Sony to Retire PlayStation Plus Collection
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
SIE has announced today that the PlayStation Plus Collection—a digital library of PS4 games given exclusively to PS5 owners with an active PS+ subscription—will no longer be available as of May 9, 2023.

The collection was first announced back in October 2020 one month ahead of the PS5's launch, and originally included the 20 following games:
  • God of War (2018)
  • Bloodborne
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Days Gone
  • Until Dawn
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Battlefield 1
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7
Persona 5 was removed from the collection in May 2022, bringing the collection down to a total of 19 titles.

It is worth noting here that the remaining titles in this list are all available for free as part of PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium, so if you have an active subscription in either of those tiers then the redemption cut-off for the PlayStation Plus Collection will not apply to you. However, if you are only subscribed to the PS+ Basic tier, it is recommended that you redeem any games you want from this list prior to May 9; as long as you do, you will retain access to any redeemed games so long as you have an active PS+ subscription.

Did anyone here ever redeem any of the games from this collection, or plans to do so before the collection gets removed entirely?
I've never had an active PS+ subscription on my PS5 but any game in the list I would want to have I already owned, so it didn't really interest me. I didn't see any other outlet mentioning that these games will only really be going away for the PS+ Basic tier, which I found out by checking what the game offerings are for PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium, so I felt it would be a good idea to mention that point. I doubt it will do much but I guess this is just Sony trying to entice more new PS5 owners into the higher tiers.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
SIE has announced today that the PlayStation Plus Collection—a digital library of PS4 games given exclusively to PS5 owners with an active PS+ subscription—will no longer be available as of May 9, 2023.

The collection was first announced back in October 2020 one month ahead of the PS5's launch, and originally included the 20 following games:
  • God of War (2018)
  • Bloodborne
  • Monster Hunter World
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Fallout 4
  • Mortal Kombat X
  • Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  • Ratchet & Clank
  • Days Gone
  • Until Dawn
  • Detroit: Become Human
  • Battlefield 1
  • inFAMOUS Second Son
  • Batman Arkham Knight
  • The Last Guardian
  • The Last of Us Remastered
  • Persona 5
  • Resident Evil 7
Persona 5 was removed from the collection in May 2022, bringing the collection down to a total of 19 titles.

It is worth noting here that the remaining titles in this list are all available for free as part of PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium, so if you have an active subscription in either of those tiers then the redemption cut-off for the PlayStation Plus Collection will not apply to you. However, if you are only subscribed to the PS+ Basic tier, it is recommended that you redeem any games you want from this list prior to May 9; as long as you do, you will retain access to any redeemed games so long as you have an active PS+ subscription.

Did anyone here ever redeem any of the games from this collection, or plans to do so before the collection gets removed entirely?
I've never had an active PS+ subscription on my PS5 but any game in the list I would want to have I already owned, so it didn't really interest me. I didn't see any other outlet mentioning that these games will only really be going away for the PS+ Basic tier, which I found out by checking what the game offerings are for PS+ Extra and PS+ Premium, so I felt it would be a good idea to mention that point. I doubt it will do much but I guess this is just Sony trying to entice more new PS5 owners into the higher tiers.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't had a PS Plus Sub for a while now, non while I've had my PS5 too and wasn't interested in the games, own the one I care about the most there already. Even if I did have a sub, I wouldn't redeem any of them either, just not interested in playing the rest.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I haven't had a PS Plus Sub for a while now, non while I've had my PS5 too and wasn't interested in the games, own the one I care about the most there already. Even if I did have a sub, I wouldn't redeem any of them either, just not interested in playing the rest.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  PlayStation 5 | Pro Spec Analysis Moonface 420 122,121 Mar 22nd, 2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Sony Won’t Release Any New Major Existing Franchise Titles before April 2025 Moonface 0 97 Feb 14th, 2024, 06:56 PM
  PlayStation Boss Jim Ryan Stepping Down Moonface 6 732 Oct 3rd, 2023, 12:21 AM
  New PlayStation Plus Tiers Announced Moonface 45 7,277 Sep 18th, 2023, 08:32 PM
  Project Leonardo: PlayStation's new controller for players with disabilities aerodynamik 7 4,577 Jan 15th, 2023, 10:20 PM