Latest Gaming Purchase
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2021, 02:20 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Latest purchase for me:

Shadowverse: Champion's Battle (NS)

BOOBA HEARTHSTONE!  Wow ROFL What made you get it?
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Sep 15th, 2021, 02:20 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
Latest purchase for me:

Shadowverse: Champion's Battle (NS)

BOOBA HEARTHSTONE!  Wow ROFL What made you get it?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just curious to see how it is. I know of the mobile game, but I never played it. Figured maybe a console game that has an actual end to it would be more interesting to me. The only thing I know about Shadowverse (other than how the game play is), is Vampy. Haha.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Just curious to see how it is. I know of the mobile game, but I never played it. Figured maybe a console game that has an actual end to it would be more interesting to me. The only thing I know about Shadowverse (other than how the game play is), is Vampy. Haha.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition (PC)
It's on sale on Steam for $11.52 instead of $53.95 so figured I'd get the whole bundle instead of just the base game considering how much of a steal that deal is. Today is the last day of the sale so if anyone else is curious about trying it (base game is like $4 instead of $30) then today's your last chance. Wink

(Sep 15th, 2021, 02:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Does 4 have something about it that's better than the remasters of 1-3 @Dragon Lord?
Just re-quoting this in case you missed it @Dragon Lord. ^_^
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Darkest Dungeon: Ancestral Edition (PC)
It's on sale on Steam for $11.52 instead of $53.95 so figured I'd get the whole bundle instead of just the base game considering how much of a steal that deal is. Today is the last day of the sale so if anyone else is curious about trying it (base game is like $4 instead of $30) then today's your last chance. Wink

(Sep 15th, 2021, 02:59 AM)Moonface Wrote:
Does 4 have something about it that's better than the remasters of 1-3 @Dragon Lord?
Just re-quoting this in case you missed it @Dragon Lord. ^_^
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I missed your question. There's not really anything that makes it more special than the others. It's just the one I happened to watch someone play. Prior to that, I hadn't seen any footage of the Pixel Remasters outside of what Square Enix showed in trailers and screenshots. So it was my first time getting to hear the newly arranged music in the remasters, getting to see them in action, getting to see how the UI looks, etc.. Just helped solidify my desire to get them and play them. Or maybe it'd be more appropriate to say it helped me want to get them sooner than I had planned.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Ah, yeah, I missed your question. There's not really anything that makes it more special than the others. It's just the one I happened to watch someone play. Prior to that, I hadn't seen any footage of the Pixel Remasters outside of what Square Enix showed in trailers and screenshots. So it was my first time getting to hear the newly arranged music in the remasters, getting to see them in action, getting to see how the UI looks, etc.. Just helped solidify my desire to get them and play them. Or maybe it'd be more appropriate to say it helped me want to get them sooner than I had planned.
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I got a game called Mini Motorways, with a Steam gift card that I got for my birthday.

It's quite similar to the earlier game Mini Metro, in that both games require you to build a city's transport network with limited resources, to meet the city's ever-expanding needs. However, this game involves car transport (instead of rail transport) - and, as such, some of the mechanics are different. Instead of building lines between fixed points on the map, you're given free control of the road network (although, you need to try and build it in such a way that you don't cause traffic jams!)

I'm still learning the game, of course - but I feel like I'm getting somewhere with it. Here's a picture of one of my cities, during the early-ish stages of the game (before the map gets very crowded and cluttered):

[Image: 9D5063A878B61B54D7C443B7F951D9119FC14A4F]
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
I got a game called Mini Motorways, with a Steam gift card that I got for my birthday.

It's quite similar to the earlier game Mini Metro, in that both games require you to build a city's transport network with limited resources, to meet the city's ever-expanding needs. However, this game involves car transport (instead of rail transport) - and, as such, some of the mechanics are different. Instead of building lines between fixed points on the map, you're given free control of the road network (although, you need to try and build it in such a way that you don't cause traffic jams!)

