Does this avatar make me look fat?
Currently Playing
Overwatch, Legend of Zorldo: Breath of the Winds
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
(Jun 27th, 2018, 12:27 AM)Tsu Wrote:
I'd feel sorry for the people working there that are gonna be rendered jobless, because of inept management.

I have a friend acquaintance, who worked at Gamestop.. They give people like a 3-4 hour shift a week. But then again, this friend acquaintance, is a nut job, and an idiot, so I don't know it may have been them. XD

But I do know they do something similar for craft stores like Michaels, so it could be possible they don't give many hours to their associates. So it might not be that big of a deal to associates, unless they were managers.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
I'd feel sorry for the people working there that are gonna be rendered jobless, because of inept management.

I have a friend acquaintance, who worked at Gamestop.. They give people like a 3-4 hour shift a week. But then again, this friend acquaintance, is a nut job, and an idiot, so I don't know it may have been them. XD

But I do know they do something similar for craft stores like Michaels, so it could be possible they don't give many hours to their associates. So it might not be that big of a deal to associates, unless they were managers.
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152
Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 27th, 2018, 02:37 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

That is like every retail job, although most are 28 hours a week. But when you take in to account it is rare for Gamestops to have a second person working at the same time...

Zaythus Network Community Lifeboat man I suck at advertising stuff...
[Image: pcmascot.png]
Putting the 'Percussive' in 'Maintenance' since Before (most of) you were born.
Any post do not reflect the views of Zaythus Netwroks Inc nor it's new Murderous OverLoard Tap A Talk (hereby referred to as "TAT").
Any posts do not necessary reflect the views of the poster, after all he does shitpost from time to time, like right now.

Percussive maintenance - the art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work again.
We need Tables!
The community's grumpy old man who goes on long winded rants.
WARNING: This post contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm.
[Image: BDay-18-2nd.png]
[Image: ZUW3rka.gif]
Spooky scary skeletons
Send shivers down your spine
Shrieking skulls will shock your soul
Seal your doom tonight
[Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_qbGJuxCYY]
https://i.imgur.com/DVjkd5Z.gif
lp0 on fire Offline
PC Load Letter WTF does that mean?!
Currently Playing
OpenRTC 2, Parkitech
Favourite Platform(s)
Glorious PC Master Race
XP: 3,152 Uncharted Tomb Raider Tekken 
(Jun 27th, 2018, 02:37 AM)Hotspot Wrote:

That is like every retail job, although most are 28 hours a week. But when you take in to account it is rare for Gamestops to have a second person working at the same time...
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
At first PM I was shocked that there was only one person in the store...but then I realized we aren't talking a restaurant.

I really need to get out more.
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
At first PM I was shocked that there was only one person in the store...but then I realized we aren't talking a restaurant.

I really need to get out more.
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630
Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I honestly wouldn't feel bad for any of the employees at all. 99% of the time you go into a Gamestop, they treat you like a complete idiot that doesn't know a thing about gaming, while they act like gods of gaming. Even though most of the time they don't actually know what they're talking about.

So yeah, maybe if they weren't such douches to their customers, I'd feel a little bad for them.
2023 Platinum Goal: 1/50 (Copium)
Latest Platinum:  Remnant: From the Ashes
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
[Image: DragonLord1389.png]
Dragon Lord Offline
LV.99 Weeb
Currently Playing
Remnant From the Ashes (PS4 + PC) | Golden Sun | Bravely Default II | Granblue Fantasy Re:Link | Genshin Impact | Honkai Star Rail | Arknights | Azur Lane | Aether Gazer
Favourite Platform(s)
PS3, PS4, PS5, Vita, PC
XP: 10,630 Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) Hatsune Miku (Shiny) 
I honestly wouldn't feel bad for any of the employees at all. 99% of the time you go into a Gamestop, they treat you like a complete idiot that doesn't know a thing about gaming, while they act like gods of gaming. Even though most of the time they don't actually know what they're talking about.

So yeah, maybe if they weren't such douches to their customers, I'd feel a little bad for them.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 26th, 2018, 11:26 PM)Yuri Wrote:
....Wait do you think they'll have one of those huge closing out sales?

EVERYTHING MUST GO! BUY ALL THEIR GAMES!
I'd be surprised to see them doing a huge discount sale on their games. Toys R Us didn't seem to put huge discounts on a lot of their big stuff and managed to shift all of it.

This also assumes Gamestop will die completely as a company or would just look into closing stores and continuing their services online.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 26th, 2018, 11:26 PM)Yuri Wrote:
....Wait do you think they'll have one of those huge closing out sales?

EVERYTHING MUST GO! BUY ALL THEIR GAMES!
I'd be surprised to see them doing a huge discount sale on their games. Toys R Us didn't seem to put huge discounts on a lot of their big stuff and managed to shift all of it.

This also assumes Gamestop will die completely as a company or would just look into closing stores and continuing their services online.
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605
Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
(Jun 26th, 2018, 05:59 PM)Yuri Wrote:
I only remember ever going into one in the mall and when I tried to buy Kingdom Hearts 1 from them used they would give me KH2! I know its due to the whole logo thing, but the character design is pretty different from KH1 Sora. Look at the disc friend!
Yea, I had something far worse happen to me. I bought Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap for the GBA. But instead I was given a Barbie Ride's Again title for the GBA. I turned right around & had to swap for the one I purchased instead of what I was given. . . .to this day I swear to god they were laughing as I left the second time. It was like a huge a** joke to them. Look, yes I'm a girl but I'll never play a Barbie game ever in my life. Give me Link or give me my money back! :p

But yea, Gamestop has needed to die off in a huge roaring flame of fire & brimstone for a long time now.  Hmph I've never been a GS fan to begin with.
[Image: palwor10.png]
[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Lady Pikachu
Currently Playing
[Switch] Pokemon Scarlet/Violet: DLC [PS5] Star Trek: Resurgence [PC] FFX
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/PS4-5/GC-Sw
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,605 Tomb Raider Tekken Rayman 
I only remember ever going into one in the mall and when I tried to buy Kingdom Hearts 1 from them used they would give me KH2! I know its due to the whole logo thing, but the character design is pretty different from KH1 Sora. Look at the disc friend!
Yea, I had something far worse happen to me. I bought Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap for the GBA. But instead I was given a Barbie Ride's Again title for the GBA. I turned right around & had to swap for the one I purchased instead of what I was given. . . .to this day I swear to god they were laughing as I left the second time. It was like a huge a** joke to them. Look, yes I'm a girl but I'll never play a Barbie game ever in my life. Give me Link or give me my money back! :p

But yea, Gamestop has needed to die off in a huge roaring flame of fire & brimstone for a long time now.  Hmph I've never been a GS fan to begin with.
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Administrators
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025
Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I have no need or care for GameStop, and have no qualms of what is happening with them. Since some of you know and have had bad experience with them, then about time. Plenty of other outlets. If comics somehow work for them, then....eh. XD
[Image: Hazama-sig.png]
Mr EliteL Offline
Administrator
Currently Playing
Genshin Impact
Favourite Platform(s)
DS/3DS/PS3/PS4
Pronouns
He/Him
XP: 22,025 Halloween Birthday Bash (Shiny) Yoshi Metroid 
I have no need or care for GameStop, and have no qualms of what is happening with them. Since some of you know and have had bad experience with them, then about time. Plenty of other outlets. If comics somehow work for them, then....eh. XD
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Looks like GS was really unpopular up there, huh?

Is it true they would sell hackroms as if they were the real thing?
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Looks like GS was really unpopular up there, huh?

Is it true they would sell hackroms as if they were the real thing?
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
(Jun 27th, 2018, 08:36 PM)Summer Queen Wrote:

If only you could go into the past and talk to management D:

That was some trolly employees and we don't take kindly to trolls in these parts!

Serious jerk move you were looking forward to the the new Zelda game and you get a bad game! D:

@Moony:
If they don't do it that way to me its a lot like those memes

[Image: when-i-die-i-want-the-people-i-did-group...-0e740.png]

At least go out of business right.  Whistle
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 

If only you could go into the past and talk to management D:

That was some trolly employees and we don't take kindly to trolls in these parts!

Serious jerk move you were looking forward to the the new Zelda game and you get a bad game! D:

@Moony:
If they don't do it that way to me its a lot like those memes

[Image: when-i-die-i-want-the-people-i-did-group...-0e740.png]

At least go out of business right.  Whistle
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Grandia HD, Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night, Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I doubt much will change. We don't have Gamestop here in the UK, but their equivalent (GAME) went through a similar series of events not long after buying out one of their main competitors. They hit the rocks financially and had to sell off some assets or something to that effect, but they're still going fairly strong today.

I've never really had a problem with them in general, aside from their abysmal prices for trade-ins. When I can get 5x the price they offer me by selling on Amazon, well... guess what I'm going to do?
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
I doubt much will change. We don't have Gamestop here in the UK, but their equivalent (GAME) went through a similar series of events not long after buying out one of their main competitors. They hit the rocks financially and had to sell off some assets or something to that effect, but they're still going fairly strong today.

I've never really had a problem with them in general, aside from their abysmal prices for trade-ins. When I can get 5x the price they offer me by selling on Amazon, well... guess what I'm going to do?
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268
Mega Man Bioshock 
But instead I was given a Barbie Ride's Again title for the GBA. I turned right around & had to swap for the one I purchased instead of what I was given. . . .... Look, yes I'm a girl but I'll never play a Barbie game ever in my life. Give me Link or give me my money back! :p

Forget Bawbie, Monster High: New Ghoul in School, is where it's at! 

