Nintendo Direct Megathread
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
No idea if the Zelda games are going to be making a showing, but we are going to be getting a Direct tomorrow!

Sucks I won't get to watch it because I'm going to be in class but ah well.

Edit: Those in the UK will apparently not be able to watch this Direct live, as Nintendo are not streaming it in that country due to the recent passing of Queen Elizabeth. It will be uploaded an hour later as a regular video like all Directs are after their live airing.
Frankly I think this is a stupid move and I don't get why not airing it live is out of respect but it's releasing it an hour later anyway so what's actually the point?
Edit 2: UK viewers can just watch the NoA stream which makes this move even more stupid...
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
No idea if the Zelda games are going to be making a showing, but we are going to be getting a Direct tomorrow!

Sucks I won't get to watch it because I'm going to be in class but ah well.

Edit: Those in the UK will apparently not be able to watch this Direct live, as Nintendo are not streaming it in that country due to the recent passing of Queen Elizabeth. It will be uploaded an hour later as a regular video like all Directs are after their live airing.
Frankly I think this is a stupid move and I don't get why not airing it live is out of respect but it's releasing it an hour later anyway so what's actually the point?
Edit 2: UK viewers can just watch the NoA stream which makes this move even more stupid...
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still like to think it's because of the official title drop of the sequel to Breath of the Wild XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I still like to think it's because of the official title drop of the sequel to Breath of the Wild XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Pretty lengthy Direct announced for tomorrow! I reckon a good 5-10 minutes of this will go to Tears of the Kingdom since it isn't long until launch and we still haven't seen much yet. I hope they show off farming! Whistle

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Pretty lengthy Direct announced for tomorrow! I reckon a good 5-10 minutes of this will go to Tears of the Kingdom since it isn't long until launch and we still haven't seen much yet. I hope they show off farming! Whistle
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I got my Bingo Board ready. Grin

Expecting an Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp shadow drop tomorrow, or at least a date. It's been long enough, I think. Perhaps more news on Pikmin 4 and Octopath 2?
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
I got my Bingo Board ready. Grin

Expecting an Advance Wars 1+2: Re-Boot Camp shadow drop tomorrow, or at least a date. It's been long enough, I think. Perhaps more news on Pikmin 4 and Octopath 2?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think the only game I'm interested in getting on the Switch that won't be available on a better platform is going to be the Kirby remaster/remake/rewhatever. That and Fire Emblem Engage are the only Switch-exclusive games I care about this year I believe (unless they announce something surprising for later in 2023).

I guess I could pray for GBA games on NSO at long last, but Nintendo doesn't make smart decisions most of the time so I won't hold my breath.
2023 Platinum Goal: 3/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Sword of the Vagrant
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,794 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I think the only game I'm interested in getting on the Switch that won't be available on a better platform is going to be the Kirby remaster/remake/rewhatever. That and Fire Emblem Engage are the only Switch-exclusive games I care about this year I believe (unless they announce something surprising for later in 2023).

I guess I could pray for GBA games on NSO at long last, but Nintendo doesn't make smart decisions most of the time so I won't hold my breath.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 8th, 2023, 04:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, Advance Wars needs to show. There's no point holding it back any longer, and I think it would be better to just drop it out of nowhere than give a new release date. Pikmin 4 seems unlikely since I doubt it'll release in the first half of this year.
For your bingo board stuff, Silksong is a high chance given that it has to release before June 12, but if it isn't here then Microsoft might be announcing it as a shadow drop for their "E3" presentation. I can't see where else it could show up besides these two events.

(Feb 8th, 2023, 04:35 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'd be surprised if nothing new is added to NSO's legacy game options, considering the shallow number of first-party titles coming to Switch this year and most third-party stuff isn't exclusive. Unless Switch is someone's only system there's not a huge amount on offer for it this year so far.

For things I'd expect to see not mentioned yet, Splatoon 3 getting a DLC or just a new splastfest announcement is likely. Maybe I'll get lucky and something for that game will be announced to make me care about it again.
Besides Tears of the Kingdom stuff though, I'm not really going into this with many expectations or hopes. Unless there's a lot of announcements for games being released in the next few months there isn't a lot of things to cover. Mellow

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Feb 8th, 2023, 04:38 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, Advance Wars needs to show. There's no point holding it back any longer, and I think it would be better to just drop it out of nowhere than give a new release date. Pikmin 4 seems unlikely since I doubt it'll release in the first half of this year.
For your bingo board stuff, Silksong is a high chance given that it has to release before June 12, but if it isn't here then Microsoft might be announcing it as a shadow drop for their "E3" presentation. I can't see where else it could show up besides these two events.

(Feb 8th, 2023, 04:35 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I'd be surprised if nothing new is added to NSO's legacy game options, considering the shallow number of first-party titles coming to Switch this year and most third-party stuff isn't exclusive. Unless Switch is someone's only system there's not a huge amount on offer for it this year so far.

For things I'd expect to see not mentioned yet, Splatoon 3 getting a DLC or just a new splastfest announcement is likely. Maybe I'll get lucky and something for that game will be announced to make me care about it again.
Besides Tears of the Kingdom stuff though, I'm not really going into this with many expectations or hopes. Unless there's a lot of announcements for games being released in the next few months there isn't a lot of things to cover. Mellow
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Last minute announcement for a Nintendo Direct airing tomorrow morning. I'm kinda curious what we'll get for this one that stands out since Pikmin 4 is the only notable first party Nintendo game left to release. I guess the next Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wave will get shown and maybe some DLC for Fire Emblem Engage, but beyond that I'm clueless.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Last minute announcement for a Nintendo Direct airing tomorrow morning. I'm kinda curious what we'll get for this one that stands out since Pikmin 4 is the only notable first party Nintendo game left to release. I guess the next Mario Kart 8 Deluxe wave will get shown and maybe some DLC for Fire Emblem Engage, but beyond that I'm clueless.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Lots of particular rumors surrounding the notion of a new 2D Mario game being announced, as well as a remake of a Super Nintendo title. We're well overdue for a new Mario, and even moreso in the 2D department. New Soup U was the last official one from... 2012? Over a decade of no new 2D. Well, traditionally at least. Super Mario Run I suppose would've counted, but that is an auto-running platformer so Shrug

The Super Nintendo remake... this could be literally anything, oof. The most copium response I've seen is either Super Mario RPG or F-Zero. I'm placing bets its probably another JRPG series. They've been doing those a lot as of late, wouldn't be shocking to see another added to the list.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Lots of particular rumors surrounding the notion of a new 2D Mario game being announced, as well as a remake of a Super Nintendo title. We're well overdue for a new Mario, and even moreso in the 2D department. New Soup U was the last official one from... 2012? Over a decade of no new 2D. Well, traditionally at least. Super Mario Run I suppose would've counted, but that is an auto-running platformer so Shrug

The Super Nintendo remake... this could be literally anything, oof. The most copium response I've seen is either Super Mario RPG or F-Zero. I'm placing bets its probably another JRPG series. They've been doing those a lot as of late, wouldn't be shocking to see another added to the list.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
3PM my time, alrighty.

Would be good to see a new Mario 2D game I suppose. I haven't got a new one since...haha, 2006 NSMB. I don't want every instalment anyway. Not sure if I'll be interested in anything else or even that, but I'll watch.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
3PM my time, alrighty.

Would be good to see a new Mario 2D game I suppose. I haven't got a new one since...haha, 2006 NSMB. I don't want every instalment anyway. Not sure if I'll be interested in anything else or even that, but I'll watch.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, just realized this airs during my blood test so I'll probably miss the entire thing. Nooo

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ugh, just realized this airs during my blood test so I'll probably miss the entire thing. Nooo
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah and I just missed it live for completely forgetting about it somehow until 5PM rolled around and was like "Shite!" Just watched it now.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah and I just missed it live for completely forgetting about it somehow until 5PM rolled around and was like "Shite!" Just watched it now.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New Direct tomorrow morning for games coming out this Winter. I just woke up so don't have the brain power to think of what games I wanna see or anything right now. x=x

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
New Direct tomorrow morning for games coming out this Winter. I just woke up so don't have the brain power to think of what games I wanna see or anything right now. x=x
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Since we've had plenty of stuff for Wonder I doubt that'll be in there, perhaps another look at the Super Mario RPG Remake though, don't know what else. If it's just updates on stuff they've already shown and SMRPG is the only one I have my eye on then I don't care much of anything else.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Since we've had plenty of stuff for Wonder I doubt that'll be in there, perhaps another look at the Super Mario RPG Remake though, don't know what else. If it's just updates on stuff they've already shown and SMRPG is the only one I have my eye on then I don't care much of anything else.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Going off of what was in the last Direct, here are my guesses for what we'll see:
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC - Part 2 | The Indigo Disk
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Palia
  • Splatoon 3 - probably some new season that'll start during the winter
  • Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - we don't have a date except for 2023, so this is probably getting a date tomorrow
  • Silent Hope
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
  • Headbangers Rhythm Royale
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Wave 6 teaser
  • WarioWare: Move It!
  • Some new classic title additions
  • Maybe a new classic console library gets added to NSO
Maybe a few other games from the last Direct could show up too but I expect all of these will definitely be in. I suspect most surprise/new announcements will be related to classic games rather than something brand new getting announced. If SMRPG doesn't close the Direct I'm not sure what else would be big enough to do it here. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Going off of what was in the last Direct, here are my guesses for what we'll see:
  • Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero DLC - Part 2 | The Indigo Disk
  • Sonic Superstars
  • Palia
  • Splatoon 3 - probably some new season that'll start during the winter
  • Detective Pikachu Returns
  • Super Mario RPG
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon - we don't have a date except for 2023, so this is probably getting a date tomorrow
  • Silent Hope
  • Dragon Quest Monsters: The Dark Prince
  • Headbangers Rhythm Royale
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Wave 6 teaser
  • WarioWare: Move It!
  • Some new classic title additions
  • Maybe a new classic console library gets added to NSO
Maybe a few other games from the last Direct could show up too but I expect all of these will definitely be in. I suspect most surprise/new announcements will be related to classic games rather than something brand new getting announced. If SMRPG doesn't close the Direct I'm not sure what else would be big enough to do it here. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure what to expect from this so I'm not really going in with anything. I'm sure the internet is already huffing hopium for Silksong though. ROFL

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Not sure what to expect from this so I'm not really going in with anything. I'm sure the internet is already huffing hopium for Silksong though. ROFL

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 1,769 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Partner Direct - Feb. 21, 2024 Moonface 8 282 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM
  Nintendo Sues Yuzu; $2.4m Settlement Agreed Moonface 6 232 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: shadow
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 23,137 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,596 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL