Metal Wolf Chaos XD | HOW COME NONE OF YOU BASTARDS TOLD ME THIS WAS HAPPENING?!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Okay, Maniak; calm down. You can't do the entire post in all-caps. For those of you poor sods that don't know what this game is, Metal Wolf Chaos originally came out on the Original Xbox back in 2004, but in Japan only. Words cannot truly describe how amazingly hysterical this game is. You play as the President of the United States, Michael Wilson, piloting your own giant mech as Metal Wolf Chaos, and you must stop the evil Vice President, Richard Hawk, from trying to take over the country with the aid of only your mech and your BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM! (and yes, "BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM" is a line in the actual game!)

This is a game so American, it could only have been made in Japan.

Sadly, when it was initially released, they took one look at the game, laughed, and then said "the game would never sell in the west." Once the internet got a hold of it, however, they immediately fell in love with the game for it's great gameplay -- being developed by From Software, who made Armored Core before Dark Souls, so they know how to make a Mecha-shooter -- Over the Top storytelling and absolutely absurd premise. What was even worse was that it was completely VA'd in English, so a localization would just mean rewriting the text! It was a sad day for the state of gaming.

And then Devolver Digital made a single tweet.

They probably were joking, but upon seeing people basically freak the hell out over possibly finally seeing Metal Wolf Chaos outside of Japan, that actually got From Software's attention, and now magic is happening! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HYPED I AM FOR THIS RIGHT NOW!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!

Okay, Maniak; calm down. You can't do the entire post in all-caps. For those of you poor sods that don't know what this game is, Metal Wolf Chaos originally came out on the Original Xbox back in 2004, but in Japan only. Words cannot truly describe how amazingly hysterical this game is. You play as the President of the United States, Michael Wilson, piloting your own giant mech as Metal Wolf Chaos, and you must stop the evil Vice President, Richard Hawk, from trying to take over the country with the aid of only your mech and your BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM! (and yes, "BURNING AMERICAN FREEDOM" is a line in the actual game!)

This is a game so American, it could only have been made in Japan.

Sadly, when it was initially released, they took one look at the game, laughed, and then said "the game would never sell in the west." Once the internet got a hold of it, however, they immediately fell in love with the game for it's great gameplay -- being developed by From Software, who made Armored Core before Dark Souls, so they know how to make a Mecha-shooter -- Over the Top storytelling and absolutely absurd premise. What was even worse was that it was completely VA'd in English, so a localization would just mean rewriting the text! It was a sad day for the state of gaming.

And then Devolver Digital made a single tweet.

They probably were joking, but upon seeing people basically freak the hell out over possibly finally seeing Metal Wolf Chaos outside of Japan, that actually got From Software's attention, and now magic is happening! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW HYPED I AM FOR THIS RIGHT NOW!
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oh yea!!! I saw the original announcement made during the Devolver Digital E3 conference. To be honest I had no idea what I was looking at! XD BUT now that I've read what the deal is, this game sounds pretty interesting. I am a huge mech fan BUT; I'd need to see some game play first though. So I'm sure there's some footage of this game around the youtube's so I can look & see if I'd like it moar then the confusing trailer I was given. XD
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Oh yea!!! I saw the original announcement made during the Devolver Digital E3 conference. To be honest I had no idea what I was looking at! XD BUT now that I've read what the deal is, this game sounds pretty interesting. I am a huge mech fan BUT; I'd need to see some game play first though. So I'm sure there's some footage of this game around the youtube's so I can look & see if I'd like it moar then the confusing trailer I was given. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mechs. Then...
"Michael! Mwahahahahaha!"
"Richaaarrd!"

And the name of the website. Why was those things so good?! XD

Yeah, I've never heard of this before. Seems good From Software's bringing it back. Not a game I want to get, but heck I wouldn't mind watching it being played. Just for the hilarity, and rightly so, since that's what this is about. Over the top. XD

Wait, so this came to be thanks to Devolver Digital making a tweet (jokingly?)? Kudos to them for getting the ball rolling. Unintended, but who cares? Take it this'll be a remake then.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mechs. Then...
"Michael! Mwahahahahaha!"
"Richaaarrd!"

And the name of the website. Why was those things so good?! XD

Yeah, I've never heard of this before. Seems good From Software's bringing it back. Not a game I want to get, but heck I wouldn't mind watching it being played. Just for the hilarity, and rightly so, since that's what this is about. Over the top. XD

Wait, so this came to be thanks to Devolver Digital making a tweet (jokingly?)? Kudos to them for getting the ball rolling. Unintended, but who cares? Take it this'll be a remake then.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Just a remaster, rather. This was the tweet in question, back in 2016. And if you want to watch it, there are already plenty of Let's Plays on Youtube. It's very easy for an English speaker to keep with the story, because the VA is all in English to begin with, so none of the story is lost (it's very similar to what Capcom did with Resident Evil). It's just that all the text of an Original Xbox copy is in Japanese, since it's an import game. Believe me, it's worth it, though.

For example, here's the Opening cutscene before the main menu comes up:

Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Just a remaster, rather. This was the tweet in question, back in 2016. And if you want to watch it, there are already plenty of Let's Plays on Youtube. It's very easy for an English speaker to keep with the story, because the VA is all in English to begin with, so none of the story is lost (it's very similar to what Capcom did with Resident Evil). It's just that all the text of an Original Xbox copy is in Japanese, since it's an import game. Believe me, it's worth it, though.

For example, here's the Opening cutscene before the main menu comes up: