Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Seems it's that time of year again for those who use Spotify, but for anyone who doesn't feel free to share whatever lists the music service you use might provide for your year in listening or just share what music you've found yourself listening to a lot, discovered, or whatever else. Smile

Here's my wrapped:
  • Minutes Listened To: 11,776
  • Genres: 23
  • Top Genres: Rock, Alternative Metal, Pop Punk, Modern Rock, and J-Pop
  • Apparently Pittsburgh, USA is the one place on the planet where people are more likely to be fans of a lot of what I listened to in 2023, which was Tool, Fall Out Boy, and Deftones.
  • Total Songs: 655
  • Favorite Song: Forty Six & 2 by Tool
  • Top Songs: Forty Six & 2 by Tool, Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu, Sorry by Nothing But Thieves, Sulfur by Slipknot, and Metalingus by Alter Bridge
  • Peak Day: March 31 at 145 minutes
  • Top 29% of listeners worldwide
  • Total Artists: 180
  • Top Artist: Tool (Top 3% listener, 1,076 minutes total)
  • Top Artists w/ Peak Listening Month: Tool (March), Fall Out Boy (May), Linkin Park (April), Deftones (October), Kings of Leon (October)
I wonder how different these would be if Spotify actually made a decent shuffle feature instead of the shit system they use now where it insists half my library just doesn't exist for weeks at a time. Errm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Seems it's that time of year again for those who use Spotify, but for anyone who doesn't feel free to share whatever lists the music service you use might provide for your year in listening or just share what music you've found yourself listening to a lot, discovered, or whatever else. Smile

Here's my wrapped:
  • Minutes Listened To: 11,776
  • Genres: 23
  • Top Genres: Rock, Alternative Metal, Pop Punk, Modern Rock, and J-Pop
  • Apparently Pittsburgh, USA is the one place on the planet where people are more likely to be fans of a lot of what I listened to in 2023, which was Tool, Fall Out Boy, and Deftones.
  • Total Songs: 655
  • Favorite Song: Forty Six & 2 by Tool
  • Top Songs: Forty Six & 2 by Tool, Right Side of the Bed by Atreyu, Sorry by Nothing But Thieves, Sulfur by Slipknot, and Metalingus by Alter Bridge
  • Peak Day: March 31 at 145 minutes
  • Top 29% of listeners worldwide
  • Total Artists: 180
  • Top Artist: Tool (Top 3% listener, 1,076 minutes total)
  • Top Artists w/ Peak Listening Month: Tool (March), Fall Out Boy (May), Linkin Park (April), Deftones (October), Kings of Leon (October)
I wonder how different these would be if Spotify actually made a decent shuffle feature instead of the shit system they use now where it insists half my library just doesn't exist for weeks at a time. Errm
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Time to go to Pittsburgh with a giant speaker/player on your shoulder and start blaring them songs out, eh? *shot*

As I do not use Spotify I'll do my own way as usual although I have to ponder a bit on what my placings are, I think I can get top and second easily. Hmm.
The only thing I wish I had was the amount of time I listened to music. XD

Artists

1. Seventh Wonder
2. Ad Infinitum
3. Kamelot
4. Light The Torch
5. Celldweller/Amaranthe

Huh didn't take as long as I thought I would. Similar-ish to past lists, although it's probably bound to be anyway.
Both Seventh Wonder and Ad Infinitum released a new album earlier this year so those have been an easy go-to just for that. I usually listen to any of my Kamelot albums anyway but a bit more so this year I guess than the rest. Oh, and I finally listened to Shadow Theory that I just hadn't for the years I've had plus the new album The Awakening, but those two just don't compare to the earlier albums anyway.
Light The Torch's two albums Revival plus You Will Be The Death Of Me are easy to just get into (for me), although I just acquired two earlier albums of theirs, one I don't particularly like, but I gave it a full listen anyway but it doesn't hurt the two I do enjoy. I've yet to listen to the second acquired album though, because I only just ordered it. Been listening to Celldweller's End of an Empire quite a bit, and other stuff so that just snags the final spot I feel, although Amaranthe possibly could've gotten 5th too...I'll actually add it too.

Songs

1. I Carry The Blame - Seventh Wonder
2. Eternal Rains - Ad Infinitum
3. III Ways To Epica - Kamelot
4. Line of Fire - Heartwind
5. The Great Divide - Light The Torch

All of the songs are in a playlist on my mp3, 3-5 could be any of the others in this playlist but I repeatedly played 1 & 2 a lot since I got the albums and were my favourites from that with I Carry The Blame possibly being my favourite Seventh Wonder song, but I really shouldn't count out the 30-minute epic that is The Great Escape. III Ways To Epica I feel takes 3rd purely for my recent flex to listen to it over and over to some random YouTube comment and that I listen to the song in the playlist plus it's respective album too anyway. 4 and 5 were probably played more than the rest in my playlist.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Time to go to Pittsburgh with a giant speaker/player on your shoulder and start blaring them songs out, eh? *shot*

As I do not use Spotify I'll do my own way as usual although I have to ponder a bit on what my placings are, I think I can get top and second easily. Hmm.
The only thing I wish I had was the amount of time I listened to music. XD

Artists

1. Seventh Wonder
2. Ad Infinitum
3. Kamelot
4. Light The Torch
5. Celldweller/Amaranthe

Huh didn't take as long as I thought I would. Similar-ish to past lists, although it's probably bound to be anyway.
Both Seventh Wonder and Ad Infinitum released a new album earlier this year so those have been an easy go-to just for that. I usually listen to any of my Kamelot albums anyway but a bit more so this year I guess than the rest. Oh, and I finally listened to Shadow Theory that I just hadn't for the years I've had plus the new album The Awakening, but those two just don't compare to the earlier albums anyway.
Light The Torch's two albums Revival plus You Will Be The Death Of Me are easy to just get into (for me), although I just acquired two earlier albums of theirs, one I don't particularly like, but I gave it a full listen anyway but it doesn't hurt the two I do enjoy. I've yet to listen to the second acquired album though, because I only just ordered it. Been listening to Celldweller's End of an Empire quite a bit, and other stuff so that just snags the final spot I feel, although Amaranthe possibly could've gotten 5th too...I'll actually add it too.

Songs

1. I Carry The Blame - Seventh Wonder
2. Eternal Rains - Ad Infinitum
3. III Ways To Epica - Kamelot
4. Line of Fire - Heartwind
5. The Great Divide - Light The Torch

All of the songs are in a playlist on my mp3, 3-5 could be any of the others in this playlist but I repeatedly played 1 & 2 a lot since I got the albums and were my favourites from that with I Carry The Blame possibly being my favourite Seventh Wonder song, but I really shouldn't count out the 30-minute epic that is The Great Escape. III Ways To Epica I feel takes 3rd purely for my recent flex to listen to it over and over to some random YouTube comment and that I listen to the song in the playlist plus it's respective album too anyway. 4 and 5 were probably played more than the rest in my playlist.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you discover any new music at all this year @Mr EliteL or were any new songs just ones from artists you already listen to but hadn't heard those songs yet?

I was curious how many songs I added to my library this year and how many were completely new discoveries, which Spotify Wrapped doesn't cover but fortunately my library can show me when I added each song into it.

Total Songs Added in 2023: 25
Songs Added:
  1. Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell
  2. Heaven, Iowa - Fall Out Boy
  3. What a Time To Be Alive - Fall Out Boy
  4. I Miss You - blink-182
  5. Down - blink-182
  6. First Date - blink-182
  7. Stay Together For The Kids - blink-182
  8. The Rock Show - blink-182
  9. Love From The Other Side - Fall Out Boy
  10. Hold Me Like a Grudge - Fall Out Boy
  11. Fake Out - Fall Out Boy
  12. So Much (For) Stardust - Fall Out Boy
  13. Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon
  14. Empire (Let Them Sing) - Bring Me The Horizon
  15. Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon
  16. Shadow Moses - Bring Me The Horizon
  17. Drown - Bring Me The Horizon
  18. Happy Song - Bring Me The Horizon
  19. I Touch Myself (Handz Up Club Mix) - Jan Wayne, Scarlet
  20. What's My Age Again? - blink-182
  21. Under the Influence - Citizen King
  22. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
  23. Nine Thou (Grant Mohrman Superstars Remix) - Styles Of Beyond
  24. Dark Passage (avocado) - Stewart Copeland
  25. Movies - Alien Ant Farm
Total New Artists: 1

So the only new artist I discovered this year was Bring Me The Horizon, who I had heard of but just never listened to before. I heard them perform live as an opening act for Fall Out Boy when I saw them live earlier this year and really liked a lot of the songs, so that whole section of songs 9-18 are all additions done after seeing that show. The batch of blink-182 songs is just from me remembering they exist and adding songs of theirs I like into my library, and others are all songs I knew of but hadn't added to my library yet for whatever reasons.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,671 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Did you discover any new music at all this year @Mr EliteL or were any new songs just ones from artists you already listen to but hadn't heard those songs yet?

I was curious how many songs I added to my library this year and how many were completely new discoveries, which Spotify Wrapped doesn't cover but fortunately my library can show me when I added each song into it.

Total Songs Added in 2023: 25
Songs Added:
  1. Snake Eater - Cynthia Harrell
  2. Heaven, Iowa - Fall Out Boy
  3. What a Time To Be Alive - Fall Out Boy
  4. I Miss You - blink-182
  5. Down - blink-182
  6. First Date - blink-182
  7. Stay Together For The Kids - blink-182
  8. The Rock Show - blink-182
  9. Love From The Other Side - Fall Out Boy
  10. Hold Me Like a Grudge - Fall Out Boy
  11. Fake Out - Fall Out Boy
  12. So Much (For) Stardust - Fall Out Boy
  13. Can You Feel My Heart - Bring Me The Horizon
  14. Empire (Let Them Sing) - Bring Me The Horizon
  15. Sleepwalking - Bring Me The Horizon
  16. Shadow Moses - Bring Me The Horizon
  17. Drown - Bring Me The Horizon
  18. Happy Song - Bring Me The Horizon
  19. I Touch Myself (Handz Up Club Mix) - Jan Wayne, Scarlet
  20. What's My Age Again? - blink-182
  21. Under the Influence - Citizen King
  22. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
  23. Nine Thou (Grant Mohrman Superstars Remix) - Styles Of Beyond
  24. Dark Passage (avocado) - Stewart Copeland
  25. Movies - Alien Ant Farm
Total New Artists: 1

So the only new artist I discovered this year was Bring Me The Horizon, who I had heard of but just never listened to before. I heard them perform live as an opening act for Fall Out Boy when I saw them live earlier this year and really liked a lot of the songs, so that whole section of songs 9-18 are all additions done after seeing that show. The batch of blink-182 songs is just from me remembering they exist and adding songs of theirs I like into my library, and others are all songs I knew of but hadn't added to my library yet for whatever reasons.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mostly new music by the groups I follow, although you reminded me there was one I hadn't known about before when I first heard it round my friend's but I've forgotten what it was, I should've made a note of it. Doh There's been other stuff but they were not good enough for me to buy for myself or listen to a lot, nowhere near the level of what I already usually listen to.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mostly new music by the groups I follow, although you reminded me there was one I hadn't known about before when I first heard it round my friend's but I've forgotten what it was, I should've made a note of it. Doh There's been other stuff but they were not good enough for me to buy for myself or listen to a lot, nowhere near the level of what I already usually listen to.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflecting on 2023 Moonface 2 209 Jan 15th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,042 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Parody/Silly Songs Moonface 5 320 Jan 3rd, 2024, 06:53 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 Dragon Lord 5 349 Nov 27th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Thanksgiving 2023 Moonface 10 576 Nov 24th, 2023, 09:52 PM
Last Post: queenzelda