Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
And what did you think of it?

Mine was:

Mossflower by Brian Jacques.

I love Redwall... a lot, but I always had a bit of an issue with the earlier books in the series, as I don't think they quite manage to grab you in the same way. This one felt exactly like it, with a lot of promise but just not enough delivery to go along with it.

Still, I enjoyed it a ton. It's a nice change of pace -and quite refreshing at that, too- from Matthias's mishaps on the first book (which I think comes AFTER Mossflower -at least story-wise-).

I have been hearing a lot of great things about Outcast of Redwall, so it's probably next for me.

What about you?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
And what did you think of it?

Mine was:

Mossflower by Brian Jacques.

I love Redwall... a lot, but I always had a bit of an issue with the earlier books in the series, as I don't think they quite manage to grab you in the same way. This one felt exactly like it, with a lot of promise but just not enough delivery to go along with it.

Still, I enjoyed it a ton. It's a nice change of pace -and quite refreshing at that, too- from Matthias's mishaps on the first book (which I think comes AFTER Mossflower -at least story-wise-).

I have been hearing a lot of great things about Outcast of Redwall, so it's probably next for me.

What about you?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This isn't exactly last read, but I have three on-going at the moment.

Rise Of The Shield Hero Novel, Volume 3...or 2. I forgot which, but own both.
The Belgariad: Enchanter's End Game (Book 5), by David Eddings
Path to Ascendancy: Dancer's Lament (Book 1), by Ian C. Esselmont

And for the sake of it, the Haruhi Suzumiya series, which I'm reading the novels of. Can't remember which one I'm on, I think The Intrigues was the last one I read. I'm way behind. Think I have The Indignation, but am yet to read if I do. All of these are on hold (Haruhi been the longest), although the first three are most recent and I open up when I get the chance/will to read. XD 

The Belgariad is a really good fantasy series, read the first four books. Got the sequel set of The Malloreon, plus Belgarath the Sorcerer and the Rivan Codex to read. Need to buy Polgara the Sorceress book and the ones I don't own in The Malloreon. Funny how Eddings refused to have a movie made of this, but I'm glad he did in a way. Saves anyone butchering it, or turning it into a cash cow. Plus the reasons he decided on. XD (can't remember off the top of my head, but did read about it somewhere)

For A Path to Ascendancy, the trilogy is a prequel to a six book series which I have not read yet. So I chose to start from the prequel as I could do. Gives me the full suspense experience, instead of reading about a character who'll survive these three books. XD Who knows though, perhaps what I've read so far, none of the characters introduced will live. I am a fair bit in now. Anyway, this is also a fantasy and am enjoying it just like The Belgariad.  =3

Actually did complete Top Gear's How To Parachute Into A Moving Car a while ago. A humorous read, much akin to how they were on the show really. Some sections were from there too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
This isn't exactly last read, but I have three on-going at the moment.

Rise Of The Shield Hero Novel, Volume 3...or 2. I forgot which, but own both.
The Belgariad: Enchanter's End Game (Book 5), by David Eddings
Path to Ascendancy: Dancer's Lament (Book 1), by Ian C. Esselmont

And for the sake of it, the Haruhi Suzumiya series, which I'm reading the novels of. Can't remember which one I'm on, I think The Intrigues was the last one I read. I'm way behind. Think I have The Indignation, but am yet to read if I do. All of these are on hold (Haruhi been the longest), although the first three are most recent and I open up when I get the chance/will to read. XD 

The Belgariad is a really good fantasy series, read the first four books. Got the sequel set of The Malloreon, plus Belgarath the Sorcerer and the Rivan Codex to read. Need to buy Polgara the Sorceress book and the ones I don't own in The Malloreon. Funny how Eddings refused to have a movie made of this, but I'm glad he did in a way. Saves anyone butchering it, or turning it into a cash cow. Plus the reasons he decided on. XD (can't remember off the top of my head, but did read about it somewhere)

For A Path to Ascendancy, the trilogy is a prequel to a six book series which I have not read yet. So I chose to start from the prequel as I could do. Gives me the full suspense experience, instead of reading about a character who'll survive these three books. XD Who knows though, perhaps what I've read so far, none of the characters introduced will live. I am a fair bit in now. Anyway, this is also a fantasy and am enjoying it just like The Belgariad.  =3

Actually did complete Top Gear's How To Parachute Into A Moving Car a while ago. A humorous read, much akin to how they were on the show really. Some sections were from there too.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Currently going thru all the books on Terry Pratchett's bibliography... slowly but surely.

And also thru the Maximum Carnage collection of the Spider-Man comic books.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Currently going thru all the books on Terry Pratchett's bibliography... slowly but surely.

And also thru the Maximum Carnage collection of the Spider-Man comic books.
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
I have never been a big books reader (which is kind of ironic considering that for like 10 years I have been working as a proofreader), but recently I'm reading two books, or rather a manga and a light novel. They are The Promised Neverland (manga) and Sword Art Online (novel).
Nemomon Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Hollow Knight
Favourite Platform(s)
NES
XP: 2,285
I have never been a big books reader (which is kind of ironic considering that for like 10 years I have been working as a proofreader), but recently I'm reading two books, or rather a manga and a light novel. They are The Promised Neverland (manga) and Sword Art Online (novel).
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I never really cared for books much but "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" and "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom are my favorites (and the last two I read).
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
I never really cared for books much but "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" and "For One More Day" by Mitch Albom are my favorites (and the last two I read).
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
I hate reading so I can't even remember. Probably something that was assigned to me way back in high school.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
I hate reading so I can't even remember. Probably something that was assigned to me way back in high school.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I used to hate reading when I was in that transitional period in my youth. When reading wasn't "cool", necessarily. My reading scores and such suffered as a result. Then I began reading fanfiction, and now I've come back around on reading full on novels.

Wanting to dig my claws into reading "The Devil is A Part Timer!" light novels cuz those were absolutely fucking hilariously written.

[Image: 51lhXwCWr2L.jpg]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I used to hate reading when I was in that transitional period in my youth. When reading wasn't "cool", necessarily. My reading scores and such suffered as a result. Then I began reading fanfiction, and now I've come back around on reading full on novels.

Wanting to dig my claws into reading "The Devil is A Part Timer!" light novels cuz those were absolutely fucking hilariously written.

[Image: 51lhXwCWr2L.jpg]