Poll: Select the cards would you be fine to see go.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Destiny
44.44%
4 44.44%
Gears of War
11.11%
1 11.11%
Overwatch
0%
0 0%
Rocket League
22.22%
2 22.22%
The Walking Dead
22.22%
2 22.22%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Should We Replace Some of the UG Cards?
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've had this thought for a while and decided that with the New Year just starting that now would be a good time to share it. When I first made and implemented the UG Card system onto the board, I picked games that were notable and/or just liked by multiple members. However, some of those choices were for games that ultimately didn't really warrant getting one as time went on. Therefore, I've been thinking about removing some of the existing cards and replacing them with other games that are either more notable/significant or just wanted by multiple members here. The cards I have personally considered axing are:
  • Destiny (chosen just because it was Bungie's next thing after Halo and seems to just generally exist rather than be a big deal like Halo was for them, plus I don't think a single member here plays it)
  • Gears of War (chosen because it was a notable Xbox first-party IP, but I don't see it talked about much anywhere online so not sure if it should stay or not; I am conflicted on this one but put it up anyway to get other opinions)
  • Overwatch (it was a big deal when it first came about, but my opinion soured with all the Blizzard stuff going on so I'm iffy on keeping it)
  • Rocket League (no idea why I picked this other than it was a car related game that was big at the time I made the cards and it is a bit tough to represent car games when things like Gran Turismo and Forza are notable but if I didn't name their cards it could be literally any racing game when it's just a card with a car on it...)
  • The Walking Dead (was being talked about a lot because of winning GotY and how good the story was, but doesn't seem like a long-standing thing people care about in general to bother keeping the slot for it)
I do not have any ideas on what to replace them with, and even then if there are people who would prefer any of those to stay then that would change the number of cards being replaced so we may as well see what we're working with first. Not that we can't add more cards than what gets removed but for right now I'm just looking at what to replace.

There is a poll that features all five of these cards as choices, and it will work that any of the choices you select are ones you agree should be removed. So if you want them all gone, select all five choices, and if you only want some gone then just pick those. I figure it'll be an easier way to keep track of the collective consensus amongst any discussion that may occur.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I've had this thought for a while and decided that with the New Year just starting that now would be a good time to share it. When I first made and implemented the UG Card system onto the board, I picked games that were notable and/or just liked by multiple members. However, some of those choices were for games that ultimately didn't really warrant getting one as time went on. Therefore, I've been thinking about removing some of the existing cards and replacing them with other games that are either more notable/significant or just wanted by multiple members here. The cards I have personally considered axing are:
  • Destiny (chosen just because it was Bungie's next thing after Halo and seems to just generally exist rather than be a big deal like Halo was for them, plus I don't think a single member here plays it)
  • Gears of War (chosen because it was a notable Xbox first-party IP, but I don't see it talked about much anywhere online so not sure if it should stay or not; I am conflicted on this one but put it up anyway to get other opinions)
  • Overwatch (it was a big deal when it first came about, but my opinion soured with all the Blizzard stuff going on so I'm iffy on keeping it)
  • Rocket League (no idea why I picked this other than it was a car related game that was big at the time I made the cards and it is a bit tough to represent car games when things like Gran Turismo and Forza are notable but if I didn't name their cards it could be literally any racing game when it's just a card with a car on it...)
  • The Walking Dead (was being talked about a lot because of winning GotY and how good the story was, but doesn't seem like a long-standing thing people care about in general to bother keeping the slot for it)
I do not have any ideas on what to replace them with, and even then if there are people who would prefer any of those to stay then that would change the number of cards being replaced so we may as well see what we're working with first. Not that we can't add more cards than what gets removed but for right now I'm just looking at what to replace.

There is a poll that features all five of these cards as choices, and it will work that any of the choices you select are ones you agree should be removed. So if you want them all gone, select all five choices, and if you only want some gone then just pick those. I figure it'll be an easier way to keep track of the collective consensus amongst any discussion that may occur.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I feel like Gears, Overwatch and Walking Dead can remain. Yes Overwatch is part of Blizzard that recently had a fun fiasco within it's company, but Overwatch 2 seems still big enough, although not talked about here. It has a high viewer count on Twitch, usually always within the top two rows when you search for the most-viewing whenever I go there. Gears I think Xbox fans will view as a vintage game/series thus can be kept. Walking Dead...possibly not going to vote for it, but can accept if it does go.

The other two just had nothing or too little interest on here, Destiny did for a bit but not long. Out of the two Rocket League most certainly should be removed.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I feel like Gears, Overwatch and Walking Dead can remain. Yes Overwatch is part of Blizzard that recently had a fun fiasco within it's company, but Overwatch 2 seems still big enough, although not talked about here. It has a high viewer count on Twitch, usually always within the top two rows when you search for the most-viewing whenever I go there. Gears I think Xbox fans will view as a vintage game/series thus can be kept. Walking Dead...possibly not going to vote for it, but can accept if it does go.

The other two just had nothing or too little interest on here, Destiny did for a bit but not long. Out of the two Rocket League most certainly should be removed.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2023, 12:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Had Destiny not been the next game by the studio that did Halo and thus got a PR budget resembling a blank cheque, I'd have likely never even considered it at the time I made the first batch of cards.
Rocket League was another that just got in because of the hype around its launch, in a manner that a game like Stray could have gotten a card had it came out at that same time simply because again, crazy PR and an attraction from the masses that thrust it into the spotlight briefly enough to seem like a big deal.

As for what games could be brought in to replace anything removed, I'm not sure how to go about deciding it. Hmm

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 3rd, 2023, 12:24 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Had Destiny not been the next game by the studio that did Halo and thus got a PR budget resembling a blank cheque, I'd have likely never even considered it at the time I made the first batch of cards.
Rocket League was another that just got in because of the hype around its launch, in a manner that a game like Stray could have gotten a card had it came out at that same time simply because again, crazy PR and an attraction from the masses that thrust it into the spotlight briefly enough to seem like a big deal.

As for what games could be brought in to replace anything removed, I'm not sure how to go about deciding it. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd keep Rocket League in if you were to consider other games of its ilk (i.e. games that remain staples in people's playspace like League, DOTA, CoD, FIFA, Fortnite). Otherwise yeah, fine to axe.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I'd keep Rocket League in if you were to consider other games of its ilk (i.e. games that remain staples in people's playspace like League, DOTA, CoD, FIFA, Fortnite). Otherwise yeah, fine to axe.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 4th, 2023, 05:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, if that were the case to be made I'd say the card should be replaced by any of those games you mentioned as they are all far more prominent and will easily outlast the lifespan of Rocket League I think.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 4th, 2023, 05:42 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Eh, if that were the case to be made I'd say the card should be replaced by any of those games you mentioned as they are all far more prominent and will easily outlast the lifespan of Rocket League I think.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've not really thought much about what to take out for definite but at this point since I know some will come out, I'm open to any suggestions for games people would like to see get a card.

The only game I had come to mind immediately that I think is worth doing a card for is Genshin, since it's big but also popular with a few members here so feels sensible to put in.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So I've not really thought much about what to take out for definite but at this point since I know some will come out, I'm open to any suggestions for games people would like to see get a card.

The only game I had come to mind immediately that I think is worth doing a card for is Genshin, since it's big but also popular with a few members here so feels sensible to put in.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd love to see UG Pokémon cards, Dragon Quest Monsters (Treasures), and maybe even some Animal Crossing or Dinkum though I don't think Dinkum is popular enough on this forum for there to ever become a card. xp

I'm also know that I'm 100% the super niche gamer on this site anyway. Tongue
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I'd love to see UG Pokémon cards, Dragon Quest Monsters (Treasures), and maybe even some Animal Crossing or Dinkum though I don't think Dinkum is popular enough on this forum for there to ever become a card. xp

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2023, 08:21 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

The trouble with this is that to keep the cards from becoming too bloated, a whole series is represented as a card rather than say, having cards for individual Pokémon (or other) games or characters. As for Dinkum being a card, technically any game can become a card by just requesting it with XP in the Store so you could totally pursue that avenue to get Dinkum added to the card list. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 17th, 2023, 08:21 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

The trouble with this is that to keep the cards from becoming too bloated, a whole series is represented as a card rather than say, having cards for individual Pokémon (or other) games or characters. As for Dinkum being a card, technically any game can become a card by just requesting it with XP in the Store so you could totally pursue that avenue to get Dinkum added to the card list. Smile
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hmm, I'll think about it when it's closer to my birthday. I just wasn't aware of the card making process, so interesting to know. :3
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Hmm, I'll think about it when it's closer to my birthday. I just wasn't aware of the card making process, so interesting to know. :3
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As Destiny's ahead in the votes by 2, that can be a card to replace. Genshin would be a good pick or Octopath although for the latter not sure who could be considered the "face", or we go with first Octopath for the normal and OT2 for shiny perhaps but still the same problem with who or how many characters can be used in the image.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As Destiny's ahead in the votes by 2, that can be a card to replace. Genshin would be a good pick or Octopath although for the latter not sure who could be considered the "face", or we go with first Octopath for the normal and OT2 for shiny perhaps but still the same problem with who or how many characters can be used in the image.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 18th, 2023, 07:15 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Fair enough. I didn't want to have it where whatever cards already exist is all that exists until a point comes where more get added in bulk, since the likelihood of that is going to be rare, so that was what made me decide to offer a way for everyone to get to add a franchise of their choosing. The XP approach is 800XP to add a franchise to the card catalogue, whilst another one (which you used for the Dragon Quest card addition) is through prizes in events like Summer Meltdown and Birthday Bash. Smile

(Jan 19th, 2023, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh yeah Destiny is definitely going out at this stage. Not sure entirely on Octopath myself but if others go along with it that could be another choice to swap in with a card that gets removed.

Also, for any cards that get removed I'm not sure whether to just give a non-owned card to owners of the removed cards, or give them one of the new additions instead. Either way I wasn't planning to have anyone come out worse for owning a card that gets removed. Tongue

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 18th, 2023, 07:15 AM)queenzelda Wrote:
Fair enough. I didn't want to have it where whatever cards already exist is all that exists until a point comes where more get added in bulk, since the likelihood of that is going to be rare, so that was what made me decide to offer a way for everyone to get to add a franchise of their choosing. The XP approach is 800XP to add a franchise to the card catalogue, whilst another one (which you used for the Dragon Quest card addition) is through prizes in events like Summer Meltdown and Birthday Bash. Smile

(Jan 19th, 2023, 11:24 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
Oh yeah Destiny is definitely going out at this stage. Not sure entirely on Octopath myself but if others go along with it that could be another choice to swap in with a card that gets removed.

Also, for any cards that get removed I'm not sure whether to just give a non-owned card to owners of the removed cards, or give them one of the new additions instead. Either way I wasn't planning to have anyone come out worse for owning a card that gets removed. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I say it's best to just give them the replacement card (i.e. if they had Destiny, give them what you replace Destiny with). Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I say it's best to just give them the replacement card (i.e. if they had Destiny, give them what you replace Destiny with). Shrug
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So based on the votes and discussion so far, my pitch is to remove the following:
  • Destiny
  • Rocket League
  • The Walking Dead
Overwatch and Gears of War can both remain.

As for what games to bring in instead as replacements, here are my suggestions that could be considered:
  • Genshin Impact
  • Phasmophobia (mostly because a decent number of us here play it)
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Kirby
  • God of War
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Suikoden
  • Tales of (Series)
I might come up with some more but these are what came to mind for me quickly on the spot.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So based on the votes and discussion so far, my pitch is to remove the following:
  • Destiny
  • Rocket League
  • The Walking Dead
Overwatch and Gears of War can both remain.

As for what games to bring in instead as replacements, here are my suggestions that could be considered:
  • Genshin Impact
  • Phasmophobia (mostly because a decent number of us here play it)
  • Dead by Daylight
  • Kirby
  • God of War
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Suikoden
  • Tales of (Series)
I might come up with some more but these are what came to mind for me quickly on the spot.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
(Mar 15th, 2023, 11:22 PM)Moonface Wrote:
  • Genshin Impact

Oh no.... You might actually force me to give up my triple Miku display.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
  • Genshin Impact

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2023, 03:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
  • Genshin Impact

The solution here is to start a petition for Miku to be added as a character in Genshin, and then I put her on the Shiny Genshin card. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2023, 03:14 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
  • Genshin Impact

The solution here is to start a petition for Miku to be added as a character in Genshin, and then I put her on the Shiny Genshin card. Whistle