Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
XP: 368.77 XP
Borderlands 
Honestly, Gamestop can crash and burn. I have plenty of friends who worked their and the rumors of impossibly high numbers and associate pressure are true. One even got fired for not getting the numbers they demand. From their horrible work ethic and their shitty practices for games themselves, I'm glad they're struggling. After what they did with Xenoblade Chronicles, this is all karma in my eyes.

For info on that Xenoblade incident, check this.

Even now, they have the pre-owned listed at $50. A FREAKING WII game. They can go die off for all I care.
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
Honestly, Gamestop can crash and burn. I have plenty of friends who worked their and the rumors of impossibly high numbers and associate pressure are true. One even got fired for not getting the numbers they demand. From their horrible work ethic and their shitty practices for games themselves, I'm glad they're struggling. After what they did with Xenoblade Chronicles, this is all karma in my eyes.

Even now, they have the pre-owned listed at $50. A FREAKING WII game. They can go die off for all I care.
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
Horizon Zero Dawn Pokémon LittleBigPlanet 
(02-02-2019, 04:03 AM)Monocle Wrote:
Honestly, Gamestop can crash and burn. They can go die off for all I care.
Oh I agree 1,000% percent. I am not a huge fan of Gamestop & think they suck balls & would rather support any other store that I can get games at. 

It's just going to be harder for some who want to get psychical copies of games & my guess is that with the next coming gen most games will be distributed digitally anyway, & Gamestop won't be able to survive once that happens anyway.
[Image: 1160028.png]

[Image: dj8g30-f027a6f5-6621-48fd-98ef-d91107be781c.png]
queenzelda Offline
Gengar Master
Currently Playing
[3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4, PS3, Wii, DS, & 3DS
Honestly, Gamestop can crash and burn. They can go die off for all I care.
Oh I agree 1,000% percent. I am not a huge fan of Gamestop & think they suck balls & would rather support any other store that I can get games at. 

It's just going to be harder for some who want to get psychical copies of games & my guess is that with the next coming gen most games will be distributed digitally anyway, & Gamestop won't be able to survive once that happens anyway.
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
Borderlands 
(02-02-2019, 04:10 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

eh. honestly, just order online. Digital is just easier and simpler, especially with systems coming out with a TB or more of space. I only get physical copies of games that I know I'll like or I'm a huge fan of the series already, like Dragon Quest, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts. otherwise, I'm already all digital and game share with my friend so we never buy the same game anymore lol.

I get your point though. it'll be harder to find physical copies of games in a physical store, but it is even easier to find them online through other means. it just means waiting on shipping unfortunately. I just hope this ends the "gamestop exclusive" side of games, whether it was dlc or games themselves. Why limit yourself to one reseller? so dumb
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
(02-02-2019, 04:10 AM)queenzelda Wrote:

eh. honestly, just order online. Digital is just easier and simpler, especially with systems coming out with a TB or more of space. I only get physical copies of games that I know I'll like or I'm a huge fan of the series already, like Dragon Quest, Persona, and Kingdom Hearts. otherwise, I'm already all digital and game share with my friend so we never buy the same game anymore lol.

I get your point though. it'll be harder to find physical copies of games in a physical store, but it is even easier to find them online through other means. it just means waiting on shipping unfortunately. I just hope this ends the "gamestop exclusive" side of games, whether it was dlc or games themselves. Why limit yourself to one reseller? so dumb
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Moderators
Currently Playing
Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu! | Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 957.33 XP
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 

Oh, hey, that's me! I had to drive an hour and half away to even get the game since none of the Gamestop's nearby had them, and in the end, it wound up being $90! I wasn't about to not buy it after driving all that way to get it, but there ya go.

[Image: 8qUwWWM.jpg]
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch

Oh, hey, that's me! I had to drive an hour and half away to even get the game since none of the Gamestop's nearby had them, and in the end, it wound up being $90! I wasn't about to not buy it after driving all that way to get it, but there ya go.

[Image: 8qUwWWM.jpg]
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
Borderlands 
Yeaaaaah that really freaking sucks.

Especially with how good the game is. Like they had a bunch of pre-owned copies but I can't see THAT many people exchanging them. Makes me believe the rumor that more copies were made and never plastic wrapped so they could expedite the shipments and Gamestop to advantage of that.
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
Yeaaaaah that really freaking sucks.

Especially with how good the game is. Like they had a bunch of pre-owned copies but I can't see THAT many people exchanging them. Makes me believe the rumor that more copies were made and never plastic wrapped so they could expedite the shipments and Gamestop to advantage of that.
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
I mean, it was the only copy there, and the only copy in a 100 mile radius (it was 80 miles from me). I really wanted to play it so I made the effort to get it, and I believed the rarity at that time. But, I agree, in hindsight it very well could've been artificial scarcity on Gamestop's part.

Does anyone actually know of anyone or has anyone ever worked for Gamestop before? I'd like to hear from a former employee on this matter honestly XD
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
New Year, New BS
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
I mean, it was the only copy there, and the only copy in a 100 mile radius (it was 80 miles from me). I really wanted to play it so I made the effort to get it, and I believed the rarity at that time. But, I agree, in hindsight it very well could've been artificial scarcity on Gamestop's part.

Does anyone actually know of anyone or has anyone ever worked for Gamestop before? I'd like to hear from a former employee on this matter honestly XD
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
Borderlands 
My friends didn't work there during that time which is great honestly. If I was one of those customers, I would have exploded about being taken advantage of by Gamestop.

They are still screwing up. Do you know how many KH3 PS4 Pro pre-orders they canceled on people? People who have waited over a decade and people who weren't told until the week of release? And they only offered $25 in store credit for the mistake. How is that even close to okay?
Monocle Offline
Beginner
Currently Playing
Dragon Quest XI
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4 and 3DS and Vita
My friends didn't work there during that time which is great honestly. If I was one of those customers, I would have exploded about being taken advantage of by Gamestop.

They are still screwing up. Do you know how many KH3 PS4 Pro pre-orders they canceled on people? People who have waited over a decade and people who weren't told until the week of release? And they only offered $25 in store credit for the mistake. How is that even close to okay?
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
The KH3 PS4 controversy was ridiculous. Offering store credit was a joke of compensation considering many people likely wouldn't want to even buy KH3 from them after that, let alone anything else.

Trust is and always will be a problem for Gamestop and I don't think they can fix it. I've never seen them handle a problem properly and they don't really try to appear consumer friendly.
[Image: file.php?id=3006934]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Long live the dragon king!
Currently Playing
Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4) | Hitman 2 (PS4)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
The KH3 PS4 controversy was ridiculous. Offering store credit was a joke of compensation considering many people likely wouldn't want to even buy KH3 from them after that, let alone anything else.

Trust is and always will be a problem for Gamestop and I don't think they can fix it. I've never seen them handle a problem properly and they don't really try to appear consumer friendly.