The Patch | New UG Cards
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to what I have decided to call The Patch, a thread for all the small updates and announcements related to the board that don't necessitate their own threads. ^_^

To kick things off, we now have a selection of new emoticons:

Yikes Monkas Ayaya Nooo Suffer Shrug

These were all designed by @ShiraNoMai in retaliation for me completely forgetting she had requested these in the Marketplace thread over 6 months ago, so she decided to do it herself. Whistle

These 6 new emotes don't show up in the Smilies box due to the limit the box can display, but you can find them with the Get More link underneath that box or via the emoticon face in the text editor in the full reply screen.

Wish we had an emote that isn't already in existence? Throw your request for it in the Marketplace thread and I'll try to make sure it gets fulfilled quicker than these ones were. Sigh Wink
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,164 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Welcome to what I have decided to call The Patch, a thread for all the small updates and announcements related to the board that don't necessitate their own threads. ^_^

To kick things off, we now have a selection of new emoticons:

Yikes Monkas Ayaya Nooo Suffer Shrug

These were all designed by @ShiraNoMai in retaliation for me completely forgetting she had requested these in the Marketplace thread over 6 months ago, so she decided to do it herself. Whistle

These 6 new emotes don't show up in the Smilies box due to the limit the box can display, but you can find them with the Get More link underneath that box or via the emoticon face in the text editor in the full reply screen.

Wish we had an emote that isn't already in existence? Throw your request for it in the Marketplace thread and I'll try to make sure it gets fulfilled quicker than these ones were. Sigh Wink
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Ayaya Thank you Nikki for blessing us with these emojis!! If you ever decide to run for UG president let me know you have my vote! ROFL
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
Ayaya Thank you Nikki for blessing us with these emojis!! If you ever decide to run for UG president let me know you have my vote! ROFL
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aww the Ayaya one is my favourite out of the new bunch. =3 Ayaya The shrug one I mistake as a head resting on hands type of emote, but can still see the shrug part of it too. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Aww the Ayaya one is my favourite out of the new bunch. =3 Ayaya The shrug one I mistake as a head resting on hands type of emote, but can still see the shrug part of it too. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That Ayaya one took me the longest to get right, aside from the Nooo one (it's an emote that's normally quite wide because of the hands, so trying to squish the hands in was a struggle).

Still, glad you all like! I might fix up the shrug one if I think of better hand implementation. I took the hands from Moony's  Shock to make that.

I also love that Moony kept all my name conventions, even the monkaS one ROFL
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
That Ayaya one took me the longest to get right, aside from the Nooo one (it's an emote that's normally quite wide because of the hands, so trying to squish the hands in was a struggle).

Still, glad you all like! I might fix up the shrug one if I think of better hand implementation. I took the hands from Moony's  Shock to make that.

I also love that Moony kept all my name conventions, even the monkaS one ROFL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2022, 08:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The shrug one I mistake as a head resting on hands type of emote, but can still see the shrug part of it too. XD
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it this way. It looks like a wistful daydream emote more than a shrug to me. Probably would look more shruggy if it had this face: Errm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 21st, 2022, 08:07 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
The shrug one I mistake as a head resting on hands type of emote, but can still see the shrug part of it too. XD
Glad I'm not the only one who saw it this way. It looks like a wistful daydream emote more than a shrug to me. Probably would look more shruggy if it had this face: Errm
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Good job, Shira!

And better late than never LOL .
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Good job, Shira!

And better late than never LOL .
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(May 21st, 2022, 09:12 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I might fix up the shrug one if I think of better hand implementation. I took the hands from Moony's  Shock to make that.

(May 21st, 2022, 09:13 PM)Moonface Wrote:
It looks like a wistful daydream emote more than a shrug to me. Probably would look more shruggy if it had this face: Errm

Perhaps keep the current shrug one as a copy then and turn it into that very kind of emote, but still have the new shrug emote after changing?
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I might fix up the shrug one if I think of better hand implementation. I took the hands from Moony's  Shock to make that.

It looks like a wistful daydream emote more than a shrug to me. Probably would look more shruggy if it had this face: Errm

Perhaps keep the current shrug one as a copy then and turn it into that very kind of emote, but still have the new shrug emote after changing?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2022, 10:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I'd agree with this. It will likely help that Shira wasn't aware at the time that there isn't a strict limit on horizontal width of emotes when it comes to hands, so she was trying to make the hands fit into a space smaller than what she actually could've used. I know she wants to redo the Nooo emote after learning that.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 24th, 2022, 10:42 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I'd agree with this. It will likely help that Shira wasn't aware at the time that there isn't a strict limit on horizontal width of emotes when it comes to hands, so she was trying to make the hands fit into a space smaller than what she actually could've used. I know she wants to redo the Nooo emote after learning that.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Board Software Updated
I have updated the board software to the latest version. This update was only minor changes for security purposes, and so nothing should have noticeably changed. As always, if something is suddenly broken, let me know so I can send an airlock raccoon to go and smack it with a hammer.

