Resident Evil 4 (Remake)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think Ada should be held accountable against how her character operates in RE6, because the remakes are probably their own plotline and in that case RE6 hasn't happened yet. Luis for example dies differently in RE4 and RE4R, which is what I'd give as evidence that the remakes are their own timeline.

However, I don't disagree on her character being iffy in Separate Ways compared to what is established for her prior to it. I've not seen a lot of that DLC, but I have seen she doesn't come off as cold and uninterested in anything that isn't a benefit and I wasn't keen on it. Weirdly, I find Chris's portrayal in RE8 to be more like an Ada type of personality; he doesn't seem to really give a darn about Ethan as much as he does about his mission. I could be misremembering his character in that game though.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I don't think Ada should be held accountable against how her character operates in RE6, because the remakes are probably their own plotline and in that case RE6 hasn't happened yet. Luis for example dies differently in RE4 and RE4R, which is what I'd give as evidence that the remakes are their own timeline.

However, I don't disagree on her character being iffy in Separate Ways compared to what is established for her prior to it. I've not seen a lot of that DLC, but I have seen she doesn't come off as cold and uninterested in anything that isn't a benefit and I wasn't keen on it. Weirdly, I find Chris's portrayal in RE8 to be more like an Ada type of personality; he doesn't seem to really give a darn about Ethan as much as he does about his mission. I could be misremembering his character in that game though.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
See, I always saw the remakes as refinements rather than divergences. A LOT of Leon's story reads like the writer(s) going back and saying "that was crap; let's try again." I saw the differences in plotting as a way of restitching the story so that things make a bit more dramatic sense (e.g. Saddler's removal for the majority of the story, or the Villa setpiece). Then again, the aforementioned ending might be a signal that Capcom wants to go a different way with these remakes. If they ever remake RE5, we'll see how it plays out.

...They still did Ada absolutely dirty.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
See, I always saw the remakes as refinements rather than divergences. A LOT of Leon's story reads like the writer(s) going back and saying "that was crap; let's try again." I saw the differences in plotting as a way of restitching the story so that things make a bit more dramatic sense (e.g. Saddler's removal for the majority of the story, or the Villa setpiece). Then again, the aforementioned ending might be a signal that Capcom wants to go a different way with these remakes. If they ever remake RE5, we'll see how it plays out.

...They still did Ada absolutely dirty.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, whether RE6 is canon to this remake or not doesn't excuse Ada's character. Just to be sure, I'm guessing that it isn't how lines are delivered but that her dialogue just doesn't fit what her character should be no matter what tone it's said in. I'm asking mostly because I don't find the VA for Ada in the remake to be particularly good when it comes to a lot of line deliveries.

I think if Capcom ever decide to remake RE5 it'll be a drastic departure for the most part. Otherwise I can see it just leading the series back down the path that caused it to need a reboot with RE7 to go back to its roots.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Oh yeah, whether RE6 is canon to this remake or not doesn't excuse Ada's character. Just to be sure, I'm guessing that it isn't how lines are delivered but that her dialogue just doesn't fit what her character should be no matter what tone it's said in. I'm asking mostly because I don't find the VA for Ada in the remake to be particularly good when it comes to a lot of line deliveries.

I think if Capcom ever decide to remake RE5 it'll be a drastic departure for the most part. Otherwise I can see it just leading the series back down the path that caused it to need a reboot with RE7 to go back to its roots.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh yeah, her writing straight up sucks in this version. Bad VA or no, she's just straight badly written. It's actually impressive how terrible it is! Like, if she were even a bit more in-line with how she's been portrayed, Luis would have had his head blown off by chapter 4 (Send me on a goddamn fetch quest, why don't you?)!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Oh yeah, her writing straight up sucks in this version. Bad VA or no, she's just straight badly written. It's actually impressive how terrible it is! Like, if she were even a bit more in-line with how she's been portrayed, Luis would have had his head blown off by chapter 4 (Send me on a goddamn fetch quest, why don't you?)!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm trying to recall how Ada is in RE2R and whether or not she acts similar in that game to this one in any way. I can't say I remember her doing anything that felt off though. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I'm trying to recall how Ada is in RE2R and whether or not she acts similar in that game to this one in any way. I can't say I remember her doing anything that felt off though. Hmm

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 162 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Resident Evil (Series) Moonface 77 42,199 Dec 4th, 2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,126 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,260 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  MediEvil Remake Metallix 7 5,756 Oct 6th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Metallix