LEGO
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Dec 2nd, 2021, 01:16 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@Kyng: Have you ever seen this channel on YouTube? - https://www.youtube.com/c/BrickExperimentChannel/videos

I don't know how but that channel popped into my front page feed just now, and specifically fed me this video:

It's a little painful seeing what the Lego is going through (the parts where you see the beam carving into the Lego that's holding it in place made me wince) but it's impressive how much strength the stuff can have. They have another where they break a steel axle too, but if no one here is into seeing things break apart the channel has lots of other cool experiments they did using just Lego.

Indeed, I did see that video a while back. Quite amazing what Lego can do if you know what you're doing with it!

This was another one that impressed me... it's a Lego Rubik's Cube that (kind of) works:

And here's an improved version, that fixes most of the problems with that one:

Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
(Dec 2nd, 2021, 01:16 AM)Moonface Wrote:
@Kyng: Have you ever seen this channel on YouTube? - https://www.youtube.com/c/BrickExperimentChannel/videos

I don't know how but that channel popped into my front page feed just now, and specifically fed me this video:

It's a little painful seeing what the Lego is going through (the parts where you see the beam carving into the Lego that's holding it in place made me wince) but it's impressive how much strength the stuff can have. They have another where they break a steel axle too, but if no one here is into seeing things break apart the channel has lots of other cool experiments they did using just Lego.

Indeed, I did see that video a while back. Quite amazing what Lego can do if you know what you're doing with it!

This was another one that impressed me... it's a Lego Rubik's Cube that (kind of) works:

And here's an improved version, that fixes most of the problems with that one:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looks like Lego is possibly moving away from just doing those level kits for Mario and expanding into other offerings:

There was also this set announced recently which I think is just really cool and wanted to share it: Lego Loop Coaster

Also, here's the photos I took of the incredibly impressive (and big) builds featured on top of the Lego store at the Mall of America during my recent vacation: https://imgur.com/a/My27iYL
I don't know if the photo does the size of the mech justice but I hope it does. Sweat
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Looks like Lego is possibly moving away from just doing those level kits for Mario and expanding into other offerings:

There was also this set announced recently which I think is just really cool and wanted to share it: Lego Loop Coaster

Also, here's the photos I took of the incredibly impressive (and big) builds featured on top of the Lego store at the Mall of America during my recent vacation: https://imgur.com/a/My27iYL
I don't know if the photo does the size of the mech justice but I hope it does. Sweat
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ugh I hate the first thing that came to my head with the LEGO Bowser is that he looks like a FNAF animatronic.

Cool with the builds at that place. The sabretooth tiger is the best there easily in that if viewed from a distance, it doesn't look like it was made by LEGO bricks.  =3
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ugh I hate the first thing that came to my head with the LEGO Bowser is that he looks like a FNAF animatronic.

Cool with the builds at that place. The sabretooth tiger is the best there easily in that if viewed from a distance, it doesn't look like it was made by LEGO bricks.  =3
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2022, 08:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Damn now you've said it I can't unsee it. XD

And yeah, I wonder if these builds are the largest ones of any Lego store. I know the one at Disney Springs in Florida comes close but I don't think they're remotely close to the mech in my photos, and I feel like a store at Disney would be the only good chance of figures larger than those at Mall of America (if we exclude Legoland which I feel isn't fair to count).

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 10th, 2022, 08:31 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Damn now you've said it I can't unsee it. XD

And yeah, I wonder if these builds are the largest ones of any Lego store. I know the one at Disney Springs in Florida comes close but I don't think they're remotely close to the mech in my photos, and I feel like a store at Disney would be the only good chance of figures larger than those at Mall of America (if we exclude Legoland which I feel isn't fair to count).
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that SDCC is getting a 14ft version of the Lego Bowser model!  Shock

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Just saw that SDCC is getting a 14ft version of the Lego Bowser model!  Shock