Minecraft
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150
Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So while Java gets the new caves to test out, Bedrock is getting the new cliff generation to test out: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/...drock-beta

The height of those new cliffs is insane!
[Image: hbCSi7H.gif]

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Tomb Raider I-III Remastered (PS5) | Dying Light 2 (PS5) | The Binding of Isaac: Repentance (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
XP: 27,150 Kirby (Shiny) Mario Kart (Shiny) Spyro The Dragon 
So while Java gets the new caves to test out, Bedrock is getting the new cliff generation to test out: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/...drock-beta

The height of those new cliffs is insane!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367
Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder how it works when you have a server do you need to update to the new version to get the new features?

Cause huge cliffs and new caves seem really cool!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 9,367 Phogs (Shiny) Summer Meltdown Sonic the Hedgehog (Shiny) 
I wonder how it works when you have a server do you need to update to the new version to get the new features?

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

You would have to update the version just like a single player world. Otherwise how would the new terrain be generated? XD

You could probably attempt to run a snapshot on a server though for the new caves rather than waiting for the 1.17 release.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

You would have to update the version just like a single player world. Otherwise how would the new terrain be generated? XD

You could probably attempt to run a snapshot on a server though for the new caves rather than waiting for the 1.17 release.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft Live is in two days from now, and as has become a tradition for the event, there will be another mob vote. The three mobs that the public will vote on to decide which one is added into the game in a future update are as follows:
I think the vote will come down to Glare and Allay. The golem just doesn't have enough use and brings nothing new that redstone can't already do, and without the need to maintain it so it keeps running. Allay is the most useful as it can be a substitute for hoppers in farms, and if it can put items away it also becomes a good item sorter with minimal effort. I'd like the Glare, but the majority of players voting will probably be on PC which lets you check light levels with F3 already, and there are simple data packs you can add to check light levels even easier too.

If Allay's can follow you, and won't necessarily die easily, they could also be used to keep precious materials on them like diamonds while you're mining so that you don't run the risk of losing them if you die to something. If there's no limit on how much they carry, then they're perfect for carrying all that cobblestone you get from mining.

What mob does anyone else want to see get in? Smile

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft Live is in two days from now, and as has become a tradition for the event, there will be another mob vote. The three mobs that the public will vote on to decide which one is added into the game in a future update are as follows:
I think the vote will come down to Glare and Allay. The golem just doesn't have enough use and brings nothing new that redstone can't already do, and without the need to maintain it so it keeps running. Allay is the most useful as it can be a substitute for hoppers in farms, and if it can put items away it also becomes a good item sorter with minimal effort. I'd like the Glare, but the majority of players voting will probably be on PC which lets you check light levels with F3 already, and there are simple data packs you can add to check light levels even easier too.

If Allay's can follow you, and won't necessarily die easily, they could also be used to keep precious materials on them like diamonds while you're mining so that you don't run the risk of losing them if you die to something. If there's no limit on how much they carry, then they're perfect for carrying all that cobblestone you get from mining.

What mob does anyone else want to see get in? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Stardew Valley (Steam) | Pokémon Black 3: Genesis (GBC)
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Glare sounds useful for base building. It's a very reassuring thing without you having.to manually check every time an area needs light.

Golem sounds kind of lame. It's a cute idea, kind of like a temp robot that needs winding up, but it sounds more hassle than anything you can possibly reap benefits from
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
Glare sounds useful for base building. It's a very reassuring thing without you having.to manually check every time an area needs light.

Golem sounds kind of lame. It's a cute idea, kind of like a temp robot that needs winding up, but it sounds more hassle than anything you can possibly reap benefits from
Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Yeah, the Golem sounds stupid and the nail on the coffin was having to mantain it.

I like Glare, though.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Offline
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 5,252 Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Yeah, the Golem sounds stupid and the nail on the coffin was having to mantain it.

I like Glare, though.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, the Glare ended up getting the least number of votes by a considerable margin, while the Allay came out on top as the winning mob!

Mojang also announced Minecraft 1.19, which will be known as The Wild Update, scheduled for release in 2022. All of the confirmed features and additions can be found documented here: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wild_Update

The Deep Dark is by far the thing I'm excited for the most so far. The footage I saw of that area made Minecraft feel like a horror game. XD

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Well, the Glare ended up getting the least number of votes by a considerable margin, while the Allay came out on top as the winning mob!

Mojang also announced Minecraft 1.19, which will be known as The Wild Update, scheduled for release in 2022. All of the confirmed features and additions can be found documented here: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/The_Wild_Update

The Deep Dark is by far the thing I'm excited for the most so far. The footage I saw of that area made Minecraft feel like a horror game. XD
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So a lot of new things have been confirmed for The Wild Update since it was first announced, one of which that I'm really excited about being that you can now put chests inside boats!

[Image: 4s1qhtesiut71.png]

It looks like they still need to do a lot of work to the Warden though. Players can still just stand on a block out of its reach and then attack it, and I know Mojang said they wanted to ensure there wouldn't be ways to cheese it like that. Maybe if it can't reach you it should burrow back into the ground so you're forced to get down, but in the time it takes a Warden to burrow back out of the ground the player could just climb back up and get a couple of free hits in before it ends that animation and then goes back into the ground. Eh
I really hope they find as many ways as possible to stop players cheesing it because I want the fear of knowing I can't just use a cheap way to avoid it.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
So a lot of new things have been confirmed for The Wild Update since it was first announced, one of which that I'm really excited about being that you can now put chests inside boats!

[Image: 4s1qhtesiut71.png]

It looks like they still need to do a lot of work to the Warden though. Players can still just stand on a block out of its reach and then attack it, and I know Mojang said they wanted to ensure there wouldn't be ways to cheese it like that. Maybe if it can't reach you it should burrow back into the ground so you're forced to get down, but in the time it takes a Warden to burrow back out of the ground the player could just climb back up and get a couple of free hits in before it ends that animation and then goes back into the ground. Eh
I really hope they find as many ways as possible to stop players cheesing it because I want the fear of knowing I can't just use a cheap way to avoid it.
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Moderators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769
Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
CHESTS IN BOATS

Actually, does that mean you can no longer pick up your boats when you're done using them? Hmm
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Kacheek Says Ace Pride!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Pronouns
She/Her
XP: 25,769 Yoshi (Shiny) Kirby (Shiny) The Legend of Zelda (Shiny) 
CHESTS IN BOATS

Actually, does that mean you can no longer pick up your boats when you're done using them? Hmm
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 02:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
CHESTS IN BOATS

I know that if the boat is broken with contents in the chest that all the contents spill out (just as if you broke a chest). Conversely, if the chest is empty, the boat breaks without any contents spilling out, just as if you broke an empty chest. So once you start filling it you wouldn't want to break it until you get back to your base so you can transfer the contents into your base storage.

I hadn't actually thought of that scenario until now, and I actually like the idea that you can pick between a boat that can be picked up and carried across land and one that requires you to dock and then remember where the boat was left so you can return to it. It gives an incentive for using either boat option because otherwise everyone would just use chest boats if you could pick them up without the contents spilling out.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Mar 29th, 2022, 02:53 AM)ShiraNoMai Wrote:
CHESTS IN BOATS

I know that if the boat is broken with contents in the chest that all the contents spill out (just as if you broke a chest). Conversely, if the chest is empty, the boat breaks without any contents spilling out, just as if you broke an empty chest. So once you start filling it you wouldn't want to break it until you get back to your base so you can transfer the contents into your base storage.

I hadn't actually thought of that scenario until now, and I actually like the idea that you can pick between a boat that can be picked up and carried across land and one that requires you to dock and then remember where the boat was left so you can return to it. It gives an incentive for using either boat option because otherwise everyone would just use chest boats if you could pick them up without the contents spilling out.
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft Mob Vote on October 14th
On October 14th, Minecraft will be hosting a vote for the next mob to be added to the game, with the choices being as follows:
Voting will be available via the Minecraft Launcher, as well as on the official website: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us

What mob do you hope to see win?

This is absolutely going to the Sniffer. The Rascal is a neat concept but has no legs beyond the early game once players can make their own enchanted gear, and the Tuff Golem is an utter joke of a mob choice. At least even if the Sniffer itself turns out to be a useless mob we'll get new plants and stuff with it, which is a lot more than what either of the other two mobs offer. I miss when these votes were between mobs that all had a good shot at winning because all of them brought something cool to the game. I guess on the positive side it won't be as big of a loss when Rascal and Tuff Golem inevitably lose. Whistle

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
Minecraft Mob Vote on October 14th
On October 14th, Minecraft will be hosting a vote for the next mob to be added to the game, with the choices being as follows:
Voting will be available via the Minecraft Launcher, as well as on the official website: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us

What mob do you hope to see win?

This is absolutely going to the Sniffer. The Rascal is a neat concept but has no legs beyond the early game once players can make their own enchanted gear, and the Tuff Golem is an utter joke of a mob choice. At least even if the Sniffer itself turns out to be a useless mob we'll get new plants and stuff with it, which is a lot more than what either of the other two mobs offer. I miss when these votes were between mobs that all had a good shot at winning because all of them brought something cool to the game. I guess on the positive side it won't be as big of a loss when Rascal and Tuff Golem inevitably lose. Whistle
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760
Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, I can't see the Tuff Golem getting anywhere. The Sniffer's usefulness depends on what the new plants do, but if they're just cosmetic, then it'll be underwhelming. The Rascal, I think has a chance, because it at least has a clear use, even if that usefulness only applies to the early game.

(Unless, of course, the Rascal offers tools with rare or unique enchantments... but if it did, they would probably have said so!)
Kyng Offline
Rookie
XP: 8,760 Mario Kart Halloween Birthday Bash Persona 
Yeah, I can't see the Tuff Golem getting anywhere. The Sniffer's usefulness depends on what the new plants do, but if they're just cosmetic, then it'll be underwhelming. The Rascal, I think has a chance, because it at least has a clear use, even if that usefulness only applies to the early game.

(Unless, of course, the Rascal offers tools with rare or unique enchantments... but if it did, they would probably have said so!)
Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Administrators
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 9th, 2022, 11:23 PM)Kyng Wrote:
The Sniffer's usefulness depends on what the new plants do, but if they're just cosmetic, then it'll be underwhelming.
For me the new building items alone will make me vote for Sniffer over either of the other choices. It adds something useful to me in both Survival and Creative which the other two mobs don't bring to the table. It also means if the mob itself is dull (like the Glow Squid is) then something good still gets put in alongside it separate to the mob itself.

Moonface Offline
Phoggies!
Currently Playing
Favourite Platform(s)
Pronouns
he/him
(Oct 9th, 2022, 11:23 PM)Kyng Wrote:
The Sniffer's usefulness depends on what the new plants do, but if they're just cosmetic, then it'll be underwhelming.
For me the new building items alone will make me vote for Sniffer over either of the other choices. It adds something useful to me in both Survival and Creative which the other two mobs don't bring to the table. It also means if the mob itself is dull (like the Glow Squid is) then something good still gets put in alongside it separate to the mob itself.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Universal Gaming Minecraft Server Karo 58 18,055 Jun 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface