Stuffed Toys | Formerly Titled "Teddy Bears"
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
XP: 2,835
Do you like teddy bears?

Why do children love teddy bears?

Did your teddy bear(s) have a name? What was it?

How old is too old to sleep with a teddy bear?

[Image: 200.gif]
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Do you like teddy bears?

Why do children love teddy bears?

Did your teddy bear(s) have a name? What was it?

How old is too old to sleep with a teddy bear?

[Image: 200.gif]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I never owned a teddy bear but I have owned plenty of stuffed animals. As for how old is too old, never. I sleep with a stuffed animal and I don't give a damn whether it's the adult thing to do because the true adult thing to do is to do what makes you happy and not feel held back by people who can't let you just enjoy things.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,144 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I never owned a teddy bear but I have owned plenty of stuffed animals. As for how old is too old, never. I sleep with a stuffed animal and I don't give a damn whether it's the adult thing to do because the true adult thing to do is to do what makes you happy and not feel held back by people who can't let you just enjoy things.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Teddy bear, stuffed toys, yup I've had them and still have a number of them, some right beside me on my bed although I don't hold/hug any when I'm sleeping.
Posted about old ones in the Sentimental Objects topic, but in short had ones since childhood but they're gone which I regret not keeping at least one. There are a few I got later as a child that I still have plus the ones I have now don't have as much of a special connection one from earlier would've had.

I kind of have too many currently so some could go but I would still keep a few if I chose to get rid of any, so I would keep...not sure how many. My white dragon I bought two Xmas' ago, a sitting tiger, my Gin Ichimaru plush, Yoshi plush at the very least.

Similarly like Moony said that no age is too old to have at least one. Also if you happen to have none that's fine too.
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,019 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
Teddy bear, stuffed toys, yup I've had them and still have a number of them, some right beside me on my bed although I don't hold/hug any when I'm sleeping.
Posted about old ones in the Sentimental Objects topic, but in short had ones since childhood but they're gone which I regret not keeping at least one. There are a few I got later as a child that I still have plus the ones I have now don't have as much of a special connection one from earlier would've had.

I kind of have too many currently so some could go but I would still keep a few if I chose to get rid of any, so I would keep...not sure how many. My white dragon I bought two Xmas' ago, a sitting tiger, my Gin Ichimaru plush, Yoshi plush at the very least.

Similarly like Moony said that no age is too old to have at least one. Also if you happen to have none that's fine too.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2023, 10:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
My suggestion is put them into one of those bags that have the air valve on them so you can suck the air out afterwards to really compact the plushies down for as much space saving as possible. Or you can do what me and @ShiraNoMai did whenever you move out and dump all the plushies into three giant boxes and then dump them in the corner of a room trying to work out where in the house to put them all. Tongue

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 16th, 2023, 10:02 PM)Mr EliteL Wrote:
My suggestion is put them into one of those bags that have the air valve on them so you can suck the air out afterwards to really compact the plushies down for as much space saving as possible. Or you can do what me and @ShiraNoMai did whenever you move out and dump all the plushies into three giant boxes and then dump them in the corner of a room trying to work out where in the house to put them all. Tongue
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Love teddy bears. I never had a particular one bear of the teddy variety until I was a little older, when I got Slumbers the Bear for a Christmas gift.

As others have said, more of an overall plushie collector. Plushies are my ultimate weakness, though; easiest way to get me to bend LOL

I've had a few notable plushies in my life: a Pooh bear, a cat plush with "jelly-colored" ears, my first Yoshi plush, my pig plush. They've all been there for pivotal moments in my life. The first I sadly lost/got stolen when I was a kid, but the other two I still own. The pig plush in particular is my bedmate and travels with me when I go elsewhere. He even inspired a college project I did!
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Love teddy bears. I never had a particular one bear of the teddy variety until I was a little older, when I got Slumbers the Bear for a Christmas gift.

As others have said, more of an overall plushie collector. Plushies are my ultimate weakness, though; easiest way to get me to bend LOL

I've had a few notable plushies in my life: a Pooh bear, a cat plush with "jelly-colored" ears, my first Yoshi plush, my pig plush. They've all been there for pivotal moments in my life. The first I sadly lost/got stolen when I was a kid, but the other two I still own. The pig plush in particular is my bedmate and travels with me when I go elsewhere. He even inspired a college project I did!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've opted to rename the thread to "Stuffed Toys" as I think it'll give a broader scope to the thread than just focusing on one type of stuffed toy. Wink

@ShiraNoMai: Slumbers is so cute! I've never noticed him though, so now I'm dreading the news that you lost him or gave him away or something. D=

On the subject of first stuffed toys, I still have mine which I believe was given to me shortly after I was born by my parents. I don't know if it was part of a notable brand or anything, but I did find this image that seems to be pretty darn close to what I have:

[Image: il_fullxfull.3533915151_228u.jpg]

That's the one stuffed toy I never took off my bed no matter how old I got. I can't recall though why I didn't choose to bring it with me when I moved to the US. Hmm

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
I've opted to rename the thread to "Stuffed Toys" as I think it'll give a broader scope to the thread than just focusing on one type of stuffed toy. Wink

@ShiraNoMai: Slumbers is so cute! I've never noticed him though, so now I'm dreading the news that you lost him or gave him away or something. D=

On the subject of first stuffed toys, I still have mine which I believe was given to me shortly after I was born by my parents. I don't know if it was part of a notable brand or anything, but I did find this image that seems to be pretty darn close to what I have:

[Image: il_fullxfull.3533915151_228u.jpg]

That's the one stuffed toy I never took off my bed no matter how old I got. I can't recall though why I didn't choose to bring it with me when I moved to the US. Hmm
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Awww, I forgot about that! Yeah, I wonder why indeed. We definitely gotta bring him back with us next time Smile

Also no I still have Slumbers! He's in... one of the many plushie containers we have LOL

My Yoshi plush is my oldest surviving plush I own. Got him from Toys R Us when I was around 3-4 years old. The green boy in the center:
[Image: 79rqJRs.png]
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Awww, I forgot about that! Yeah, I wonder why indeed. We definitely gotta bring him back with us next time Smile

Also no I still have Slumbers! He's in... one of the many plushie containers we have LOL

My Yoshi plush is my oldest surviving plush I own. Got him from Toys R Us when I was around 3-4 years old. The green boy in the center:
[Image: 79rqJRs.png]
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 25th, 2023, 03:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Reading this again, my guess is maybe because I have such a sentimental attachment to that plush over any other I own I may have left it behind to avoid becoming too homesick from it. The little frog keychain plush I brought with me isn't something I got from any family member since I bought it myself, so I'm not attached to it for the same reasons as the doggy plush. Ugh, just thinking of being homesick has made me actually feel it a little bit now... XD

Also I must find Slumbers now that I know he still exists. Glare

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 25th, 2023, 03:06 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:

Reading this again, my guess is maybe because I have such a sentimental attachment to that plush over any other I own I may have left it behind to avoid becoming too homesick from it. The little frog keychain plush I brought with me isn't something I got from any family member since I bought it myself, so I'm not attached to it for the same reasons as the doggy plush. Ugh, just thinking of being homesick has made me actually feel it a little bit now... XD

Also I must find Slumbers now that I know he still exists. Glare
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Quote:Do you like teddy bears?
yeah, I don't have any but they are okay. I have other plushies though.
Quote:Why do children love teddy bears?
Because they love anything cute and soft
Quote:Did your teddy bear(s) have a name? What was it?
Nope.
Quote:How old is too old to sleep with a teddy bear?
Never to old if you're solo. If you have a partner and sleep in the same bed as them, then maybe ditch the teddy bears.
Nebulous Offline
Hakuna Matata
Quote:Do you like teddy bears?
yeah, I don't have any but they are okay. I have other plushies though.
Quote:Why do children love teddy bears?
Because they love anything cute and soft
Quote:Did your teddy bear(s) have a name? What was it?
Nope.
Quote:How old is too old to sleep with a teddy bear?
Never to old if you're solo. If you have a partner and sleep in the same bed as them, then maybe ditch the teddy bears.