RESULTS | Summer Meltdown 2023
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]

It's that time of year again where the sun is shining, the ice caps are dying, and all of you can be vying for prizes in this years Summer Meltdown event! Wow

Over the next two weeks, we'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in for the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in these will earn you points which you can redeem for items from our prize pool, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • $10 PSN / XBL / Nintendo / Steam Gift Card or PayPal cash equivalent
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1 Shiny Summer Meltdown themed Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 4 weeks
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • Coloured Username for 2 weeks
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 point
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 points
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 points
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 points
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 points
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 points
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 point
XP Bonuses
At the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of points they earn from this event, which will be done with a calculation of "Points x 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 points would be worth 360XP.

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2023, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

Rules and Regulations
As usual, we have a couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
  • You must have at least 25 posts to redeem the cash prize. Keep in mind that posts in our Fun & Games area do not increase your post count and thus are not included in meeting this requirement.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
[Image: sm20banner.png]

It's that time of year again where the sun is shining, the ice caps are dying, and all of you can be vying for prizes in this years Summer Meltdown event! Wow

Over the next two weeks, we'll be hosting a variety of contests and activities for everyone to participate in for the event, focusing on summer and video games! Taking part in these will earn you points which you can redeem for items from our prize pool, with the top three participants getting extra bonuses, and whoever does the best this year will also receive a $10 cash prize!

You're also welcome to make and/or suggest your own summer themed contests and/or activities, which will also be eligible for earning points.

1st Place
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1 Free Standard Universal Gaming Card based on a game not currently represented in the catalogue (it's Shiny equivalent will be created also, but not awarded)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards
  • 1000 XP
3rd Place
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card
  • 1 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card
  • Coloured Username for 1 week
  • 500 XP
Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 point
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 points
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 points
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 points
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 points
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 points
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 point
XP Bonuses
At the end of the event, I will reward XP to everyone for the amount of points they earn from this event, which will be done with a calculation of "Points x 20 = XP Amount", so for example, 18 points would be worth 360XP.

XP earn rates are also doubled for the duration of Summer Meltdown 2023, which means posting during the event will get you more XP than usual!

Rules and Regulations
As usual, we have a couple of rules and regulations in place for this event:
  • Any evident signs of cheating or manipulation by any user during this event may result in immediate disqualification and forfeit of any prize you may have been eligible for.
  • Staff may compete and earn points, but are not eligible for cash prizes. In the event a staff member attains first place, the cash prize shall be delegated down to the first non-staff member in the second or third place position.
  • You must have at least 25 posts to redeem the cash prize. Keep in mind that posts in our Fun & Games area do not increase your post count and thus are not included in meeting this requirement.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2023 Results
The sun has once again begun to set on Summer Meltdown, but before it fully descends and brings the dark nights of Halloween Birthday Bash and Winter on us let's see the results before it gets too dark to read:

1st Place - @Maniakkid25
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Borderlands, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot)
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Fire Emblem, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Mr EliteL
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart)
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Megami Tensei, Ratchet & Clank)
  • 1000 XP
3rd 2nd Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Mega Man, Splatoon)
  • 1 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Pac-Man, Tekken)
  • Coloured Username for 1 2 weeks
  • 500 1000 XP
For what I think might be the first time ever, we actually have a tie in the results! Therefore, we have two participants in 2nd Place who will both have to prove their undying love to me to determine who takes the prizes get the contents of the 2nd Place prize pool. It was overall pretty close between the top three this year, as you can see from the final standings table:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@Maniakkid25 12
@Mr EliteL 10
@ShiraNoMai 10
@Moonface 3

For everyone who participated, you can redeem any of the items in the prize pool below using the points you have acquired.

Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 Voucher
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 Vouchers
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 Voucher

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@Maniakkid25 240
@Mr EliteL 200
@ShiraNoMai 200
@Moonface 60

I will try to add things as soon as I see them so they don't pile up or get forgotten about for weeks on end, and I will also be finally dealing with any of the custom cards that were won in previous contest events that I have yet to do because I'm awful at keeping track of the passage of time.

This coming Sunday will see our Haunted UniV3rse theme re-enabled for all users, so if you haven't used XP to buy year long access to the theme you'll finally get to use it again. We're also less than a month out from out 17th Anniversary and our accompanying Halloween Birthday Bash event. ^_^

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Summer Meltdown 2023 Results
The sun has once again begun to set on Summer Meltdown, but before it fully descends and brings the dark nights of Halloween Birthday Bash and Winter on us let's see the results before it gets too dark to read:

1st Place - @Maniakkid25
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Borderlands, Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot)
  • 3 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Fire Emblem, Silent Hill, Tomb Raider)
  • 1500 XP
2nd Place - @Mr EliteL
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Animal Crossing, Mario Kart)
  • 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Megami Tensei, Ratchet & Clank)
  • 1000 XP
3rd 2nd Place - @ShiraNoMai
  • 1 2 Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Cards (Mega Man, Splatoon)
  • 1 2 Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Cards (Pac-Man, Tekken)
  • Coloured Username for 1 2 weeks
  • 500 1000 XP
For what I think might be the first time ever, we actually have a tie in the results! Therefore, we have two participants in 2nd Place who will both have to prove their undying love to me to determine who takes the prizes get the contents of the 2nd Place prize pool. It was overall pretty close between the top three this year, as you can see from the final standings table:

MemberMeltdown Tokens
@Maniakkid25 12
@Mr EliteL 10
@ShiraNoMai 10
@Moonface 3

For everyone who participated, you can redeem any of the items in the prize pool below using the points you have acquired.

Prize Pool
  • 1 Random Standard Universal Gaming Card - 1 Voucher
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Standard Universal Gaming Card - 2 Vouchers
  • 1 Standard Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 3 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 4 Vouchers
  • 1 Random Non-Duplicate Shiny Universal Gaming Card - 6 Vouchers
  • 1 Shiny Universal Gaming Card of your choice from our Cards page - 8 Vouchers
  • Coloured Username for Two Weeks - 1 Voucher

Also, everybody will receive XP to the equivalent of their earned Tokens multiplied by 20. So everybody will receive the following XP rewards:

MemberXP Reward
@Maniakkid25 240
@Mr EliteL 200
@ShiraNoMai 200
@Moonface 60

I will try to add things as soon as I see them so they don't pile up or get forgotten about for weeks on end, and I will also be finally dealing with any of the custom cards that were won in previous contest events that I have yet to do because I'm awful at keeping track of the passage of time.

This coming Sunday will see our Haunted UniV3rse theme re-enabled for all users, so if you haven't used XP to buy year long access to the theme you'll finally get to use it again. We're also less than a month out from out 17th Anniversary and our accompanying Halloween Birthday Bash event. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm gonna nominate Starfox for the card set that should be generated, and I will take my 10 bucks as a PSN gift card, please.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I'm gonna nominate Starfox for the card set that should be generated, and I will take my 10 bucks as a PSN gift card, please.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2023, 08:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Okay! I'll probably get around to both of these in a couple of days when I'm done with my midterm project that's currently taking a lot of my time. Wink

Also, you have 12 points that you can use to redeem anything you want in the Prize Pool too so long as the total cost of everything you pick doesn't exceed that point number. ^_^

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 7th, 2023, 08:01 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Okay! I'll probably get around to both of these in a couple of days when I'm done with my midterm project that's currently taking a lot of my time. Wink

Also, you have 12 points that you can use to redeem anything you want in the Prize Pool too so long as the total cost of everything you pick doesn't exceed that point number. ^_^
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
1 random shiny non-dupe card, 3 random standard cards, and colored username for 6 weeks. For all weeks available, I would like the color #FF9000. Hopefully giving the raw hex number makes that easy for you.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
1 random shiny non-dupe card, 3 random standard cards, and colored username for 6 weeks. For all weeks available, I would like the color #FF9000. Hopefully giving the raw hex number makes that easy for you.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh Star Fox, nice choice.

Ah, with my 10 vouchers I'll take firstly two 1 point Random Standard UG Card and then an 8-point Shiny UG Card to be Rayman. I was originally going to try and get a Mario Kart Shiny but noticed I won a Shiny of that card. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ooh Star Fox, nice choice.

Ah, with my 10 vouchers I'll take firstly two 1 point Random Standard UG Card and then an 8-point Shiny UG Card to be Rayman. I was originally going to try and get a Mario Kart Shiny but noticed I won a Shiny of that card. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Now that I finally have a moment to breathe in my life to actually tackle all of this:

(Oct 8th, 2023, 07:23 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
You have received the following cards:
  • Tekken (Shiny)
  • Chrono
  • Final Fantasy
  • Resident Evil
Your username colour has been applied and will expire on December 8. I also greatly appreciate you giving me the HEX code as it does indeed make it more efficient for me. ^_^

I have also created your Star Fox card as you requested, and have given you the standard version of it as it was specified would be in the 1st Place prize winnings. For you and anyone else curious how the cards look, here they are:

[Image: starfox.jpg] [Image: starfox2.jpg]

(Oct 8th, 2023, 12:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
  • Space Invaders
  • Star Fox
  • Rayman (Shiny)
Well, that was convenient. It appears my randomizer decided to pick the newly added Star Fox card as one of your random standard cards. LOL

As a reminder to both of you and anyone else who reads this, you can select which three cards display on your profile by going to your User CP >> Manage Awards. The order they display in will be determined by the number put into the text box next to them, should you wish to put them in a certain order.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Now that I finally have a moment to breathe in my life to actually tackle all of this:

(Oct 8th, 2023, 07:23 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
  • Tekken (Shiny)
  • Chrono
  • Final Fantasy
  • Resident Evil
Your username colour has been applied and will expire on December 8. I also greatly appreciate you giving me the HEX code as it does indeed make it more efficient for me. ^_^

I have also created your Star Fox card as you requested, and have given you the standard version of it as it was specified would be in the 1st Place prize winnings. For you and anyone else curious how the cards look, here they are:

[Image: starfox.jpg] [Image: starfox2.jpg]

(Oct 8th, 2023, 12:46 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
  • Space Invaders
  • Star Fox
  • Rayman (Shiny)
Well, that was convenient. It appears my randomizer decided to pick the newly added Star Fox card as one of your random standard cards. LOL

As a reminder to both of you and anyone else who reads this, you can select which three cards display on your profile by going to your User CP >> Manage Awards. The order they display in will be determined by the number put into the text box next to them, should you wish to put them in a certain order.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take a Star Fox, Phogs and Yoshi standard card, plus a random standard, with my vouchers!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'll take a Star Fox, Phogs and Yoshi standard card, plus a random standard, with my vouchers!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  RESULTS | Halloween Birthday Bash 2023 Moonface 5 437 Jan 6th, 2024, 06:10 AM
Last Post: Maniakkid25