I'm still learning the game, of course - but I feel like I'm getting somewhere with it. Here's a picture of one of my cities, during the early-ish stages of the game (before the map gets very crowded and cluttered):

[Image: 9D5063A878B61B54D7C443B7F951D9119FC14A4F]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Kyng What does the 222 stand for? Also the roundabout type circle on the right, although I notice a blue car going straight through it plus four coloured dots so it has to be something else? XD Perhaps the red dots means red cars don't need to travel that way?

Bought a BoTW style GameCube Battle Pad, so now I have three GC controllers, perhaps four if one of my old ones still works as another is a part of the three I have, to use to play Super Smash Ultimate. Then again I use Pro controller, have a Mario one of those, plus the two handhelds with the Switch so I have 7 or 8 controllers, if I ever get the opportunity to play with 7 other players in a room. XD Actually the main reason why I got the new controller is for spare when or if other controllers die.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
@Kyng What does the 222 stand for? Also the roundabout type circle on the right, although I notice a blue car going straight through it plus four coloured dots so it has to be something else? XD Perhaps the red dots means red cars don't need to travel that way?

Bought a BoTW style GameCube Battle Pad, so now I have three GC controllers, perhaps four if one of my old ones still works as another is a part of the three I have, to use to play Super Smash Ultimate. Then again I use Pro controller, have a Mario one of those, plus the two handhelds with the Switch so I have 7 or 8 controllers, if I ever get the opportunity to play with 7 other players in a room. XD Actually the main reason why I got the new controller is for spare when or if other controllers die.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Part-time ranter, full-time cricket
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
What answer makes me a hipster?
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641
Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Digital Collector's Edition

Bought it as a pre-order gift for Karo, not for me (yet), though that may be delayed a bit because ...Do physical games count? Because if so...

About $80 in Digimon Trading Cards

I bought a box of 24 booster packs (that was about 70 bucks on its own), and then a few single cards to bolster the deck I have. This has been an expensive week ^.=.^;
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
XP: 13,641 Phogs Metroid (Shiny) Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) 
Final Fantasy XIV Endwalker Digital Collector's Edition

Bought it as a pre-order gift for Karo, not for me (yet), though that may be delayed a bit because ...Do physical games count? Because if so...

About $80 in Digimon Trading Cards

I bought a box of 24 booster packs (that was about 70 bucks on its own), and then a few single cards to bolster the deck I have. This has been an expensive week ^.=.^;
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do they still make Digimon trading cards? I'd have thought they would've stopped production ages ago.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Do they still make Digimon trading cards? I'd have thought they would've stopped production ages ago.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Weirder; they completely re-did the game from the ground up, and its become surprisingly popular because it hit basically right as the pandemic started up, so cards sold during the Great Shortage for huge amounts of cash. It's actually really good and easy to get into. If you got Tabletop Simulator, I can link you to a mod with the card game and maybe teach you sometime. Edit: Actually, scratch the teaching part; the tutorial app is still on the Google Play Store and Apple Store, so just download that, and that'll teach you the basics. After that, here's a deck builder website that has all the English cards lel; build a deck, ask me for a play, and we can go at it, yo!
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
Weirder; they completely re-did the game from the ground up, and its become surprisingly popular because it hit basically right as the pandemic started up, so cards sold during the Great Shortage for huge amounts of cash. It's actually really good and easy to get into. If you got Tabletop Simulator, I can link you to a mod with the card game and maybe teach you sometime. Edit: Actually, scratch the teaching part; the tutorial app is still on the Google Play Store and Apple Store, so just download that, and that'll teach you the basics. After that, here's a deck builder website that has all the English cards lel; build a deck, ask me for a play, and we can go at it, yo!
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Monster Viator (PS4)
PULSE 3D™ Wireless Headset - Midnight Black

I normally don't buy more expensive headphones for consoles, but for some reason the Pulse 3D ones for the PS5 caught my interest, so I figured, why not? Let's give them a try and see if they are worth the $100 or not.

Monster Viator was a Kemco game released by Limited Run Games that I accidentally missed out on, and it finally came out so there were lots of listings for it on eBay, and thankfully I found one that only wanted $15 more than the initial price of the game was ($29.99), so that was a pretty nice thing to snatch up. Had to pay twice the initial price for one of the other Kemco games I had missed, so this was definitely nice. Now my Kemco LRG collection is back to 100%.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Monster Viator (PS4)
PULSE 3D™ Wireless Headset - Midnight Black

I normally don't buy more expensive headphones for consoles, but for some reason the Pulse 3D ones for the PS5 caught my interest, so I figured, why not? Let's give them a try and see if they are worth the $100 or not.

Monster Viator was a Kemco game released by Limited Run Games that I accidentally missed out on, and it finally came out so there were lots of listings for it on eBay, and thankfully I found one that only wanted $15 more than the initial price of the game was ($29.99), so that was a pretty nice thing to snatch up. Had to pay twice the initial price for one of the other Kemco games I had missed, so this was definitely nice. Now my Kemco LRG collection is back to 100%.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 23rd, 2021, 01:03 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Would you say that sites "How to Play" page is useful at all or should I just stick with the app? Also how can I see what the cards are better? Like I can see it'll be an Agumon card or whatever but I can't tell what any of the details on it are to know if I even want to choose it. XD

@Dragon Lord: Have you tried them yet to decide if they're worth the price? Tongue

The last things I bought that are gaming related are Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 for the Switch for @ShiraNoMai's birthday. I appreciate that buying one of the games digitally lowers the price of the other game so you don't spend more for both games digitally than you would if you got the physical dual-pack (which is virtually impossible to find anymore).

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 23rd, 2021, 01:03 AM)Maniakkid25 Wrote:
Would you say that sites "How to Play" page is useful at all or should I just stick with the app? Also how can I see what the cards are better? Like I can see it'll be an Agumon card or whatever but I can't tell what any of the details on it are to know if I even want to choose it. XD

@Dragon Lord: Have you tried them yet to decide if they're worth the price? Tongue

The last things I bought that are gaming related are Bayonetta 1 and Bayonetta 2 for the Switch for @ShiraNoMai's birthday. I appreciate that buying one of the games digitally lowers the price of the other game so you don't spend more for both games digitally than you would if you got the physical dual-pack (which is virtually impossible to find anymore).
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I tried them. They are pretty good. I don't know if I have any games that make use of the 3D audio at the moment, but the sound quality of them seems to be very good, so that's nice. Playing Genshin with them was awesome, much better than my cheapy $20 headphones for sure.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Yeah, I tried them. They are pretty good. I don't know if I have any games that make use of the 3D audio at the moment, but the sound quality of them seems to be very good, so that's nice. Playing Genshin with them was awesome, much better than my cheapy $20 headphones for sure.
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Nov 1st, 2021, 06:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The PDF is literally scans of the cards that you get with starter decks that explain how to play. It's okay for a quick rundown of the rules, but the app will actually run you through quick mock battles to explain all the concepts (though I don't think it explains "if a Digimon has 0 DP, it is deleted). As far as more details on a card using the site, right click on desktop and hold click on mobile (the site isnt really mobile compatible, though; you'll want to use the desktop for it).
Maniakkid25 Offline
Currently Playing
Lots of different things
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
Any/Any
(Nov 1st, 2021, 06:00 PM)Moonface Wrote:
The PDF is literally scans of the cards that you get with starter decks that explain how to play. It's okay for a quick rundown of the rules, but the app will actually run you through quick mock battles to explain all the concepts (though I don't think it explains "if a Digimon has 0 DP, it is deleted). As far as more details on a card using the site, right click on desktop and hold click on mobile (the site isnt really mobile compatible, though; you'll want to use the desktop for it).
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Got the Animal Crossing DLC pre-ordered so it'll be pre-loaded and ready to play on friday Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Got the Animal Crossing DLC pre-ordered so it'll be pre-loaded and ready to play on friday Grin
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - Pre-order (NS)
Blue Reflection: Second Light Limited Edition - Pre-order (PS4)

Almost forgot to pre-order both of these. Both of them are releasing this month, so needed to hurry up and get them in.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Pokemon Brilliant Diamond - Pre-order (NS)
Blue Reflection: Second Light Limited Edition - Pre-order (PS4)

Almost forgot to pre-order both of these. Both of them are releasing this month, so needed to hurry up and get them in.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 78 Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,541 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 3,924 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,720 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Gaming Backlog(s) Moonface 17 4,192 Jan 19th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Moonface