Hades (Series) | Hades II Early Access Announcement
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Supergiant Games
Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows
Release Date: TBA

Hades is a rogue-like dungeon crawler from the creators of Bastion and Transistor, in which you defy the god of death as you hack and slash your way out of the Underworld of Greek myth.

It’s never the same experience twice: Each time you play, you’ll combine the divine might of various Olympian gods with your own, brave nefarious new challenges, and unravel more of the story featuring our award-winning art, audio, and narrative.

Now available in Early Access, Hades is a living game in active development: Expect regular updates introducing new features, events, characters, weapons, powers, environments, and more.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Developer: Supergiant Games
Platforms: Playstation 4, Xbox One, Windows
Release Date: TBA

Hades is a rogue-like dungeon crawler from the creators of Bastion and Transistor, in which you defy the god of death as you hack and slash your way out of the Underworld of Greek myth.

It’s never the same experience twice: Each time you play, you’ll combine the divine might of various Olympian gods with your own, brave nefarious new challenges, and unravel more of the story featuring our award-winning art, audio, and narrative.

Now available in Early Access, Hades is a living game in active development: Expect regular updates introducing new features, events, characters, weapons, powers, environments, and more.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This game was probably one of my most hype announcements of the night. Following Greg Kassavin on Twitter, I've been wondering what their next game they've been working on is, and seeing it finally realized is amazing! It looks like a really good Supergiant game and I'm all in on that. The concept is also very much up my alley so there's that too Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
This game was probably one of my most hype announcements of the night. Following Greg Kassavin on Twitter, I've been wondering what their next game they've been working on is, and seeing it finally realized is amazing! It looks like a really good Supergiant game and I'm all in on that. The concept is also very much up my alley so there's that too Grin
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
There's an early access release on Epic Games website for this title those interested, but it'll cost you $19.99. Hades (early access pc vers.)
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
There's an early access release on Epic Games website for this title those interested, but it'll cost you $19.99. Hades (early access pc vers.)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got this game and played it tonight, and it is very good so far. I haven't managed to get much further than the second boss but at least this game feels fair when you die.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I just got this game and played it tonight, and it is very good so far. I haven't managed to get much further than the second boss but at least this game feels fair when you die.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't played the game myself yet, but I watched Bahroo play it a while back and it looked pretty fun. Not 100% sure if it's a game I'll ever pick up, but I would consider it after I get an actual gaming PC.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't played the game myself yet, but I watched Bahroo play it a while back and it looked pretty fun. Not 100% sure if it's a game I'll ever pick up, but I would consider it after I get an actual gaming PC.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can get it for Switch, DL. It runs amazingly smooth on there from what I can tell, and Moony can attest better to that since he's been playing.

I would like to play it myself some day. I love Supergiant Games, well, games, and this does not look like it disappoints.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
You can get it for Switch, DL. It runs amazingly smooth on there from what I can tell, and Moony can attest better to that since he's been playing.

I would like to play it myself some day. I love Supergiant Games, well, games, and this does not look like it disappoints.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 5th, 2020, 05:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It runs absolutely fine on Switch and I don't see how it could look much better either except for possibly some degree of crisper detail, but I don't find the detailing already to look like it could be better. I'd say the one advantage it has on Switch (or any console really) is that you could pause a run and put the system to sleep, whereas on PC you'd basically have to end the run unless you can leave the game open until you come back to it. Most runs in Hades for me can take over 40 minutes, and it's nice to sometimes just be able to suspend a run using sleep mode when I want to do something else or take a break rather than be forced to quit the run. Of course I can't play another game on the Switch when I do that, but if you don't think you'd always be stopping a run to play something else on the same system then that wouldn't really be an issue.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Nov 5th, 2020, 05:27 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It runs absolutely fine on Switch and I don't see how it could look much better either except for possibly some degree of crisper detail, but I don't find the detailing already to look like it could be better. I'd say the one advantage it has on Switch (or any console really) is that you could pause a run and put the system to sleep, whereas on PC you'd basically have to end the run unless you can leave the game open until you come back to it. Most runs in Hades for me can take over 40 minutes, and it's nice to sometimes just be able to suspend a run using sleep mode when I want to do something else or take a break rather than be forced to quit the run. Of course I can't play another game on the Switch when I do that, but if you don't think you'd always be stopping a run to play something else on the same system then that wouldn't really be an issue.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I know it's on Switch, but I only use the Switch for exclusive games, so I don't have much interest in picking up Hades on it. I'm always PS4 > PC > Switch. Especially since I like the added layer of fun that trophies/achievements add, so I'm always going to pick as PC port over a Switch port.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Yeah, I know it's on Switch, but I only use the Switch for exclusive games, so I don't have much interest in picking up Hades on it. I'm always PS4 > PC > Switch. Especially since I like the added layer of fun that trophies/achievements add, so I'm always going to pick as PC port over a Switch port.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, do your typical double dip. It'll be worth it, imo
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Eh, do your typical double dip. It'll be worth it, imo
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hades 2 Announced
SuperGiant Games have announced a sequel to their hit game, Hades, during tonight's The Game Awards show. This will mark the first time the studio has made a sequel to any of their games.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hades 2 Announced
SuperGiant Games have announced a sequel to their hit game, Hades, during tonight's The Game Awards show. This will mark the first time the studio has made a sequel to any of their games.

ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yooo let's fucking go, man. Seems to be Zag's sister? Hades & Persephone had another child after reuniting perhaps?

Either way, new gods, boons, perhaps even a new mechanic (I saw Magick being a thing) makes this super cool. First time Supergiant's ever done a sequel before.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
Yooo let's fucking go, man. Seems to be Zag's sister? Hades & Persephone had another child after reuniting perhaps?

