Video Game Scavenger Hunt - Horror Villains Edition
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
VIDEO-GAME SCAVENGER HUNT - HORROR VILLAINS EDITION

It's time for another scavenger hunt! If you're not familiar with the concept, you just need to search for an image of what I specify and locate it within a video-game. How you locate what I specify affects the amount of points you receive.

Providing Images
  • If your video-game image is one you found online, you will receive 2 points.
  • If your video-game image is one you provide yourself, you will receive 3 points. To prove the image is yours, your photo must have something Universal Gaming related displayed within it, i.e. holding a piece of paper with UG's name on it, having your monitor in shot with UG open in your browser, etc.
  • At times there may also be bonus points available for certain images. These will be specified alongside the term of what we want you to locate.
  • Providing an image for a term after the next one has been listed will result in earning less points for being slow. Tongue
  • If you provide an image you used in a previous Video-Game Scavenger Hunt, you will earn less points.
  • IMPORTANT! I will not accept submissions that use a video game version of the iconic horror villain that is specified. For example, if the prompt is "Hockey Mask" (a reference to Jason Voorhees), I will not accept images of Jason Voorhees from any video game. However, if a character is wearing an outfit that references Jason Voorhees, that will be allowed. In other words, cosplay/references = good, actual character itself = bad.
As always, you can ask me any questions you have on things you may not understand or be wondering about. ^_^

Now with that out of the way, here is the first thing I want you to find an image of:

Hooded Cloak
Horror Villain Reference: Ghostface
Bonus Point: It's black.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,538 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
U N I V E R S A L G A M I N G ' S
VIDEO-GAME SCAVENGER HUNT - HORROR VILLAINS EDITION

It's time for another scavenger hunt! If you're not familiar with the concept, you just need to search for an image of what I specify and locate it within a video-game. How you locate what I specify affects the amount of points you receive.

Providing Images
  • If your video-game image is one you found online, you will receive 2 points.
  • If your video-game image is one you provide yourself, you will receive 3 points. To prove the image is yours, your photo must have something Universal Gaming related displayed within it, i.e. holding a piece of paper with UG's name on it, having your monitor in shot with UG open in your browser, etc.
  • At times there may also be bonus points available for certain images. These will be specified alongside the term of what we want you to locate.
  • Providing an image for a term after the next one has been listed will result in earning less points for being slow. Tongue
  • If you provide an image you used in a previous Video-Game Scavenger Hunt, you will earn less points.
  • IMPORTANT! I will not accept submissions that use a video game version of the iconic horror villain that is specified. For example, if the prompt is "Hockey Mask" (a reference to Jason Voorhees), I will not accept images of Jason Voorhees from any video game. However, if a character is wearing an outfit that references Jason Voorhees, that will be allowed. In other words, cosplay/references = good, actual character itself = bad.
As always, you can ask me any questions you have on things you may not understand or be wondering about. ^_^

Now with that out of the way, here is the first thing I want you to find an image of:

Hooded Cloak
Horror Villain Reference: Ghostface
Bonus Point: It's black.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's my entry for Hooded Cloak: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1XOhYNQGTH0/maxresdefault.jpg
I would've tried to get a screenshot from my copy of BoI but I'm not spending who knows how long praying to RNGesus to give me the item. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's my entry for Hooded Cloak: https://i.ytimg.com/vi/1XOhYNQGTH0/maxresdefault.jpg
I would've tried to get a screenshot from my copy of BoI but I'm not spending who knows how long praying to RNGesus to give me the item. Tongue
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here's the next thing to find!

Claws
Horror Villain Reference: Freddy Kreuger
Bonus Point: They're part of someone's hand (worn as a glove, natural body feature, etc.).

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Claws
Horror Villain Reference: Freddy Kreuger
Bonus Point: They're part of someone's hand (worn as a glove, natural body feature, etc.).
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know of the ones I want to use, but I have to try and take my own screenshot...and for claws a photo because there are none, except official art. I'm wondering if I even have the character unlocked to do it.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I know of the ones I want to use, but I have to try and take my own screenshot...and for claws a photo because there are none, except official art. I'm wondering if I even have the character unlocked to do it.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 28th, 2022, 08:27 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If there's no screenshots but that character appears in a game with the claws I would suggest finding a YouTube video and just grabbing a screenshot from it yourself.
Also when it comes to your own images, a photo of your TV works if the system in use lacks a screenshot feature (such as older consoles) or it's just easier to take a photo. As long as I can make out what I need to I don't really care what the quality is. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 28th, 2022, 08:27 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
If there's no screenshots but that character appears in a game with the claws I would suggest finding a YouTube video and just grabbing a screenshot from it yourself.
Also when it comes to your own images, a photo of your TV works if the system in use lacks a screenshot feature (such as older consoles) or it's just easier to take a photo. As long as I can make out what I need to I don't really care what the quality is. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hooded Cloak: The legend himself

Claws: Mumkhar from Xenoblade
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Hooded Cloak: The legend himself

Claws: Mumkhar from Xenoblade
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Red Balloon
Horror Villain Reference: Pennywise (It)
Bonus Point: The balloon is being held by someone.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Red Balloon
Horror Villain Reference: Pennywise (It)
Bonus Point: The balloon is being held by someone.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
OK these aren't by myself, took the claws from a YouTube video like Moony suggested and did find a screenshot, although I at least know it is a screenshot from the game. The balloon one I can't think of a character holding a red balloon, so settled with something else.

Hooded Cloak (screenshot not mine)
Claws (the claws are real for the character)
Red Balloon
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
OK these aren't by myself, took the claws from a YouTube video like Moony suggested and did find a screenshot, although I at least know it is a screenshot from the game. The balloon one I can't think of a character holding a red balloon, so settled with something else.

Hooded Cloak (screenshot not mine)
Claws (the claws are real for the character)
Red Balloon
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Doll
Horror Villain Reference: Chucky
Bonus Point: The doll is dangerous/can kill you.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him

Doll
Horror Villain Reference: Chucky
Bonus Point: The doll is dangerous/can kill you.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here are my images since I fell behind on filling my own prompts. XD

Also @Mr EliteL two of your image links are dead. Wikia images can't be directly linked so try linking the page that contains the image (when you click it, copy the link that comes up in the address bar while in the in-site image viewer)

Actually since it's been a few days, here's another prompt for those who are still doing this:

Bolts
Horror Villain Reference: Frankenstein
Bonus Point: They're electrified.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Here are my images since I fell behind on filling my own prompts. XD

Also @Mr EliteL two of your image links are dead. Wikia images can't be directly linked so try linking the page that contains the image (when you click it, copy the link that comes up in the address bar while in the in-site image viewer)

Actually since it's been a few days, here's another prompt for those who are still doing this:

Bolts
Horror Villain Reference: Frankenstein
Bonus Point: They're electrified.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We got:

ZOOOOOOOOS (Bolt)
Angie (Doll)
A 'Loon (Red Balloon)
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
We got:

ZOOOOOOOOS (Bolt)
Angie (Doll)
A 'Loon (Red Balloon)
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Fixed and changed the two links that were broken. Stuck on Dolls and Bolts...
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Fixed and changed the two links that were broken. Stuck on Dolls and Bolts...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video Game Caption Contest #95 Moonface 5 185 Mar 14th, 2024, 05:54 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Video Game Caption Contest #94 Moonface 6 314 Jan 22nd, 2024, 11:46 PM
  Video Game Caption Contest #93 Moonface 4 383 Nov 24th, 2023, 12:32 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Video Game Caption Contest #92 Moonface 3 428 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:01 AM
  Video Game Scavenger Hunt - Summer Party Edition Moonface 4 638 Sep 7th, 2023, 09:33 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL