What's Something You'd Like To Experience?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Inspired by the thread about things you would never want to do or experience again, except on a hopefully more positive note of sharing things you would like to experience. Could be trying a new food, going on something like a cruise, snorting some hardcore drugs, giving paintball a go if you weren't turned off of it by my post in the thread that inspired this one, etc. Tongue

If a place you'd like to go to comes to mind, you can always pop that nugget into our Places You'd Like To Visit/Have Visited? thread. ^_^

Ignoring the part of my brain that keeps trying to tell me this is a bad idea, I'd be willing to try having an actual decent quantity of a weed gummy in the future. I tried a very, very tiny amount of one when I went to Texas a few months ago whilst everybody else had at least half or more of a gummy, because I was really anxious about what it would be like and it wasn't the negative experience I was worried it could be. Now that's not to say I'd go out of my way to really do this in future but if the situation arose I would try half this time around.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,540 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Inspired by the thread about things you would never want to do or experience again, except on a hopefully more positive note of sharing things you would like to experience. Could be trying a new food, going on something like a cruise, snorting some hardcore drugs, giving paintball a go if you weren't turned off of it by my post in the thread that inspired this one, etc. Tongue

If a place you'd like to go to comes to mind, you can always pop that nugget into our Places You'd Like To Visit/Have Visited? thread. ^_^

Ignoring the part of my brain that keeps trying to tell me this is a bad idea, I'd be willing to try having an actual decent quantity of a weed gummy in the future. I tried a very, very tiny amount of one when I went to Texas a few months ago whilst everybody else had at least half or more of a gummy, because I was really anxious about what it would be like and it wasn't the negative experience I was worried it could be. Now that's not to say I'd go out of my way to really do this in future but if the situation arose I would try half this time around.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Weed gummy, that's actually a thing? Yeah nah. Don't care how that tastes, just simply nope.

Hmm, eating at a Korean BBQ restaurant. Watched a couple of different videos of people I know of, Tekkan players, eat there and damn it looked so good.

A proper concert, well one that has it's original/current proper members of a band or artist that I follow.

If I wasn't too overly paranoid about it, using a speedboat but I may screw up, end up in the water, drift away, what have you. Probably not that in the end.

Maybe a solo vacation, or perhaps one where I journey alone but meet others along the way. Again I might be too paranoid of what could happen so also possibly not.

Perhaps wielding a weapon, learn how to use one. OK, maybe too dangerous. XD

Hm, three of them wouldn't really be on my list of things I'd definitely would like to do. This one is similar to one before but could be;
Eating an Italian restaurant*.

*I mistakenly typed this in the Like To Visit topic, I edited to correct before this post
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,110 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Weed gummy, that's actually a thing? Yeah nah. Don't care how that tastes, just simply nope.

Hmm, eating at a Korean BBQ restaurant. Watched a couple of different videos of people I know of, Tekkan players, eat there and damn it looked so good.

A proper concert, well one that has it's original/current proper members of a band or artist that I follow.

If I wasn't too overly paranoid about it, using a speedboat but I may screw up, end up in the water, drift away, what have you. Probably not that in the end.

Maybe a solo vacation, or perhaps one where I journey alone but meet others along the way. Again I might be too paranoid of what could happen so also possibly not.

Perhaps wielding a weapon, learn how to use one. OK, maybe too dangerous. XD

Hm, three of them wouldn't really be on my list of things I'd definitely would like to do. This one is similar to one before but could be;
Eating an Italian restaurant*.

*I mistakenly typed this in the Like To Visit topic, I edited to correct before this post
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jan 25th, 2023, 12:48 AM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
For how they taste, the one I had was just like a regular candy, and would be why stuff like this can happen:

If you ever attend one, don't get too hung up on getting a place at the front of the floor because the closer to the stage you are, the more likely the sound quality won't be as clear because you're so close to the sound systems. When I attended Linkin Park at the O2 we made a point to stay in the back half of the floor so that the sound had decent travel distance.
That said, I know it's apparently a good idea to wear earplugs at a concert, primarily to not fuck your hearing up. No idea though if it would improve the sound quality if you were closer to the stage or not though.

I've been kinda on one but it was one of the ones designed for a group tour and you could stand on the front part of the boat, which was super neat. I'd never want to drive one though; I'd rather go for a jet ski since they seem more tailored to casual use by total n00bs. Tongue

The forum will not form a search party to find your body. Best I can offer is a group prayer to Guru Nanak with a sacrificial offering of an Asda baguette. Ayaya

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
For how they taste, the one I had was just like a regular candy, and would be why stuff like this can happen:

If you ever attend one, don't get too hung up on getting a place at the front of the floor because the closer to the stage you are, the more likely the sound quality won't be as clear because you're so close to the sound systems. When I attended Linkin Park at the O2 we made a point to stay in the back half of the floor so that the sound had decent travel distance.
That said, I know it's apparently a good idea to wear earplugs at a concert, primarily to not fuck your hearing up. No idea though if it would improve the sound quality if you were closer to the stage or not though.

I've been kinda on one but it was one of the ones designed for a group tour and you could stand on the front part of the boat, which was super neat. I'd never want to drive one though; I'd rather go for a jet ski since they seem more tailored to casual use by total n00bs. Tongue

The forum will not form a search party to find your body. Best I can offer is a group prayer to Guru Nanak with a sacrificial offering of an Asda baguette. Ayaya
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
(Jan 25th, 2023, 10:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:
Yeah I thought they'd taste OK because if they were suspiciously iffy, then you wouldn't have liked it. But oof, not surprised someone can go over the top eating them then it affects their body.

If you ever attend one, don't get too hung up on getting a place at the front of the floor because the closer to the stage you are, the more likely the sound quality won't be as clear because you're so close to the sound systems...
Aye, the tribute band I went to see once was loud enough and was on the balcony section over the stage and had no earplugs. I'd imagine a concert would be louder so I wouldn't want go near the front, and will bring earplugs wherever place I get. 

I actually meant jet ski, my brain just went speed boat for the name, yet I know they're the small-ish boats that tend to have a pointed front and not sort of like motorbike equivalent for the sea. Actually jet-ski's are probably more like mopeds, speed boats are indeed like motorbikes, canoes are bicycles, and...what the heck am I blabbering on about? XD 

I shall accept that offer. My body's not worth looking for anyway.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Yeah I thought they'd taste OK because if they were suspiciously iffy, then you wouldn't have liked it. But oof, not surprised someone can go over the top eating them then it affects their body.

If you ever attend one, don't get too hung up on getting a place at the front of the floor because the closer to the stage you are, the more likely the sound quality won't be as clear because you're so close to the sound systems...
Aye, the tribute band I went to see once was loud enough and was on the balcony section over the stage and had no earplugs. I'd imagine a concert would be louder so I wouldn't want go near the front, and will bring earplugs wherever place I get. 

I actually meant jet ski, my brain just went speed boat for the name, yet I know they're the small-ish boats that tend to have a pointed front and not sort of like motorbike equivalent for the sea. Actually jet-ski's are probably more like mopeds, speed boats are indeed like motorbikes, canoes are bicycles, and...what the heck am I blabbering on about? XD 

I shall accept that offer. My body's not worth looking for anyway.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This is something I know I would never experience, but any sort of thing like this where you come out to a crowd of people who go utterly ballistic for you must be such an adrenaline rush:  https://youtu.be/Lz4qHYUuleI?t=69

I can't even comprehend what it would be like for something like a stadium show where you can stuff 60,000+ people into it all reacting to you in such a way, whether it be as a sports performer like in the video I linked or just as a band who are playing a tour. I think it would probably feel way more insane having this from a crowd who aren't at the show specifically because it's you; a band coming on stage for a tour performance knows that crowd is there for them and them alone so have the expectation of a raucous crowd, but nobody attends a wrestling event for a singular wrestler and even then the crowd is going to be different from place to place to not know how over you are in one location compared to another. I wish I could have found a video of a wrestler walking out with the camera following behind because I saw one very recently and it did such a good job of demonstrating the feeling of walking out to a sea of people and hearing them go nuts for you.

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
This is something I know I would never experience, but any sort of thing like this where you come out to a crowd of people who go utterly ballistic for you must be such an adrenaline rush:  https://youtu.be/Lz4qHYUuleI?t=69

I can't even comprehend what it would be like for something like a stadium show where you can stuff 60,000+ people into it all reacting to you in such a way, whether it be as a sports performer like in the video I linked or just as a band who are playing a tour. I think it would probably feel way more insane having this from a crowd who aren't at the show specifically because it's you; a band coming on stage for a tour performance knows that crowd is there for them and them alone so have the expectation of a raucous crowd, but nobody attends a wrestling event for a singular wrestler and even then the crowd is going to be different from place to place to not know how over you are in one location compared to another. I wish I could have found a video of a wrestler walking out with the camera following behind because I saw one very recently and it did such a good job of demonstrating the feeling of walking out to a sea of people and hearing them go nuts for you.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Not only could I not comprehend such an experience, I feel like I super would not want to. I barely want a group of 5 or more perceiving me at once. An entire suburban city population? Nah I'm good. Way too self-conscious for that nonsense.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,211 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Not only could I not comprehend such an experience, I feel like I super would not want to. I barely want a group of 5 or more perceiving me at once. An entire suburban city population? Nah I'm good. Way too self-conscious for that nonsense.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Never heard of Bad Bunny before, but damn the portion of what I saw of that was video good (up to him clotheslining Damien Priest out of the ring), I don't think I could be able to handle an experience like that either.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
Never heard of Bad Bunny before, but damn the portion of what I saw of that was video good (up to him clotheslining Damien Priest out of the ring), I don't think I could be able to handle an experience like that either.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 10th, 2023, 08:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hadn't heard of him either until he first appeared in WWE, but he's apparently the most streamed artist on Spotify, and this recent match of his at Backlash marks his third official match with the company (his other two being a tag team match at WrestleMania 37 and making it to the final five in the 2022 Royal Rumble match). It's also worth noting he got a huge response from the crowd due to being from Puerto Rico where the event was taking place. Between him and Logan Paul they've raised the bar considerably for celebrity match appearances in WWE and both of them could easily turn WWE into a career if they saw fit to do so.

As for the self conscious part, I think I'd maybe be able to ignore it given that the reason for the cheering would be me so clearly how I present myself usually to the people in the crowd is well-known and received well so there's a very small chance of doing something that would look bad I think. That said I'd definitely be a bundle of nerves between how daunting it would be as well as the adrenaline from it. XD

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(May 10th, 2023, 08:39 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I hadn't heard of him either until he first appeared in WWE, but he's apparently the most streamed artist on Spotify, and this recent match of his at Backlash marks his third official match with the company (his other two being a tag team match at WrestleMania 37 and making it to the final five in the 2022 Royal Rumble match). It's also worth noting he got a huge response from the crowd due to being from Puerto Rico where the event was taking place. Between him and Logan Paul they've raised the bar considerably for celebrity match appearances in WWE and both of them could easily turn WWE into a career if they saw fit to do so.

As for the self conscious part, I think I'd maybe be able to ignore it given that the reason for the cheering would be me so clearly how I present myself usually to the people in the crowd is well-known and received well so there's a very small chance of doing something that would look bad I think. That said I'd definitely be a bundle of nerves between how daunting it would be as well as the adrenaline from it. XD

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What's Something You'd Never Do or Want to Experience Again? Moonface 17 3,784 Jan 24th, 2023, 01:26 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  What Was Your Experience of 9/11/2001? Moonface 15 8,136 Jul 13th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Last Post: Moonface