[Image: tenor.gif]

Seriously though, I'd get that game if it wasn't 9 dollars, maybe 5.

Some of my posts are satire, so don't take me too seriously! : P
Hotspot Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
PS2
XP: 268 Mega Man Bioshock 
But instead I was given a Barbie Ride's Again title for the GBA. I turned right around & had to swap for the one I purchased instead of what I was given. . . .... Look, yes I'm a girl but I'll never play a Barbie game ever in my life. Give me Link or give me my money back! :p

Forget Bawbie, Monster High: New Ghoul in School, is where it's at! 

[Image: tenor.gif]

Seriously though, I'd get that game if it wasn't 9 dollars, maybe 5.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
(Jun 28th, 2018, 04:08 AM)Kazan X. Lemuris Wrote:
I doubt much will change. We don't have Gamestop here in the UK, but their equivalent (GAME) went through a similar series of events not long after buying out one of their main competitors.
The UK did have Gamestop but it seems that they closed all their stores about 6-7 years ago.
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,172 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
I doubt much will change. We don't have Gamestop here in the UK, but their equivalent (GAME) went through a similar series of events not long after buying out one of their main competitors.
The UK did have Gamestop but it seems that they closed all their stores about 6-7 years ago.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232
Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
(Jun 29th, 2018, 10:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

From what I can gather they were primarily in Ireland, which explains my never encountering them. I'm on the mainland, so all I have access to is GAME, and the occasional trip into places like CEX which are more 'jack-of-all-trades' kinds of stores.
Kazan X. Lemuris Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Dreamcast, PS4
XP: 2,232 Mario Kart Doom Pokémon 
(Jun 29th, 2018, 10:09 PM)Moonface Wrote:

From what I can gather they were primarily in Ireland, which explains my never encountering them. I'm on the mainland, so all I have access to is GAME, and the occasional trip into places like CEX which are more 'jack-of-all-trades' kinds of stores.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
XP: 114
The nostalgia in me is sad about this, but as others have said, this isn't surprising nor is it that big of a deal. There's still other places to get games and GS doesn't really offer anything (any more, if ever) to get people to shop there versus another store (i.e. Target/Walmart or online).

Now, I am sad to see a dedicated game store go under/sell out. I'd like to see something rise to replace it, perhaps with a reimagined purpose like a store that sells games plus game-related merchandise/apparel, allows for gaming in store (like a lounge of sorts), coordinates gamer meets, etc. Like a Starbucks for gaming kinda? I'd go there and that sounds cool. Seems like what the world needs right now tbh.
Geoffrey Offline
Newcomer
XP: 114
The nostalgia in me is sad about this, but as others have said, this isn't surprising nor is it that big of a deal. There's still other places to get games and GS doesn't really offer anything (any more, if ever) to get people to shop there versus another store (i.e. Target/Walmart or online).

Now, I am sad to see a dedicated game store go under/sell out. I'd like to see something rise to replace it, perhaps with a reimagined purpose like a store that sells games plus game-related merchandise/apparel, allows for gaming in store (like a lounge of sorts), coordinates gamer meets, etc. Like a Starbucks for gaming kinda? I'd go there and that sounds cool. Seems like what the world needs right now tbh.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Jun 26th, 2018, 01:41 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm not surprised that Gamestop may be having problems. There's no reason to go there over anywhere else unless they have items that supermarkets don't tend to get. Plus if anyone thinks of ordering a game online to be delivered, most probably think of using Amazon first.

Well they usually have a bigger selection than Walmart or Target but I think Best Buy probably has them matched. They also do get more obscure items though. While Walmart and Amazon were sold out and never restocked I was able to get a stand alone Aim controller for PSVR through GameStop. Also more niche games that other stores don’t even stock. That said I don’t go there often anymore.
Metallix Offline
Settled In
Currently Playing
Dreams
XP: 2,440
(Jun 26th, 2018, 01:41 AM)Moonface Wrote:
I'm not surprised that Gamestop may be having problems. There's no reason to go there over anywhere else unless they have items that supermarkets don't tend to get. Plus if anyone thinks of ordering a game online to be delivered, most probably think of using Amazon first.

Well they usually have a bigger selection than Walmart or Target but I think Best Buy probably has them matched. They also do get more obscure items though. While Walmart and Amazon were sold out and never restocked I was able to get a stand alone Aim controller for PSVR through GameStop. Also more niche games that other stores don’t even stock. That said I don’t go there often anymore.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The GameStop Stock Wars Moonface 8 3,403 Feb 1st, 2021, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Dragon Lord