Nintendo Direct Megathread
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

A third-party focused "Mini-Direct" has been announced for tomorrow, June 28th at 6AM PT / 9AM ET / 2PM BST, with "roughly 25 minutes" of content on upcoming games.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

A third-party focused "Mini-Direct" has been announced for tomorrow, June 28th at 6AM PT / 9AM ET / 2PM BST, with "roughly 25 minutes" of content on upcoming games.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well, guess I'm missing that live then as I've got to try suits tomorrow for my bro's wedding in Sep. Couldn't be on Thursday but ah whatever.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well, guess I'm missing that live then as I've got to try suits tomorrow for my bro's wedding in Sep. Couldn't be on Thursday but ah whatever.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm gonna have a big helping of popcorn ready in case they don't announce the Persona ports are coming to Switch, and I can enjoy my morning by watching all of the Nintendo fans cry and rage online about it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I'm gonna have a big helping of popcorn ready in case they don't announce the Persona ports are coming to Switch, and I can enjoy my morning by watching all of the Nintendo fans cry and rage online about it.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If Persona isn't in this Direct then I don't think it'll ever come.
Not expecting much mostly because I can't think of any third party stuff for the Switch right now. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
If Persona isn't in this Direct then I don't think it'll ever come.
Not expecting much mostly because I can't think of any third party stuff for the Switch right now. XD
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
....yeah I honestly can't think of what else Nintendo has to showcase here, other than the Persona ports. What other third parties, aside from indie devs, does Nintendo snag for the Switch? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
....yeah I honestly can't think of what else Nintendo has to showcase here, other than the Persona ports. What other third parties, aside from indie devs, does Nintendo snag for the Switch? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo Direct Mini - June 28, 2022
The presentation video for the June 28 Nintendo Direct Mini has dropped, bringing with it ports of games such as Nier: Automata and Persona 3P, 4G, and 5R, and looks at new titles like Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope and Sonic Frontiers!

Pretty decent Direct although nothing super exciting for me. Blanc looked neat, although they better not kill one of them at the end.
I can't imagine Nier running well on a Switch since it didn't exactly run smoothly on PS4 at times, but hopefully the debacle with the PC port will make SE actually try to make an effort with it.
Live A Live getting a demo with three different levels was cool and I might check that out since I love HD-2D visuals and it reminds me of Octopath a little overall.
Mario + Rabbids I'm on the fence with until I play Kingdom Battle, and I also heard there will be a Golden Edition announced which I expect will be during the dedicated Ubisoft showcase of the game airing tomorrow.

Also, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has become Nintendo's version of Deathloop for me. I'll be glad to not see that game in every single Direct one day.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Nintendo Direct Mini - June 28, 2022
The presentation video for the June 28 Nintendo Direct Mini has dropped, bringing with it ports of games such as Nier: Automata and Persona 3P, 4G, and 5R, and looks at new titles like Mario + Rabbids: Spark of Hope and Sonic Frontiers!

Pretty decent Direct although nothing super exciting for me. Blanc looked neat, although they better not kill one of them at the end.
I can't imagine Nier running well on a Switch since it didn't exactly run smoothly on PS4 at times, but hopefully the debacle with the PC port will make SE actually try to make an effort with it.
Live A Live getting a demo with three different levels was cool and I might check that out since I love HD-2D visuals and it reminds me of Octopath a little overall.
Mario + Rabbids I'm on the fence with until I play Kingdom Battle, and I also heard there will be a Golden Edition announced which I expect will be during the dedicated Ubisoft showcase of the game airing tomorrow.

Also, Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak has become Nintendo's version of Deathloop for me. I'll be glad to not see that game in every single Direct one day.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh joy, I can't wait for Automata to run at 240p/2 FPS on the Switch. KEKW

On a side note: Little Noah by Cygames looks really good (and at just a $15 pricetag, why wouldn't I get it?) and Square Enix's Harvestella looks pretty top-notch. I don't like farming sims, but that combat looks great, the graphics look great, and it pretty much just looks like Rune Factory if Rune Factory wasn't fucking god awful. With how badly RF5 flopped, Square Enix could be delivering a deathblow to the RF franchise here. Definitely going to get it and hope it joins Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin as games that I loved despite the farming aspects of them.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Oh joy, I can't wait for Automata to run at 240p/2 FPS on the Switch. KEKW

On a side note: Little Noah by Cygames looks really good (and at just a $15 pricetag, why wouldn't I get it?) and Square Enix's Harvestella looks pretty top-notch. I don't like farming sims, but that combat looks great, the graphics look great, and it pretty much just looks like Rune Factory if Rune Factory wasn't fucking god awful. With how badly RF5 flopped, Square Enix could be delivering a deathblow to the RF franchise here. Definitely going to get it and hope it joins Sakuna: Of Rice and Ruin as games that I loved despite the farming aspects of them.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well glad there was nothing in this Direct to have my eyes on with what I might be getting very soon, so I'll stick with the games I have yet to play to keep my interest in Switch for the time being.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Well glad there was nothing in this Direct to have my eyes on with what I might be getting very soon, so I'll stick with the games I have yet to play to keep my interest in Switch for the time being.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about the Pac-Man World remaster announcement which I'm somewhat interested in depending on the price. I played the original as a kid on PS1 so I'm mostly interested because of nostalgia.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I forgot about the Pac-Man World remaster announcement which I'm somewhat interested in depending on the price. I played the original as a kid on PS1 so I'm mostly interested because of nostalgia.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Blanc was the only cute thing that caught my eyeballs.
Some of the farm sims looked really chill and cute. Well, aside from the Disney one. That was...odd.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Blanc was the only cute thing that caught my eyeballs.
Some of the farm sims looked really chill and cute. Well, aside from the Disney one. That was...odd.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2022, 06:11 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Well, aside from the Disney one. That was...odd.
I don't expect that game to be very pleasant considering it's going to be heavy on micro-transactions due to being free to play and it's Disney. I'd hope to be proven wrong though for those who want to enjoy that game.

Did anyone try out the Live A Live demo or plans to?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 30th, 2022, 06:11 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Well, aside from the Disney one. That was...odd.
I don't expect that game to be very pleasant considering it's going to be heavy on micro-transactions due to being free to play and it's Disney. I'd hope to be proven wrong though for those who want to enjoy that game.

Did anyone try out the Live A Live demo or plans to?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 28th, 2022, 04:20 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Square Enix's Harvestella looks pretty top-notch. I don't like farming sims, but that combat looks great, the graphics look great...
You might be interested to check out the upcoming Nintendo Treehouse then, since that's going to feature a first look at Harvestella's gameplay:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 28th, 2022, 04:20 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Square Enix's Harvestella looks pretty top-notch. I don't like farming sims, but that combat looks great, the graphics look great...
You might be interested to check out the upcoming Nintendo Treehouse then, since that's going to feature a first look at Harvestella's gameplay:

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Been hearing some (copium) rumors about a possible September 12th Nintendo Direct, but I'll believe it when I see it. We have been without a proper full direct since February of this year, so it has been quite some time. Shrug
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Been hearing some (copium) rumors about a possible September 12th Nintendo Direct, but I'll believe it when I see it. We have been without a proper full direct since February of this year, so it has been quite some time. Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
All I've heard about that potential Direct is that it'll be mostly Zelda focused, with Switch ports announced for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
If those ports do get announced I hope they're not $60 each, but this is Nintendo we're talking about so I won't hold my breath. Errm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
All I've heard about that potential Direct is that it'll be mostly Zelda focused, with Switch ports announced for Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
If those ports do get announced I hope they're not $60 each, but this is Nintendo we're talking about so I won't hold my breath. Errm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Big doubt on that. Think those are forever doomed. I could see them doing another Zelda remake though instead. Maybe the Oracle games?

There are now rumors about the rumors of this supposed direct now and I just think we've all been huffing a little too much copium cuz holy shit lmao
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Big doubt on that. Think those are forever doomed. I could see them doing another Zelda remake though instead. Maybe the Oracle games?

There are now rumors about the rumors of this supposed direct now and I just think we've all been huffing a little too much copium cuz holy shit lmao

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Nintendo Partner Direct - Feb. 21, 2024 Moonface 8 194 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Nintendo Sues Yuzu; $2.4m Settlement Agreed Moonface 6 165 Mar 6th, 2024, 06:08 AM
Last Post: shadow
  State of Play Megathread | Jan. 31 Show Announced queenzelda 81 22,503 Feb 16th, 2024, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Super Nintendo World Moonface 33 8,308 Jan 26th, 2024, 11:36 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,533 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda