Latest Gaming Purchase
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS)

Been waiting forever for this to go on a decent sale. Saw Walmart had it for $20 off online, which is the most I've seen this game discounted by yet. Could have continued waiting for a bigger discount, but decided to just bite the bullet on it and take the $20 discount because knowing Nintendo this will be the largest discount I'll see on the game any time in the next 10-40 years.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Kirby and the Forgotten Land (NS)

Been waiting forever for this to go on a decent sale. Saw Walmart had it for $20 off online, which is the most I've seen this game discounted by yet. Could have continued waiting for a bigger discount, but decided to just bite the bullet on it and take the $20 discount because knowing Nintendo this will be the largest discount I'll see on the game any time in the next 10-40 years.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Didn't know you were into Kirby games @Dragon Lord. Tongue
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,667 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Didn't know you were into Kirby games @Dragon Lord. Tongue
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't really gotten into many of the newer Kirby games, but I was a huge fan of them back in the day. Kirby Superstar is one of my favorite SNES games (of course this includes the Ultra version that released on DS), Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland was one of my favorite GBA games (especially thanks to the Fountain of Dreams theme from the final boss fight, which can also be heard in Super Smash Bros Melee on the level of the same name). I also greatly enjoyed Kirby 64 as a kid.

I've wanted to play The Forgotten Land since it released, because I heard a lot of people say that was the "Dark Souls of Kirby games" and it piqued my interest. One thing about Kirby games is that they tend to be far too easy, so I'm interested in a Kirby game that can maybe provide an ounce of a challenge in it. Of course I'm not expecting a Souls-like experience here, just interested to see if the game does actually give the player a slight challenge at all or not. Either way, I expect to have a lot of fun with it because from the game play I have seen, it looks really great.

I just don't like paying full price for Nintendo games because they just... don't really feel worth it most of the time, and even though I like Kirby and think I'll enjoy the game, I still couldn't pull the trigger at a full $60 for it.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,736 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I haven't really gotten into many of the newer Kirby games, but I was a huge fan of them back in the day. Kirby Superstar is one of my favorite SNES games (of course this includes the Ultra version that released on DS), Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland was one of my favorite GBA games (especially thanks to the Fountain of Dreams theme from the final boss fight, which can also be heard in Super Smash Bros Melee on the level of the same name). I also greatly enjoyed Kirby 64 as a kid.

I've wanted to play The Forgotten Land since it released, because I heard a lot of people say that was the "Dark Souls of Kirby games" and it piqued my interest. One thing about Kirby games is that they tend to be far too easy, so I'm interested in a Kirby game that can maybe provide an ounce of a challenge in it. Of course I'm not expecting a Souls-like experience here, just interested to see if the game does actually give the player a slight challenge at all or not. Either way, I expect to have a lot of fun with it because from the game play I have seen, it looks really great.

I just don't like paying full price for Nintendo games because they just... don't really feel worth it most of the time, and even though I like Kirby and think I'll enjoy the game, I still couldn't pull the trigger at a full $60 for it.
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Understandable. I think that's what I'd pay for that game, too. I wonder if that sale is still live...

Recently got the Spring Into Learning: Humongous Entertainment Bundle from Humble Bundle. All the classic edutainment games from the 90's/00's like Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, etc. It was 38 games for $15. Not bad Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Online
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Understandable. I think that's what I'd pay for that game, too. I wonder if that sale is still live...

Recently got the Spring Into Learning: Humongous Entertainment Bundle from Humble Bundle. All the classic edutainment games from the 90's/00's like Freddi Fish, Spy Fox, Putt-Putt, etc. It was 38 games for $15. Not bad Shrug

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 32 1,712 Apr 12th, 2024, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 5 142 Apr 1st, 2024, 12:05 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 4,008 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,955 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
  Your Gaming Backlog(s) Moonface 17 4,319 Jan 19th, 2023, 09:08 PM