2023: Hopes, Wishes, Dreams, Realities
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Uh, welcome to 2023! It's been quite the start to this decade, hasn't it? COVID continues its assault on our immune systems (albeit, thanks to vaccines, not as terrifying!), economies have stumbled along as the big corporations continue to milk the masses dry, wars have started--but heck, if we aren't trying to push our way through it all, enjoying the fruits of life as best as we can!

Any expectations with the incoming year? You can be as idealistic or realistic as you want, and as always, be sure not to downplay others ideals too harshly. That also includes your own. No self-deprecation in 2023, folks.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,187 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Uh, welcome to 2023! It's been quite the start to this decade, hasn't it? COVID continues its assault on our immune systems (albeit, thanks to vaccines, not as terrifying!), economies have stumbled along as the big corporations continue to milk the masses dry, wars have started--but heck, if we aren't trying to push our way through it all, enjoying the fruits of life as best as we can!

Any expectations with the incoming year? You can be as idealistic or realistic as you want, and as always, be sure not to downplay others ideals too harshly. That also includes your own. No self-deprecation in 2023, folks.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, 2023 the year that feels like we finally left the "early" part of the decade, but not quite mid (I'd class 0/1/2 early, 4/5/6 as mid and 7/8/9 late). So...early-mid? Early-late? Mid-early? I dunno. Perhaps this year will be the one to pull away from the disaster of 2020/21 and the remnants of those years in 2022 but that year also had another terrible event that affects the worldwide negatively. The stupid war that shouldn't have happened, any war between people should never happen but still occurs anyway. Ah, I'm treading into a topic I'd rather avoid, so quickly...TO THE GOOD!

Happy New Year to everyone, a fresh new year is upon us! I've entered the year ill and neglected myself during the period I had it, and also screwed up something straight away once I woke up and realised it. To not linger on it I begun with giving my hair a much needed wash. I know it's not much but just felt good. XD I have 13 days off work coming up soon and potentially much more as I had 92 hours somehow to book (used 44 for the 13 which included 5 standard days off), so hope to use that time meaningfully.

For the rest of the year I don't want to say anything yet except hoping to go on a vacation, preferably back to the US at some point, but if something happens that delays that yet again then I can wait.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,093 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Ah, 2023 the year that feels like we finally left the "early" part of the decade, but not quite mid (I'd class 0/1/2 early, 4/5/6 as mid and 7/8/9 late). So...early-mid? Early-late? Mid-early? I dunno. Perhaps this year will be the one to pull away from the disaster of 2020/21 and the remnants of those years in 2022 but that year also had another terrible event that affects the worldwide negatively. The stupid war that shouldn't have happened, any war between people should never happen but still occurs anyway. Ah, I'm treading into a topic I'd rather avoid, so quickly...TO THE GOOD!

Happy New Year to everyone, a fresh new year is upon us! I've entered the year ill and neglected myself during the period I had it, and also screwed up something straight away once I woke up and realised it. To not linger on it I begun with giving my hair a much needed wash. I know it's not much but just felt good. XD I have 13 days off work coming up soon and potentially much more as I had 92 hours somehow to book (used 44 for the 13 which included 5 standard days off), so hope to use that time meaningfully.

For the rest of the year I don't want to say anything yet except hoping to go on a vacation, preferably back to the US at some point, but if something happens that delays that yet again then I can wait.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I said it in UCT already but Happy New Year everyone! Personally what I want most from this year more than anything is for money to not be as big a burden as it was for me in 2022. Last year was just full of unexpected expenditures right from the get go which caused so much stress and made it hard to really plan doing anything when I was constantly paranoid that something else was going to come along to drain the bank. I dread to think how many times I actually did or got close to overdrafting last year.

I also hope I can get a better hold on managing myself better too. There's things I consistently struggled to get done last year that ranged from simple to elaborate, and although I'm not going to kick myself over that because I know why things panned out that way, I still want to try and be better this year with it. For example, I started that History of UG thread over a year ago now and have still yet to work on it let alone finish it, and really want to get a hold on that.

Maybe 2023 will also be the year I finally make a new theme like I've been wanting to do for the last few years but let it and time escape me. XD
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,645 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I said it in UCT already but Happy New Year everyone! Personally what I want most from this year more than anything is for money to not be as big a burden as it was for me in 2022. Last year was just full of unexpected expenditures right from the get go which caused so much stress and made it hard to really plan doing anything when I was constantly paranoid that something else was going to come along to drain the bank. I dread to think how many times I actually did or got close to overdrafting last year.

I also hope I can get a better hold on managing myself better too. There's things I consistently struggled to get done last year that ranged from simple to elaborate, and although I'm not going to kick myself over that because I know why things panned out that way, I still want to try and be better this year with it. For example, I started that History of UG thread over a year ago now and have still yet to work on it let alone finish it, and really want to get a hold on that.

Maybe 2023 will also be the year I finally make a new theme like I've been wanting to do for the last few years but let it and time escape me. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Reflecting on 2023 Moonface 2 208 Jan 15th, 2024, 09:30 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Christmas/Holiday Season 2023 Moonface 20 1,034 Jan 5th, 2024, 07:26 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Spotify Wrapped/Your (Top) Songs of 2023 Moonface 3 274 Dec 3rd, 2023, 05:49 PM
Last Post: Mr EliteL
  Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2023 Dragon Lord 5 348 Nov 27th, 2023, 08:23 AM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Thanksgiving 2023 Moonface 10 573 Nov 24th, 2023, 09:52 PM
Last Post: queenzelda