Triangle Strategy
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Anyone else here interested in this game? I've kept my eye on it across all the Nintendo Direct presentations and it's always grabbed my interest any time it's been on. I'd like it if a demo came out so I can try the game myself to see if I will actually like it but if not then maybe I'll just briefly watch some footage of it being played just so I can get a proper feel for if it'll actually be for me. I've become a little wary after thinking Voice of Cards would be cool and then just finding it was not for me at all. Sweat
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 

Anyone else here interested in this game? I've kept my eye on it across all the Nintendo Direct presentations and it's always grabbed my interest any time it's been on. I'd like it if a demo came out so I can try the game myself to see if I will actually like it but if not then maybe I'll just briefly watch some footage of it being played just so I can get a proper feel for if it'll actually be for me. I've become a little wary after thinking Voice of Cards would be cool and then just finding it was not for me at all. Sweat
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Feb 10th, 2022, 12:13 AM)Moonface Wrote:
 ...I'd like it if a demo came out so I can try the game myself to see if I will actually like it...

You're in luck!

I don't think I've ever seen you attempt to play a TRPG before so it'd be interesting to see you give it a go. I'm not incredibly experienced in the genre myself, having only experience with Suikoden's TRPG segments and C&C:RA's RTS style in my repertoire, but it does seem cool.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
(Feb 10th, 2022, 12:13 AM)Moonface Wrote:
 ...I'd like it if a demo came out so I can try the game myself to see if I will actually like it...

You're in luck!

I don't think I've ever seen you attempt to play a TRPG before so it'd be interesting to see you give it a go. I'm not incredibly experienced in the genre myself, having only experience with Suikoden's TRPG segments and C&C:RA's RTS style in my repertoire, but it does seem cool.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't think I've finished the other demo that came out a while back, that had two chapters or at least two battles that were already a bit into the story. I shall either finish that then try this new demo out, or go straight into it.

I have quite a few TRPG's now and this one is definitely one I'm interested in adding to my collection.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I don't think I've finished the other demo that came out a while back, that had two chapters or at least two battles that were already a bit into the story. I shall either finish that then try this new demo out, or go straight into it.

I have quite a few TRPG's now and this one is definitely one I'm interested in adding to my collection.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Ooh yay! I hope I'll get time to try it this week! Grin

@Mr EliteL: Wouldn't it be better to just start this new demo since this one will actually carry progress over and is the start of the game rather than a ways into it? Also do you intend to bring your demo data over or would you start fresh with the full game?

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
@ShiraNoMai: Ooh yay! I hope I'll get time to try it this week! Grin

@Mr EliteL: Wouldn't it be better to just start this new demo since this one will actually carry progress over and is the start of the game rather than a ways into it? Also do you intend to bring your demo data over or would you start fresh with the full game?
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd want to see what comes next in that first demo because I believe there's a choice to be had and in this game choices effect what way the story goes in or having a particular character remain in your party or not. I never got see or make the choice yet. XD

Depends how far I get into the new demo and if I made a bad choice, or at least I'd have changed if I knew the outcome, that is if there is any to make.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I'd want to see what comes next in that first demo because I believe there's a choice to be had and in this game choices effect what way the story goes in or having a particular character remain in your party or not. I never got see or make the choice yet. XD

Depends how far I get into the new demo and if I made a bad choice, or at least I'd have changed if I knew the outcome, that is if there is any to make.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Correct, Elite. That is where the game takes a lot from the Tactics Ogre games -- Depending on your choices, you'll get different battles, different story routes and possibly even different party members. I'm hoping that Triangle Strategy will adopt the full force of that mechanic, giving the game insane replay value.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Correct, Elite. That is where the game takes a lot from the Tactics Ogre games -- Depending on your choices, you'll get different battles, different story routes and possibly even different party members. I'm hoping that Triangle Strategy will adopt the full force of that mechanic, giving the game insane replay value.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ooh, I didn't know the game would have choices of that magnitude since I don't know much about its genre. It'll be nice to play a game with actual consequences for choices, because I feel like a lot of games these days like to claim they offer choice but ultimately it's all for show and you actually end up on roughly the exact same path or outcomes.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Ooh, I didn't know the game would have choices of that magnitude since I don't know much about its genre. It'll be nice to play a game with actual consequences for choices, because I feel like a lot of games these days like to claim they offer choice but ultimately it's all for show and you actually end up on roughly the exact same path or outcomes.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Triangle Strategy | Version 1.1.0 Update Adds New Epilogue
I don't remember if anyone here ended up getting the full version of this game or not (I myself forgot to ever try the demo lol) but just in case someone did, the game just received its first update which adds in some new content that might be worth revisiting the game for, if even just for the new epilogue cutscene:

Patch Notes
  • War Chronicle
    Added replay chapter feature
  • The Tavern
    Added replay story battle feature
  • Title Screen
    Added Extra Story (requires completion of Serenoa’s route (this is presumably just a cutscene but hasn't been confirmed yet)
  • Other
    Made some battle adjustments for repeat playthroughs.
    Improved some loot (money and items) dropped by enemies during repeat playthroughs.
    The “...” symbol animation can now be interrupted and skipped.
    Assigned a button to skip the company logos that appear when launching the game.
    Added a relief measure for when achievements cannot be obtained due to a network error.
    Amended some tutorial text in line with updates.
    Fixes to other minor bugs.
This update is out now for both the PC and Nintendo Switch versions of the game.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Triangle Strategy | Version 1.1.0 Update Adds New Epilogue
I don't remember if anyone here ended up getting the full version of this game or not (I myself forgot to ever try the demo lol) but just in case someone did, the game just received its first update which adds in some new content that might be worth revisiting the game for, if even just for the new epilogue cutscene:

Patch Notes
  • War Chronicle
    Added replay chapter feature
  • The Tavern
    Added replay story battle feature
  • Title Screen
    Added Extra Story (requires completion of Serenoa’s route (this is presumably just a cutscene but hasn't been confirmed yet)
  • Other
    Made some battle adjustments for repeat playthroughs.
    Improved some loot (money and items) dropped by enemies during repeat playthroughs.
    The “...” symbol animation can now be interrupted and skipped.
    Assigned a button to skip the company logos that appear when launching the game.
    Added a relief measure for when achievements cannot be obtained due to a network error.
    Amended some tutorial text in line with updates.
    Fixes to other minor bugs.
This update is out now for both the PC and Nintendo Switch versions of the game.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
New epilogue makes me question how well the ending was received. I feel like devs only do that to appease a large outcry of opposition towards what they output at launch. Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
New epilogue makes me question how well the ending was received. I feel like devs only do that to appease a large outcry of opposition towards what they output at launch. Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 04:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, it does seem random to toss in a new epilogue cutscene over a year after the release of the game, but a year for a whole cutscene seems like a lot of time if it was in response to criticism. Unsure

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 18th, 2023, 04:45 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
Yeah, it does seem random to toss in a new epilogue cutscene over a year after the release of the game, but a year for a whole cutscene seems like a lot of time if it was in response to criticism. Unsure
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember seeing anyone criticize the endings of the game, so I'm assuming they are just adding this bonus scene to the "true" ending just as something extra. I'll have to get myself to get back to the game again and find out, but I've seen nothing but praise for the story of the game (a lot of people saying it's comparable to how good the story in Final Fantasy Tactics is).

I'm interested in the ability to replay chapters. I wonder if that will allow players to go back and branch off on to another path, or if it's just strictly replaying the battle with no ability to make a difference choice to alter your story route. It'll also be interesting to see if it allows you to farm up the three morality systems for unlocking bonus characters. I -think- you can get all of the characters with certain requirements in one play through, but you have to really min/max your choices to level up all three to the points needed for that.

If the Chapter replay does allow you to branch off to other story paths, this means you'd be able to do all four endings in one playthrough instead of having to go through the game four separate times, which could be nice... if they still carry over your characters. Each ending route has a unique character that can join you, so if you lose that character by going back and branching off to another path, that'd suck. But if it's like Tactics Ogre where you can go back to any point in the story freely and still keep all of your party members/items/etc., then it would really cut down the time required for full completion and that could be nice.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I don't remember seeing anyone criticize the endings of the game, so I'm assuming they are just adding this bonus scene to the "true" ending just as something extra. I'll have to get myself to get back to the game again and find out, but I've seen nothing but praise for the story of the game (a lot of people saying it's comparable to how good the story in Final Fantasy Tactics is).

I'm interested in the ability to replay chapters. I wonder if that will allow players to go back and branch off on to another path, or if it's just strictly replaying the battle with no ability to make a difference choice to alter your story route. It'll also be interesting to see if it allows you to farm up the three morality systems for unlocking bonus characters. I -think- you can get all of the characters with certain requirements in one play through, but you have to really min/max your choices to level up all three to the points needed for that.

If the Chapter replay does allow you to branch off to other story paths, this means you'd be able to do all four endings in one playthrough instead of having to go through the game four separate times, which could be nice... if they still carry over your characters. Each ending route has a unique character that can join you, so if you lose that character by going back and branching off to another path, that'd suck. But if it's like Tactics Ogre where you can go back to any point in the story freely and still keep all of your party members/items/etc., then it would really cut down the time required for full completion and that could be nice.