Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario Party Superstars

Bought it yesterday, could've got it a bit earlier for a cheaper price but ah, I wondered why I hadn't got it yet when I saw it in my local shop. I know I didn't want the game on release, but just completely forgot about buying so just went ahead and got it, yay. No clue when I'll play though, so on my pile of backlog it goes. XD Hopefully soon, I'll keep it out facing me in my room.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Mario Party Superstars

Bought it yesterday, could've got it a bit earlier for a cheaper price but ah, I wondered why I hadn't got it yet when I saw it in my local shop. I know I didn't want the game on release, but just completely forgot about buying so just went ahead and got it, yay. No clue when I'll play though, so on my pile of backlog it goes. XD Hopefully soon, I'll keep it out facing me in my room.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Apr 21st, 2022, 10:23 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Mario Party Superstars

It's a very good Mario Party! You should invite some friends over and play! Grin
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Apr 21st, 2022, 10:23 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Mario Party Superstars

It's a very good Mario Party! You should invite some friends over and play! Grin
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Logitech G502 HERO Wired Gaming Mouse
ANNO: Mutationem (PS4)
ANNO: Mutationem Deluxe Edition (PS5)

I also purchased a third-party Joycon. I haven't purchased a third-party controller since the PS2/GameCube era, when they were still high quality, so I was a bit iffy on taking a chance with these, but so far they are really good. They are like twice the size (maybe a tad more) than Nintendo's joycons, so they fit my hands so much better and making gaming on my Switch much more comfortable. So they've been a worthwhile purchase so far, but it'll remain to be seen if they continue to be good quality. They had good reviews on Amazon and cost like $20-$30 less than what Nintendo wants for Joycons, so I'm happy with them for now.

For anyone curious, these are the joycons I purchased. If you're like me and you have larger hands and the default joycons are really uncomfortable to use after long periods of playing, these ones have been super comfortable so far.

As for the mouse purchase, that was for pure curiosity. There's nothing wrong with the Razer mouse that I bought originally, but I saw that the G502 HERO had insanely good reviews (almost 5* with over 30,000 reviews on Amazon), and I couldn't help but get too curious and buy it to try it out for myself. Especially since it was only $40 at the time of my purchase. Have to say, so far, it's amazing. I see why people love it so much. Haven't switched back to my Razer mouse since getting the Logitech one. Still use my Razer mouse on my tablet though since it has Bluetooth, so it's not going to waste or anything.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Logitech G502 HERO Wired Gaming Mouse
ANNO: Mutationem (PS4)
ANNO: Mutationem Deluxe Edition (PS5)

I also purchased a third-party Joycon. I haven't purchased a third-party controller since the PS2/GameCube era, when they were still high quality, so I was a bit iffy on taking a chance with these, but so far they are really good. They are like twice the size (maybe a tad more) than Nintendo's joycons, so they fit my hands so much better and making gaming on my Switch much more comfortable. So they've been a worthwhile purchase so far, but it'll remain to be seen if they continue to be good quality. They had good reviews on Amazon and cost like $20-$30 less than what Nintendo wants for Joycons, so I'm happy with them for now.

For anyone curious, these are the joycons I purchased. If you're like me and you have larger hands and the default joycons are really uncomfortable to use after long periods of playing, these ones have been super comfortable so far.

As for the mouse purchase, that was for pure curiosity. There's nothing wrong with the Razer mouse that I bought originally, but I saw that the G502 HERO had insanely good reviews (almost 5* with over 30,000 reviews on Amazon), and I couldn't help but get too curious and buy it to try it out for myself. Especially since it was only $40 at the time of my purchase. Have to say, so far, it's amazing. I see why people love it so much. Haven't switched back to my Razer mouse since getting the Logitech one. Still use my Razer mouse on my tablet though since it has Bluetooth, so it's not going to waste or anything.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: Ooh, those joycons look neat! Besides whether or not they hold up in quality, my biggest concern with them is that D-pad. It looks like it would have similar issues that I have with the D-pad on the Switch Pro controllers.

Now for the main reason I came in here, I just purchased Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4 Digital) since it's on sale at 84% off until early tomorrow. Not sure when I'll play it; maybe I'll make it the next game I go to after I finish up Dishonored 2. Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,168 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
@Dragon Lord: Ooh, those joycons look neat! Besides whether or not they hold up in quality, my biggest concern with them is that D-pad. It looks like it would have similar issues that I have with the D-pad on the Switch Pro controllers.

Now for the main reason I came in here, I just purchased Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (PS4 Digital) since it's on sale at 84% off until early tomorrow. Not sure when I'll play it; maybe I'll make it the next game I go to after I finish up Dishonored 2. Hmm
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I haven't had any issues with the d-pad on those Joycons so far. They've been absolutely perfect for me.

Bundle of latest purchases:

Sword of the Necrodancer (PS4)
Sword of the Necrodancer (PS5)
UNSIGHTED (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (Steam)
The Disappearing of Gensokyo (Steam)
Marchen Forest user bundle (Steam)
Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler- (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Bundle (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (Steam)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First three games on the list are Limited Run Games releases (double dipped on Sword of the Necromancer due to separate trophy lists).

Rest are, pretty obviously, Steam Summer Sale buys. Skyrim bundle that comes with Special Edition + the Anniversary Edition upgrade for just $20, so was an easy decision to snag that. Was waiting for a good sale on it, as I've wanted to try Skyrim on PC for a long, long time. Marchen Forest bundle comes with the original release and the enhanced/kind of remastered version for $13. Disappearing of Gensokyo is a Touhou game I've had on my wishlist for a while, and it's on sale for $2 right now, so easy decision on that one too. Machina of the Planet Tree is a little RPGMaker game that I've also had on my wishlist for a while, and for $3 it seemed like a good time to jump on it.

The Sword Art Online games are all double-dips (have/completed them all on PS4). I've been waiting for them to all go on sale for a good price before getting them again though, and they had Lost Song for $3, Hollow Realization Deluxe Bundle for $8, and Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (game + all four DLCs/expansions) for a little over $18. I'm must missing one Sword Art Online game now on Steam (the newest one, which I haven't gotten around to playing on PS4 yet either), but that one isn't discounted enough for me right now, so I'll wait until the day I can get it for $7 or $8 too.

I might make more purchases later, but for now this will do for me.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
I haven't had any issues with the d-pad on those Joycons so far. They've been absolutely perfect for me.

Bundle of latest purchases:

Sword of the Necrodancer (PS4)
Sword of the Necrodancer (PS5)
UNSIGHTED (PS4)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Anniversary Edition (Steam)
The Disappearing of Gensokyo (Steam)
Marchen Forest user bundle (Steam)
Machina of the Planet Tree -Planet Ruler- (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Lost Song (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization Deluxe Bundle (Steam)
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (Steam)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

First three games on the list are Limited Run Games releases (double dipped on Sword of the Necromancer due to separate trophy lists).

Rest are, pretty obviously, Steam Summer Sale buys. Skyrim bundle that comes with Special Edition + the Anniversary Edition upgrade for just $20, so was an easy decision to snag that. Was waiting for a good sale on it, as I've wanted to try Skyrim on PC for a long, long time. Marchen Forest bundle comes with the original release and the enhanced/kind of remastered version for $13. Disappearing of Gensokyo is a Touhou game I've had on my wishlist for a while, and it's on sale for $2 right now, so easy decision on that one too. Machina of the Planet Tree is a little RPGMaker game that I've also had on my wishlist for a while, and for $3 it seemed like a good time to jump on it.

The Sword Art Online games are all double-dips (have/completed them all on PS4). I've been waiting for them to all go on sale for a good price before getting them again though, and they had Lost Song for $3, Hollow Realization Deluxe Bundle for $8, and Fatal Bullet Complete Edition (game + all four DLCs/expansions) for a little over $18. I'm must missing one Sword Art Online game now on Steam (the newest one, which I haven't gotten around to playing on PS4 yet either), but that one isn't discounted enough for me right now, so I'll wait until the day I can get it for $7 or $8 too.

I might make more purchases later, but for now this will do for me.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
PlayStation 5 Disc Console with Horizon Forbidden West (digital game) Bundle

Found out about PS5's being available again on certain sites so went ahead and got one. Thought it would've been all sold out, but I suppose the restrictions of 1 per household slowed scalpers down, heck the bundles for UK are still in stock right now. Not even any games right now I want on PS5, just yet anyway that are out now except maybe Forbidden West, so happy that one was in the bundle than anything else. There is Tales of Arise and DMC5 Special Edition being the most likely out of the current PS5 games I've had some interest in, but unsure really. Will be playing my main Genshin account on the PS5 though once it arrives...and I make space for it. XD
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
PlayStation 5 Disc Console with Horizon Forbidden West (digital game) Bundle

Found out about PS5's being available again on certain sites so went ahead and got one. Thought it would've been all sold out, but I suppose the restrictions of 1 per household slowed scalpers down, heck the bundles for UK are still in stock right now. Not even any games right now I want on PS5, just yet anyway that are out now except maybe Forbidden West, so happy that one was in the bundle than anything else. There is Tales of Arise and DMC5 Special Edition being the most likely out of the current PS5 games I've had some interest in, but unsure really. Will be playing my main Genshin account on the PS5 though once it arrives...and I make space for it. XD
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Deep Rock Galactic (Steam)

@ShiraNoMai bought this game a few weeks ago and I figured I'd grab it on the Steam Sale for cheap since it sounds like something I'll enjoy. Smile

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Deep Rock Galactic (Steam)

@ShiraNoMai bought this game a few weeks ago and I figured I'd grab it on the Steam Sale for cheap since it sounds like something I'll enjoy. Smile
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive with Heatsink

This baby is on sale for Prime Day for a massive discount, sitting at $197 at the time of my purchase. Been looking at getting one of these for my PS5 for a while, and I could not pass up on getting a 2TB one with a heatsink for that low of a price. Can't wait to pop it into my PS5 and see it perform even better.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
WD_BLACK 2TB SN850 NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive with Heatsink

This baby is on sale for Prime Day for a massive discount, sitting at $197 at the time of my purchase. Been looking at getting one of these for my PS5 for a while, and I could not pass up on getting a 2TB one with a heatsink for that low of a price. Can't wait to pop it into my PS5 and see it perform even better.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How much do those go for normally @Dragon Lord? I also didn't know that there were SSD's on the market that could be used inside a PS5 yet; last I heard anything of them none existed for sale yet.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
How much do those go for normally @Dragon Lord? I also didn't know that there were SSD's on the market that could be used inside a PS5 yet; last I heard anything of them none existed for sale yet.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Normally they go for anywhere between $350-$500. The original list price for this one on Amazon was like $550, but other places like Best Buy have it listed at $350-$400. Either way, it's a pretty steep discount on the item.

SSDs that can be used in the PS5 have been on sale for over a year now, it's just that people had to wait for Sony to roll out an update on the PS5 that allowed them to be usable. This particular SSD was actually recommended by Mark Cerny (one of the engineers of the PS5) as the best SSD to use in the PS5 and the one he was going to put into his. Then just a couple of days ago PlayStation and WD announced they've officially entered a partnership on these SSDs, releasing one that is specifically for the PS5. Funny thing though is that the officially licensed one they are now selling is the EXACT same as the one I just bought, but has a $20 higher price tag. The only difference between them is that the orange parts on the one I bought are blue on the officially licensed one. Gotta pay that extra $20 for the PlayStation branding on the box, I guess.

I just looked at it seems like the deal on these is already over, and the price is now $280 on Amazon, so yeah, good thing I decided to pull the trigger on them before I went to bed.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Normally they go for anywhere between $350-$500. The original list price for this one on Amazon was like $550, but other places like Best Buy have it listed at $350-$400. Either way, it's a pretty steep discount on the item.

SSDs that can be used in the PS5 have been on sale for over a year now, it's just that people had to wait for Sony to roll out an update on the PS5 that allowed them to be usable. This particular SSD was actually recommended by Mark Cerny (one of the engineers of the PS5) as the best SSD to use in the PS5 and the one he was going to put into his. Then just a couple of days ago PlayStation and WD announced they've officially entered a partnership on these SSDs, releasing one that is specifically for the PS5. Funny thing though is that the officially licensed one they are now selling is the EXACT same as the one I just bought, but has a $20 higher price tag. The only difference between them is that the orange parts on the one I bought are blue on the officially licensed one. Gotta pay that extra $20 for the PlayStation branding on the box, I guess.

I just looked at it seems like the deal on these is already over, and the price is now $280 on Amazon, so yeah, good thing I decided to pull the trigger on them before I went to bed.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2022, 01:15 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, maybe the update was what I was thinking about. That or when the PS5 was first revealed there wasn't any SSD's suitable and they said there could be by launch, and I just got mixed up on the timeline of things. XD

I'll probably wait a while before considering changing the SSD on my PS5, since I don't have storage issues with it yet and I'd be fine just uninstalling games that I don't intend to go back to for a while, especially if they're PS4 titles since those are super quick to install on a PS5.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 13th, 2022, 01:15 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

Ah, maybe the update was what I was thinking about. That or when the PS5 was first revealed there wasn't any SSD's suitable and they said there could be by launch, and I just got mixed up on the timeline of things. XD

I'll probably wait a while before considering changing the SSD on my PS5, since I don't have storage issues with it yet and I'd be fine just uninstalling games that I don't intend to go back to for a while, especially if they're PS4 titles since those are super quick to install on a PS5.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler Original Soundtrack
Octopath Traveler Arrangements: Break & Boost (Original Soundtrack)

Finally bought these two, even if I may have spent a bit more than I could have on them, but darn it I need them physically in my hands and able to play with a CD player, yes. Also on PC and MP3 player as well of course.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Octopath Traveler Original Soundtrack
Octopath Traveler Arrangements: Break & Boost (Original Soundtrack)

Finally bought these two, even if I may have spent a bit more than I could have on them, but darn it I need them physically in my hands and able to play with a CD player, yes. Also on PC and MP3 player as well of course.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Live A Live (Nintendo Switch)
Dragon Lapis (PS5)
Nintendo Switch OLED

Finally decided to bite the bullet and get myself an OLED Switch.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Live A Live (Nintendo Switch)
Dragon Lapis (PS5)
Nintendo Switch OLED

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 25th, 2022, 05:21 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What 'cha gonna do with the old Switch?

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jul 25th, 2022, 05:21 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
What 'cha gonna do with the old Switch?
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sell it. Nintendo Switch systems surprisingly keep their value. I see used ones (non-OLED) selling for $250-$275 all of the time, so I'm going to try to sell mine for $250 ($300 bundled with my Pro Controller) to cover some of the cost of my upgrade.
Dragon Lord Online
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
Sell it. Nintendo Switch systems surprisingly keep their value. I see used ones (non-OLED) selling for $250-$275 all of the time, so I'm going to try to sell mine for $250 ($300 bundled with my Pro Controller) to cover some of the cost of my upgrade.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Share Your Gaming Tier Lists Mr EliteL 1 77 Mar 23rd, 2024, 12:51 AM
Last Post: Kyng
  GotY/Gaming in 2023 Megathread Moonface 31 1,539 Dec 28th, 2023, 09:15 AM
Last Post: queenzelda
  How Much Do You Think NFT's Will Be Injected into Gaming? Moonface 11 3,920 Feb 9th, 2023, 04:56 PM
Last Post: Nomad
  GotY/Gaming in 2022 Mega Thread Moonface 37 5,707 Jan 25th, 2023, 10:36 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Your Gaming Backlog(s) Moonface 17 4,187 Jan 19th, 2023, 09:08 PM
Last Post: Moonface