Welcome Back!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 05:02 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I'm having a problem accessing the cards section on the top bar. I keep getting an error message.
Thanks for letting me know. It seems the plugin for web pages was deactivated by mistake. Working on it now. Smile
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 11th, 2018, 05:02 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I'm having a problem accessing the cards section on the top bar. I keep getting an error message.
Thanks for letting me know. It seems the plugin for web pages was deactivated by mistake. Working on it now. Smile
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
There is an emoticon missing Whistle

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
There is an emoticon missing Whistle
Hotspot Offline
Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I can access the card section now, but I don't know how to equip them? There's some topics listed on the right, but when I click on them, it also gives me an error message.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I can access the card section now, but I don't know how to equip them? There's some topics listed on the right, but when I click on them, it also gives me an error message.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2018, 01:23 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
The topics link to old UG threads, so none of them will work until I update them.

As for how to earn and equip cards, I've finally made our Universal Gaming Cards Marketplace thread which explains everything you need to know. Wink

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Jun 12th, 2018, 01:23 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
The topics link to old UG threads, so none of them will work until I update them.

As for how to earn and equip cards, I've finally made our Universal Gaming Cards Marketplace thread which explains everything you need to know. Wink
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
I see now!

Actually, I was thinking. Would you ever put in a program that allows you to "like" someone's posts? I know some forums can do that, I think it'd be an interesting feature.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I see now!

Actually, I was thinking. Would you ever put in a program that allows you to "like" someone's posts? I know some forums can do that, I think it'd be an interesting feature.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:39 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I see now!

Definitely possible.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382.html
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
(Jun 14th, 2018, 05:39 AM)Hotspot Wrote:
I see now!

Definitely possible.

https://community.mybb.com/thread-169382.html
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163
Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
UG didn't have liked posts before the move to mybb, so forgive my being doubtful it would be added. Besides sometimes liking a post takes away new ones being made if you can just like someone who posts something you might express yourself, just in a different way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni: WotWW HD [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2 | PS4 | Switch
XP: 1,163 Chrono (Shiny) Tomb Raider Fallout 
UG didn't have liked posts before the move to mybb, so forgive my being doubtful it would be added. Besides sometimes liking a post takes away new ones being made if you can just like someone who posts something you might express yourself, just in a different way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never added a like feature on the ZB board because I didn't want to trust a hosted modification after AiO kept having problems when we used it. I have no problem adding the feature on here if you guys would like to see it. Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I never added a like feature on the ZB board because I didn't want to trust a hosted modification after AiO kept having problems when we used it. I have no problem adding the feature on here if you guys would like to see it. Smile
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Heck yea, a like feature would be great impo. Maybe there should be a poll?
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
Heck yea, a like feature would be great impo. Maybe there should be a poll?
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pass. If I want to go like posts, I'll go on Facebook. Having a like system on a forum is useless. Also, in most cases I've seen, it tends to get abused as an ego inflater, or people beg for likes. That's just a bunch of crap that UG doesn't need.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
Pass. If I want to go like posts, I'll go on Facebook. Having a like system on a forum is useless. Also, in most cases I've seen, it tends to get abused as an ego inflater, or people beg for likes. That's just a bunch of crap that UG doesn't need.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650
Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
(Jun 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

This community is too tight for people to start begging for likes. I understand your reasoning, but you could always give it a trial and see how it goes.
aerodynamik Offline
Beginner
XP: 2,650 Halo Call of Duty Halloween Birthday Bash 
(Jun 15th, 2018, 11:57 PM)Dragon Lord Wrote:

This community is too tight for people to start begging for likes. I understand your reasoning, but you could always give it a trial and see how it goes.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Following up from Aero's post, I don't think that could really happen on a forum like this, but I do have an alternative that could probably please all parties: A system in which you can like posts, but don't have a record of total liked posts per member. So, a specific post can be liked by as many people as it can, but the original poster will not get any numerical benefit on display on their profile. You get effect of liking posts, but none of the ego inflation!
Of course, if it's possible at all XD
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Following up from Aero's post, I don't think that could really happen on a forum like this, but I do have an alternative that could probably please all parties: A system in which you can like posts, but don't have a record of total liked posts per member. So, a specific post can be liked by as many people as it can, but the original poster will not get any numerical benefit on display on their profile. You get effect of liking posts, but none of the ego inflation!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
On a separate subject, I have decided to implement a currency system for people to earn cards instead of using post counts. This makes it easier for me to keep track of things and for you guys to easily see when you have enough XP to request a new card.

I would have placed the XP counter in the same box as the user stats but the code doesn't allow for that, so it gets to live in solitary confinement in its own box instead. Tongue

(Jun 18th, 2018, 06:36 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It should be, since I just have to remove the coding that would display a likes total on users.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
On a separate subject, I have decided to implement a currency system for people to earn cards instead of using post counts. This makes it easier for me to keep track of things and for you guys to easily see when you have enough XP to request a new card.

I would have placed the XP counter in the same box as the user stats but the code doesn't allow for that, so it gets to live in solitary confinement in its own box instead. Tongue

(Jun 18th, 2018, 06:36 PM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It should be, since I just have to remove the coding that would display a likes total on users.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
If there's no record of likes on a post, then doesn't that kind of make the whole thing pointless? I'm of the thinking, if you like a post and want to show your support for said post, then just post yourself talking about how you agree and add to the conversation. I just feel that a Like system just takes away from forums.

Atrium is a good example of this. So many topics ended up dying because instead of people replying to them and keeping the discussion going, they just "liked" the opening post and then moved on. It's along the same lines as a chat box/shout box.

I just feel the forum is better off without it, but that's just me.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,626 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
If there's no record of likes on a post, then doesn't that kind of make the whole thing pointless? I'm of the thinking, if you like a post and want to show your support for said post, then just post yourself talking about how you agree and add to the conversation. I just feel that a Like system just takes away from forums.

Atrium is a good example of this. So many topics ended up dying because instead of people replying to them and keeping the discussion going, they just "liked" the opening post and then moved on. It's along the same lines as a chat box/shout box.

I just feel the forum is better off without it, but that's just me.
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I have seen many good places die slow and painful deaths because of the thanks feature.

I'm totally against its implantation here.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I have seen many good places die slow and painful deaths because of the thanks feature.

I'm totally against its implantation here.