State of Play - June 2, 2022
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is a summary of all the news and announcements from today's PlayStation State of Play, as well as the entire video presentation below for those who wish to watch it:

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Discussion Thread
Done with porting the original game onto every platform they can, Capcom have moved on to remaking Resident Evil 4 from the ground up for PlayStation 5 and surely every other platform they can put it onto for the next decade.

Resident Evil 4 Remake will be released on March 24, 2023.

PlayStation VR2
Four games are currently in development to support PSVR2: Resident Evil Village, The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners - Chapter 2, No Man's Sky, and Horizon: Call of the Mountain.

Horizon Forbidden West | Discussion Thread
Horizon Forbidden West is receiving a major update that is available today, bringing with it New Game+, Performance Mode improvements, Ultra Hard mode, and more! Head to our discussion thread for the full details.

Spider-Man Remastered | TrailerDiscussion Thread
Spider-Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12.

Stray | Trailer
Stray is coming to PS4 and PS5 on July 19. Players who have an active subscription to PS+ Premium/Deluxe can play the game for free on release day.

The Callisto Protocol | Trailer
If you can't wait for the Dead Space Remake or just want more of that grotesque survival horror goodness, then this game with developers of the original Dead Space is right up your alley!

The Callisto Protocol releases on December 2.

Rollerdome | Trailer
Put on your skates and shoot some heads when the Rollerdome opens for business on August 16 for PS4 and PS5.

Eternights | Trailer
Eternights an dating action game, blending a love story with adrenaline-driven combat as you make the most out of life during the apocalypse. Scavenge for supplies, explore dungeons... and go on dates! Save the world, and find love along the way.

Eternights releases for PS4 and PS5 in Early 2023.

Street Fighter 6 | Trailer | PS Blog
The ugly logo is gone! Looking to redefine the fighting genre, Street Fighter 6 will offer two new modes:
  • World Tour, a single-player immersive story mode that pushes the boundaries of what a fighting game is and allows you to leave your own legacy within Street Fighter 6with your player avatar.
  • Battle Hub – briefly shown at the end of the trailer – seems like just a venue for online matches, it will also bring new and unique forms of engagements and communication.
If you're looking for the more classic Street Fighter experience, all of the classic modes are present within the Fighting Ground. Additionally, currently confirmed characters are Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, and newcomers Jamie and Amberley. For a more in-depth look at everything shown for Street Fighter 6 so far, visit the linked PlayStation Blog post.

Street Fighter 6 releases in 2023.

Tunic | Trailer | Discussion Thread
Tunic is coming to PS4 and PS5 on September 27.

Season: A Letter to the Future | Trailer
Coming to PS4 and PS5 in Autumn 2022.

Final Fantasy XVI | Trailer
In this latest trailer, get introduced to several new Eikons and take a more detailed peek at the action-packed battle system and the freedom it gives players. Hiroshi Takai confirmed that the game is "fully playable from start to finish; though, from optimization to brush-up, there is still a mountain of challenges to tackle as we head into our final push."

Final Fantasy XVI releases for PS5 in Summer 2023.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Here is a summary of all the news and announcements from today's PlayStation State of Play, as well as the entire video presentation below for those who wish to watch it:

Resident Evil 4 Remake | Discussion Thread
Done with porting the original game onto every platform they can, Capcom have moved on to remaking Resident Evil 4 from the ground up for PlayStation 5 and surely every other platform they can put it onto for the next decade.

Resident Evil 4 Remake will be released on March 24, 2023.

PlayStation VR2
Four games are currently in development to support PSVR2: Resident Evil Village, The Walking Dead: Saints and Sinners - Chapter 2, No Man's Sky, and Horizon: Call of the Mountain.

Horizon Forbidden West | Discussion Thread
Horizon Forbidden West is receiving a major update that is available today, bringing with it New Game+, Performance Mode improvements, Ultra Hard mode, and more! Head to our discussion thread for the full details.

Spider-Man Remastered | TrailerDiscussion Thread
Spider-Man Remastered is coming to PC on August 12.

Stray | Trailer
Stray is coming to PS4 and PS5 on July 19. Players who have an active subscription to PS+ Premium/Deluxe can play the game for free on release day.

The Callisto Protocol | Trailer
If you can't wait for the Dead Space Remake or just want more of that grotesque survival horror goodness, then this game with developers of the original Dead Space is right up your alley!

The Callisto Protocol releases on December 2.

Rollerdome | Trailer
Put on your skates and shoot some heads when the Rollerdome opens for business on August 16 for PS4 and PS5.

Eternights | Trailer
Eternights an dating action game, blending a love story with adrenaline-driven combat as you make the most out of life during the apocalypse. Scavenge for supplies, explore dungeons... and go on dates! Save the world, and find love along the way.

Eternights releases for PS4 and PS5 in Early 2023.

Street Fighter 6 | Trailer | PS Blog
The ugly logo is gone! Looking to redefine the fighting genre, Street Fighter 6 will offer two new modes:
  • World Tour, a single-player immersive story mode that pushes the boundaries of what a fighting game is and allows you to leave your own legacy within Street Fighter 6with your player avatar.
  • Battle Hub – briefly shown at the end of the trailer – seems like just a venue for online matches, it will also bring new and unique forms of engagements and communication.
If you're looking for the more classic Street Fighter experience, all of the classic modes are present within the Fighting Ground. Additionally, currently confirmed characters are Ryu, Chun-Li, Luke, and newcomers Jamie and Amberley. For a more in-depth look at everything shown for Street Fighter 6 so far, visit the linked PlayStation Blog post.

Street Fighter 6 releases in 2023.

Tunic | Trailer | Discussion Thread
Tunic is coming to PS4 and PS5 on September 27.

Season: A Letter to the Future | Trailer
Coming to PS4 and PS5 in Autumn 2022.

Final Fantasy XVI | Trailer
In this latest trailer, get introduced to several new Eikons and take a more detailed peek at the action-packed battle system and the freedom it gives players. Hiroshi Takai confirmed that the game is "fully playable from start to finish; though, from optimization to brush-up, there is still a mountain of challenges to tackle as we head into our final push."

Final Fantasy XVI releases for PS5 in Summer 2023.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pretty garbage overall aside from the FFXVI trailer and the announcement that Tunic is finally going to come to PS4/PS5.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pretty garbage overall aside from the FFXVI trailer and the announcement that Tunic is finally going to come to PS4/PS5.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I thought the overall presentation was decent, but my one big gripe with it is there wasn't a single new first party announcement in it. All we got from Sony was an update and a PC port, and the rest was all third party. I expected Sony to close with something after FF16 but then it just ended, and as good as that game looked I walked away feeling like the show had lacked something, and when I wrote this thread up I realised what was missing was any reason from Sony themselves to care about the PS5.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I thought the overall presentation was decent, but my one big gripe with it is there wasn't a single new first party announcement in it. All we got from Sony was an update and a PC port, and the rest was all third party. I expected Sony to close with something after FF16 but then it just ended, and as good as that game looked I walked away feeling like the show had lacked something, and when I wrote this thread up I realised what was missing was any reason from Sony themselves to care about the PS5.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The middle half had more intriguing things for me than either the beginning or end. Don't get me wrong, RE4 remake can be cool, and I'm fully on board with FFXVI's showcase. But I'm really looking forward to Stray, and Rollerdome is a neat concept in that Jet Set Radio meets Rocket League kind of way. Callisto Protocol is also just right up that horror alley of mine.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
The middle half had more intriguing things for me than either the beginning or end. Don't get me wrong, RE4 remake can be cool, and I'm fully on board with FFXVI's showcase. But I'm really looking forward to Stray, and Rollerdome is a neat concept in that Jet Set Radio meets Rocket League kind of way. Callisto Protocol is also just right up that horror alley of mine.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Callisto Protocol went from something I was really excited for to being a little wary about now. I saw that the game is potentially going to have a Season Pass, which makes no sense for a single player game. I'm hoping maybe it's a leftover from when the game was still set within the PUBG universe.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Callisto Protocol went from something I was really excited for to being a little wary about now. I saw that the game is potentially going to have a Season Pass, which makes no sense for a single player game. I'm hoping maybe it's a leftover from when the game was still set within the PUBG universe.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
After checking out Eternights more, it looks like it has potential as long as it doesn't end up just being an ARPG clone of Persona. I know it has previous Persona devs working on it, so I'm slightly worried about that. If it can establish its own identity, it could potentially be good.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
After checking out Eternights more, it looks like it has potential as long as it doesn't end up just being an ARPG clone of Persona. I know it has previous Persona devs working on it, so I'm slightly worried about that. If it can establish its own identity, it could potentially be good.
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There isn't anything for me really from what I read here that I'd be interested in. Not so much Horizon as I don't have that, Street Fighter 6 I'll follow through someone I watch but nothing more, Final Fantasy XVI looks good there, but that's about it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Online
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
There isn't anything for me really from what I read here that I'd be interested in. Not so much Horizon as I don't have that, Street Fighter 6 I'll follow through someone I watch but nothing more, Final Fantasy XVI looks good there, but that's about it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 22,509 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Games You Didn't Play Because You Watched Them? Moonface 2 351 Nov 11th, 2023, 01:04 AM
  Nintendo Direct - June 21, 2023 Moonface 4 713 Jul 18th, 2023, 05:55 PM
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,705 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
  The last game you want to play before you die? popopdc 6 1,223 Dec 16th, 2022, 08:19 PM