Either way, new gods, boons, perhaps even a new mechanic (I saw Magick being a thing) makes this super cool. First time Supergiant's ever done a sequel before.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 9th, 2022, 06:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

In Greek mythology, Melinoë is the sister of Zagreus, with both of them being parented by Zeus and Persephone. Considering that the first game changed the mythology to make Zagreus the child of Hades and Persephone, I could see Hades 2 giving the same treatment to Melinoë. The games FAQ page seems to indicate this will be the case, since Melinoë "is based on an ancient Underworld deity thought to be related to Hades. What little ancient mythology exists about her was more than enough to make [Supergiant] want to explore her story and connection to her family, and in so doing, expand on [their] vision of the Underworld." It also covers whatever gameplay details Supergiant wants to share for now about the game.

I think what's really neat is that according to Wikipedia, the terms in which Melinoë is described are typical of moon goddesses in Greek poetry, and the first thing we see in the Hades 2 trailer is the moon. Gasp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 9th, 2022, 06:39 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

In Greek mythology, Melinoë is the sister of Zagreus, with both of them being parented by Zeus and Persephone. Considering that the first game changed the mythology to make Zagreus the child of Hades and Persephone, I could see Hades 2 giving the same treatment to Melinoë. The games FAQ page seems to indicate this will be the case, since Melinoë "is based on an ancient Underworld deity thought to be related to Hades. What little ancient mythology exists about her was more than enough to make [Supergiant] want to explore her story and connection to her family, and in so doing, expand on [their] vision of the Underworld." It also covers whatever gameplay details Supergiant wants to share for now about the game.

I think what's really neat is that according to Wikipedia, the terms in which Melinoë is described are typical of moon goddesses in Greek poetry, and the first thing we see in the Hades 2 trailer is the moon. Gasp
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
...there really wasn't any woman (or creature) that could not avoid Zeus' sexual advances, huh?

Still, loving this and want to learn much more about her. Super neat.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
...there really wasn't any woman (or creature) that could not avoid Zeus' sexual advances, huh?

Still, loving this and want to learn much more about her. Super neat.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2022, 04:35 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I don't think anyone in Greek mythology avoided anything to do with sex since I always get the feeling the bastards were obsessed with the stuff. ROFL

As for things I'd like to see from the sequel that could be improvements to the first game, I'd like the "bounty" system to be tweaked slightly. I was never a fan of how you can only increase a weapons bounty level by 1 point at a time, regardless of the heat level you play on. If I'm capable of beating a run with a weapon on a heat level higher than what the current bounty the weapon has requires, then just give me all the rewards. There's no decent incentive to playing on Heat 20 for a weapon only requiring Heat 11, and it just feels like a poor way to artificially inflate the number of runs a player needs to do to increase weapon levels.

Another change that isn't something I think the sequel has to have but could potentially be nice is having a few different boss options per floor. Despite the fact that each room leading up to a boss will be a variant of some type that you'll have eventually seen before, I like that you can never know 100% what sort of challenge lies behind each door, similar to games like The Binding of Isaac. Boss fights on the other hand are always the exact same option, and it could be nice to have some variations to what you can encounter, even if it has to be something as simple as differing arena layouts.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Dec 12th, 2022, 04:35 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
I don't think anyone in Greek mythology avoided anything to do with sex since I always get the feeling the bastards were obsessed with the stuff. ROFL

As for things I'd like to see from the sequel that could be improvements to the first game, I'd like the "bounty" system to be tweaked slightly. I was never a fan of how you can only increase a weapons bounty level by 1 point at a time, regardless of the heat level you play on. If I'm capable of beating a run with a weapon on a heat level higher than what the current bounty the weapon has requires, then just give me all the rewards. There's no decent incentive to playing on Heat 20 for a weapon only requiring Heat 11, and it just feels like a poor way to artificially inflate the number of runs a player needs to do to increase weapon levels.

Another change that isn't something I think the sequel has to have but could potentially be nice is having a few different boss options per floor. Despite the fact that each room leading up to a boss will be a variant of some type that you'll have eventually seen before, I like that you can never know 100% what sort of challenge lies behind each door, similar to games like The Binding of Isaac. Boss fights on the other hand are always the exact same option, and it could be nice to have some variations to what you can encounter, even if it has to be something as simple as differing arena layouts.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hades II | Early Access Launches in 2024
Supergiant Games have released a new development post about Hades II, announcing that the game will launch as an Early Access title in Q2 2024, among other things: https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/had...nt-update/

Hades II will launch with as much content in its Early Access version as there was in the Early Access version of Hades. Close to this same time, further details will be shared about pricing, release date, and hardware requirements.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Hades II | Early Access Launches in 2024
Supergiant Games have released a new development post about Hades II, announcing that the game will launch as an Early Access title in Q2 2024, among other things: https://www.supergiantgames.com/blog/had...nt-update/

Hades II will launch with as much content in its Early Access version as there was in the Early Access version of Hades. Close to this same time, further details will be shared about pricing, release date, and hardware requirements.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dragon's Dogma (Series) Moonface 113 11,919 Mar 26th, 2024, 01:41 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Pokémon (Series) | Feb. 27 Presents Summary Moonface 99 25,970 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Early Access: PalWorld | Early Access Roadmap queenzelda 39 1,947 Mar 18th, 2024, 04:47 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  Paper Mario (Series) | TTYD Remaster Announced Moonface 22 8,449 Mar 12th, 2024, 10:56 AM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Persona (Series) | P3R Episode Aigis – The Answer Revealed Moonface 19 1,270 Mar 9th, 2024, 03:57 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord