Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I was actually about to pre-order it, and then I saw a yellow box of text under the accessibility notes that made me re-think it. It's a warning to ANYONE planning on getting the PC version, because it will be bad times until it gets patched out, if it ever does.

It's using Denuvo Anti-Piracy DRM.

Denuvo, if you have been blessed to have never heard of it, is a type of anti-tamper software that gets bundled in with games and is notorious for BREAKING SHIT! Frame Rate sputtering, crashes, performance drops, you name it, Denuvo is blamed for it! It was used in games like Batman Arkham Knight, Tekken 7, and Sonic Mania, ALL OF WHICH WERE LAMBASTED ON THE PC FOR THE PERFORMANCE DROPS! EVERYONE hates Denuvo, but publishers keep using it because they think that it keeps crackers from breaking open the game at the critical point of the first week of sales. It doesn't; the list of first day cracks of Denuvo games is laughably long. Granted, it's not as bad as Securom was, but that's only because it doesn't install a f***ing ROOTKIT on your damn PC!

All this is to say that if you planned on buying a PC copy of the game, re-think that plan for a while. I think I'm gonna pre-order mine, and wait for Capcom to pull its head out of its ass and remove it before I install it.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,821 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
I was actually about to pre-order it, and then I saw a yellow box of text under the accessibility notes that made me re-think it. It's a warning to ANYONE planning on getting the PC version, because it will be bad times until it gets patched out, if it ever does.

It's using Denuvo Anti-Piracy DRM.

Denuvo, if you have been blessed to have never heard of it, is a type of anti-tamper software that gets bundled in with games and is notorious for BREAKING SHIT! Frame Rate sputtering, crashes, performance drops, you name it, Denuvo is blamed for it! It was used in games like Batman Arkham Knight, Tekken 7, and Sonic Mania, ALL OF WHICH WERE LAMBASTED ON THE PC FOR THE PERFORMANCE DROPS! EVERYONE hates Denuvo, but publishers keep using it because they think that it keeps crackers from breaking open the game at the critical point of the first week of sales. It doesn't; the list of first day cracks of Denuvo games is laughably long. Granted, it's not as bad as Securom was, but that's only because it doesn't install a f***ing ROOTKIT on your damn PC!

All this is to say that if you planned on buying a PC copy of the game, re-think that plan for a while. I think I'm gonna pre-order mine, and wait for Capcom to pull its head out of its ass and remove it before I install it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I really don't get why publishers think anti-piracy software actually does anything. If someone wants to pirate the game, they're not going to be dissuaded by Denuvo or anything else, especially when anyone who does pirate likely knows a crack will come along within a matter of days anyway. It feels no different to expecting someone waiting for a price drop on a game to pay full price instead, they're not going to do it unless full price is literally the only option, which only happens if you're Nintendo. ROFL

Did you try out the demo at all @Maniakkid25 or are you waiting to just play the full game?
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I really don't get why publishers think anti-piracy software actually does anything. If someone wants to pirate the game, they're not going to be dissuaded by Denuvo or anything else, especially when anyone who does pirate likely knows a crack will come along within a matter of days anyway. It feels no different to expecting someone waiting for a price drop on a game to pay full price instead, they're not going to do it unless full price is literally the only option, which only happens if you're Nintendo. ROFL

Did you try out the demo at all @Maniakkid25 or are you waiting to just play the full game?
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728
Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I need it I need it I need it I need it I need it I need it

Demo was AWESOME. yeah Denuvo is 100% shit but I still need it. fuck all the other shit. need it. fave RE
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
XP: 5,728 Super Mario Bros. Borderlands 
I need it I need it I need it I need it I need it I need it

Demo was AWESOME. yeah Denuvo is 100% shit but I still need it. fuck all the other shit. need it. fave RE
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Mar 20th, 2023, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I did. It was really good! Which makes it a shame that yhe game has this bulls*** tied into this!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Mar 20th, 2023, 07:02 PM)Moonface Wrote:
I did. It was really good! Which makes it a shame that yhe game has this bulls*** tied into this!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle @Maniakkid25
Did either of you get to try out the secret harder difficulty mode in the demo? I didn't know about it until a few days ago and haven't tried it myself yet but it's apparently only going to be a difficulty for the demo.

Also, Capcom Asia put this out today and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this:

XD

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@Monocle @Maniakkid25
Did either of you get to try out the secret harder difficulty mode in the demo? I didn't know about it until a few days ago and haven't tried it myself yet but it's apparently only going to be a difficulty for the demo.

Also, Capcom Asia put this out today and I'm looking forward to seeing more of this:

XD
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I tried it. you did but can't continue like the regular one and it randomly pops up. it was BRUTAL. more enemies, harder to kill, stronger chainsaw man. it was ridiculous. shotgun didn't help at all
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I tried it. you did but can't continue like the regular one and it randomly pops up. it was BRUTAL. more enemies, harder to kill, stronger chainsaw man. it was ridiculous. shotgun didn't help at all
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There is a cheat code to unlock the higher difficulty demo if anyone wants to try it without waiting for whatever triggers it to appear by itself, especially since if you die you've got to wait for it to activate again. Here's the codes:

There's also a secret within the demo itself that lets you get access to different weapons, and I doubt anyone would find this without a guide:

I've heard that using the secret is the only way you can stand a chance at beating the higher difficulty of the demo, since the standard handgun doesn't fire rapidly enough to keep enemies at bay with the lowered stagger.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
There is a cheat code to unlock the higher difficulty demo if anyone wants to try it without waiting for whatever triggers it to appear by itself, especially since if you die you've got to wait for it to activate again. Here's the codes:

There's also a secret within the demo itself that lets you get access to different weapons, and I doubt anyone would find this without a guide:

I've heard that using the secret is the only way you can stand a chance at beating the higher difficulty of the demo, since the standard handgun doesn't fire rapidly enough to keep enemies at bay with the lowered stagger.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I'm not doing all that lmao. The game is it in two days so I'll just wait. But if the demo shows how the beginning is now, then so much of the game will have changed. I'm genuinely excited to play it.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Yeah I'm not doing all that lmao. The game is it in two days so I'll just wait. But if the demo shows how the beginning is now, then so much of the game will have changed. I'm genuinely excited to play it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:48 PM)Monocle Wrote:
But if the demo shows how the beginning is now, then so much of the game will have changed. I'm genuinely excited to play it.
Besides the alterations to areas of the game, another thing I'm really excited for is the addition of stealth to the game. I adore being able to do stealth kills in games and as soon as I had the opportunity to do it in the demo I did it (and didn't get to do it again because I did that in the village and shit immediately kicked off after that kill lol).

Out of anywhere in the game though, I really really hope the island got changed for the better. Besides the areas with the Regenerators, I find the island to be the weakest part of the entire game.

Also I don't think it's been confirmed yet whether the extra campaigns are going to be in the remake or not. I'm expecting them to be missing at launch and put out as DLC later on, especially Ada's campaign that runs alongside Leon's. Also, if Mercenaries in this remake is like the one in RE8 I'll be super happy, because I think that version of Mercenaries is the strongest the mode has ever been.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to post the second video in that animated series of shorts Capcom are doing for this game, and also didn't know the third had been released too:

I uh....don't have words for what fever dream was going on in the third part. Blink

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 22nd, 2023, 08:48 PM)Monocle Wrote:
But if the demo shows how the beginning is now, then so much of the game will have changed. I'm genuinely excited to play it.
Besides the alterations to areas of the game, another thing I'm really excited for is the addition of stealth to the game. I adore being able to do stealth kills in games and as soon as I had the opportunity to do it in the demo I did it (and didn't get to do it again because I did that in the village and shit immediately kicked off after that kill lol).

Out of anywhere in the game though, I really really hope the island got changed for the better. Besides the areas with the Regenerators, I find the island to be the weakest part of the entire game.

Also I don't think it's been confirmed yet whether the extra campaigns are going to be in the remake or not. I'm expecting them to be missing at launch and put out as DLC later on, especially Ada's campaign that runs alongside Leon's. Also, if Mercenaries in this remake is like the one in RE8 I'll be super happy, because I think that version of Mercenaries is the strongest the mode has ever been.

Edit: Oh! I forgot to post the second video in that animated series of shorts Capcom are doing for this game, and also didn't know the third had been released too:

I uh....don't have words for what fever dream was going on in the third part. Blink
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I haven't bought it yet. broke af atm. Had money aside but I forgot to pay the phone bill. whoops.

but it's getting amazing reviews so I'm extremely excited! that demo had me hyped. avoiding social media has been tough because they're posting gameplay.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
I haven't bought it yet. broke af atm. Had money aside but I forgot to pay the phone bill. whoops.

but it's getting amazing reviews so I'm extremely excited! that demo had me hyped. avoiding social media has been tough because they're posting gameplay.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've managed to avoid seeing anything unintentionally which is nice. All I've seen is a short segment of the island area on a Twitch stream which I did on purpose to see if it addressed any issues I had with it in the original. From what I could see, it looks like it managed to vastly improve on the idea of that area without sacrificing any of the more action type stuff.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've managed to avoid seeing anything unintentionally which is nice. All I've seen is a short segment of the island area on a Twitch stream which I did on purpose to see if it addressed any issues I had with it in the original. From what I could see, it looks like it managed to vastly improve on the idea of that area without sacrificing any of the more action type stuff.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This remake looks so freaking amazing. From everything I've seen, it looks like they've kept in all the necessary parts to make it feel like Resident Evil 4, but improved on every possible thing they could have in regards to, well, everything: pacing, gameplay, visuals, you name it. This is a proper remake if I've ever seen one. Definitely wanting to experience this sooner than later.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This remake looks so freaking amazing. From everything I've seen, it looks like they've kept in all the necessary parts to make it feel like Resident Evil 4, but improved on every possible thing they could have in regards to, well, everything: pacing, gameplay, visuals, you name it. This is a proper remake if I've ever seen one. Definitely wanting to experience this sooner than later.
Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Had a bigger laugh at this than I should have

Monocle Offline
o.q
Currently Playing
A lot! weep
Favourite Platform(s)
PC! Emulatiooooon
Pronouns
Yes
Had a bigger laugh at this than I should have

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dang, now that someone has mentioned it Ashley does look like she has big ears in the original. However, I think it might be that her ears also seem to be too high on her head. The bottom of her ear should align with her mouth, but unless the angle of the shot is throwing it off her ears are aligning with her nose instead. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Dang, now that someone has mentioned it Ashley does look like she has big ears in the original. However, I think it might be that her ears also seem to be too high on her head. The bottom of her ear should align with her mouth, but unless the angle of the shot is throwing it off her ears are aligning with her nose instead. XD
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So I made the mistake of playing Resident Evil 4 Remake with Denuvo, and it's a great game. Shame that I had the game lock up multiple times while playing it. Oh, it would only last for a few seconds, and the game would pause the entirw time, but that doesn't change the fact that ot happened. Oh, and it also fried my USB stuff so I had to restart my computer in order to get that working again. The game is awesome, but Denuvo is killing it. As expected. Welp, I'll be waiting for them to finally kill that before I play it again, hopefully.

Oh, and if you're wondering, the pre-order bonuses are kinda crap. The Gold Attache Case just increases Peseta drops, not that I noticed. The classic attache case increases gunpowder drops, so yay for more crafting. The handgun charm increases the chance that you'll get additional ammo when crafting handgun ammo, and the green herb charm increases the amount of healing singular green herbs do.

They also lied; on Hardcore difficulty (which is the recommended difficulty if you've played the OG Resident Evil 4), durability on knives does decrease on stealth kills. It's not much, but it is there.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
So I made the mistake of playing Resident Evil 4 Remake with Denuvo, and it's a great game. Shame that I had the game lock up multiple times while playing it. Oh, it would only last for a few seconds, and the game would pause the entirw time, but that doesn't change the fact that ot happened. Oh, and it also fried my USB stuff so I had to restart my computer in order to get that working again. The game is awesome, but Denuvo is killing it. As expected. Welp, I'll be waiting for them to finally kill that before I play it again, hopefully.

Oh, and if you're wondering, the pre-order bonuses are kinda crap. The Gold Attache Case just increases Peseta drops, not that I noticed. The classic attache case increases gunpowder drops, so yay for more crafting. The handgun charm increases the chance that you'll get additional ammo when crafting handgun ammo, and the green herb charm increases the amount of healing singular green herbs do.

They also lied; on Hardcore difficulty (which is the recommended difficulty if you've played the OG Resident Evil 4), durability on knives does decrease on stealth kills. It's not much, but it is there.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Final Fantasy (Series) | Kitase Comments on FF6 Remake Moonface 3 188 Feb 1st, 2024, 04:06 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Resident Evil (Series) Moonface 77 42,722 Dec 4th, 2023, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Super Mario RPG (Remake) Moonface 19 2,286 Nov 13th, 2023, 03:46 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Final Fantasy VII Remake Moonface 82 39,785 Jun 16th, 2022, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  MediEvil Remake Metallix 7 5,818 Oct 6th, 2019, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Metallix