Thread Subscription Text Changes
Underneath the reply box there is a section called "Thread Subscription". I have adjusted the text of the second option as thus:
Before: "Subscribe and do not receive any notification of new replies"
After: "Subscribe and receive an alert notification of new replies"

I made this change after noticing that despite the text stating you would not receive a notification, our alert system will notify you of a new reply when choosing this option. This can be useful if you want to make sure you don't miss replies to a certain thread without receiving a PM or an email, and is something I am personally taking advantage of with my AMA thread so I always know when someone has asked me a new question in there.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Board Software Updated
I have updated the board software to the latest version. This update was only minor changes for security purposes, and so nothing should have noticeably changed. As always, if something is suddenly broken, let me know so I can send an airlock raccoon to go and smack it with a hammer.

Thread Subscription Text Changes
Underneath the reply box there is a section called "Thread Subscription". I have adjusted the text of the second option as thus:
Before: "Subscribe and do not receive any notification of new replies"
After: "Subscribe and receive an alert notification of new replies"

I made this change after noticing that despite the text stating you would not receive a notification, our alert system will notify you of a new reply when choosing this option. This can be useful if you want to make sure you don't miss replies to a certain thread without receiving a PM or an email, and is something I am personally taking advantage of with my AMA thread so I always know when someone has asked me a new question in there.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't get the point of what it was before: why would you subscribe and not receive notifications for it? Why subscribe at all at that point? LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I don't get the point of what it was before: why would you subscribe and not receive notifications for it? Why subscribe at all at that point? LOL
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 26th, 2022, 03:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I suppose it's meant to be some sort of bookmark feature? Whatever the purpose, it's pretty bad because the only way to view subscriptions without a notice is to go to User CP >> Thread Subscriptions to see your subscribed threads, but that just feels so cumbersome to check on subscribed threads that way.
That was also why I changed the text, because the option appears useless but for us it isn't due to the alert system using that option. If alerts didn't get affected by it, I'd have probably just removed the option entirely out of the board coding instead.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 26th, 2022, 03:43 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I suppose it's meant to be some sort of bookmark feature? Whatever the purpose, it's pretty bad because the only way to view subscriptions without a notice is to go to User CP >> Thread Subscriptions to see your subscribed threads, but that just feels so cumbersome to check on subscribed threads that way.
That was also why I changed the text, because the option appears useless but for us it isn't due to the alert system using that option. If alerts didn't get affected by it, I'd have probably just removed the option entirely out of the board coding instead.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Downtime Issues
Yesterday our host experienced an issue with their servers which resulted in downtime for 8+ hours, and is why the forum failed to load for anyone who attempted to visit during that time.
Whatever the issue was has been resolved and hopefully will not occur again. Smile

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Downtime Issues
Yesterday our host experienced an issue with their servers which resulted in downtime for 8+ hours, and is why the forum failed to load for anyone who attempted to visit during that time.
Whatever the issue was has been resolved and hopefully will not occur again. Smile
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Awesome emoticons! Grin
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
Awesome emoticons! Grin
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just a few small things I want to share in here:

1. I believe any XP that was owed for finished contests and other things has all been awarded now. XP rewards for Summer Meltdown have not been done yet, and I am also aware I need to still award XP to Frank for their recent submissions to the Reviews area. If anyone knows of any other instance where XP needed to be given to them and I overlooked it, please let me know.
  2. I have increased the capacity of everyone's PM inbox. All users can now have up to 250 messages in their inbox.
  3. Halloween Birthday Bash will be starting later today, and with it will come access to the Haunted UniV3rse theme for all users.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just a few small things I want to share in here:

1. I believe any XP that was owed for finished contests and other things has all been awarded now. XP rewards for Summer Meltdown have not been done yet, and I am also aware I need to still award XP to Frank for their recent submissions to the Reviews area. If anyone knows of any other instance where XP needed to be given to them and I overlooked it, please let me know.
  2. I have increased the capacity of everyone's PM inbox. All users can now have up to 250 messages in their inbox.
  3. Halloween Birthday Bash will be starting later today, and with it will come access to the Haunted UniV3rse theme for all users.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
250 messages is chump change Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
250 messages is chump change Whistle