pwty plz.

No Elite 4? Perhaps instead of being before the champion they'll be a challenge outside of that section of the game. Or an alternative to them, like maybe in the academy?

Also hm, the Ice gym leader is male? Boo, but fine. That had me too. XD
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I only have on thing to say about the latest trailer....

POKEMON BATTLES ON MOTORCYCLES!!!!!

+10 points to anyone who read it in the voice.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I only have on thing to say about the latest trailer....

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 4th, 2022, 05:33 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yay, 10 points to me then. =3

I've been thinking about what the other two story arcs might involve, and I wonder if one of the two will be the villainous plot of the game? If the gyms can be taken on in any order, then trying to tell a story about the villains (or anyone/anything else) through those is going to be virtually impossible to do, whereas the other two story arcs can be more linear. I expect the school setting will take a story arc too, where you get given various quests and tasks to do similar to Arceus.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 4th, 2022, 05:33 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Yay, 10 points to me then. =3

I've been thinking about what the other two story arcs might involve, and I wonder if one of the two will be the villainous plot of the game? If the gyms can be taken on in any order, then trying to tell a story about the villains (or anyone/anything else) through those is going to be virtually impossible to do, whereas the other two story arcs can be more linear. I expect the school setting will take a story arc too, where you get given various quests and tasks to do similar to Arceus.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Competitive Play Trailer | Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
The battle is about to change with these new additions to battling in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet!

• *New Pokémon* Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
  • *New Move* Shed Tail - Create a substitute, then swap places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
  • *New Item* Mirror Herb - Copies an opponent's stat increases when consumed.
  • *New Item* Loaded Dice - Makes multistrike moves more likely to hit more times.
  • *New Move* Tera Blast - Changes type when the user has Terastallized.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Competitive Play Trailer | Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet
The battle is about to change with these new additions to battling in Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet!

• *New Pokémon* Cyclizar (Dragon/Normal)
  • *New Move* Shed Tail - Create a substitute, then swap places with a party Pokémon in waiting.
  • *New Item* Mirror Herb - Copies an opponent's stat increases when consumed.
  • *New Item* Loaded Dice - Makes multistrike moves more likely to hit more times.
  • *New Move* Tera Blast - Changes type when the user has Terastallized.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My favorite part of the trailer was noticing that Tyranitar's Terastallized-form has the Ghost from Pokemon Tower (Red/Blue/Yellow) sprite design on his head! ^_^
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
My favorite part of the trailer was noticing that Tyranitar's Terastallized-form has the Ghost from Pokemon Tower (Red/Blue/Yellow) sprite design on his head! ^_^
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

These images were first shown yesterday, and today the Pokémon Twitter account revealed the markings in the images were made by a new Pokémon called Grafaiai.

I saw a lot of comments on the original tweet that brought up similarities to a real location called the Oma Forest, which is a location in Spain and would line up with the setting of these games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

These images were first shown yesterday, and today the Pokémon Twitter account revealed the markings in the images were made by a new Pokémon called Grafaiai.

I saw a lot of comments on the original tweet that brought up similarities to a real location called the Oma Forest, which is a location in Spain and would line up with the setting of these games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Judging by the name, it's going to be Girafarig's evolution, and will have rainbow motifs or whatever. If not, then another four-legged Pokémon or a serpent and if it's hard to catch then will be speedy.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Judging by the name, it's going to be Girafarig's evolution, and will have rainbow motifs or whatever. If not, then another four-legged Pokémon or a serpent and if it's hard to catch then will be speedy.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 26,001 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Pokémon Legends: Arceus Moonface 83 19,709 May 29th, 2022, 03:50 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl Moonface 74 18,249 Mar 19th, 2022, 05:10 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Pokémon Unite Karo 9 3,138 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield Moonface 224 114,953 Jan 28th, 2021, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL