N64 and Genesis – Nintendo Switch Online Library
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Until they fix it, I won't be upgrading my sub to that tier. Besides, I still own all these games and they still function pretty well on my existing N64. The only added benefit this brings is the ability to play online, but they recently made a Mario Party for Switch that includes most of the old maps and mini games so why not just use that instead? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Until they fix it, I won't be upgrading my sub to that tier. Besides, I still own all these games and they still function pretty well on my existing N64. The only added benefit this brings is the ability to play online, but they recently made a Mario Party for Switch that includes most of the old maps and mini games so why not just use that instead? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Pokémon Stadium Comes to NSO on April 12
Subscribers to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack service will be able to play N64's Pokémon Stadium when it joins the service on April 12:

One notable difference is that unlike the original game, you can not transfer Pokémon from Game Boy titles in this version. What's interesting about this though is that currently, there are no Pokémon games included in the lineup of Game Boy NSO titles, and the only one confirmed to be coming to the service at a future point is the Pokémon Trading Card Game. However, that game was not one that could be used to transfer Pokémon into Stadium, so is Nintendo adding this disclaimer because Red, Blue, or Yellow might be coming to the Game Boy NSO library in the future? Hmm
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
Pokémon Stadium Comes to NSO on April 12
Subscribers to the Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack service will be able to play N64's Pokémon Stadium when it joins the service on April 12:

One notable difference is that unlike the original game, you can not transfer Pokémon from Game Boy titles in this version. What's interesting about this though is that currently, there are no Pokémon games included in the lineup of Game Boy NSO titles, and the only one confirmed to be coming to the service at a future point is the Pokémon Trading Card Game. However, that game was not one that could be used to transfer Pokémon into Stadium, so is Nintendo adding this disclaimer because Red, Blue, or Yellow might be coming to the Game Boy NSO library in the future? Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's inevitable. I think they're just waiting for the right time between releases of mainline titles to edge that out.
This distinction, though, is because the original Stadium titles allowed transfer like this, and I'm sure fans questioned if it was possible again.
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
It's inevitable. I think they're just waiting for the right time between releases of mainline titles to edge that out.
This distinction, though, is because the original Stadium titles allowed transfer like this, and I'm sure fans questioned if it was possible again.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I wonder if anyone is actually looking forward to playing Pokemon Stadium. The main draw of the game back in ye olden days was the fact that it allowed you to play Red/Blue/Yellow on your TV, which back then was a mindblowing revolution for us. The game itself is pretty mediocre and isn't really anything to be excited about.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I wonder if anyone is actually looking forward to playing Pokemon Stadium. The main draw of the game back in ye olden days was the fact that it allowed you to play Red/Blue/Yellow on your TV, which back then was a mindblowing revolution for us. The game itself is pretty mediocre and isn't really anything to be excited about.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 6th, 2023, 04:10 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It seems odd anyone would question it only because there's no way to transfer anything from a GB Pokémon title onto the Switch; the only way to bring Pokémon from one of those titles forward would have been to transfer manually across games until you could reach a 3DS title to then put them into Pokémon Bank and subsequently Home.

Although now that I think about it, it would've been a great opportunity to allow transferring Pokémon from the Let's Go titles into this game since those feature only the OG 151 and people would already have save data for those games, whereas even if RBY was on the NSO GB library it would still require everyone playing those games before Stadium to bring anything in.

@Dragon Lord: Good point. Besides nostalgia I can't see much reason for people to be as interested in this now that we have had 3D mainline games on Switch for years at this point. I suspect it would've had a bigger impact had Nintendo chosen to offer it back on Wii as a classic title since we still only had handheld entries really back then.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Apr 6th, 2023, 04:10 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
It seems odd anyone would question it only because there's no way to transfer anything from a GB Pokémon title onto the Switch; the only way to bring Pokémon from one of those titles forward would have been to transfer manually across games until you could reach a 3DS title to then put them into Pokémon Bank and subsequently Home.

Although now that I think about it, it would've been a great opportunity to allow transferring Pokémon from the Let's Go titles into this game since those feature only the OG 151 and people would already have save data for those games, whereas even if RBY was on the NSO GB library it would still require everyone playing those games before Stadium to bring anything in.

@Dragon Lord: Good point. Besides nostalgia I can't see much reason for people to be as interested in this now that we have had 3D mainline games on Switch for years at this point. I suspect it would've had a bigger impact had Nintendo chosen to offer it back on Wii as a classic title since we still only had handheld entries really back then.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Online Services for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U to be Discontinued Moonface 5 374 Mar 21st, 2024, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Moonface
  Game Boy (Advance) – Nintendo Switch Online Library | MAR10 Day Additions Moonface 16 1,747 Mar 14th, 2024, 03:30 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Nintendo Switch Karo 140 71,547 Jan 18th, 2024, 04:12 PM
  Nintendo Switch's Successor Moonface 7 727 Sep 7th, 2023, 02:22 AM
  What’s the “Correct” Way to Hold an N64 Controller? Moonface 8 1,508 Oct 1st, 2022, 10:56 PM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai