One day I'll make my new sig and avy...
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
PlayStation | Nintendo | PC
XP: 8,231
Crash Bandicoot LittleBigPlanet Spyro The Dragon 
So while Java gets the new caves to test out, Bedrock is getting the new cliff generation to test out: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/...drock-beta

The height of those new cliffs is insane!
[Image: tumblr_picdhxmZg01r1fejho5_540.gif]
IN THE SUN, SLEEPING LIKE A BUM.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
So while Java gets the new caves to test out, Bedrock is getting the new cliff generation to test out: https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/article/...drock-beta

The height of those new cliffs is insane!
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
XP: 2,815
Summer Meltdown (Shiny) Silent Hill Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
I wonder how it works when you have a server do you need to update to the new version to get the new features?

Cause huge cliffs and new caves seem really cool!
[Image: 30-humptypunch3.gif]
Karo Offline
I like flashy things
Currently Playing
Dead By Daylight
Favourite Platform(s)
PC/Switch
Summer Meltdown (Shiny) Silent Hill Hastune Miku (Shiny) 
XP: 2,815
I wonder how it works when you have a server do you need to update to the new version to get the new features?

Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

You would have to update the version just like a single player world. Otherwise how would the new terrain be generated? XD

You could probably attempt to run a snapshot on a server though for the new caves rather than waiting for the 1.17 release.

I, the Philosophical Sponge of Marbles, send you on a quest for the Golden Chewing Gum of the Whoop-A-Ding-Dong Desert under the sea!
Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
(Mar 6th, 2021, 06:03 PM)Yuri Wrote:

You would have to update the version just like a single player world. Otherwise how would the new terrain be generated? XD

You could probably attempt to run a snapshot on a server though for the new caves rather than waiting for the 1.17 release.
Moonface Offline
Administrators
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Minecraft Live is in two days from now, and as has become a tradition for the event, there will be another mob vote. The three mobs that the public will vote on to decide which one is added into the game in a future update are as follows:
I think the vote will come down to Glare and Allay. The golem just doesn't have enough use and brings nothing new that redstone can't already do, and without the need to maintain it so it keeps running. Allay is the most useful as it can be a substitute for hoppers in farms, and if it can put items away it also becomes a good item sorter with minimal effort. I'd like the Glare, but the majority of players voting will probably be on PC which lets you check light levels with F3 already, and there are simple data packs you can add to check light levels even easier too.

If Allay's can follow you, and won't necessarily die easily, they could also be used to keep precious materials on them like diamonds while you're mining so that you don't run the risk of losing them if you die to something. If there's no limit on how much they carry, then they're perfect for carrying all that cobblestone you get from mining.

What mob does anyone else want to see get in? Smile

Moonface Offline
Currently Playing
Binding of Isaac (PC)
Favourite Platform(s)
Minecraft Live is in two days from now, and as has become a tradition for the event, there will be another mob vote. The three mobs that the public will vote on to decide which one is added into the game in a future update are as follows:
I think the vote will come down to Glare and Allay. The golem just doesn't have enough use and brings nothing new that redstone can't already do, and without the need to maintain it so it keeps running. Allay is the most useful as it can be a substitute for hoppers in farms, and if it can put items away it also becomes a good item sorter with minimal effort. I'd like the Glare, but the majority of players voting will probably be on PC which lets you check light levels with F3 already, and there are simple data packs you can add to check light levels even easier too.

If Allay's can follow you, and won't necessarily die easily, they could also be used to keep precious materials on them like diamonds while you're mining so that you don't run the risk of losing them if you die to something. If there's no limit on how much they carry, then they're perfect for carrying all that cobblestone you get from mining.

What mob does anyone else want to see get in? Smile
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Moderators
Currently Playing
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) | Pokémon Crystal
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
XP: 6,602
Rayman (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
Glare sounds useful for base building. It's a very reassuring thing without you having.to manually check every time an area needs light.

Golem sounds kind of lame. It's a cute idea, kind of like a temp robot that needs winding up, but it sounds more hassle than anything you can possibly reap benefits from
[Image: 40lI5nT.png]
ShiraNoMai Offline
Beeg Sadge
Currently Playing
Halo: Combat Evolved (Anniversary) | Pokémon Crystal
Favourite Platform(s)
SNES | PS2 | Switch
Rayman (Shiny) Super Mario Bros. (Shiny) Pokémon (Shiny) 
XP: 6,602
Glare sounds useful for base building. It's a very reassuring thing without you having.to manually check every time an area needs light.

Golem sounds kind of lame. It's a cute idea, kind of like a temp robot that needs winding up, but it sounds more hassle than anything you can possibly reap benefits from
Nightingale Online
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
XP: 1,228
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
Yeah, the Golem sounds stupid and the nail on the coffin was having to mantain it.

I like Glare, though.
When leaves have fallen.
And skies turned to grey.
The night keeps on closing in on the day.
A nightingale sings his song of farewell.
You better hide from her freezing hell. ~ Ice Queen, Within Temptation.

Nightingale Online
Resident Manic Farmer
Currently Playing
Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town
Dragon Quest Final Fantasy Splatoon 
XP: 1,228
Yeah, the Golem sounds stupid and the nail on the coffin was having to mantain it.

I like Glare, though.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pokémon Unite | Blissey Update & Upcoming Pokémon Karo 9 288 Aug 22nd, 2021, 04:26 AM
Last Post: ShiraNoMai
  Universal Gaming Minecraft Server Karo 58 4,406 Jun 28th, 2021, 09:06 PM
Last Post: Moonface