Rate The Above Game Box Art
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 28th, 2022, 11:22 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...7.5/10

Would be lower if I didn't like cats, was about to be a 7 but wanted the number to be higher but couldn't give an 8. The background gives the stray feeling too of being down in the nitty gritty areas of a city where neon lights try to catch your attention. While I do like the focus on the cat I can't shake the feeling there needs to be something more, just don't know what but the cover doesn't need to be a 10.
Yeah, maybe it would be better if the robot companion you gain early on in the game was on the cover too. Hmm

7/10
I like the cover, but that text below Mario is awful. It just looks like such an afterthought and the focal point is higher up on the cover so it just doesn't flow with the design at all. It would be better to take it off and make that the tagline on the back cover at the top for when people turn the case around to read the game details on the back. Also, why are Peach and Daisy the only ones seemingly burdened with a heavy motion blur filter? XD

[Image: FQ1SgfLXwAchCO4.jpg]
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jul 28th, 2022, 11:22 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
...7.5/10

Would be lower if I didn't like cats, was about to be a 7 but wanted the number to be higher but couldn't give an 8. The background gives the stray feeling too of being down in the nitty gritty areas of a city where neon lights try to catch your attention. While I do like the focus on the cat I can't shake the feeling there needs to be something more, just don't know what but the cover doesn't need to be a 10.
Yeah, maybe it would be better if the robot companion you gain early on in the game was on the cover too. Hmm

7/10
I like the cover, but that text below Mario is awful. It just looks like such an afterthought and the focal point is higher up on the cover so it just doesn't flow with the design at all. It would be better to take it off and make that the tagline on the back cover at the top for when people turn the case around to read the game details on the back. Also, why are Peach and Daisy the only ones seemingly burdened with a heavy motion blur filter? XD

[Image: FQ1SgfLXwAchCO4.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take the Main Title of One Game and the Subtitle of an Unrelated Game Moonface 8 909 Dec 8th, 2023, 12:34 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Rate The Above Game Character Appearance Moonface 5 1,360 May 3rd, 2023, 10:57 PM
  Rate The Digimon Above Moonface 12 2,011 Nov 15th, 2022, 06:17 PM
  Rate The Pokémon Above Moonface 43 17,757 Jul 8th, 2021, 12:57 AM