Poll: Do You Keep Your Console Packaging?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
No
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Do You Keep Your Console Packaging?
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
As the title says, do you keep the packaging your consoles come in or do you just throw all of that stuff out once you've unboxed it?

For me I always keep the box my consoles come in, as well as most of the packaging materials that are inside the box. I like it as a good way to store old consoles I don't use anymore if the successor has backwards compatibility since I know the console will be safe in the box and it's unlikely I'll find a more compact method of storage that's just as safe as that. Plus, I tend to like the look of the boxes themselves anyway so can't bring myself to damage them or throw them out. ROFL
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Stardew Valley (PC) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 26,675 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
As the title says, do you keep the packaging your consoles come in or do you just throw all of that stuff out once you've unboxed it?

For me I always keep the box my consoles come in, as well as most of the packaging materials that are inside the box. I like it as a good way to store old consoles I don't use anymore if the successor has backwards compatibility since I know the console will be safe in the box and it's unlikely I'll find a more compact method of storage that's just as safe as that. Plus, I tend to like the look of the boxes themselves anyway so can't bring myself to damage them or throw them out. ROFL
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I used to, but then I ran out of storage space and had to throw the packages away.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
I used to, but then I ran out of storage space and had to throw the packages away.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As long as the packaging isn't terribly damaged I'll keep them. Which is...all except my GBA which I don't think I have anymore, likely thrown away by parents unless I'm forgetting I do have it, and the PS4 which I gave to my bro but not sure if he has the box still. I still have my PS4 Pro's too.

Same goes for games that come in cardboard, so most are still fine enough to keep, except some GBA boxes but I still have most of them.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
As long as the packaging isn't terribly damaged I'll keep them. Which is...all except my GBA which I don't think I have anymore, likely thrown away by parents unless I'm forgetting I do have it, and the PS4 which I gave to my bro but not sure if he has the box still. I still have my PS4 Pro's too.

Same goes for games that come in cardboard, so most are still fine enough to keep, except some GBA boxes but I still have most of them.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wouldn't keep all the innards and plastic garbage, but the boxes I would keep. My mom would eventually throw them out without asking first but I guess to her it was garbage anyway Shrug
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 26,193 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
I wouldn't keep all the innards and plastic garbage, but the boxes I would keep. My mom would eventually throw them out without asking first but I guess to her it was garbage anyway Shrug
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 4th, 2023, 01:48 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Aww, that's a shame. Obviously too late now but the only suggestion I could give if you're faced with this again for any type of boxed packaging is you could try to get the box back into its flatpack state so that way it just becomes a flat object that takes up less space than a three-dimensional object would.

(Mar 4th, 2023, 12:44 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
How many games do you have in cardboard? Blink
I only have one game that ever came in a cardboard case and that was the first Tekken game. Anything else I've ever seen always comes in a plastic case. Unsure

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 4th, 2023, 01:48 AM)Nightingale Wrote:
Aww, that's a shame. Obviously too late now but the only suggestion I could give if you're faced with this again for any type of boxed packaging is you could try to get the box back into its flatpack state so that way it just becomes a flat object that takes up less space than a three-dimensional object would.

(Mar 4th, 2023, 12:44 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
I only have one game that ever came in a cardboard case and that was the first Tekken game. Anything else I've ever seen always comes in a plastic case. Unsure
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I used to keep the boxes from my consoles, but I recently finally got myself to stop holding onto them for such a pointless reason. They aren't unique or anything, so there's no reason to hold onto them. They just take up space.

I still had the boxes from my PS3 and Vita which I had purchased back in like 2013 or 2014. Ridiculous. Also had the Xbox 360 box from what that was purchased in... 2011? Maybe 2012.
2023 Platinum Goal: 2/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Tunic
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Sword of the Vagrant | Golden Sun | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,740 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I used to keep the boxes from my consoles, but I recently finally got myself to stop holding onto them for such a pointless reason. They aren't unique or anything, so there's no reason to hold onto them. They just take up space.

I still had the boxes from my PS3 and Vita which I had purchased back in like 2013 or 2014. Ridiculous. Also had the Xbox 360 box from what that was purchased in... 2011? Maybe 2012.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
(Mar 6th, 2023, 09:14 PM)Moonface Wrote:

GBA games came in cardboard boxes, many of those got kinda ruined. Still in the basic shape but worn, dented a bit or a lot, or torn somewhat. Then limited edition games too, most a fine but my Rayman Origins one is slightly dented too. The Tekken PS1 we got is basically in a "like new" condition still, well as far as I know when last saw it. My bro has the PS1 Tekken games at his place because I don't so can't confirm. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,100 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 

GBA games came in cardboard boxes, many of those got kinda ruined. Still in the basic shape but worn, dented a bit or a lot, or torn somewhat. Then limited edition games too, most a fine but my Rayman Origins one is slightly dented too. The Tekken PS1 we got is basically in a "like new" condition still, well as far as I know when last saw it. My bro has the PS1 Tekken games at his place because I don't so can't confirm. XD
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As a kid I used to throw it away like it was nothing but since I've realized the value of a dollar, I try to hold on to everything I can for as long as I can with proper care and consideration.
WR91 Offline
Casual
XP: 4,670
As a kid I used to throw it away like it was nothing but since I've realized the value of a dollar, I try to hold on to everything I can for as long as I can with proper care and consideration.
Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 7th, 2023, 10:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I raise you with still having the box for my PS2. I might have the box for my PS1 but that depends on if my parents initially kept it or not since I was too young to make the choice myself when I got that console. Tongue

(Mar 8th, 2023, 03:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I never knew GBA games came in cardboard cases. I also forgot N64 games would have all been cardboard too. I wonder why Nintendo moved away from that packaging for cart-based games since they never stopped producing them even when their home consoles switched to discs. Hmm

(Mar 12th, 2023, 03:39 PM)BSKII Wrote:
Not that I've ever done it for a monetary value reason but I do understand where you're coming from here. I recall as a kid I sold my entire Rugrats comic book collection to a collector who was shocked at how good the condition of them was despite being owned by a child. I'm sure he'd have bought them either way unless they were utterly wrecked, but it probably did make a difference in how much he gave me for them. Tongue

Moonface Online
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 7th, 2023, 10:04 AM)Dragon Lord Wrote:
I raise you with still having the box for my PS2. I might have the box for my PS1 but that depends on if my parents initially kept it or not since I was too young to make the choice myself when I got that console. Tongue

(Mar 8th, 2023, 03:34 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:

I never knew GBA games came in cardboard cases. I also forgot N64 games would have all been cardboard too. I wonder why Nintendo moved away from that packaging for cart-based games since they never stopped producing them even when their home consoles switched to discs. Hmm

(Mar 12th, 2023, 03:39 PM)BSKII Wrote:
Not that I've ever done it for a monetary value reason but I do understand where you're coming from here. I recall as a kid I sold my entire Rugrats comic book collection to a collector who was shocked at how good the condition of them was despite being owned by a child. I'm sure he'd have bought them either way unless they were utterly wrecked, but it probably did make a difference in how much he gave me for them. Tongue

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If a Third-Party Publisher Made a Console... Moonface 4 207 Mar 9th, 2024, 01:17 AM
Last Post: Moonface
  Which Console Had The Best Launch Line-Up? Moonface 3 558 Sep 15th, 2023, 09:02 PM
  If Sega Didn't Leave The Console Business When They Did? Moonface 0 456 Jun 10th, 2023, 11:18 PM
  Do You Use Console Screenshot/Video Capture? Moonface 4 841 May 27th, 2023, 05:36 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord
  Console Libraries: Quality or Quantity? Moonface 1 522 May 10th, 2023, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord