King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni II [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
XP: 555
Final Fantasy Tomb Raider Street Fighter 
Last I knew Gamestop fired a lot of their District Managers & RL's; & their stock is hovering around $3.80! I just don't see GS recovering at this point tbh.
[Image: atem-s10.png]
-thanks queen.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni II [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
Last I knew Gamestop fired a lot of their District Managers & RL's; & their stock is hovering around $3.80! I just don't see GS recovering at this point tbh.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Yoshi is my son
Moderators
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy VI | Super Mario Maker 2
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 1,150
Horizon Zero Dawn Mario Kart Pokémon 
I mean, as a last-ditch effort, I can see this being the most viable way of trying to dig themselves out. Hosting local scenes, especially with the fighting game community (as I know my local scene is home to many thriving Smash players), would definitely garner in some traffic depending on the locations.

I'm not too concerned about the retro games being extortionate. They have a large online stock of retro games already and they're actually reasonably priced; nostalgia also sells super hard, so I can imagine that would be a very popular section amongst "casual" or former gamers.
[Image: z1x0gCB.jpg]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Yoshi is my son
Currently Playing
Final Fantasy VI | Super Mario Maker 2
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 1,150
I mean, as a last-ditch effort, I can see this being the most viable way of trying to dig themselves out. Hosting local scenes, especially with the fighting game community (as I know my local scene is home to many thriving Smash players), would definitely garner in some traffic depending on the locations.

I'm not too concerned about the retro games being extortionate. They have a large online stock of retro games already and they're actually reasonably priced; nostalgia also sells super hard, so I can imagine that would be a very popular section amongst "casual" or former gamers.
Moonface Offline
"Look at the size of that sunbum!"
Administrators
Currently Playing
Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled (PS4) | Stardew Valley (NS)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 3,320
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
I wouldn't be surprised if the experiments that work out the best are the ones Gamestop uses going forward, and they proceed to ditch the rest and minimise the number of stores that don't adopt the new plan.
[Image: sm19-sig-1st.png]
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
I wouldn't be surprised if the experiments that work out the best are the ones Gamestop uses going forward, and they proceed to ditch the rest and minimise the number of stores that don't adopt the new plan.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni II [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
Final Fantasy Tomb Raider Street Fighter 
Things just got worse...

[Image: atem-s10.png]
-thanks queen.
King Atem Offline
Playstation King
Currently Playing
Ni No Kuni II [PS4]
Favourite Platform(s)
PS4
Things just got worse...

Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
LittleBigPlanet Ratchet & Clank Crash Bandicoot 
Doubt they'll get better at this point. Even if the plans for those new stores were to work, I think it's going to be too late.

Edit: It got worse already. Gamestop are closing up to 200 stores worldwide as a result of this development by the years end, with more still planned to occur beyond that.
[Image: sm19-sig-1st.png]
I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Doubt they'll get better at this point. Even if the plans for those new stores were to work, I think it's going to be too late.

Edit: It got worse already. Gamestop are closing up to 200 stores worldwide as a result of this development by the years end, with more still planned to occur beyond that.