Gamescom Opening Night Live 2022
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Gamescom 2022 is officially underway, and as it does every year the event is kicking off with its Opening Night Live presentation, and I'll be summarizing everything shown for easy digestion and discussion. ^_^

• Everywhere | Trailer
    • Release Date: 2023

• Dune: Awakening | Trailer

• DualSense Edge Controller | Trailer
    • High-performance, ultra-customizable controller with custom controls, changeable buttons, and more.

• The Callisto Protocol | Trailer
    • New gameplay footage showcasing enemy mutations, which occur in real-time if you fail to prevent it.
    • Release Date: December 2, 2022

• The Lords of the Fallen | Trailer

• Moving Out 2 | Trailer

• Hogwarts Legacy | Sebastian Sallow Quest Trailer

• New Tales From the Borderland | Trailer
    • Release Date: October 21, 2022

• Dying Light 2: Blood Ties DLC | Trailer
    • Dying Light 2 is also getting a massive patch addressing a multitude of player requests and concerns.

• Tortuga: A Pirate's Tale | Trailer
    • Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and PC (Epic Store exclusive)

• Marauders | Trailer
    • Release Date: October 2022 (Early Access)

• Sonic Frontiers | Story Trailer
    • Release Date: November 8, 2022

• Under The Waves | Trailer
    • New game from Quantic Dream.
    • Platforms: PlayStation, Xbox, and PC

• Goat Simulator 3 | Gameplay Trailer

• Return to Monkey Island | Trailer
    • If you pre-order, you'll get free horse armor which has no use in game whatsoever.
    • Release Date: September 19, 2022
    • Platforms: Nintendo Switch and PC

• Moonbreaker | Trailer
    • New game from Unknown Worlds, the developer of Subnautica.
    • Release Date: September 29, 2022 (Early Access)

• Friends vs. Friends | Trailer

• Lies of P | Trailer
    • Souls-like Bloodborne-inspired game about Pinocchio's unrelenting journey to become human.

• Stranded: Alien Dawn | Trailer

• Atlas Fallen | Trailer
    • Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC

• Homeworld 3 | Trailer

• Genshin Impact | Trailer

• Honkai: Star Rail | Trailer

• High on Life | Gameplay Footage

• The Expanse | Gameplay Reveal
    • New game from Telltale Games.

• Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game | Trailer

• Scars Above | Trailer

• Wyrdsong | Trailer
    • Being developed by Something Wicked Games, an all new studio formed from developers from the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout.

• Gotham Knights | Trailer

• Where Winds Meet | Trailer

• Warhammer 40K: Darktide | Gameplay Trailer
    • Release Date: November 30, 2022

• Pokémon x Mini | Trailer

• Blacktail | Trailer

• Park Beyond | Trailer

• Phantom Hellcat | Trailer

• Dorf Romantik | Trailer

• The Outlast Trials | Trailer
    • Closed beta starts October 28 and ends on November 1, 2022.

• The Finals | Trailer

• Dead Island 2 | Trailer | Gameplay Reveal
    • Release Date: February 3, 2023
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Gamescom 2022 is officially underway, and as it does every year the event is kicking off with its Opening Night Live presentation, and I'll be summarizing everything shown for easy digestion and discussion. ^_^

• Everywhere | Trailer

• Dune: Awakening | Trailer

• DualSense Edge Controller | Trailer
    • High-performance, ultra-customizable controller with custom controls, changeable buttons, and more.

• The Callisto Protocol | Trailer
    • New gameplay footage showcasing enemy mutations, which occur in real-time if you fail to prevent it.
    • Release Date: December 2, 2022

• The Lords of the Fallen | Trailer

• Moving Out 2 | Trailer

• Hogwarts Legacy | Sebastian Sallow Quest Trailer

• New Tales From the Borderland | Trailer

• Dying Light 2: Blood Ties DLC | Trailer
    • Dying Light 2 is also getting a massive patch addressing a multitude of player requests and concerns.

• Tortuga: A Pirate's Tale | Trailer
    • Platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series S|X, and PC (Epic Store exclusive)

• Marauders | Trailer
    • Release Date: October 2022 (Early Access)

• Sonic Frontiers | Story Trailer
    • Release Date: November 8, 2022

• Under The Waves | Trailer
    • New game from Quantic Dream.
    • Platforms: PlayStation, Xbox, and PC

• Goat Simulator 3 | Gameplay Trailer

• Return to Monkey Island | Trailer
    • If you pre-order, you'll get free horse armor which has no use in game whatsoever.
    • Release Date: September 19, 2022
    • Platforms: Nintendo Switch and PC

• Moonbreaker | Trailer
    • New game from Unknown Worlds, the developer of Subnautica.
    • Release Date: September 29, 2022 (Early Access)

• Friends vs. Friends | Trailer

• Lies of P | Trailer
    • Souls-like Bloodborne-inspired game about Pinocchio's unrelenting journey to become human.

• Stranded: Alien Dawn | Trailer

• Atlas Fallen | Trailer
    • Platforms: PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC

• Homeworld 3 | Trailer

• Genshin Impact | Trailer

• Honkai: Star Rail | Trailer

• High on Life | Gameplay Footage

• The Expanse | Gameplay Reveal
    • New game from Telltale Games.

• Killer Klowns from Outer Space: The Game | Trailer

• Scars Above | Trailer

• Wyrdsong | Trailer
    • Being developed by Something Wicked Games, an all new studio formed from developers from the Elder Scrolls series and Fallout.

• Gotham Knights | Trailer

• Where Winds Meet | Trailer

• Warhammer 40K: Darktide | Gameplay Trailer
    • Release Date: November 30, 2022

• Pokémon x Mini | Trailer

• Blacktail | Trailer

• Park Beyond | Trailer

• Phantom Hellcat | Trailer

• Dorf Romantik | Trailer

• The Outlast Trials | Trailer
    • Closed beta starts October 28 and ends on November 1, 2022.

• The Finals | Trailer

• Dead Island 2 | Trailer | Gameplay Reveal
    • Release Date: February 3, 2023
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Lies of P and Where Winds Meet stole the opening night premieres for me. Lies of P looks fantastic. I'm just so in love with the world building and design, and it doesn't look too shabby to play either.
They put a gameplay trailer out as well for it:

[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Lies of P and Where Winds Meet stole the opening night premieres for me. Lies of P looks fantastic. I'm just so in love with the world building and design, and it doesn't look too shabby to play either.
They put a gameplay trailer out as well for it:

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Yeah, Lies of P and Where Winds Meet were both really good and surprising to see. Grin

Killer Klowns from Outer Space getting a game has to be one of the most unexpected game announcements of 2022, and I hope this one turns out well after the licensing problems that killed Friday The 13th: The Game.

I hope Dead Island 2 ends up being good, but with all the trouble the game has gone through I'm keeping expectations low on that one. If it turns out good and looks like more of the trailer I might end up getting it.

Callisto Protocol's moment was rather troubling for me though. The mutation aspect sounded like it would be really cool, but the instant an enemy mutated in the gameplay footage the player just picks them up and throws them into a blender. I don't like how you can just pick enemies up whenever you want and wish it was reserved for heavy damaged or stunned enemies, because its use in the footage made enemies feel really trivial.

Moonbreaker isn't my thing, but I appreciate the feature of painting your figurines and the space art is owo.

Sonic Frontiers needed that trailer for its reveal instead of the garbage footage we got at the time. That trailer is the best thing that's been shown from that game.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Yeah, Lies of P and Where Winds Meet were both really good and surprising to see. Grin

Killer Klowns from Outer Space getting a game has to be one of the most unexpected game announcements of 2022, and I hope this one turns out well after the licensing problems that killed Friday The 13th: The Game.

I hope Dead Island 2 ends up being good, but with all the trouble the game has gone through I'm keeping expectations low on that one. If it turns out good and looks like more of the trailer I might end up getting it.

Callisto Protocol's moment was rather troubling for me though. The mutation aspect sounded like it would be really cool, but the instant an enemy mutated in the gameplay footage the player just picks them up and throws them into a blender. I don't like how you can just pick enemies up whenever you want and wish it was reserved for heavy damaged or stunned enemies, because its use in the footage made enemies feel really trivial.

Moonbreaker isn't my thing, but I appreciate the feature of painting your figurines and the space art is owo.

Sonic Frontiers needed that trailer for its reveal instead of the garbage footage we got at the time. That trailer is the best thing that's been shown from that game.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, Sonic Frontiers really needed that new trailer, makes it look that little bit better. I just simply hope it doesn't turn out trash. I won't play it, but still.

Skimmed through this event as I wasn't aware when it was on to watch it live, and well nothing here for me personally other than the one obvious thing, but I didn't need to even watch that part anyway. Yeah there's that Dune game as I was interested and watch the most recent film, but I don't need a game based on that.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Yeah, Sonic Frontiers really needed that new trailer, makes it look that little bit better. I just simply hope it doesn't turn out trash. I won't play it, but still.

Skimmed through this event as I wasn't aware when it was on to watch it live, and well nothing here for me personally other than the one obvious thing, but I didn't need to even watch that part anyway. Yeah there's that Dune game as I was interested and watch the most recent film, but I don't need a game based on that.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 26th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The Dune game is a survival MMO so I doubt it'll be up your alley anyway.

Do you think you'd get into Star Rail at all or is Genshin enough for you from Hoyo?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 26th, 2022, 10:52 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

The Dune game is a survival MMO so I doubt it'll be up your alley anyway.

Do you think you'd get into Star Rail at all or is Genshin enough for you from Hoyo?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Aug 26th, 2022, 10:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Only Zenless Zone...might be on my radar but even that's a stretch. At the moment yes, Genshin is enough.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Aug 26th, 2022, 10:54 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Only Zenless Zone...might be on my radar but even that's a stretch. At the moment yes, Genshin is enough.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lies of P still looking as good as it did when it was first announced... was it last summer? I don't quite remember. I still have the worry that they're going to try too hard to copy Bloodborne though. Hopefully the game ends up having enough originality to stand up on its own two feet though. The one thing you don't ever want to do is try to copy Fromsoft, especially not their best game. You're going to fail and fail hard doing that.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Lies of P still looking as good as it did when it was first announced... was it last summer? I don't quite remember. I still have the worry that they're going to try too hard to copy Bloodborne though. Hopefully the game ends up having enough originality to stand up on its own two feet though. The one thing you don't ever want to do is try to copy Fromsoft, especially not their best game. You're going to fail and fail hard doing that.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you check out the gameplay trailer I posted, @Dragon Lord ? It definitely feels a lot like Bloodborne. Even the UI is reminiscent. LOL
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Did you check out the gameplay trailer I posted, @Dragon Lord ? It definitely feels a lot like Bloodborne. Even the UI is reminiscent. LOL
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345
Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm really interested to hear more about the Dualsense Edge. I just received a HexGaming Rival Pro and am really curious how different the two will be.
[Image: wrdxyKE.png]

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 4,345 Metroid Mario Kart Super Mario Bros. 
I'm really interested to hear more about the Dualsense Edge. I just received a HexGaming Rival Pro and am really curious how different the two will be.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I wonder when they'll drop more info on it. I didn't realize this was just "hey, we're making this, okay bye" thing and not "here it is, it'll cost this much and go on sale at this date!". Kinda strange for a controller Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yeah I wonder when they'll drop more info on it. I didn't realize this was just "hey, we're making this, okay bye" thing and not "here it is, it'll cost this much and go on sale at this date!". Kinda strange for a controller Hmm
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
I'm assuming because the price reveal will likely turn most people off. Tongue

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Aug 28th, 2022, 03:34 AM)Frank Wrote:
Have you used that HexGaming controller yet?

(Aug 28th, 2022, 03:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Aug 28th, 2022, 04:40 AM)Frank Wrote:
It probably also wouldn't go down well if the price is higher than most would like right on the back of PS5 price increases in most non-US markets. Might also just be a strategy to get the controller back in the news closer to launch by having new information to share that'll get people talking about it again. If all the info came out now and it doesn't release for say, another 3+ months, it likely isn't going to be talked about much within even half of that time, especially when the controller got announced during Gamescom so it has to fight a ton of other stuff for the spotlight. Better to just do some now and then grab attention again when it starts to fade from the public consciousness and doesn't have to go up against a ton of other news and announcements.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

(Aug 28th, 2022, 03:48 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
(Aug 28th, 2022, 04:40 AM)Frank Wrote:
It probably also wouldn't go down well if the price is higher than most would like right on the back of PS5 price increases in most non-US markets. Might also just be a strategy to get the controller back in the news closer to launch by having new information to share that'll get people talking about it again. If all the info came out now and it doesn't release for say, another 3+ months, it likely isn't going to be talked about much within even half of that time, especially when the controller got announced during Gamescom so it has to fight a ton of other stuff for the spotlight. Better to just do some now and then grab attention again when it starts to fade from the public consciousness and doesn't have to go up against a ton of other news and announcements.
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Aug 29th, 2022, 08:23 PM)Moonface Wrote:

Yes I have actually. Quite a bit! I'll share the review with you when I finish it. I'm very torn right now, because I do really like it, but the $280USD pricetag is a big big pill to swallow.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him

Yes I have actually. Quite a bit! I'll share the review with you when I finish it. I'm very torn right now, because I do really like it, but the $280USD pricetag is a big big pill to swallow.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Sep 12th, 2022, 12:06 AM)Frank Wrote:

Holy shit that's expensive! No matter how good it is I can see how that price can make it hard to justify purchasing when that can translate to a lot of other gaming things that will give you more bang for your buck. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Holy shit that's expensive! No matter how good it is I can see how that price can make it hard to justify purchasing when that can translate to a lot of other gaming things that will give you more bang for your buck. Gasp
Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 13th, 2022, 09:36 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I really like it. In fact, it has become my #1 controller for PS5 FPS gaming. That said, I need to word my review carefully. I don't want to say it's "not worth it" because It may very well be worth it to those involved in eSports and competitive gaming. My personal use case it's not worth the price of admission, but that doesn't mean I'm not really enjoying the controller.

Frank Offline
The "Golden" One
Favourite Platform(s)
Nintendo
Pronouns
He/Him
(Sep 13th, 2022, 09:36 AM)Moonface Wrote:

Don't get me wrong, I really like it. In fact, it has become my #1 controller for PS5 FPS gaming. That said, I need to word my review carefully. I don't want to say it's "not worth it" because It may very well be worth it to those involved in eSports and competitive gaming. My personal use case it's not worth the price of admission, but that doesn't mean I'm not really enjoying the controller.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Live Action Zelda Movie in Development Moonface 9 572 Nov 17th, 2023, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Gamescom 2023 | Day 1 Summary Moonface 1 335 Aug 24th, 2023, 08:23 PM
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,717 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
  Nintendo Direct - September 13, 2022 Moonface 8 1,604 Sep 17th, 2022, 08:36 PM
  E3 2022 Cancelled; Do You Think E3 Is Finished? Moonface 8 1,878 Jul 14th, 2022, 05:11 PM