Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,847
How do you deal with back pain?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Usually I do an elongation stretch or have @ShiraNoMai massage my lower back or outright sit on it while pulling me up by my shoulders. XD

Fortunately I've not had my lower back ache for a while now that I think about it. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,679 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Usually I do an elongation stretch or have @ShiraNoMai massage my lower back or outright sit on it while pulling me up by my shoulders. XD

Fortunately I've not had my lower back ache for a while now that I think about it. ^_^
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
At the moment just laying down if I get any back pain, or if it's very minor in the moment pain, just straighten my back or stretch if I can. Luckily don't get it often as I suppose I'm still young enough or not done anything too bad to warrant any causes.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
At the moment just laying down if I get any back pain, or if it's very minor in the moment pain, just straighten my back or stretch if I can. Luckily don't get it often as I suppose I'm still young enough or not done anything too bad to warrant any causes.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Aug 16th, 2022, 01:28 AM)Moonface Wrote:

I imagine this has come from 1) correcting your sitting posture, considering how awful it was in the past and 2) considerably strengthening your lower back from working.

I have fibromyalgia, so I'll always be in some kind of pain there from oversensitive nerves. It's managed with some medicine I take, but massage therapy has always worked wonders on top of that, in addition to now working out making the muscles in my back stronger and less prone to strains for any reason.

A good hot shower or bath tends to be really good on the pain, though, if you ever need that. In addition to anti-inflammatories, of course.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 

I imagine this has come from 1) correcting your sitting posture, considering how awful it was in the past and 2) considerably strengthening your lower back from working.

I have fibromyalgia, so I'll always be in some kind of pain there from oversensitive nerves. It's managed with some medicine I take, but massage therapy has always worked wonders on top of that, in addition to now working out making the muscles in my back stronger and less prone to strains for any reason.

A good hot shower or bath tends to be really good on the pain, though, if you ever need that. In addition to anti-inflammatories, of course.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2022, 03:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

On the second point, I was still suffering from bad back pain when working in England so I think most of the alleviation has come from sitting better. I used to always sit in the Death Note L posture from a young age whereas now when I'm sitting it's on a couch. The only flip side to that though is now my legs will start to ache after a while of sitting normally but that may be because I'm keeping my legs immobile for hours on end whereas my other posture at least had me move my legs from time to time due to switching positions.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 19th, 2022, 03:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

On the second point, I was still suffering from bad back pain when working in England so I think most of the alleviation has come from sitting better. I used to always sit in the Death Note L posture from a young age whereas now when I'm sitting it's on a couch. The only flip side to that though is now my legs will start to ache after a while of sitting normally but that may be because I'm keeping my legs immobile for hours on end whereas my other posture at least had me move my legs from time to time due to switching positions.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That can be alleviated by getting up hourly to stretch Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
That can be alleviated by getting up hourly to stretch Tongue
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
But that requires me to not be a lazy sack of shit! D=  Cry

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
But that requires me to not be a lazy sack of shit! D=  Cry
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata

I need to do more stretching!  I went to a chiropractor and he gave me all these stretches to do and I hardly did any of them.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata

I need to do more stretching!  I went to a chiropractor and he gave me all these stretches to do and I hardly did any of them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You should get yourself a foam roller and learn some stretches on these. It feels SO good to use and you do plenty good for your body for doing so. Grin
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You should get yourself a foam roller and learn some stretches on these. It feels SO good to use and you do plenty good for your body for doing so. Grin
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Thanks for the tip, maybe I will get one!! Grin
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
(Sep 1st, 2022, 06:29 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Thanks for the tip, maybe I will get one!! Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Something You'd Like To See Back In Its Glory? Moonface 11 4,351 Jul 20th, 2021, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Universal Gaming Podcast (A look back...) Eric 12 6,314 Nov 12th, 2020, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Moonface